• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Veelk

Banned
Comp was cancer acid today. Lost 5 games, 100 points, and if I don't win this next one, I'm basically done until the next round of patches rolls out because I hate this season.

Why the fuck do I always have to go up against the team that knows Mercy + second healer is the strongest possible combination in the game right now? All my games either had single healer mercy or had a healer/healers other than mercy. Who also rezes me while I'm literally surrounded by the entire team.

Nepenthe

Heavy Weapons Guy never got this much fanservice

Heh, true. But the Tracer iconography around the game's menus and things doesn't bother me that much.

Granted, the amount of good skins she has does, although that may be because her fans insist on demanding more of them immediately, as if we don't have situations like poor Zarya running about with little redeeming to wear.

Blues1990

To be fair, Tracer is the game's mascot. Expect her to get the most representation.

Goddammit, Lucio needs a fuckin' graffiti/masked rebel skin.

Also, I want to thank a MrSerious for giving me one of the funniest shutdowns in recent memory.

With regards to Lucio, his default outfit makes him a shoe-in with the JGR/JSRF cast (or HOVER: Revolt of Gamers). Hell, his whole character is a big love letter to that SEGA franchise.

If anything, it feels like Tracer's Graffiti Legendary is a complement to Lucio's default. Just give her some skates, then she'll "try can catch a butterfly."

Then again, this is what Lucio could've been at one point:

DBuu8sDWAAAkxs-.jpg

Veelk

Banned
Okay. I'm at the point where I've decided that the previous, hide and seek mercy was way, way, way better. She wasn't good and it's an overall positive to have her be more active. But I hate the rez coming in every 30 seconds.

This is fucking awful. Teamfights go on forever and cancer comp has just been dialed the fuck up because now they never goddamn die. Either either rez or teleport and there they are again.

I've lowered the frequency with how I play before due to patches I didn't like, but I've never wanted to straight up drop the game until something is changed like I do now. It's that bad for me.

Blues1990

Okay. I'm at the point where I've decided that the previous, hide and seek mercy was way, way, way better. She wasn't good and it's an overall positive to have her be more active. But I hate the rez coming in every 30 seconds.

This is fucking awful. Teamfights go on forever and cancer comp has just been dialed the fuck up because now they never goddamn die. Either either rez or teleport and there they are again.

I've lowered the frequency with how I play before due to patches I didn't like, but I've never wanted to straight up drop the game until something is changed like I do now. It's that bad for me.

In this case, I honestly don't know how they can adjust it without borking Mercy. Mercy's current playtime appears to contradict Blizzard's goal of not allowing any hero to feel like a requirement, as at this point, she brings so much more to the team than Ana.

Veelk

Banned
In this case, I honestly don't know how they can adjust it without borking Mercy. Mercy's current playtime appears to contradict Blizzard's goal of not allowing any hero to feel like a requirement, as at this point, she brings so much more to the team than Ana.

Well, for one, they can nerf her frankly ridiculous 40 HP regen a second if she doesn't take damage for 1 second. Maybe make it so she has to watch the Gaurdian angel cooldown.

Both of these abiltiies are the way they were because she did nothing but heal and damage boost. I remember her healing was a necessary aspect because otherwise she just died to whoever flanked her. But with an ability as powerful as Rez as she has now, plus her Valkyrie, she can stand to be a bit more frail in her normal form. Taking her out needs to be way easier than it currently is.

This is like the inverse of Roadhog, where they forgot that his breather ability was only like that because of the power of his hook. Once they nerfed the hook, breather had to be changed in turn, because it does nothing for a Hog that can't close out the kill. A 30 second rez MIGHT work, but when she can fucking regen her health while bouncing all over the map.

Mercy's need to fear for their lives when they extend to rez and ally because they're making a high reward play, so the risk should be high as well. Instead, they only really die when they make truly epically stupid rezes.

Her ult healing/dmg boost becoming a destroy-able totem instead of an aura would be an interesting nerf.

That and the obvious increase the Rez cd, at least when ulting.

Chance

I feel like Valkyrie has just made Mercy kind of... More of what she was before: survivable, versatile and the enemy you want to make sure is dead first.

How do they keep missing the mark by so much?

Because Blizzard thinks they're making a casual MOBA and not a competitive FPS.

The game is much more enjoyable and balance decisions are much less mind-boggling if you treat it as Heroes of the Storm 2 and not Team Fortress 3.

TrueBlue

At the risk of sounding snide, this might be the best thing for you going off most of your posts in this thread. This game seems to make you miserable more than anything. Maybe a break will do some good.

Veelk

Banned
At the risk of sounding snide, this might be the best thing for you going off most of your posts in this thread. This game seems to make you miserable more than anything. Maybe a break will do some good.

