• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

AbaFadi

Banned
I'll save this post for when Genji & Tracer become even more of a nuisance on console with no Roadhogs in the game.

I'd say Winston if anything is the biggest winner here. If you're getting countered consistently as Tracer by a hog you probably have bad movement with her.

Paltheos

If all this is true, RIP Roadhog. Goodbye, my friend. :(
I'll give him a try later.

The twitch prime lootboxes are a small solace. I'll take free lootboxes. Sure. My amazon prime membership continues paying for itself.

Nimby

Banned
As a complete newb, I love playing as Mercy, she's been my main so far with over 4 hours of game time in just her. Could you explain why Ana or Zenyatta are better? I tried Ana today for the first time and I had a real hard time aiming her healing sniper rifle :/ Especially when moving and in actual combat, it's too hectic on console. Zenyatta seemed alright but wasn't all that fun to play as but I need to give him more time. His actual healing seemed inferior to Mercy unless you use the ult?

In QP you can play whatever you want. In ranked, if you're plat for example, most plat players are not able to counter resurrection, so she is lots better in lower tiers. As you get higher ranked, you can't just res x4 or x5 and expect to win the fight. People will wait out the res with other ults to counter it.

If your aim is good and you can hit the shots with Ana, you should probably play Ana if you're higher ranked. This is a lot harder to do on console, Ana in particular seems like an afterthought in console, and not very well designed for controllers. Zenyatta vs. Mercy isn't as comparable, but Zen deals lots of damage + buffing everyone's damage at the cost of lower healing. So it is something to consider if you think you have enough healing. Solo Zen isn't enough support, but Zen + any support that isn't Symmetra is good.

Also, lukewarm about Hog nerfs. He sucks now, but at least he won't one-shot right-click me anymore :D

Ramirez

Bye Roadhog, you will not be missed.

Characters that counter them become more viable. Like Sombra and Symmetra for example. On top of the other tanks.

I could count the amount of viable Sombra's I've came across on console on one hand. Roadhog certainly wasn't the reason she wasn't that great, people just die with her way too easily by pretty much every character.

Reaper already gave Winston trouble, and now he's buffed, I could see Winston not being much of a factor now.

I'd say Winston if anything is the biggest winner here. If you're getting countered consistently as Tracer by a hog you probably have bad movement with her.

Do you counter her every hook? No, but you can certainly get some key hooks on her in certain fights that change the game. People have shit aim against Genji & Tracer, so every little hook helps, and now there will be 0, lol.

I mean none of this really makes any sense as he was a in a fine position. His hook was nerfed to hell and back, he was the easiest target in the game to build ult on, and you had to have decent aim to kill people with his alt fire. I just don't understand the nerf to begin with.

LiK

If it makes you Hog mains feel any better, people did tests in PTR and Hog can still hook and one shot Tracer.

Genji is more inconsistent tho.

AbaFadi

Banned
Do you counter her every hook? No, but you can certainly get some key hooks on her in certain fights that change the game. People have shit aim against Genji & Tracer, so every little hook helps, and now there will be 0, lol.

I mean none of this really makes any sense as he was a in a fine position. His hook was nerfed to hell and back, he was the easiest target in the game to build ult on, and you had to have decent aim to kill people with his alt fire. I just don't understand the nerf to begin with.

I don't think hog was balanced tbh. He did a little too much of everything. The reason he got instalocked literally every single game was because he has 600 health, can heal half of his health every 8 seconds, and did so much damage for a tank. You can be positioned like an idiot and still go unpunished due to his high health pool and dps. Most good roadhog players just go around and do their own thing and don't really play with the team.This nerf just makes it so you can't go around flanking anymore and getting away with the dumbest things.

I tried out the new hog and honestly he's not that bad. If you can aim and land shots with him you can still secure kills, except now you have to do it with your team and not just flanking and doing as you please with hog.

LiK

I already played the new map on PTR so I know how it is. Curious how much of a mess it is on console with people who haven't played it.

Blu(e)

Oh man they added a all modes stats tab. I had Sombra at 100 hours in QP but in all modes it's 107. It's ruined!
Zen rocking that 115 though.
Eb2eOD2l.jpg

AbaFadi

Banned
oh man.

taimou solo emp'd a zen in apex last night

please don't catch on. please.

I doubt you'd see it catch on lol. He did it to prevent the zen from getting ult charge I believe, could be wrong. I highly doubt you'd see that in unorganized games.

I already played the new map on PTR so I know how it is. Curious how much of a mess it is on console with people who haven't played it.

I thought it was a clusterfuck tbh.

No one on my team had ever seen the map but apparently the other team knew it very well...we got rolled like a bitch.

EndMerit

To hell with low gravity.
I played so much mayhem that I got used to double HP and faster pace altogether, and now it got replaced with the mode where everyone is squishy again and where you can play Widow or go fuck yourself.
And I was looking forward to it too...

RemiLP

If the most recent meta has taught me anything is that Tracer needs a counter like Winston is for Genji

Isnt mccree a counter to tracer? I mean, he may not be very viable in the current meta, but isnt his tool kit a counter to tracer? with the flash bang and 1 hit kill after?

LiK

Jeff explained that the antigrav portion to make it easier for teams to use as an alt route to capture. I forget it it's active in Comp. I think it's only antigrav in QP and Arcade.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Jeff explained that the antigrav portion to make it easier for teams to use as an alt route to capture. I forget it it's active in Comp. I think it's only antigrav in QP and Arcade.

The staircase to the right IS already an alternate route though.. played 6 games and it is total suicide to go out there. The staircase is way faster and safer

Top Bottom