• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

1upsuper

Two characters with the worst skins. I really wish D.Va had better skins.

70? I feel like I've been playing non stop and I'm only level 30. I'm cooling it down until ranked comes out.

I actually love Bastion's legendaries. I'm tempted to just buy one of them outright with my precious gold. As for D.Va, I like hers, though I really wish the non bug ones didn't have that ridiculous headphone/goggles combo.

Squire

Banned
Am I alone in thinking that the game is almost perfectly balanced as is?

I think the only thing that needs some adjusting is the full 360 turn radius on Torbjourn's turret. I feel that it shouldn't go all the way around or aim as quickly as it does. Idk, it's not even that bad. I'd be happy leaving everything as is too.

Maybe it's just me?

It's pretty balanced.

Characters need to be nerfed when they style on you, but they're great and should maybe even be buffed if you like them. <-- That's the mentality of reactionaries.

jediyoshi

More avatars from sprays

p7IXZdl.png
x0KRRPS.png
swkqvjv.png
GvhFlAV.png
MOzxrdH.png

valeo

Mei, Zarya and Dva have the worst skins I think. Mei and Zarya are worse than Dva's though.

Genji, Reindhart and Zenyatta have by far the best. Reaper's aint bad too.

I think it makes sense for D.Va to get some buffs. She's clearly the weakest of the tanks. I would mainly give her more uptime on E. I also think it would be nice to make E's effectiveness more visible to your team.

her guns could use a little buff

they feel weak as shit to me or maybe I just suck

pigeon

Banned
Maybe allow you to shoot while putting the shield up?

I feel like she would outduel pretty much everybody in the game if she could do that, but I like your thinking.

More uptime on E and less movement decrease while firing would be great. I would gladly take on a reloading requirement if I could just move a bit faster while using my only consistent form of low-range damage.

This is a nice idea too. It's honestly not clear to me why D.Va needs to be so slow when firing. I mean I get that it's so that you don't just hold down the left mouse button at every opportunity, but, like, as you say I'm not sure it's worth.

It might be nice to just let her shoot while boosting. I'm not really clear what that would break -- I, at least, can't keep an enemy in front of me the entire time while boosting.

Zomba13

You only get one climb before you touch the ground, though touching a wall refreshes your jump. The geometry on some maps is really wacky, though. They need to fix up Dorado and remember that they made a game where 3 characters can run up/ along walls, because Dorado has far too many windows and shutters and such screwing it up. Lucio especially.

Lucio's wall run feels like such a late game tacked on thing due to the amount of shit on the walls of the maps that just say "NOPE" to him wall riding. Like, doing it in Blops 3 or Titanfall is such a silky smooth thing and then you try to go along a wall in Overwatch and you're popped off almost intantly because the wall has a brick, or a lip, or a window, or a pot against it.

MartyStu

I love Lucio's wall skating.

With enough practice, you essentially have the mobility of a gimped Genji or a souped-up Hanzo.

I love freaking people out by climbing to points only usually available to the usual suspects.

It's pretty balanced.

Characters need to be nerfed when they style on you, but they're great and should maybe even be buffed if you like them. <-- That's the mentality of reactionaries.
I agree, the balance in OW is really good right now. But it's not perfect and some characters could definitely use some tweaking. McCree is a little too dominant at the moment, and the other supports could be buffed to Lucio's level (instead of nerfing him) I think. It's also a real shame D.Va and Winston in particular were nerfed to account for stacking. They're both weaker than they use to be and should be due to a feature that really should not have been the default game mode.

SDCowboy

One think with Hanzo, I feel like his base movement speed needs to be a hair faster. Right now it feels like he's wading through molasses.

Speely

Banned
I agree, the balance in OW is really good right now. But it's not perfect and some characters could definitely use some tweaking. McCree is a little too dominant at the moment, and the other supports could be buffed to Lucio's level (instead of nerfing him) I think. It's also a real shame D.Va and Winston in particular were nerfed to account for stacking. They're both weaker than they use to be and should be due to a feature that really should not have been the default game mode.

This is a sensible post. Not everyone who mentions balance adjustments is crying merely because their play style isn't being catered to. Some very small adjustments could be made to improve the diversity in competitive matches. I think they came out of the gate very close, and with some gentle, incremental adjustments it could be pretty much perf. No huge shifts need be made. Start small and iterate :)

Apathy

Lucio's wall run feels like such a late game tacked on thing due to the amount of shit on the walls of the maps that just say "NOPE" to him wall riding. Like, doing it in Blops 3 or Titanfall is such a silky smooth thing and then you try to go along a wall in Overwatch and you're popped off almost intantly because the wall has a brick, or a lip, or a window, or a pot against it.

trying to get his achievement is a pain, cause it feels like i always gotta look at the wall to stay on it

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

How were D.Va and Winston nerfed?