Really? I don't think I've posted THAT many negative posts. It's really only recently that the game hasn't been as good. I know a lot are me complaining, but they're mostly in humor. It's just this last streak that's been rough.

But a break sounds good, at least until the next patch. I'm not a fan of this mercy but once she's been adjusted, I'm sure it'll go back to normal.

leng jai

Really? I don't think I've posted THAT many negative posts. It's really only recently that the game hasn't been as good. I know a lot are me complaining, but they're mostly in humor. It's just this last streak that's been rough.

But a break sounds good, at least until the next patch. I'm not a fan of this mercy but once she's been adjusted, I'm sure it'll go back to normal.

Most of your posts here are pretty ragey man. Then again so are mine, but apparently I started playing the game as soon as everything started going to shit.

TrueBlue

Admittedly I lurk more than I post, so it might be that I've just caught the wrong vibe from you more than anything.

But yeah, the next patch shouldn't be too far away anyway. Might even get it when the Halloween event drops.

Veelk

Banned
Right. Well, I'm a complainer most of the time, so it might be more my personality than anything else.

A bad game might have me make a post complaining about it, and it's not disingenuous as I might be legitimately peeved at the time, but then I have a good game that balances things out. I just don't post about my good games more often than not, and maybe I should. But for the most part, Overwatch is pretty good an I enjoy my sessions for the most part. Sorry if I haven't made that clear.

I just happen to be coming off a bad session and not liking the new Mercy mechanic the more I play with it (or rather, the more other people play it). So right now, I wasn't having a great time. But I just played one game earlier and I threw a D.Va bomb. It was going to be blocked by a Rein Shield, except our Lucio came and booped him away, letting me get some kills with it. That was fun, and hopefully I get more of that.

MCD

I had to move this weekend and in my new flat I’m too close to my tv and it has utterly destroyed my aim in Overwatch 🤡

That's why I bought a monitor here in my new flat instead of a TV. Fast response and fantastic image quality.

It's this one: LG 27UD68P 27" 4K UHD IPS Monitor (3840x2160, 2x HDMI, DP, Height Adjust, Pivot) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D7OZR2G/

https://imgrpost.com/image/vJDpN

Works perfect for consoles and PC.

Must study one of these days though hahahaha.

That's why I bought a monitor here in my new flat instead of a TV. Fast response and fantastic image quality.

It's this one: LG 27UD68P 27" 4K UHD IPS Monitor (3840x2160, 2x HDMI, DP, Height Adjust, Pivot) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D7OZR2G/

https://imgrpost.com/image/vJDpN

Works perfect for consoles and PC.

Must study one of these days though hahahaha.
Oh I have a monitor too :) and my TV has pretty good display lag (22ms~ in game mode). I think it was just the fact that I was sitting closer made the screen bigger which was disorienting. :p

That’s a sweet set up tho!

holysan

I think I won't play support until Jeff makes Ana the strongest healer once again. Heroes with the highest skillcap in their category shouldn't be the least rewarding or even worst, like Ana is right now. 64 hours on her btw

MCD

Oh I have a monitor too :) and my TV has pretty good display lag (22ms~ in game mode). I think it was just the fact that I was sitting closer made the screen bigger which was disorienting. :p

That’s a sweet set up tho!

Thanks.

For me the biggest hurdle was using a headset. I had one of those Kingston (Stinger I think?) headset and I hated how hollow my voice and I couldn't use it for more than an hour. Not to mention coming from a 5.1 setup to headset left fucked in almost all games.

I had to buy one if the new Turtle Beach Stealth for Xbox (the 600) because if I am gonna live with a headset might as well do it with no wires. Took me at least three days for me to adjust to it because at first my head kept exploding lol.

Now it's perfect. I had to gamble with those because if you look at the reviews you will see how everyone complains about disconnects and noise in the left ear cup. No disconnects whatsoever after uodating the firmware but the noise still there sadly. You can't hear it in-game only while in the dashboard or with no sound playing.

I will be honest. I am doing so better with a monitor setup than my TV back at home. Even though it's a big ass 65 inch KS8500 I still find this monitor so much better.

Tl;dr shit took me awhile to get comfy but now I am more than happy with my setup.

I had my worst competitive night ever yesterday. It was loss after loss, with only one draw. Nobody was focused on the objective, everyone was scattered, and everyone wanted to go dps. I ended up having to switch to Mercy so many times because nobody else would go support.

