• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Thoughts on this, please?

https://plays.tv/s/LRu38dqUt_SX

A friend of mine says there was a bug where Tracer got headshot, but she rewinded and got the arrow to me.

I'm just... I don't know. The whole scene confuses me.

That was a bodyshot on the Tracer with the sonic arrow, she then blinked into you, jumped over your position and recalled leading the arrow to drop in your head instakilling you.

The sonic arrow doesn't disappear, it gets stuck on something, and if that something disappears it falls down. I've seen that happen with Rein shield and Zarya bubble, Tracer recall it's a first.

How to instantly tell who is an dumbass

The guy who goes Widow to counter the enemies Widow instead of picking literally almost any other character

How to instantly tell who is an dumbass

The guy who goes Widow to counter the enemies Widow instead of picking literally almost any other character

IN HIS DEFENSE:

Counterpicking Widow used to be a strategy back when Widow was meta. The best way to take her down was just to be a better Widow yourself. That requires you to actually be good at Widow though, which it doesn't seem like this guy was.

Chance

That was a bodyshot on the Tracer with the sonic arrow, she then blinked into you, jumped over your position and recalled leading the arrow to drop in your head instakilling you.

The sonic arrow doesn't disappear, it gets stuck on something, and if that something disappears it falls down. I've seen that happen with Rein shield and Zarya bubble, Tracer recall it's a first.

Nailed it.

IN HIS DEFENSE:

Counterpicking Widow used to be a strategy back when Widow was meta. The best way to take her down was just to be a better Widow yourself. That requires you to actually be good at Widow though, which it doesn't seem like this guy was.

Usually the Widow steamrolling us tends to be some Top 500 Mouse and Keyboard level player, while our Widow can't even headshot a Roadhog who is taunting.

Not to mention it almost always seems to be a triggered healer or tank player swapping as opposed to one of the DPS who should be dealing with it.

Valahart

Am I just an awful Genji player or is the current meta just way too spongey for him to be effective?

I've been training a lot as Genji lately, mostly on Deathmatch, I've been doing just fine on the 1x1. Whenever I change to competitive mode though... I can't do anything. I deal a lot of damage, nobody dies, when someone dies the freaking Mercy is right there to rezz it.

My participation on the matches are always kill the Mercy and die or die trying to. It's so annoying. Can't wait for her to get nerfed.

Skii

Am I just an awful Genji player or is the current meta just way too spongey for him to be effective?

I've been training a lot as Genji lately, mostly on Deathmatch, I've been doing just fine on the 1x1. Whenever I change to competitive mode though... I can't do anything. I deal a lot of damage, nobody dies, when someone dies the freaking Mercy is right there to rezz it.

My participation on the matches are always kill the Mercy and die or die trying to. It's so annoying. Can't wait for her to get nerfed.

Genji is one of the worst heroes at the moment. He just loses so many battles with the current meta heroes. He cant do anything to Winston and Roadhog. And as you mentioned, Mercy is completely nullifying the flanker's ability to get picks. He'll probably need a buff soon.

exYle

Genji is one of the worst heroes at the moment. He just loses so many battles with the current meta heroes. He cant do anything to Winston and Roadhog. And as you mentioned, Mercy is completely nullifying the flanker's ability to get picks. He'll probably need a buff soon.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIB 8-SEC DRAGONBLADE

Nepenthe

My sick 3 widow headshot doesn't get potg but reapers crappy drop-off-a-ledge into an ult does, huh. The potg system is so boring.

Please. I'm over here out-healing and out-objective'ing our Mercy half the time and she gets a card and a bunch of praise before I do.

Even in Utopic Overwatch Land, black men workin' twice as hard for half as much.

Nepenthe

Who cares about cards? That has to be the most worthless reward system of all time.

The point is even when I'm rocking more gold than Michael Phelps, I can't even get that shitty little consolation over a damn Mercy, nevermind a Play of the Game, unless I position myself to boop people off and get lucky to get two or more idiots who forget to position themselves against obvious set ups.

Also, I care about cards. RECOGNIZE MY WORK, YOU DPS NERDS.

randome

Holy hell what’s the fuckin dropout and reconnect period? A guy on the opposite team left for about 5-6 minutes and came back.

Chance

Who cares about cards? That has to be the most worthless reward system of all time.

I love cards... I like getting recognised for elims or killstreaks on Tracer, and fire or healing or rezzes on Mercy. Makes me feel good ^.^

...even when I'm rocking more gold than Michael Phelps, I can't even get that shitty little consolation over a damn Mercy

Also, I care about cards. RECOGNIZE MY WORK, YOU DPS NERDS.
gxDX1io.png

randome

If YOURE GONNA CHOOSE MERCY ACTUALLY FUCKING HEAL YOUR TANKS bitch. I don’t understand how you can just not heal, even once, a stationary orisa. I don’t want continual shitty rezzes.

