• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

End of last season was terrible. Haven't placed yet because of it but I'm glad I haven't based on what's being said here, kotaku, stylosa and youroverwatch. Bring lower than your rank due to blizzards shitty placements, throwers and team based sr is real shitty and seems to be a downward spiral.

Six stacks too. They avoid the issue of having multiple people of the same role at the same time like they avoid three-four support mains on the same team.

How do you climb 400-600SR in one day/four hour session? Six stack. I've seen a six stack that ran full dive on EU server and they stomped us over and over. They had a gold level Winston that was suspiciously playing very well.

Three matches a lost in row including one where an Ana kept getting dived, couldn't heal unless she had grenade, and wouldn't switch. We would have won with a Lucio or Zen.

nutella

Neo Member
When you're gaining as much as 40-45 SR a win, and losing about 10 for losses, does that mean the system strongly believes you belong in a higher SR and is trying to place you there?

When you're gaining as much as 40-45 SR a win, and losing about 10 for losses, does that mean the system strongly believes you belong in a higher SR and is trying to place you there?

You get bonus SR for about 40-50 games after placing, the SR for me losing has always been random, it'll go from 10-25SR per loss.

If you're getting 40-45 SR after you ran through your bonus SR, then yes, the game thinks you should be at a higher level.

I wish I could go around the world, and gently hug every player who thinks Ana is an appropriate Mercy substitute harder and harder until they realize the error of their ways.

Ramirez

I wish I could go around the world, and gently hug every player who thinks Ana is an appropriate Mercy substitute harder and harder until they realize the error of their ways.

Can you blame them? One is a fun, engaging healer, the other is boring as fuck. 🤷🏻

One can res dead teammates, the other can be useful and impactful for the whole team for the whole game.

If they can aim, and the team comp allows for it. And when it consists of Genji's and Winstons and Tracer's, it doesnt.

Would have lost the match I just finished if I didn't go Mercy and force our Lucio off, we were getting dick for heals and losing to a solo healing Mercy on Oasis.

Mercy's not gonna follow them for sure when they dive.

I follow Winston's all the time on Mercy, and I have been pocketed as Winston as well. I'd rather take a Mercy over an Ana any day, I have way too many bad experiences with Ana players to consider her as being more useful than a Mercy in this current meta.

Pre-nerf or on PC, yeah I'd take an Ana, but not on console after the nerf. Ana was king back when triple and quad tanking was being done.

The amount of Hanzos being instalocked is the official metric atm.

And it's a lot. A whole goddamn lot.
One hypothesis I have is that a lot of Roadhog players have moved to Hanzo. He is one of a few heroes that provides the same kind of play - projectile one shots. He also has Scattershot, which is kind of like hook in terms of outright deleting a character out of position.

It would be interesting to check and see their mains last season and see if Roadhog was used a lot.

I am still stunned that her melee isn't a backwards horse-kick with knockback.
The melee attacks in the game are generally uninteresting.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
One can res dead teammates, the other can be useful and impactful for the whole team for the whole game.

Maybe on PC this is true. On console, Mercy is much more impactful than Ana in pretty much every situation, outside of Grandmaster. She averages like 60% more healing.

Moonkid

Three matches a lost in row including one where an Ana kept getting dived, couldn't heal unless she had grenade, and wouldn't switch. We would have won with a Lucio or Zen.
I used to play a bit of Ana in past seasons but I havent touched her since because I know Im not up to scratch.

first game of the day attack route 66. didn't think we could win. because dps can't aim and hit pharah so i couldn't ana. so i went zen just to make it out of first checkpoint. even with pharah my accuracy for the game was 37% instead of the usual 11% LMFAO

we managed to get all 3 points with 24 seconds left.

it was our turn to defend. we actually managed to hold first point but they decided to s76 ult us. we kept falling apart but not as badly. they always did well with the last few seconds. so we ended up holding the last point

somehow i managed to get two rein main with 17 hours each. and they also played reaper with 9 hours. lol.

i'll end the day on a win. not trying to gamble.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the idea of Fear but it works on aimbotters. More people would try aimbots if the penalty wasn't so severe. Quitting/Raging/Throwing there is no fear of penalty so people continue to do it. Take times reported/hours played and take the top 10% ban them for a season. Or, I'm sure they can check spikes in a player being reported X player has been reported 10 times in last hour.

We deserved better than that Pollux, throwers are out to get us.

Yep, sure feels like it. That one thrower was just awful - the fact that we still managed to cap both points is a testament to how good we really are (or at least that's what I'm going to say to myself twenty times in the mirror tonight).

Also I realized after the match that the guy that left before the match started was named "Overwatch Smurf" backwards, so my guess is he was doing the much more friendly way of downranking by killing his SR before the match starts. So technically out of 4 matches, we had 2.5 throwers. I think that's a personal record for me.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm cryin, Kings Row Attack in comp and this D.Va and I light up the Defense Junkrat so fast he rage quit and the match ended.

First soloq, shimada bros duo.

Loss.

The genji switched to a widow one round on koth, you know, to make things work.

Don't do this to yourself, finish Prey.

When me and batman come back you will be gone showing ptsd symptoms whenever someone says Hanzo out loud.

Top Bottom