I wish there was an option to turn off/hide rank and numbers cause their exclusionary existence only serves to piss me off now. I'd feel less demoralized if I didn't have to see all those deflating numbers in my face all the time and just enjoy comp on a game to game basis.

randome

Yeah I’m pretty sure I’m mostly done with this game. I think I’ve just played too much and burnt myself out. It’s regrettable I wasn’t good enough to get to diamond but I realized that I’m just not having fun and wasting a lot of time. I’ve learned that relying on people will just set you up for disappointment lol.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm mostly done with this game. I think I've just played too much and burnt myself out. It's regrettable I wasn't good enough to get to diamond but I realized that I'm just not having fun and wasting a lot of time. I've learned that relying on people will just set you up for disappointment lol.

That's why I've moved onto Fortnite. Nobody to blame in that game but me lol. And I'm with you, I hate being handicapped by other people. I did my absolute best in Team Death Match and Solo Death Match, but those modes aren't fun enough to keep me engaged for long.

they need to increase the radius of res. Valkyrie on i GA on my teammate and tap the shit out of E but fucking missed it.. then trying to circle around it to find the icon is annoying

Nimby

Banned
they need to increase the radius of res. Valkyrie on i GA on my teammate and tap the shit out of E but fucking missed it.. then trying to circle around it to find the icon is annoying

In all the midst of Mercy complainers, no one will realize how clunky her res feels right now. I'm not entirely sure, but it feels like you have to be in direct LoS to res someone, versus harmony or Lucio auras healing people behind them. It feels like Mercy has to look at the dead person to revive them and it trips me up all the time.

I also think the range is too restrictive, it probably should be 5m but I don't want to walk back a tiny bit and not be able to res the person, so some leniency would be nice.

Yeah, she is way too strong right now. But I honestly don't think it's terrible, it's kinda refreshing. For the first time in the games history you don't have Lucio ran 95% of the time in pro tournaments.

EDIT: And yes, I realize Mercy's pickrate in the actual game is close to 100% (99.6% in masters/gm). I'm guessing the easiest fix for Mercy is 45 second res, then 60 if it's still broken. When I suggested res as her E, I figured you would have to hold it for a certain amount of time to actually revive someone, like many other shooters do. So there's that too. Ana needs like 70-75 damage, 75 so she can two shot Tracer.

second time on junktertown.

1 minute vs over 4 minutes for them.

we managed to get like 2 1/2 point.

we had a good hold through the match.

ended with 31 res. 28% of player's death.
i always manage to have valkyrie when genji ults. he must be upset lol

flanking pharah was an annoyance. had a few seconds left on Valkyrie so i went after pharah.

mollipen

Mercy's need to fear for their lives when they extend to rez and ally because they're making a high reward play, so the risk should be high as well.

I already do? It's super easy to get into plenty of situations where Mercy's self healing is absolutely worthless unless you just abandon your team, and with the new res distance every time I want to bring someone back it's terrifying.

In all the midst of Mercy complainers, no one will realize how clunky her res feels right now.

It's seriously, seriously terrible. I feel like I'm back in my first hour of playin Overwatch every time I try to res now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like 'nothing matters more than killing the mercy' getting even worse isn't fun for either the person killing the mercy or the mercy player

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Get rid of Rez, it has always been a shit ability. Replace it with something similar to Zarya's bubble or like 2 - 3second invic shield. On a 5x long cooldown.

There is a reason why DOTA or League(When I played) does not have a rez skill tied to any character. Any sort of rez has to be done preemptive. Hell, maybe that could be it. Turn it into Rez once dead, cast it on a character prior to death and wings appear over them for 5 seconds. Character will rez after 3 seconds with 30% health.

Is it national run Bastion week in Diamond rank? I have seen more cheesy Bastion comps this week than I have in total since like Season 2 or 3.

Nepenthe

Story Time with Lucio. I finally had that moment of dumb fun where everyone remembers that we're all humans playing a silly game (except Asshole Hanzo.)

It was a normal attack match on Numbani, except our Bastion wasn't doing anything except trolling and saying hello. Despite being down one team mate, we unlocked the payload and got it moving. A bit after the bus on the corner, the match just stopped; only me and an enemy Roadhog and Mei were fighting for the objective.

So I'm wondering "Where the fuck is the team at?" I go back, partly to not die, and I see everyone is just hanging out with Troll Bastion on the previous point. I say "Why the fuck not?" and join in a bit.

We were all willing to throw the match away just to be idiots, and I would've let it. Why waste such a cool moment of randomness? Then Asshole Hanzo decided to be a prick and Dragon'd us to death. I tried to Sound Barrier us but was too slow. He nearly got a team wipe off of that shit.

So we all got angry, went in, and won the game, with two bouts of Overtime. Just complete cooperation, coordination, and destruction from a little before the second checkpoint all the way to the end.

I love this fucking game sometimes. Thanks to all of the goobers who made that happen. xD

Top Bottom