• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

there better be a horizon 24/7 playlist that uses the qp ruleset and has normal xp gain (and achievements enabled :) )

also they're not actually going through with the hog nerf are they?

and regardless of how reaper turns out with this buff I still think he needs to shadowstep slightly faster

Owzers

Soloq was okay last night, one of those " my team is good instead of hanzo" matchmakings.

Worst moment: I charged off a cliff trying to pin a mercy in hanamura defense A.
Best: quad kill Reaper ult and then I finished off hog, I am ready for tonight.

rulerk1

Why do Junkrat and Genji players have such bad attitudes lol. They are usually the first ones to tilt and scream at the team for something

Reaper just blows through teams who are aware of him now. im kind of scared to see the new Reaper. Zarya/Reaper was already dumb enough pre buff

Nimby

Banned
Mercy won't be able to res from spawn soon: link

This won't fix the issue with res at all though, the only way you COULD fix it and not have Mercy be shit tier again is to completely change the way her ultimate works. Ults from spawn really only work on last point Gibraltar.

Mercy in the eSports scene is still only used as a Pharah pocket or in some other super specific niche strategies. If you need a good healer you choose Ana, or you go Zenyatta.

Like what they really should look into is making Ana and Mercy more balanced across all ranks. On PC Ana is still used quite a bit, but Mercy edges her out in picks up until Masters because of the skill required. Then when you get to Master, Mercy is just inferior (especially if res just gets straight nerfs) to Ana because you can land those shots and heal more. Plus she has other valuable tools to bring to a fight. Console might as well not exist, Mercy is the preferred healer at all ranks on console.

They edited the post. It will be in now.

edit: Apologies everyone but I was mistaken about Horizon Lunar Colony being disabled in Competitive Play during this week. We are considering this for future map releases but server tech for it isn't available right now. New heroes are disabled for the first week, and that was the source of my confusion.

WAT!?!! I know this isn't likely a new hero today, but the way it's worded I can dream :)

Prelude.

The golden loot boxes were a mistake.

567566zuyd.jpg

I've already linked my Bnet and PS4 account, how do I make sure I get the twitch prime loot box on PS4 if I have to enter the code in the Bnet app on PC?

Minamu

Mercy won't be able to res from spawn soon: link

This won't fix the issue with res at all though, the only way you COULD fix it and not have Mercy be shit tier again is to completely change the way her ultimate works. Ults from spawn really only work on last point Gibraltar.

Mercy in the eSports scene is still only used as a Pharah pocket or in some other super specific niche strategies. If you need a good healer you choose Ana, or you go Zenyatta.

Like what they really should look into is making Ana and Mercy more balanced across all ranks. On PC Ana is still used quite a bit, but Mercy edges her out in picks up until Masters because of the skill required. Then when you get to Master, Mercy is just inferior (especially if res just gets straight nerfs) to Ana because you can land those shots and heal more. Plus she has other valuable tools to bring to a fight. Console might as well not exist, Mercy is the preferred healer at all ranks on console.
As a complete newb, I love playing as Mercy, she's been my main so far with over 4 hours of game time in just her. Could you explain why Ana or Zenyatta are better? I tried Ana today for the first time and I had a real hard time aiming her healing sniper rifle :/ Especially when moving and in actual combat, it's too hectic on console. Zenyatta seemed alright but wasn't all that fun to play as but I need to give him more time. His actual healing seemed inferior to Mercy unless you use the ult?

LiK

So the gold lootboxes were related to this promotion. I would give a shit if it was related to an event skin instead. Meh.

antitrop

As a complete newb, I love playing as Mercy, she's been my main so far with over 4 hours of game time in just her. Could you explain why Ana or Zenyatta are better? I tried Ana today for the first time and I had a real hard time aiming her healing sniper rifle :/ Especially when moving and in actual combat, it's too hectic on console. Zenyatta seemed alright but wasn't all that fun to play as but I need to give him more time. His actual healing seemed inferior to Mercy unless you use the ult?
Mercy's main downside is that she can only do one thing at a time: Heal, damage boost, or use the Pistol. She has to make a choice between those options at all times. Zenyatta does not.

Zen can have a Discord Orb on an enemy target at the same time he has a Harmony Orb on a friendly target, essentially healing and damage boosting at the same time. Since his Harmony/Discord Orbs have no cooldown or cast time, he can also use them "for free" in between shots of his primary fire. Zen's weaker healing is made up for with his high damage and the focus fire potential of Discord Orb.

Don't worry about Ana if you're playing on console, she's only better than Mercy on PC.

”Rate This Match" option no longer appears at the end of a match

RIP useless rating.

A new ”Barrier Damage Done" statistic has been added to the Statistics section of the Career Profile, as well as an ”All Damage Done" statistic, which combines damage done to barriers and heroes

The new ”Hero Damage Done" statistic is the same as the old ”Damage Done" statistic, but it doesn't include damage done to barriers, only damage against heroes and placed objects (e.g. Torbjörn's turret). That number can be found in the new ”Barrier Damage Done" or ”All Damage Done" statistics. However, since ”Hero Damage Done" and ”Barrier Damage Done" are brand new, their averages will only be based on time played since they were added.

does this mean on the whole damage thing when you tab shows what it should show? RIP padding dmg from rein shield lol.

DR2K

Banned
Bye Roadhog, you will not be missed.

I'll save this post for when Genji & Tracer become even more of a nuisance on console with no Roadhogs in the game.

Characters that counter them become more viable. Like Sombra and Symmetra for example. On top of the other tanks.

Top Bottom