If YOURE GONNA CHOOSE MERCY ACTUALLY FUCKING HEAL YOUR TANKS bitch. I don't understand how you can just not heal, even once, a stationary orisa. I don't want continual shitty rezzes.

theres always the few dmg boosting mercy.

i played 2 games where i picked zen just to let the mercy players play mercy but those 2 games i wanted to just jump off the cliff. there was one who just stood still on point to die to reaper ult. she didn't disconnect because when i spawned she was outside the spawn point and stood there to lose.

Blues1990

No I think there was a lucio. Holy fucking hell tonight people are so so bad I just don't get it. I've already had two leavers. I don't want to play alone anymore but none of my (3) friends are on lol.

This isn't directed at you, but it can dive me up the wall when the other healers barely get noticed (if at all). Especially during moments when they pull off clutch saves and that credit is distrusted to someone else that had no involvement.

*Use Sound Barrier to neutralize D.Va Bomb and save team to win the match*

Player 1: "God, that D.Va bomb could've wipped us out."

Player 2: "Thank you for saving us, Mercy."

Me (as Lucio):

latest

How? Sound Barrier gives an extra 500 HP. D.Va Bomb does 1000 HP worth of damage. Some tanks can survive it if they're at full health, but otherwise everyone dies to it.

It has 20m radius, it's not 1000dmg in all that range.

I remember one time when I survived with less than 10hp o_o

Nepenthe

Is recording borked for anyone else? It stays on the "Loading Highlight" screen, even if it supposedly fully loads.

Edit: "Have you tried turning it off then on again?" I did. And it fixed it.

Anyone else stopped taking comp seriously? It feels interchangeable with qp these days. Anecdotal but ppl I keep getting paired with typically sound like they're not even trying to win anymore.

I-hate-u

iczvjgk3syoz.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/73dg7b/how_has_mercy_not_been_nerfed_yet/

Mercy hard nerf when? As an Ana player, this post patch week sucks. You can't not run Mercy when the other team does. Her tempo Rezs are far too valuable not to have, and all it does is prologue fights. The pros are already complaining about her in scrims, and are warning us of what's gonna happen when tournaments are played on the latest patch.

Either remove rez as a mechanic completely, or give Ana her second eye to keep up with Mercy.

Yeah, it's much better than Tracer's. The magnetic arm is stupid tho. Just why, Blizzard?

a lil model glue will fix that. I didn't have much problems with the tracer statue at least for the later version that I have. I did some touch ups on Reaper tho, like his arms & mask.
gonna start painting the 76 statue soon.

Blues1990

How? Sound Barrier gives an extra 500 HP. D.Va Bomb does 1000 HP worth of damage. Some tanks can survive it if they're at full health, but otherwise everyone dies to it.

Stop going off-topic. My original point still stands, with regards to when your teammates will barely acknowledge when a healer saves them or pulls off a clutch play. And with Mercy where she is, it almost feels like the others are falling into her shadow.

accx

Wow that NRG roster is really nothing to get excited about. Won't touch the Korean teams and also no chance against Envy and Misfits imo

TwoEasy‏
@TwoEasyOW
Replying to @SeamooseA
I can create a team with more talent with current F/As

seems kinda right

TwoEasy is the last "pro" player anyone should listen to. Hell, does he even have a team anymore. Terrible person and player.

But yea, the NRG roster has some of the best western players (in comp), but i feel like they have zero synergy with each other.
Isn't danteh like super toxic? I know babybay is and looks like that was one of the reasons harb left (he really doesn't like babybay).
And here i was hoping that NRG was going to go back to the mixup^/notEnigma glory days with some tweaks.
I wonder where harb will end up. I feel like he's one of the best players in NA and his attitude is super refreshing in this sea of toxicity.
I really just want harb and seagull on the same team again :(

Stop going off-topic. My original point still stands, with regards to when your teammates will barely acknowledge when a healer saves them or pulls off a clutch play. And with Mercy where she is, it almost feels like the others are falling into her shadow.

Your point stands. Next time use an example of a good player making good plays.

leng jai

Was climbing all week until the Friday. Since the weekend end started I'm on a 10 match losing streak and down 200SR and back to where I started again. Useless.

Nepenthe

Nothing more satisfying than shooting a Junkrat down, and then literally turning around to kill an ulting Roadhog.

Back to the actual pit of Hell from whence both of you came.
Especially you Junkrat, you fuck.

EDIT: Just backfilled immediately into a loss. However, the paltry exp. was enough to get me a lootbox. Things can sometimes manage to work out.

EDIT2: Got these nice congratulatory messages from an enemy Mercy.

UhgAXNm.png

Yeeees.

This is true with that 8 sec. CD.

However, I think she falls apart once teams start attacking as cohesive whole even a little bit.

Orisa is simple. Walk through her shield and attack. If you bum rush through the shield, half of her kit is useless. her shield regenerates so fast that you don't want to get into a who can destroy who's barriers faster, because she wins that battle now.

rulerk1

I'm really starting to hate Orisa, she's in every game and it feels like her shield is up 24/7.

lol i was gonna make a post about her. yeah it can be pretty annoying sometimes trying to 1v1 her if she is in a corner. God forbid she gets pocketed during any of it. But the barrier is nice i guess especially for torb shenanigans lol. Idk she needs a new ult tbh

Top Bottom