• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

It's really odd to me that this game is so popular, but the competitive scene seems so small. Why is the venue so small? Why are there so many empty seats? So confusing

Oh well, let's go NV

Pooya

Why no match EU vs NA winner match in the end? That's lame.

It's really odd to me that this game is so popular, but the competitive scene seems so small. Why is the venue so small? Why are there so many empty seats? So confusing

Oh well, let's go NV

Casual game does that. OWL is probably not going to be that bigger. The playerbase doesn't care about esport. They'd rather just goof around with torb and symmetra instead.

Casual game does that. OWL is probably not going to be that bigger. The playerbase doesn't care about esport. They'd rather just goof around with torb and symmetra instead.

This makes me sad

you should see the halo venues
I watch Halo too, and their league usually has the same size venues (aside from that awful world championship). Which is odd, because OW is way bigger

Oh well, let's go NV

Blizzard needs to actually promote their esport for a start.

It will be better once Blizzard takes things more seriously when OWL starts, trust me.

Blues1990

Well, I probably play too much and I always tell myself that I’m gonna eventually get what I want in a loot box lol. Never seems to happen though. I just keep getting dupes.

I purposely saved some of of the Legendary skins, so that it can be a nice surprise if I get them on a random loot box.

I'm all set for the Halloween event. At the end of the summer event I spent the bulk of my coins on getting the last, remaining regular legendaries I didn't have. Now I'm guaranteed to get only event legendaries from boxes, and I've got a little over 7k coins still in stock.

I have saved up about 8K, so I'm good to go for Tuesday. I'm seriously tempted to get McCree's new skin, but I'm holding off if I get it in one of the Arcade loot boxes.

exYle

Tie lootboxes to watching OWL and watch viewership skyrocket

Syf

Banned
idk it's been hard to gauge whether ow will be a popular esport because of all the uncertainty in the scene. Remember reading about teams folding because of lack of info from Blizz. With all the cash invested I'm sure there will be a huge marketing push and maybe something in game sometime between blizzcon and the league start. They're gonna make sure everyone knows about it. Don't think anything we've seen so far can be taken as a good indicator of how owl will do

Thing is though as a guy who's followed Blizzard's games for years, I don't have faith they will do a good job managing it (what's going on right now in contenders being a fine little example)

Pooya

just keep picking your best map again and again. nice rule Blizzard. who even cares about other map, practice 3 maps you're good...

When the crowd is roasting your rules then you've fucked up.

56adc75ca8e9dec749a5e0f2ab9fac98.jpg

GIGANTTI WINS HYPE. Linkzr is a god and I really hope an OWL team signed him.

The rules for this whole tournament have been really dumb though.

antitrop

Not sure if I agree with benching Mickie for Seagull

They bring Seagull in for the Pharamercy on KOTH and then put Mickie back in for other game types.

That's super predictable, though, and doesn't really go along with their idea of Seagull being a wild card. So I don't know how long that pattern will last, but it's what they're doing right now.

IHaveIce

Banned
They bring Seagull in for the Pharamercy on KOTH and then put Mickie back in for other game types.

That's super predictable, though, and doesn't really go along with their idea of Seagull being a wild card. So I don't know how long that pattern will last, but it's what they're doing right now.

His Phara Ults are absolute garbage right now lmao

But they needed a Pharah and Seagull has shown he is more then capable for that role, plus not sure how much practice they've had with other lineups or if he only stuck with Pharah in practice for this final.

Taimou looks a bit off today.

Edit: Taimou woke up.

It's a lot safer for Contenders.

It will change for OWL when you can switch players in and out on a per map basis.

That zen trascendence saving the winston was game changer. I wonder if envyus failed to focus on winston well enough, he had like one tick.

Wish they would've focused more on Carpe, he was getting a lot of finishing blows. Effect was dying first very frequently.

I-hate-u

I can't watch the video, but is he really doing that bad?

No his performance matched his Envyus squad with an surprisingly great D.Va, and the tried and true Pharah, Zarya and Junky.

All of Envyus are equally great and that's why they're the best. They all have highlight worthy moments this weekend.

Time for the all star match, and then that's it for Contenders S1.

RIP Faze, I hope all the players made it to OWL cause it seems like they had to deal with some contract BS.

For those wondering what the future of Overwatch tournaments is we have the international competition APAC happening mid-October and then the World Cup is at Blizzcon.

We're gonna get a lotttttt of roster news and team reveals for OWL this week too, so be prepared for that (and the player salt that will follow).

Alucrid

Banned
Time for the all star match, and then that's it for Contenders S1.

RIP Faze, I hope all the players made it to OWL cause it seems like they had to deal with some contract BS.

For those wondering what the future of Overwatch tournaments is we have the international competition APAC happening mid-October and then the World Cup is at Blizzcon.

We're gonna get a lotttttt of roster news and team reveals for OWL this week too, so be prepared for that (and the player salt that will follow).

normal player salt or pro player salt?

Top Bottom