• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Just saw a video with the buffed Orisa shield... it's huge. The size is actually insane.

The projectile speed buff is also pretty good, on console sometimes you had to lead your shots so much that the crosshair would go outside of the aim assist range.

6-stack was good tonight with PS4GAF. Although I really wanted to be Symmetra on Horizon. :( Someday I will get to show off my Symmetra skills to GAF.

The Sym did work pretty well there, I was surprised.

I say we all get one comp round as Doomfist, and if we win when you're Doomfist, you're allowed to play him in comp, but if you lose you're banned from playing him for a month. Seems fair.

I'm gonna secretly throw the game when it's Owzers turn.

You guys sure love poking at him for playing Soldier and Doomfist.

It's half the fun :p

Gorillaz

Just got tilted over a winston that couldn't deal with a sym or her turrets yet complained about me as phara with my gold elim and damage

Gorillaz

Sym can fuck up Winston if she opens with an orb. He needs to take out turrets but Pharah should be the one picking off symmetra.

Their only healer was a lucio and we were on L Tower. Winston can clear a pack of turrets by just jumping into the spot. My dude couldn't even do that. I already dealt with sym mucho times

Nimby

Banned
Venom mine change is probably going to be straight cancer. Wallhacks makes it so much easier to hit headshots with Widow.

It only being visible to Widow is kinda stupid though. In comp you would just relay the information to others, Hanzo gets wallhacks for everyone too and his is hard to tell if it is even active at all.

Widow is pretty oppressive on console. She is a high skill hero that absolutely destroys when someone has mastered her and m/kb isn't only available on PC.

Wanderer5

<3

gmRLebJ.jpg

Such a great skin.

How can you have over 300 hours in a game and still be so fucking clueless

No Lucio can not go in a cp solo

No Rein does not work with a team who won't group up

Christ

Cappa

Banned
I'm not feeling lucio ball. Lucio is too slow and his speed boost takes too long to cooldown. Impact on the ball feels weak too.
Wall ride and use the jump pads when you're not close to a wall to gain speeds by jumping from one pad to another.

Also don't shoot at the ball as soon as it comes to you if there are no defenders near you "trap" it with your body dribble a little bit and aim at the top part of the ball to put the ball in the air you would think aiming underneath would but actually aiming top part of the ball gets you higher air time

No Lucio can not go in a cp solo

No Rein does not work with a team who won't group up

Christ

I disagree, I have done both of those things. Rein can be a beast as a DPS in small quarters maps. Really only need one good healer.

And Lucio can hold and distract to cap if you ride to the ceiling in maps.

I disagree, I have done both of those things. Rein can be a beast as a DPS in small quarters maps. Really only need one good healer.

And Lucio can hold and distract to cap if you ride to the ceiling in maps.
Well he wasn't doing much dpsing and the Lucio wasn't doing much stalling considering he didn't wallride

Also Christ on a stick nobody groups up in solo q anymore and I've got some garbo kid going roadhog.

Also is there a bug with d.VA now? I'm getting ejected and/or killed out of my mech like instantly. I got ejected once with 300 health..

Just got a 5 kill streak in my very first life as doomfist in comp

I declare myself the official ps4 doomfist main

Ignoring the meteor strike kill I got that I ended up dying from because junk was the death...

I don't know what the hell happened but suddenly after my break I'm amazing with zen and love playing him. I used to be awful with him. I know about the spread buff but still.

6 placements in, 4-2. not bad, not bad. Got Hanzo's new highlight intro and man, it's completely ruined by the laughably low res target lol

Chance

How does the double mine works so far? Does it explode at the same time when both are deployed or in order it was deployed?

If you try to deploy a second mine the first disappears. One mine out at a time.

I don't know what the hell happened but suddenly after my break I'm amazing with zen and love playing him. I used to be awful with him. I know about the spread buff but still.

6 placements in, 4-2. not bad, not bad. Got Hanzo's new highlight intro and man, it's completely ruined by the laughably low res target lol

What ruins it for me is that when it splits and you see Hanzo through it, he's clealy within like 15 feet of the target. I know it's so you can see him clearly in all his Hanzo glory, but it's also like... Y'know... Seems like less hard of a shot now...

Schlep

Was playing tonight on PS4. A few games before hitting diamond, I had one where we needed to hold them under 1 tick. Two of us get killed by ulting Genji and we lose the match because the other four are apparently playing Call of Duty off the point.

Makes me seriously question the whole SR system. I can't even imagine what bronze is like if this is the top 10-15% of players.

PatjuhR

Oh sweet, DM and TDM are coming to Overwatch. Somehow I think that will benefit Quick Play and Competitive.

Quick Play will become more playable.

Blues1990

Oh sweet, DM and TDM are coming to Overwatch. Somehow I think that will benefit Quick Play and Competitive.

Quick Play will become more playable.

I don't know. People are going to continue to have the mentality of "It's Quick Play. Why should I give a shit?", even when Deathmatch is available and people can play that mode to their hearts content.

