• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I guess I'll just post the picture here because why not

HFPSBOQ60DZ81506636187520.jpg

If skins end up being the thing that makes Overwatch esports popular I'm gonna laugh, but hey it worked for CS:GO.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It's really disappointing that widows beach skin doesn't have the sunglasses silhouette over your vision when you activate ult. Instead it still assumes it's the visor.

poor mccree tried to block me (ana) from going to point. idk how he missed his shots after a stun. but i slept him. said my hello and threw a grenade when i was far enough before he woke up. then he tried to get back to point and i'm like are you really doing to do this again. he walked into the second sleep dart lol.

I guess I'll just post the picture here because why not

HFPSBOQ60DZ81506636187520.jpg

If skins end up being the thing that makes Overwatch esports popular I'm gonna laugh, but hey it worked for CS:GO.

I like the logo a lot.

I guess the skins will only be epic though judging by that one, with a recolor and logo on them.

Alucrid

Banned
San Francisco NRG has announced its final roster for Overwatch League. Here's a fun video introducing them all:

https://twitter.com/OverwatchSF/status/913510045257568257

I'll put the final roster here along with some history of the players

-Nomy
-Babybay
-IDDQD
-Danteh
-Sleepy
-dhaK

...until their other players come of age I think they will really struggle in the beginning. They have some good players though, and other players have said they've been good in scrims, so we'll see.

happy to see danteh, super and dhak get a spot in the league. when did harbleu get dropped from nrg? feels bad.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Guess this is what happens when you decide to take a break for damn near a year. Matchmaking is terrible and getting stomped by either prestige peeps or players with alts is no fun at all. lmao

Blues1990

First official Overwatch League team name has been revealed: Shanghai Dragons.

Logo and team skin(!) for Mei here

https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/news/21047518

I like the look of that logo a lot. Apparently the same guy made the logos for all the teams so I have pretty high hopes for that now.

I expect team skins for all heroes for all the teams. Maybe the teams will use them as uniforms in-game instead of the default skins to help differentiate the teams. At the very least, these will get A LOT more people interested in OWL. It also shouldn't be hard to design, as they're Epic Skins that have the logo and colors on the default hero model.

Speaking of which, I'm diggin' Mei's skin. Hope it's unlockable in some capacity.

happy to see danteh, super and dhak get a spot in the league. when did harbleu get dropped from nrg? feels bad.

He claimed he "stepped down" from the roster back in early August I think.

It's pretty likely he would have been cut anyway considering the only relevant hero he could play at a high level was Zarya and even than she wasn't super common. There was probably a mutual agreement there.

He's apparently had a few teams reach out to him to tryout for their OWL teams but he said he doesn't want to go through the whole tryout process so he's just focusing on his stream right now. I don't think you will see him in season 1 but you will probably see him on a Contenders team in the future, he can afford to wait a while if he wants with how popular his stream is.

I think you're right about the recolors, it should help with spectating too as each team will have their own skin set they can use.

I assumed only Mei would get a skin in that team, like each team would choose a character to serve as a "mascot" or something like that.

Are you saying there's a possibility that all the characters in the game will get a skin from each team, so they can also use them on tournaments instead of the regulars?

That would be pretty cool.

I assumed only Mei would get a skin in that team, like each team would choose a character to serve as a "mascot" or something like that.

Are you saying there's a possibility that all the characters in the game will get a skin from each team, so they can also use them on tournaments instead of the regulars?

That would be pretty cool.

I think it's possible you are right, but it makes so much sense for each team to get their own skin set so each team has their own colors for official matches it has to happen.

AngryMoth

It's so crazy to me to see these 8 figure investments in OWL teams. Don't get me wrong because I really enjoy watching the pro scene, but with the current interest level and stream numbers it's wild to see so much money been thrown around. Like, even if they pulled in 100k viewers every week on twitch for 5 years is that big enough to recoup the $240 million investors spent on the franchise spots alone? I hope i'm wrong but imo there's a big chance the league is a huge failure.

exYle

I think it's possible you are right, but it makes so much sense for each team to get their own skin set so each team has their own colors for official matches it has to happen.

