• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost 2% win-rate over the past three days. Had a huge losing streak yesterday, went 0-5 today. Haven't been losing to anything dumb like poor comps, and it seems like my team always tries. Always just severely outplayed. Sadly, none of these matches have even been close either. We're talking 2-5 minutes/2 round shutouts pretty much each time too.

You know one thing about this game that I really like that doesn't get enough attention?

It's a modern AAA multiplatform release where there aren't massive threads about bugs, performance problems, locked frame rates, or unsupported configurations. Even the server stuff went really smoothly after only about 30 minutes, and I haven't heard of any problems since.

Great work, Blizzard.

MartyStu

Won a game with a Mercy (me), 2x Zenyatta, 2x Reinhardt, and a S76. Didn't start that way other than me as Mercy but that comp got the payload moving midway through and took us to the end. I was surprised at how well it worked.

Zenyatta is a monster when his job is to kill fools and S76 is an old reliable.

With the Reinhardts as cover, I definitely see how it works.

Not to mention that 4/6 people can heal.

Sifl

Just played the worst game of Overwatch in the history of Overwatch, I think. Like, it wouldn't have gone any faster for the opposing attackers if we'd just gone afk for the whole match, it was that bad. Feels so goddamned bad, man.
Yea, I've been running into ridiculous lopsided matches too. I'm getting frustrated, but the Witcher expansion just came out so its the perfect time for me to take a break. Maybe all these people will be gone when I finish the Witcher
lolno

Lost 2% win-rate over the past three days. Had a huge losing streak yesterday, went 0-5 today. Haven't been losing to anything dumb like poor comps, and it seems like my team always tries. Always just severely outplayed. Sadly, none of these matches have even been close either. We're talking 2-5 minutes/2 round shutouts pretty much each time too.
I feel like if you win a bunch then the matchmaking will stack you in the enemies favor, it's the same bullshit halo does to try and balance your win loss but all its doing is forcing a loss on you that you can hardly control

When you get on a good team with people playing complementary roles to one another and working together there is nothing better. So much fun even when we don't win.

We were having a lot of success with Lucio and Mercy being played at the same time. It was ridiculously effective.

I've been having a blast with this game. The only issue I'm running into is that I'm more or less forced into healing roles because everyone wants to be bastion. Oh well, Lucio is great.

Demoskinos

20 Kill streak and 22.5k Damage. Hnnnngh. I think i'm in love with S76.

13344583_984047468337997_3676341564295654523_n.jpg

Has Blizzard said much about how often they'll be adding more AI bots? I want to try out some counter characters without dragging down a team of real people (well, moreso than I do already).

Speely

Banned
Just played the worst game of Overwatch in the history of Overwatch, I think. Like, it wouldn't have gone any faster for the opposing attackers if we'd just gone afk for the whole match, it was that bad. Feels so goddamned bad, man.

Welcometooverwatch.gif

I feel so bad when I res someone as Mercy and immediately realize they're just going to get destroyed.

it's the twitch rez. i do it by accident and see like 5 enemies just surrounding them reading to ult on them lol

was playing payload. i knew i should have went and looked for the second teleporter. they had 2 mei's basically contesting the payload so other team would get back quick.

You know, I think Reinhardt MIGHT be my favorite character to play as now. He's just so damn useful in so many situations, and so damn fun to play as. Plus I got his Blackhardt skin now, which is super awesome.

Here's a quad-kill I got with him last night, right at the end of the game, helping to allow us to deliver the payload and win the game. I posted this video earlier in the thread, but it was really late at night/super early in the morning, so here it is again.

https://youtu.be/cMn5iwJE1I0

R0ckman

Another king o the hill match match where we demonated the first round but the team went full tard the next two rounds never actually going into the point.

DrArchon

Symmetra's beam does too much damage

pls nerf

Only if you stay in range for it to power up. Just run away (unless you ran into a turret nest, in which case sucks to be you).

Please don't nerf Symmetra. I already can't use her on attack, I don't want to give up on her for defense too.

Dunlop

I figure it is unique to me as this thread would be exploding but I can't play as it says cannot log me into battle.net (ps4)

My other online games work fine and I was playing Overwatch about 2 hours so

Any ideas?

JTripper

One of my favorite things to do, which I sometimes do unintentionally, is fall off the map during a firefight as Tracer and reverse time to get back to ground and kill em since they're off guard thinking I'm dead.

X-Frame

Just had the best game to end the night, Attack on Temple of Anubis as Zarya.

When Zarya is at high energy and the controller starts vibrating and you hear the Particle Cannon buzzing with power, she is an absolute beast. Not only that, but I had a Lucio and a Mercy glued to me at the final push, so with +90% energy almost constantly and Mercy's buff and Lucio's healing holy shit .. I was basically wielding a beam saber at that point, just cutting through everyone.

I was the only Tank too which I was surprised about, but everyone on my team were super aggressive and that helps a Zarya a lot since I can keep tossing barriers left and right.

This GAME.

Making distributed nests with Symmetra is a massive gamechanger, imo. Once you get a sense for the turrets' range, the possibilities open up and you can become a true menace.

oneils

Anyone else having problems connecting to Battle.net on PS4?

Just bought the game on ps4 and cannot connect to battle.net

I have a battle.net account with my ps4 account linked to it due to Diablo 3. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Grisby

Um, this is new. I can't seem to play Overwatch on my PS4.

"Sorry, we were unable to log you into battle.net. Please try again later. (BC-101)"

Anyone else encounter this before?

oneils

Well, looks like a lot of us are having the same issue. It's too bad, I just bought the game! Oh well, maybe that's a sign for me to go to bed.

MrHoot

Man, D.va buff can't come soon enough because she's real real fucking weak towards everyone at high level play. Like seriously, almost everyone can counter her.

The "mobility" she has is only good to get from point A to point B. But she's such a large, noisy target with a limited shield and armor that doesn't protect much that even a widowmaker can easily take you out even if you jump her. And once you're engaged you're pretty much guaranteed to lose your mech, and probably your life in the process.

The only good thing is the ult and even that is now extremely easy to dodge

Dunlop

At least it seems to be a global issue, I googled that error and there does not seem to be a fix

Now they will have to work in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom