• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

exYle

To my understanding you can't have two Junk mines out at once. If you throw out a second without detonating the first, the first mine disappears. So that should help with preventing instakills

Really love Master rank logic sometimes.

"Enemy team running a PharMercy thats constantly wrecking our tanks? Lets run Junkrat and Genji."

"Both of our tanks get pissed off and swap to McCree/Soldier? Lets call them throwers and refuse to swap roles"

Barely won a Liijang by the skin of our teeth because of dumbassery

It's a decent buff to a shitty ability and a minor buff to a shittier one. Atleast on console, it won't mean much, but it's more convenient for Widowmaker to be able to escape more often, even if the escape method itself is bad.

The Venom Mine buff is good, but it's not going to be a game changer of any kind.

???

Widow's grapple is a great ability for repositioning.

The way you play against a Widow is to dive her when right after she uses her grapple. If that time period is 33% less than before, it's a big deal. The game might be less about diving her in that time period and more about hiding behind shields to minimize her effectiveness. I don't think the latter scenario is very fun.

Veelk

Banned
???

Widow's grapple is a great ability for repositioning.

The way you play against a Widow is to dive her when right after she uses her grapple. If that time period is 33% less than before, it's a big deal. The game might be less about diving her in that time period and more about hiding behind shields to minimize her effectiveness. I don't think the latter scenario is very fun.

If it works, Widow has a shot at survivability, but in my experience, even if they have grapple, it's usually not a strong escape ability since you have to aim it before you go anywhere, wait for it to actually hook itself, and Widowmaker then travels in a predictable path away.

I feel it's a weak manuever ability in comparison to the likes of dash and winston's rocket jump (which is instantaneous) or D.Va's rocket boosters (which are controllable).

But I have to stress this is console. Widowmakers repositioning is usually not a big deal because they rarely hit critical shots. It might be way more significant on PC.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, a shittier Sonic Arrow with, still, less damage and zero team utility. Way to think outside the box, Blizz.

On another note, this is nice to see from the company that just released the Widow in a Bikini skin.

Why does it matter that Widow in a bikini skin exists? You know how many bare chested dude skins there are in this game?

Who's an effective counter to DF? I just can't consistently shut him down. Additionally does anyone have any good tips to use him? I'm too afraid to use him effectively in comp yet. That fucking KO punch is bananas!

Veelk

Banned
Why does it matter that Widow in a bikini skin exists? You know how many bare chested dude skins there are in this game?

It's not the same thing. One is designed to feel empowering, the other can be objectifying. The only one that can be argued to be fanservicing in that way is maybe McCree's Lifeguard skin.

But I'm actually asking about this in the GAQ thread right now to try and get a gauge on how women feel about Widowmaker's skin.

Gorillaz

Who's an effective counter to DF? I just can't consistently shut him down. Additionally does anyone have any good tips to use him? I'm too afraid to use him effectively in comp yet. That fucking KO punch is bananas!
depends on how good you are with certain people bur sombra is the easiest one on paper

Blues1990

Wow buffing Junkrat lmao. That's exactly what I wanna see Blizzard, a bunch of lame ass Junkrat holds from grenade and mine spam + near impossible to kill tires.

Cool for y'all who main him and find him fun, I appreciate the depth the defense characters add to the OW toolbox but seriously, defense characters are not fun going up against, I'd be happy with that whole class being fun to play but competitively useless. I'm hoping this is something like the Bastion changes where Blizzard dials it back after a week or two.

I'm in the minority that I want all of the characters can become viable in some fashion.

Chance

It's not the same thing. One is designed to feel empowering, the other can be objectifying. The only one that can be argued to be fanservicing in that way is maybe McCree's Lifeguard skin.

But I'm actually asking about this in the GAQ thread right now to try and get a gauge on how women feel about Widowmaker's skin.

Your explanation is nicely succinct -
this has always been my favorite version. My take is the glasses are fabulous and the sarong is elegant and relatively modest, but it does trigger my perniciou-meter - even as it makes me wanna' see the rest of the cast in Official Beachwear - just like Cruiser D.Va and Graffiti Tracer make me desperate for more "casual" skins.

I'd be interested to know the response you get from the other thread

Veelk

Banned
I picked the right time to start loving Junkrat. Early enough to get good with him before the buff, meaning I'll be doubly effective with it.

Veelk

Banned
My boss's boss (Junk main) is thrilled. As a Tracer main I don't believe Junk needs more burst damage, thankyouverymuch.

If it were up to me, I'd have rather he'd be able to lay down 3 traps instead of getting 2 concussions. That'd be a weaker buff overall but even worse for tracers since they tend to not watch the ground as much.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Widow's bikini. It's pretty chick, and not too revealing. I think it's less fan servicey than her standard wear lol.

Veelk

Banned

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I love the guy who asks to take soldier over me, when I'm gold in 3 things, and then he isn't able to kill the one guy capping and they win.

HiiiLife

Players just need to be well versed with a character in each role. At least. It's stupid when DPS mains don't know what to do when both their DPS's are taken and think well shit guess I'll pick Doomfist.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need to adopt Gigantic's system where you pick a pool of 5 heroes to queue with and then it builds a matchmaking team based off that

but I guess its harder when you can change midgame like in OW

Chance

If it were up to me, I'd have rather he'd be able to lay down 3 traps instead of getting 2 concussions. That'd be a weaker buff overall but even worse for tracers since they tend to not watch the ground as much.

Hissss! Booo!

I don't think there's anything wrong with Widow's bikini. It's pretty chick, and not too revealing. I think it's less fan servicey than her standard wear lol.

Weirdly, yeah, it's less cringey than her default - though that may speak more to how insane her default is.

So pretty.

LiK

4-1. Good games overall with PS4 squad. We did real well against other stacks. Teamwork and no stomps. Close games. This is how it was meant to be played. Hopefully all the shitheads are too busy playing Lucioball to throw in Comp, heh

Hitscan, Pharah.

That Rocket Punch is the dumbest ability in the game though, I never thought I would say this in a world where scatter arrow exists.

The hitbox on that move is FAR too generous.

Good couple of games. Wish I could have played more tonight

You're pretty good.

4-1. Good games overall with PS4 squad. We did real well against other stacks. Teamwork and no stomps. Close games. This is how it was meant to be played. Hopefully all the shitheads are too busy playing Lucioball to throw in Comp, heh

Lots of fun.

Owzers

We won, but we really lost imo. Sometimes it's not worth it, I need to build credibility as a dps main but in order to do that I have to comp them.

The games I saw today just reinforced my idea that people should stop picking tanks if they have no clue of what they are supposed to be doing with them.

The amount of feeding was off the charts, we faced some really terrible Winstons and D.Vas.

I bet they could do a better job by going dps/support and forget about 2-2-2 comps.

We won, but we really lost imo. Sometimes it's not worth it.

We prevented you from going doomfist, the world is a much better place like this.

That was our biggest achievement today.

Thanks. What was your gamertag? Not sure of anyone's gamertag vs gaf name lol

Nediar, the guy that complains a lot :p

I sent you a FR when we stopped playing.

6-stack was good tonight with PS4GAF. Although I really wanted to be Symmetra on Horizon. :( Someday I will get to show off my Symmetra skills to GAF.

We prevented you from going doomfist, the world is a much better place like this.

That was our biggest achievement today.

I say we all get one comp round as Doomfist, and if we win when you're Doomfist, you're allowed to play him in comp, but if you lose you're banned from playing him for a month. Seems fair.

Top Bottom