How active are you on r/COW? I swear I see your name in every comment thread

It's so crazy to me to see these 8 figure investments in OWL teams. Don't get me wrong because I really enjoy watching the pro scene, but with the current interest level and stream numbers it's wild to see so much money been thrown around. Like, even if they pulled in 100k viewers every week on twitch for 5 years is that big enough to recoup the $240 million investors spent on the franchise spots alone? I hope i'm wrong but imo there's a big chance the league is a huge failure.

The short answer is that these teams are going to be able to make money through ways other than viewership.

The easiest example being that teams get 50% of all cosmetic earnings for their team's skins.

How active are you on r/COW? I swear I see your name in every comment thread

Lol I check it multiple times a day nowadays with all the news. It helps that I follow a few people on Twitter who will tweet out news for competitive Overwatch so I'm generally always in the loop. How much I end up posting there though depends on the day and how much time I got.

If you look really hard you can find me in Twitch chat for Overwatch streams sometimes too haha

exYle

Lol I check it multiple times a day nowadays with all the news. It helps that I follow a few people on Twitter who will tweet out news for competitive Overwatch so I'm generally always in the loop. How much I end up posting there though depends on the day and how much time I got.

If you look really hard you can find me in Twitch chat for Overwatch streams sometimes too haha

Hell no I ain't checking names in a Twitch stream that's a nightmare

Your name will drown under the pogchamps and Moon subs

Owzers

Latesoloqwatch was a disaster, I reported a duo, one guy started the game by picking hanzo and saying annoying things in a strange voice. Game was trash. Boooo overwatch.

I went from not wanting to report people after a game to reporting them quickly during the game while I remember their name.

Sifl

Where's the secret quick play mode where I don't get matched up against masters/grandmasters stacking while running actual comps?

randome

Made a minor comeback on my previous losses tonight. It shouldn’t be called soloQ, it should be called getluckyenoughtobepairedwithpeoplewhoarecurrentlydoingdecentQ.

Latesoloqwatch was a disaster, I reported a duo, one guy started the game by picking hanzo and saying annoying things in a strange voice. Game was trash. Boooo overwatch.

I went from not wanting to report people after a game to reporting them quickly during the game while I remember their name.

Telling ya bro things are mighty nice on PC.

Actually they aren't but the silver lining is I am no longer a Mercy main and now a flex. Maybe one day Ill be as good as your Rein. Which probably was today.

Sec0nd

Picked up McCree again. Haven't really played him since he was the killer sniper he was in S1 or S2ish.

The man is a beast once again. They haven't really buffed him apart from his ult right? For some reason he seems insanely strong again. Been hitting a lot of headshots helps. It might be the lack of barriers that is helping him. And his ultimate is really useful against the Mercy ult.

holysan

Wow that NRG roster is really nothing to get excited about. Won't touch the Korean teams and also no chance against Envy and Misfits imo

TwoEasy‏
@TwoEasyOW
Replying to @SeamooseA
I can create a team with more talent with current F/As

seems kinda right

Wow that NRG roster is really nothing to get excited about. Won't touch the Korean teams and also no chance against Envy and Misfits imo

TwoEasy‏
@TwoEasyOW
Replying to @SeamooseA

seems kinda right

Damn toxic (he might be right though).

I don't even think TwoEasy has gotten a tryout for a team though so there is some easy clapbacks there.

AbaFadi

Banned

TwoEasy‏
@TwoEasyOW
Replying to @SeamooseA

seems kinda right

TwoEasy isn't even that good himself.

snack

Are voice commands disabled in quick play? I haven’t played that mode in months, and it didn’t seem to let me use any of the commands.

Top Bottom