WHY CAN'T YOU PUSH BACK JUNKRAT'S FUCKING RIPTIRE WITH LUCIO???

Seriously this is such fucking bullshit, i hear that thing, i see that thing but can do absolutely nothing about it.

Free kills for that fucking rat because you can't even avoid that shit since Lucio's weapon is too weak.

Wait what. I know I pushed it sideways a few times today.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
If only there was a Genji skin of this color scheme:

ztHJ5zf.jpg

At least his black one comes close to looking like Raiden from Revengeance.

Speely

Banned
Wait what. I know I pushed it sideways a few times today.

Maybe it's momentum-based. Once the tire has speed, knocking it back in a cartoonish fashion is not possible, but affecting the trajectory is? Seems a bit unlikely, but Blizzard seems to have actually considered how abilities work vs other abilities pretty well so it wouldn't surprise me.

Won a game with a Mercy (me), 2x Zenyatta, 2x Reinhardt, and a S76. Didn't start that way other than me as Mercy but that comp got the payload moving midway through and took us to the end. I was surprised at how well it worked.

Maybe it's momentum-based. Once the tire has speed, knocking it back in a cartoonish fashion is not possible, but affecting the trajectory is? Seems a bit unlikely, but Blizzard seems to have actually considered how abilities work vs other abilities pretty well so it wouldn't surprise me.

We were
On a B stage control point, and the Junkrat Ulti was going to take out five of my team and instead I pushed it side ways toward the pit and he just got Reinhardt.

How? i tried it multiple times, his right click doesn't push the riptire away but can push other characters off a cliff, makes sense lol.

Almost sure it does as I'm pretty sure I've done it a couple of times. Not like it amounts to much most of the time, anyway.

EDIT: It doesn't get blasted too far off like heroes do btw.

DrArchon

Had a beast game with Symmetra just now, and it really makes me more annoyed that I can use her in more maps and on offense. I love playing as her so much. Her turrets are so fun when you figure out smart places to put them and get surprise kills against speedy flankers, her death balls are great against Reinhardt, and her teleporter is so useful. But I can't in good conscience pick in like 90% of the games I play. It's a real shame because she might be my favorite support to play with.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Had a beast game with Symmetra just now, and it really makes me more annoyed that I can use her in more maps and on offense. I love playing as her so much. Her turrets are so fun when you figure out smart places to put them and get surprise kills against speedy flankers, her death balls are great against Reinhardt, and her teleporter is so useful. But I can't in good conscience pick in like 90% of the games I play. It's a real shame because she might be my favorite support to play with.

Maybe it's just RNG but I feel like I'm on defense 60% of the time.

Speely

Banned
We were
On a B stage control point, and the Junkrat Ulti was going to take out five of my team and instead I pushed it side ways toward the pit and he just got Reinhardt.

That makes sense to me in that case. An ult should be hard to affect defensively, and altering trajectory seems a lot fairer than just countering it outright with a right-click.

Also, thanks for the potential pro-tip. I play Lucio a lot and am always trying to find ways to make his right click even more useful. :)

JTripper

Went from hating Tracer to finally understanding how to use her and she is great. Feels so good getting killing streaks as her, and even if you don't get kills it feels good to just fuck with the enemy.

Maximo

Im level 36 with one Legendary and only 815 currency having not spent anything, so Legendary Skins at least for me are a pretty big deal.
However some of the Legendary skins for some of my favorite Heroes feel..alittle lacking?

For comparison Hanzos Okami Skin has:
Unique Ultimate Animation.
Unique Ultimate Voiceline.
Unique E Voiceline.

And then you compare it to other Legendary skins that to my knowledge some don't even have a unique voice lines (correct me if im wrong here) let alone a new ability animation.
Im not saying every Legendary skin should be put to the standard of the Okami skin but would it be too much for Blizzard to go back to some of the Legendary skins and give them alittle more besides just their appearance?

nahlakhai

Agree with some of the others who posted above, as the game is pretty balanced. Obviously there are some 1v1 matchups that are imbalanced but the game is 6v6, which allows millions (billions?) of different permutations of matchups, making it very balanced overall. As someone who didn't really fall in love with the PC version during beta, even though I enjoyed it, I'm have MUCH more fun with the PS4 version for some reason, and I haven't even played with friends yet.

I really want to love this game but I'm at that point today where every other map has a pinpoint non missing insta killing widow on the enemy team and it's extremely stupid, even if you go out of your way to counter her it's only for 20 seconds, it's either that or a mccree right clicking for play of the game. Even reaper is better then that.

I'm looking forward to whatever balance appear because on PC at least, widow and mccree are untouchable in balance

Just played the worst game of Overwatch in the history of Overwatch, I think. Like, it wouldn't have gone any faster for the opposing attackers if we'd just gone afk for the whole match, it was that bad. Feels so goddamned bad, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom