• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

JWiLL

Banned
Will be interesting to see if McCree makes a legitimate comeback to the meta.

I don't see the current Tracer-Genji-Winston dive trend changing though, so although McCree can be a great Tracer counter, he gets absolutely demolished by that dive due to his only mobility being "roll slightly in that direction".

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
As a complete newb, I love playing as Mercy, she's been my main so far with over 4 hours of game time in just her. Could you explain why Ana or Zenyatta are better? I tried Ana today for the first time and I had a real hard time aiming her healing sniper rifle :/ Especially when moving and in actual combat, it's too hectic on console. Zenyatta seemed alright but wasn't all that fun to play as but I need to give him more time. His actual healing seemed inferior to Mercy unless you use the ult?
I think that at higher levels, everyone just aims better. A Mercy without a Pharah to keep her in the sky has has neither Lucio's mobility or Ana's sleep dart/dueling capability, so she dies quickly once 1-2 enemy players decide to go after her. At lower levels, this isn't such a big deal because a Mercy simply flying around is hard enough to hit that she might not die if she's attacked. At higher levels where people simply aim better, flying around on the ground to evade damage often isn't good enough. That's why you start only seeing Mercy if she has a Pharah that lets her stay in the air and hopefully somewhere hard to reach. Plus Pharah + damage boost is excellent, especially with a good Pharah.

Zen is indeed the weakest in terms of healing ability, but he's the "best defense is a good offense" healer. His main job is not to try to outheal incoming damage like Mercy or Ana, but his role is to provide some healing (which isn't blocked by barriers the way Ana's heals are) while helping to kill an enemy unit quickly with Discord orb + his own orbs. If he lands a kill, that turns a team fight into a 6v5 situation, and then you hopefully kill the enemy team before they kill you. A typical pro dive comp with Lucio + Zen healing can't sustain a lot of damage, so the strategy is to attack the other team and try to kill off key units before you take too much damage.

Will be interesting to see if McCree makes a legitimate comeback to the meta.

I don't see the current Tracer-Genji-Winston dive trend changing though, so although McCree can be a great Tracer counter, he gets absolutely demolished by that dive due to his only mobility being "roll slightly in that direction".

Well he's more a counter so long as Flashbang is up.

Without it the hitscan still helps but not as much as having the stun does.

That feeling when you put Overwatch into the console and find out you have to download a big ass patch before you can start playing.

Back to Nioh then I guess!

Wtf why is 6v6 elimantion gone. Wtf blizzard

What?! Nooooooooo, I like that shit. It's the only mode in Arcade I actually enjoy.

Ramirez

First game post patch, KOTH...solo Lucio heal, someone playing Summ, then a quitter in round 2 as we're about to win. Cancerous community.

benzopil

I know right? Getting rid of McCree, Mei and Winston - what were they thinking?

McCree countered Tracer during the first two months of Overwatch. After that Tracer players became smarter.

Winston lmao, Genji and Tracer eat him for breakfast, unless Genji is really out of position and doesn't have a dash.

Mei -- maybe, didn't see her for a long time.

Fugu

As a complete newb, I love playing as Mercy, she's been my main so far with over 4 hours of game time in just her. Could you explain why Ana or Zenyatta are better? I tried Ana today for the first time and I had a real hard time aiming her healing sniper rifle :/ Especially when moving and in actual combat, it's too hectic on console. Zenyatta seemed alright but wasn't all that fun to play as but I need to give him more time. His actual healing seemed inferior to Mercy unless you use the ult?
For what it's worth, on PC - nevermind consoles - Ana's win rate is only above 50% in GM and is pretty damn low anywhere south of 3500.

Ana is better on paper but the percentage of players actually utilizing her at a level where that advantage is relevant is very, very small and almost all players play the game at a level where Mercy has a better win rate than Ana. Ana is perhaps the most extreme example of how not relevant meta picks are to just about everyone.

