• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Anectdotal but I have had over 400 matches and have yet to find an stand outtishly annoying McCree, I found decent McCrees, who can use highnoon okay and know how to ambush, but Bastion has caused WAAAY more problems in my pub games. So much so that even switching to characters and killing him over and over does not discourage the player into switching out because he knows one person cannot save a garbage team.
Are you playing solo or premades? Once you go 5-6 man premades you get matched up against other premades and that's where I've run into some of the more annoying McCree / double McCrees

Numb

Awful games all round today. Its like people are playing their very first game.

What I've seen today:
  • Ignore Objective at all costs
  • No Healer/Support
  • No Tank
  • Offense heroes only
  • Two McCrees (if either had spammed FTH it would have been a breath of fresh air)
  • Three Widowmakers on Attack
    [*]No shooting through Reinhardt's shield
  • Everyone roams
  • Scatter at 5m from Payload win
  • Literally standing out in the open to die

... I think I'm done for today. =|

Reinhardt is only good for blocking, as his GIANT HAMMER is weak as shit and has a super spotty hitbox.
sometimes i wonder why i even shield them
Reinhardt struggle

Zentatta has become fucking infuriating for me as D.Va. He always kills me even if I get the drop on him because I get a fucking discord orb placed on me and get fucked up by the rest of the team or even him.

Those "cord"s are really powerful and can disrupt loads of players and force them to hide as soon as they get hit by one. I use it as an area denial tactic at times. People freak the fuck out and hide in a hole when hit by it and i understand why.

ExVicis

sometimes i wonder why i even shield them
Reinhardt struggle
If people don't use my shield for cover to do stuff, help me push or don't heal me when I'm on the objective I stop playing Reinhardt. I love playing as him,don't get me wrong but if you're not cooperating with him I'll just go play Soldier and not care about you either.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
If people don't use my shield for cover to do stuff, help me push or don't heal me when I'm on the objective I stop playing Reinhardt. I love playing as him,don't get me wrong but if you're not cooperating with him I'll just go play Soldier and not care about you either.

Yep. Just have to bounce around to characters when playing with randoms depending on team comp and what people are doing/not doing.

Klyka

Banned
"good McCree"

stun + rightclick

should go pro

edit: oh shit wait sometimes gotta roll and press rightclick again! totally forgot!

Canucked

That's fair. He need support. Someone to watch his back.

ExVicis

"good McCree"

stun + rightclick

should go pro

edit: oh shit wait sometimes gotta roll and press rightclick again! totally forgot!
I've killed Tracers with my left click and flashbanged D.Va out of calling a robot or Reinhardt from charging. And I'm not even a good McCree.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I love switching to Bastion randomly throughout the match to surprise attacking teams. They get used to the lineup, go around a corner, and then BOOM. Surprise.

Astral

Those "cord"s are really powerful and can disrupt loads of players and force them to hide as soon as they get hit by one. I use it as an area denial tactic at times. People freak the fuck out and hide in a hole when hit by it and i understand why.

He's such a bitch. I've been getting constantly killed by him since last night. Can anyone tell me where the fuck I'm even supposed to aim as D.Va? Sometimes I drop people in seconds and other times it takes like a minute to kill a Widow with all the chasing around. I feel like I should be killing people the moment I jump them but I don't half the time. And sometimes I even do tons of damage from afar. I don't get it.

ViviOggi

He's such a bitch. I've been getting constantly killed by him since last night. Can anyone tell me where the fuck I'm even supposed to aim as D.Va? Sometimes I drop people in seconds and other times it takes like a minute to kill a Widow with all the chasing around. I feel like I should be killing people the moment I jump them but I don't half the time. And sometimes I even do tons of damage from afar. I don't get it.
Aim for the change hero button

No_Style

Can I get a list of characters that people SHOULD play as because it sounds like everyone is hated except Mercy.

I love playing Mercy!

nOoblet16

Zentatta has become fucking infuriating for me as D.Va. He always kills me even if I get the drop on him because I get a fucking discord orb placed on me and get fucked up by the rest of the team or even him.
Zenyatta's discord orb + headshot bonus on D.Va's large critical points. Jesus ! That must be a lot of damage.

Jebusman

Banned
Is McCree the new Pyro (in terms of player perception not literal playstyle).

The character everyone hates on because he's "too easy" to play and isn't as "fair" and "complicated" as the character "they" choose to play?

Where people get stuck on some weird imaginary rules of honor where their character is harder to play and thus more honorable?

fuzzyset

If that's happening, you're fulfilling your role as DVA. She's a disrupter tank. Forcing a Widowmaker to reposition is one of the main reasons her rockets are so useful. That said, it shouldn't take that long to kill people. I only go for headshots if I'm right next to people as the spread on her gun is pretty bad.

Matt Frost

Probably why I liked that skin. I mained Cassie in SC2.

Probably the best title in the whole series. Loved that game, played it so much back in the day. Excellent rooster, fun gameplay. Had a ton of friends come over to play it. Gaming bliss back in the day.

/sorry for being out of topic everyone

Goddamn, I haven't checked into this thread since a few days after release and now that I have I can see the venom is beginning to flow through it's veins. I'm starting to get a little worried about this games long-term community.

Paz

Love this game, so much better than when I played the beta after it first went up, so happy to see Blizz hit it out of the park again with a major game (I know I know, Hearthstone, but it's not the kinda game I mean).

Only thing that bothers me is the loot system, for a $60 game I would expect the boxes to have better drop rates and not be so clearly geared towards making you pay. I'm level 25 now with zero legendary skins, I think I've had two epic drops and one was coins, this seems sorta unacceptably random/bad :/

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Anyone who plays McCree deserves Donald Trump as their president.

lol. I love seeing salt in these threads (I fucking hate mccree also.. a testament to blizz's design that almost every character draws so much ire)

For full disclosure, I hate everyone else that isn't Mercy or Winston.

lol. and this is pretty much it. I basically hate everyone in the game.. because they're the ones I see in my team's slots as I am forced to pick Lucio, Mercy, or Reinhardt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom