• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Okay so I don't even know how to use voice chat on PS4 with this. If I have a headset with a mic plugged in and voice channel set to Auto Join in Overwatch's settings am I immediately able to be heard by the rest of my team?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
D.va is eventually getting buffed to be even more of a mobile attacker?

latest

Wait, where did you hear that?

Just let me move while shooting. I don't even care if I have to reload.

It took a while but i finally got my first legendaries in the same box: Odette for Widowmaker and Raptorion for Pharah (also 150 gold). I never use those characters tho :(

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Fixed it for you. His damage is fine, just need to remove the derp factor of getting headshots without aiming.

That may be the problem. Thing is, it wasn't like I just sat there, staring into space, blankly getting hit by arrows for long periods of time. I was in a fucking hectic melee. This is like a 2 second period, rapid fire arrows, not charged. They may have been head hits, I don't remember. Dismissing any kind of balance issue by saying "Don't get hit" is sophomoric at best. Point is, I see Hanzo in more "plays of the game" than any other character with his fucking death arrows, and no, they're not always charged.

Funny how people here get so defensive, to the point of refusing to have any kind of discussion about it, but instead resorting to dismissive elitism "Don't get hit by arrows!!!! Duh LULZ!!!" instead of having a mature discussion about the potential balance issues with the game. And yes, there are balance issues, there always are in games, and things will get nerfed/buffed all over the place.

I agree, Hanzo should definitely be nerfed with McCree. Both outpreform in what they are expected to do without much counter and Hanzo is particularly mobile and hard to kill given that he can climb his way to health packs and pretty much have his wallhack up in key locations at pretty much all times.

I wish I could destroy the wallhack arrow because given how good some Hanzos are it's pretty much a trap anyway.

Am I alone in thinking that the game is almost perfectly balanced as is?

I think the only thing that needs some adjusting is the full 360 turn radius on Torbjourn's turret. I feel that it shouldn't go all the way around or aim as quickly as it does. Idk, it's not even that bad. I'd be happy leaving everything as is too.

Maybe it's just me?

SDCowboy

I so want to be good with Hanzo, but just can't seem to. I'll have the occasional decent round with him, but usually I can't do much of anything with him. I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with him. lol

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member

I think the only thing that needs some adjusting is the full 360 turn radius on Torbjourn's turret. I feel that it shouldn't go all the way around or aim as quickly as it does. Idk, it's not even that bad. I'd be happy leaving everything as is too.

Maybe it's just me?

I don't know if the game is fully balanced or not but when a team has more than one type of character like Torb it becomes a huge pain in the rear to deal with 4 turrets in 4 different places, no matter which character you are. Also as people have said earlier, all pro teams picking 2-4 McCree is a big sign of something not right.

ISOM

I so want to be good with Hanzo, but just can't seem to. I'll have the occasional decent round with him, but usually I can't do much of anything with him. I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with him. lol

And people think he's easy. I have about 1 great game with Hanzo for every 3/4 good/shit games with him.

MartyStu

Maybe it's just me?

What I have observed:

Higher levels:
-McCree's burst is probably too high. Even considering his lack of mobility.
-Widow is probably a hair too capable
-Tracer and Genji are mostly fine, but they limit the support characters​

Pubs:
-Torb and Bastion output probably too high for the relatively low skill requirements
-Weird Hanzo hitboxes
-Zenyatta a bit lacking with his low health AND lack of mobility​

Tidalwave

D. va is so underwhelming. I hope she's the first to get reworks or buffs. Especially her ult which at this point is already useless. And I don't even use her.

SDCowboy

And people think he's easy. I have about 1 great game with Hanzo for every 3/4 good/shit games with him.

Exactly. I'll have one good game with him and I'll be like, alright, now he's clicking with me. Then, boom, a slew of games where I can't move without dying, and I can't hit shit. I don't know if I'm reading the sights incorrectly or what. lol

I think I'm going to dedicate a chunk of time tomorrow to just Hanzo and sludge through the countless horrible games I'll have with him.

valeo

I agree, Hanzo should definitely be nerfed with McCree. Both outpreform in what they are expected to do without much counter and Hanzo is particularly mobile and hard to kill given that he can climb his way to health packs and pretty much have his wallhack up in key locations at pretty much all times.

I wish I could destroy the wallhack arrow because given how good some Hanzos are it's pretty much a trap anyway.

Hanzo would not be used by anyone if you nerfed him. I think he's fine. I suck with him.

DVA's more like the Tracer of the Tanks.

Zarya is like the Zenyatta of tanks.

Zarya is the best in the game.

That Smooth as Silk trophy...

I actually got this achievement on PC by doing the trick where you use Widowmaker's rope grapple and then as soon as it ends I hit jump and it sends me flying. It's a good trick to use when you want to headshot a Reinhardt from above. But it's hard to pull off with multiple kills, even with a mouse and keyboard.