Nimby

Banned
I doubt you'd see it catch on lol. He did it to prevent the zen from getting ult charge I believe, could be wrong. I highly doubt you'd see that in unorganized games.

I mean everyone watching is going to be like, "Cool time to make Zen's life even harder in QP"

That's how it makes me feel

Shouta

I like the new map. It feels a little more balanced compared to the other 2CP maps. It needs more low grav though.

RIP Roadhog though. He got hit hard.

McCree countered Tracer during the first two months of Overwatch. After that Tracer players became smarter.

Winston lmao, Genji and Tracer eat him for breakfast, unless Genji is really out of position and doesn't have a dash.

Mei -- maybe, didn't see her for a long time.
Look I hate the hog nerf too but lmfao at Winston not being a hard genji counter

HiiiLife

I hate really good Genji players. I hate the dexterity to keep up with their constant jumping. Bout to be a Mei main just so I can aim in his vicinity and still get hit markers.

Nimby

Banned
I like the new map. It feels a little more balanced compared to the other 2CP maps. It needs more low grav though.

RIP Roadhog though. He got hit hard.

Kinda hard to tell with the lack of teamwork, but in theory should be heavily attack favored unlike other 2CP maps.

Also, the sound glitches for me when you die in an airlock. Everything sounds anti-grav until you switch or die again.

Also I think it's because it's basically all indoors but graphically (the least of my concern but still) the map isn't that much of a looker compared to the others.

Wanderer5

6v6 Elimination mode? Was that added after the anniversary event ended? Damnnit, I should had looked at arcade the couple of times I was on since then. D:

Also Reaper feels a bit nicer now. Just kind of wish something could be done with his teleportation.

Measley

Just brought the game yesterday on PS4. Any tips for Pharrah? I really like the idea of flying around the map shooting rockets at people.

JHall

Roadhog is a barrier buster now. But then again if you need a barrier buster just pick Bastion, at least he can delete squishies that are out of position still.

Just brought the game yesterday on PS4. Any tips for Pharrah? I really like the idea of flying around the map shooting rockets at people.
Kill the healers. Then the hit scan. Use your concussive shot to be unpredictable and boop yourself. Certain characters can eliminate you very fast if you pop barrage (Pharah, Soldier, Bastion), make sure theyre not in your LOS or kill them first when Barraging. You can fly forever, practice around with spacing you're fuel and you're rocket jump.

Nimby

Banned
Blizzard really hate barriers don't they. I mean I think they're too much barriers, but they continue to want to make barriers weaker when the hero with the giant barrier is in his weakest state since launch.

If we wanna kill off Reinhardt so bad, let's bring back that Zen buff on PTR. Discord through barriers. I'd really love that
probably would hate it because Zen would be primary target every push

Guess I missed the gaf train by falling asleep. I'll be on in 1-2h. Can't wait to test the new hog to see if it's really that bad... hopefully not :'(

Soloq was okay last night, one of those " my team is good instead of hanzo" matchmakings.

Worst moment: I charged off a cliff trying to pin a mercy in hanamura defense A.
Best: quad kill Reaper ult and then I finished off hog, I am ready for tonight.

Video or it didn't happen.

The Reaper part I mean, I trust you with in the charge one.

First game post patch, KOTH...solo Lucio heal, someone playing Summ, then a quitter in round 2 as we're about to win. Cancerous community.

Sounds like my games, guess it's not that much different on american servers.

~300ms on NA right now. I think I'll play something else tonight.
I was having some issues earlier. Guessing Blizzard had some issues or something. Or could have been my ISP.

I'd recommend watching Valkia on Twitch. Things may be harder to do since you're playing on console but you'll get the idea.

Minamu

Thanks for all the healer posts, I learned a lot :) I found the Mercy Pharah combo on my own actually, thought I was being clever :lol Switching to Mercy have turned so many losses into victories so far. Gonna have to get back on the Zenyatta train though, sounds like fun now!

Top Bottom