• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Chance

Oh I didn't know that. Still, he will heal more and then just come back to feed more ult charge? I haven't played enough Roadhog to think he's very good, but this won't fix him.

It'll definitely make him harder to kill. Nothin's easier than landing headshots on a huffing Hog, at the moment.

We'll see... Personally I'm amazed Junk's double mine didn't come with a reduction in mine damage. That's crazy!

antitrop

I got carried by Emongg (formerly of Selfless)

48GyNYY.png

Dude on first impressions the Orisa and Widow buffs seem MASSIVE.

I love the Junkrat buff too, but why they gotta do my boy Roadhog like that :(

Doomfist is just destroying me. If his KO punch doesn't 1-shot me (fun btw) it disorientates me and then he immediately vanishes into a shoryuken into a fucking ground pound. He's not fun to engage at all. At least old RH was slow and big enough for me to react to.

Blues1990

Exactly. Really pathetic from Blizzard.

Again, they have the philosophy of "let the meta play out" with some heroes, but not others.

They made hooking harder and harder and harder, so that when you DO hook someone, you are rewarded for it.

Now, hooking is harder than ever, and you still cant get kills.

So I ask, what is the point of playing the hero when you can easily play someone else who hasnt been completely ruined? Spoiler, there isnt one.

Again, I wouldn't have an issue with these changes IF they completely rework Roadhog to be more of an Anchor Tank. As of now, he's a reliability. I've tried making him work, but what's the point of playing the hero when you can easily play someone else who is more consistent and can be a more contributing member to the team?

I mean, I can't see why they couldn't balance around what made Roadhog unique as a Zoning Tank. You can do that without ruffling peoples feathers with a sledgehammer approach to balancing, and I can guarantee you that players don't want another generic bullet soaker that slightly inconveniences the enemy team.

I'm not saying Roadhog should be able to two-shot D.Va like he used to, or just delete Reaper. He should, however, be able to reliably kill 200 HP (and below) heroes since those are the bigger threats he was designed to take down. Right now, you can count yourself lucky if you even bring Tracer to half HP.

Roadhog isn't scary right now. At all. In fact, it's hilarious seeing a Roadhog waddle in the general direction of your team because you know he can't do anything.

I love the look of the new map but I admit I'm kind of disappointed they didn't use the look for a QP/Comp map.

It would have to be redesigned of course but I love it visually.

pizzacat

Banned
Yes, I just tested it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_ZDbxsqENQ&feature=em-upload_owner

However, it's a high risk, high reward sort of thing.

1. You're very likely to fail. Junkrat's conclusion mines can be really finicky with the physics, as you can see.

2. Even if you make it, you're not gonna have your mines with you.

So if you're gonna go for it, you better be careful.
Wait you can jump from mines? What the fuck? What button combination is it

Deathmatch? I hope all the instalock Genji/Widow/Hanzo players on console find their true calling there, they sure as heck don't much like payloads.

As someone who thinks Roadhog isn't as bad as he's made out to be I kinda fear that change in concept, just gotta see how it plays out I guess.

Orisa buffs are good times for me.

Phu

Banned
Yes, I just tested it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_ZDbxsqENQ&feature=em-upload_owner

However, it's a high risk, high reward sort of thing.

1. You're very likely to fail. Junkrat's conclusion mines can be really finicky with the physics, as you can see.

2. Even if you make it, you're not gonna have your mines with you.

So if you're gonna go for it, you better be careful.

I think flanking over the right of the choke will still be better. You can stall on the rooftops to get another charge and duck into the back-upper hallway once you're over where the close quarters gives you a huge advantage.

Veelk

Banned
I'm really hoping Widow's buff isn't as massive as it seems.

I guess people wanted death-ball back...

It's a decent buff to a shitty ability and a minor buff to a shittier one. Atleast on console, it won't mean much, but it's more convenient for Widowmaker to be able to escape more often, even if the escape method itself is bad.

The Venom Mine buff is good, but it's not going to be a game changer of any kind.

Rafy

I got 3 legendary drops from the 5 free prime lootboxes, but one of them was coins. The other two were an Orissa one and the Genji Bedouin skin

Apathy

I have no idea why i need to get punished every fucking game with a shit widow main that couldn't hit roadhog standing still

Roadhog changes show that Blizard either doesn't know how their game works or just wants to remove Roadhog from the game which they should just do instead of trolling us with BS changes.

The main reason Roadhog has issues is he has no sustain damage, not that he can't stay alive.

Wow buffing Junkrat lmao. That's exactly what I wanna see Blizzard, a bunch of lame ass Junkrat holds from grenade and mine spam + near impossible to kill tires.

Cool for y'all who main him and find him fun, I appreciate the depth the defense characters add to the OW toolbox but seriously, defense characters are not fun going up against, I'd be happy with that whole class being fun to play but competitively useless. I'm hoping this is something like the Bastion changes where Blizzard dials it back after a week or two.

Top Bottom