Gawge

I've only been playing for a couple of months, but I'm really getting into the game now and feel like I can climb competitive.

Had quite a few wins last night, and feel all I need is a team that has a majority of objective/team players.

Anyway, I just discovered Master Overwatched and was surprised at my win %s for heroes. I tend to flex between Rein/Orisa, Lucio and Soldier depending on what is needed. I usually end up being a tank, but like playing Lucio on capture the point maps if possible.

My win % for Orisa and Lucio are both 67%, but are around 52% for Rein and Soldier.

I feel I am often pushed from Orisa to Rein though when selecting characters! My ideal is Orisa on defence and Rein on attack, but often switch for the team. Am I now justified in sticking to Orisa for defence?

Also, any PS4 players, would love to team up. I'm currently just over 2100 but climbing.

I made the entire enemy team rage quit Lucio Ball last night, so I'm happy about that. I scored 3 goals in the first 30-40 seconds, then during kick-off after the 3rd goal, I just booped it straight into the net, and they all left.

That felt good.

Cappa

Banned

LiK

We won, but we really lost imo. Sometimes it's not worth it, I need to build credibility as a dps main but in order to do that I have to comp them.

You're the best tank in our group. Feel free to play DPS when you're going solo.

The games I saw today just reinforced my idea that people should stop picking tanks if they have no clue of what they are supposed to be doing with them.

The amount of feeding was off the charts, we faced some really terrible Winstons and D.Vas.

That first group we faced hated me so much when I was Zen. They literally had their Winston constantly go after me. If they were smarter, their DVa should've double teamed me but thankfully, they didn't do that. I Discord tanks every chance I get. Always top priority for me.

The Sym did work pretty well there, I was surprised.

You never played with my Symm there! She's my main in Horizon.

6-stack was good tonight with PS4GAF. Although I really wanted to be Symmetra on Horizon. :( Someday I will get to show off my Symmetra skills to GAF.

On Defense? Go ahead. She's super strong in that map. I only play as her in that map on Defense in both Comp and QP. You instalocked her so I had to pick someone else. Her teleporter can keep first point occupied if the enemy team sucks at destroying it. And she's invaluable on second point with her shield generator combined with Torb's armor. I was really happy Owzers picked Torb.

I have a set strategy with her in Horizon and it works 80% of the time as long as my team doesn't die within the first 2 team fights.

Season 5 ending on the 28th.

Still got to do my placements... The last week will be bad too. Damn.

Fuck, need to reach Diamond before then. If we can do another 6-stack again and win 4-5 more matches, I might reach it.

Frester

I've only been playing for a couple of months, but I'm really getting into the game now and feel like I can climb competitive.

Had quite a few wins last night, and feel all I need is a team that has a majority of objective/team players.

Anyway, I just discovered Master Overwatched and was surprised at my win %s for heroes. I tend to flex between Rein/Orisa, Lucio and Soldier depending on what is needed. I usually end up being a tank, but like playing Lucio on capture the point maps if possible.

My win % for Orisa and Lucio are both 67%, but are around 52% for Rein and Soldier.

I feel I am often pushed from Orisa to Rein though when selecting characters! My ideal is Orisa on defence and Rein on attack, but often switch for the team. Am I now justified in sticking to Orisa for defence?

Also, any PS4 players, would love to team up. I'm currently just over 2100 but climbing.

PS4 GAF Scrub League reporting in. Currently at 2428, trying to hit Plat before the season ends! Shoot me a PM if you wanna group up

Mr Git

I'm liking the sound of the buffs generally. I don't use Widow but 12 seconds on her escape tool always felt a bit shady. Looking forward to scrubbing up and getting better with Orisa and Junk

LiK

The Widow buffs seem good and not OP. Giving her a quicker escape option combined with the wallhack for the spidermine for her makes her more useful. Altho, she's gonna be even more of a pain to deal with. I feel like she'll be a bigger nightmare on PC than console.

Jellie

Fuck, need to reach Diamond before then. If we can do another 6-stack again and win 4-5 more matches, I might reach it.

GL.
I finished my placements now. 7/3. Last two games had 5 support mains on my team (if you include me) but we won those lol. Got a week to get back to masters now which should be doable pretty easily from the bonus SR. Maybe 1 or 2 wins.

LiK

GL.
I finished my placements now. 7/3. Last two games had 5 support mains on my team (if you include me) but we won those lol. Got a week to get back to masters now which should be doable pretty easily from the bonus SR. Maybe 1 or 2 wins.

You won't believe how good it felt to have a full team and not worry about randoms throwing or trolling. We had a full team of PS4 squad and no one tilted and we worked together building out a good team comp. I didn't even feel bad when we finally lost one cuz that was a close game that ended up in the final round.

Season 5 is such a mess that 6-stacks is the way to go. Even one random who isn't playing with the team can totally ruin our matches.

Top Bottom