Maybe it's just me?

It definitely does seem that way. But that'll change as people get better with the game. Some characters like Soldier, Tracer, Widowmaker, and McCree will get a lot stronger as people get better with the game. A good McCree or a good Widowmaker can actually completely shift momentum both attacking and defending. There's also the fact that some heroes are easier at pub stomping than others. Soldier is a very safe offense pick in solo queue pubs because he gels well with any team comp. Bastion is good at low MMR's because noobs don't know how to deal with it even though Bastion has a million easy counters (I personally prefer to use Widow over Genji against annoying Bastions). Some heroes like D.VA and Bastion seem more situational, if anything, but aren't necessarily in desperate need of a nerf or buff. Honestly I think Hanzo isn't as useful as Widow. Widow gets her ult faster, and she's easier to use while still filling the same role as Hanzo, thereby being more effective

Blizzard needs to do something about Lucio. His speed is too fast. His heal is too good. His ult is incredible. He's by far the best support in the game. It's not even close.

They should buff the others to his level, then; Lucio's in a great place relative to the rest of the cast, it's just other supports he outshines.

D. va is so underwhelming. I hope she's the first to get reworks or buffs. Especially her ult which at this point is already useless. And I don't even use her.

D.Va is not a tank like Reinhardt.

Her with a Reinhardt holding a shield is pretty much unstoppable.

But she's mostly a distracting tank. If you plant her right you can hold your ground... or sometimes just fly behind enemy lines and start taking the point which gets pressure off your team to move in.

Also her Ult is slowly being learned... It's why you gotta get creative with her.

Sifl

Lol, I que for 1 fucking match all day and it's 4 Genji's and 1 Lucio caught at the first checkpoint of Gibraltar with like 1 minute left. I'm so done.

I don't know if the game is fully balanced or not but when a team has more than one type of character like Torb it becomes a huge pain in the rear to deal with 4 turrets in 4 different places, no matter which character you are. Also as people have said earlier, all pro teams picking 2-4 McCree is a big sign of something not right.

Yeah I REALLY hope they eventually do a no character stacking mode in competitive play. It's annoying and can be very powerful with comps like the notorious double Winston or double McCrees.

What I have observed:

Higher levels:

Pubs:
-Torb and Bastion output probably too high for the relatively low skill requirements
-Weird Hanzo hitboxes

I can agree with some of that. Mostly Zen's low mobility. His DPS does make up for his health though IMO.

Speely

Banned

Same. I hear a lot about the huge hitboxes of his arrows, but when I use him, I usually feel like it's pretty unforgiving even if I really focus on lining up my shots well and I watch them soar past him close enough to shave with. Could that disparity be a local issue? My internet speed isn't awesome, but it isn't dregs either.

D i Z

Okay so I don't even know how to use voice chat on PS4 with this. If I have a headset with a mic plugged in and voice channel set to Auto Join in Overwatch's settings am I immediately able to be heard by the rest of my team?

Yup. You should also see an Icon on the left of your audio coming through to the team.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Got matched with Renbot and Seagull's friends. We got dicked pretty bad.

pigeon

Banned
I think it makes sense for D.Va to get some buffs. She's clearly the weakest of the tanks. I would mainly give her more uptime on E. I also think it would be nice to make E's effectiveness more visible to your team.

What I have observed:

Higher levels:

Pubs:
-Weird Hanzo hitboxes

I'm not sure if Hanzo just has weird hitboxes, or if its the games 20 tickrate starting to rear its head.

1upsuper

At this point I have gotten a legendary costume for Mei and two legendaries for Winston, two of my least favorite characters. Next time give me something for D.Va or Bastion pls.

SDCowboy

Yeah I REALLY hope they eventually do a no character stacking mode in competitive play. It's annoying and can be very powerful with comps like the notorious double Winston or double McCrees.

I'd like competitive to have different rules. The main being no hero stacking. Save that shit for the casual mode.

Veggy

I'm almost level 70, I'm too addicted to this damn game

Top 5 most played champs are Tracer, Lucio, Rein, Junkrat and Mercy

Tracer is just way too fun to play

Tabby

Next time give me something for D.Va or Bastion pls.

Two characters with the worst skins. I really wish D.Va had better skins.

I'm almost level 70, I'm too addicted to this damn game

Top 5 most played champs are Tracer, Lucio, Rein, Junkrat and Mercy

Tracer is just way too fun to play

70? I feel like I've been playing non stop and I'm only level 30. I'm cooling it down until ranked comes out.

I think it makes sense for D.Va to get some buffs. She's clearly the weakest of the tanks. I would mainly give her more uptime on E. I also think it would be nice to make E's effectiveness more visible to your team.

Maybe allow you to shoot while putting the shield up?

Speely

Banned

More uptime on E and less movement decrease while firing would be great. I would gladly take on a reloading requirement if I could just move a bit faster while using my only consistent form of low-range damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom