• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are so many scrubs on blizz forums are butthurt about mccree? I am dominating them sure but its their fault they get close to me. Mccree suck at long range damage drop to 35 per shot, ok at medium rage but due to his slow rate of fire he will get owned by everyone at midrange. His only strong game is close. Yet they want to nerf it too. Whats the point they should just delete the character lmaoooo.

Se_7_eN

Found this from the beta thread:

jd5zaxS.png

Zarya - You're mostly playing this to Graviton an entire team dead.

Yea.... Good luck with that, slowest charging Super in game, and the least powerful.

fuzzyset

Can a single fan the hammer really down DVa?

Each McCree bullet does 70dmg at closest range, so it'll do 420 if all the bullets hit, so no. I'm not sure how close you need to be for that to be reliable though.

edit: thought DVa was 400 HP.

edit2: forgot armor reduction which takes 5dmg from each shot (DVa has 400), so a FTH on DVa would burn through 390AR and leave 100HP and 10AR.

mbpm1

why are so many scrubs on blizz forums are butthurt about mccree? I am dominating them sure but its their fault they get close to me. Mccree suck at long range damage drop to 35 per shot, ok at medium rage but due to his slow rate of fire he will get owned by everyone at midrange. His only strong game is close. Yet they want to nerf it too. Whats the point they should just delete the character lmaoooo.

image.php

Tecnniqe

Banned

Sure, might as well.

aka_bueno

Why the fuck can't I play Winston?
Come to think of it, I don't think if I've even faced a Winston that seemed like he was doing anything useful.

His main fire is shit, his ultimate is weak, his landing-on-people-after-jumping is weak.

I get that he's supposed to 'disrupt' the opposing team and piss them off a bit.. but he seems woefully underpowered, with the only gold medal you're going to get being 'Objective Time' at best, and god bless you if you manage to get a POTG.

I'll keep playing him though because I'm intrigued at how much he seems like ass.. he has to be useful.. right?

I've gotten play of the game several times as Winston, the GAF people I play with can vouch for that :D I usually get gold medals for objective kills and time as well as (sometimes) eliminations if we finish the match very quick (cause he can leap, flank, get to and push objectives very fast). But on drawn out matches, the offensive characters naturally get more kills.

He's fun to rack up the kills with tho, last night I had a 16 or 17 elimination streak which was my best (as Winston). He's only meant to go after non-tanks. He's a great disrupter since he can engage so easily, and escape after causing damage to the backlines.

You just have to know who to go after and when to bail, also since he can't heal you have to have map awareness of the health packs or jump back to your healer.

He's only underpowered in straight face offs against other tanks, but that's not how he's supposed to be played anyways. He's a flanker, disrupter. Catch your opponents off guard and wreck shit.

pigeon

Banned
Come to think of it, I don't think if I've even faced a Winston that seemed like he was doing anything useful.

His main fire is shit, his ultimate is weak, his landing-on-people-after-jumping is weak.

I get that he's supposed to 'disrupt' the opposing team and piss them off a bit.. but he seems woefully underpowered, with the only gold medal you're going to get being 'Objective Time' at best, and god bless you if you manage to get a POTG.

I'll keep playing him though because I'm intrigued at how much he seems like ass.. he has to be useful.. right?

Winston is for players who understand that if you jump in, get no kills, die, but the payload advances 10% towards the finish line, you are a success.

That said he can actually rack up a bunch of eliminations if your team goes in right after you, and he's great at chasing Genjis and Hanzos and killing them agonizingly slowly. Killing blows are even more satisfying with Winston because they're properly aged.

Bastion, Mei: generally accepted to only be played by human garbage
McCree, Widow, Lucio, Tracer: tryhard esports wannabe relying on OP character
Reaper: 12 years old
Genji: 9 years old
Soldier: COD player
Roadhog: LoL player
Mercy: can't actually play FPSes, probably desperate for attention
Winston: character designed so that very small children or people with no arms can enjoy Overwatch
Reinhardt: literally just hold down the right mouse button
Zarya: tumblr
Junkrat, Hanzo: wow randomly shoot everywhere and get kills so much skill
Torbjorn: game literally plays itself, turret is invincible
Zenyatta, Symmetra: wow why did you pick this character now we're going to lose fuck might as well leave
D-Va: don't care about the game, only their waifu
Pharah: high skill character, beautiful, only played by fine gentlemen

lol.

I do love Pharah though, one of my favorites. She's up there with my most trusty characters.

Rizzi

Woe is the poor Roadhog who had the bright idea to ult me as Genji.
Poor bastard knocked himself right off a cliff.

Xeteh

You mean the character that Blizzard has come out and said is too strong?

You have zero reason to use McCree's primary fire at any point unless trying to poke something at long range which would just be better served by flanking and getting closer to spam Fan the Hammer. He kills tanks faster than Bastion. McCree players like to remind people that he's so slow and its hard for him to do any of this despite moving the same speed as anyone else. Competitive teams run 1-2 McCrees in damn near every situation, he's in every single pub game.

If you don't think there's a problem with him you're delusional.

nOoblet16

Each McCree bullet does 70dmg at closest range, so it'll do 420 if all the bullets hit, so no. I'm not sure how close you need to be for that to be reliable though.

Due to the armour McCree will only do 390 damage on D.Va (Fan the hammer doesn't do headshots). But yes a 2nd fan would destroy the mech.

The only tank McCree can kill with one hit is Zarya.

Mupod

Winston and Symmetra are both easy to use mechanically but require a lot of game knowledge to be effective.

I personally play him as a counterpick for when the other team is heavy on Tracers, Genjis, Widows, etc. He's a nightmare for healers and is great on control points.

LordofPwn

While I'm not really achievement hunting, once I get both achievements for a character I don't often play them anymore. Anyone else the same?

Kinda, more like i'm glad i have them for that "X" character, because i didn't really enjoy them. or i should probably try and get better with other characters

for instance I have these characters trophies:
Mei
Widow
Torb
Zarya

I'll probably never play torb again, unless i feel like taking it easy.
Widow i'll definitely play but only if no one else is a sniper and i don't feel like getting better as hanzo.
Mei is my go to clutch ice princess, perfect for slowing the enemy at the last point.
Zarya is cool and fun, but i need to get better at other tanks. once competitive rolls around i'll actually play her if my team comp needs it.

ExVicis

hell no. pick Mccree and find out on your own.
Best you can do is fth, roll and fth again. But once you've blown that entire load you have no more cooldowns to deal with shit and you better hope you don't get dropped with your 200 health by the D.Va that still isn't dead.

Edit:This assuming you don't waste a fan the hammer on her shield and thus do nothing to her.

edit2: forgot armor reduction which takes 5dmg from each shot (DVa has 400), so a FTH on DVa would burn through 390AR and leave 100HP and 10AR.

hell no. pick Mccree and find out on your own.
Cool, thank you :)

Rad-

My best elimination count is 48 with Winston and generally I get around 30 eliminations with him. It's actually really easy to get elimination gold medal with him because his gun shoots everyone in its range, not just one target. Because of this I also get a lot of high damage rounds with him that even surprises myself (for example last night I got several over 10k damage rounds). I also never get many deaths with him because he's so mobile and has actually a lot of "hidden" health. 400 base health + 600 shield health + 1000 ult health (remember, ult fully heals him so only use it when you are low on health).

One thing about Winston is that he is one hero that becomes much, much better when you play with a decent team. I feel like Winston is actually pretty bad in random pub games. But when you play with a team that works together he is amazing. Him and Lucio are the boss men in king of the hill maps.

fuzzyset

If you can coordinate with a Pharah, Mcree, other AOE damage player, you can set up for a team kill with it or simply alt fire them to death yourself. Pretty situational, though.

Yeah, I really don't think I've ever got less than 4 kills with her ult, unless I completely flub it (pro tip, it doesn't go through a Winston shield).

You mean the character that Blizzard has come out and said is too strong?

You have zero reason to use McCree's primary fire at any point unless trying to poke something at long range which would just be better served by flanking and getting closer to spam Fan the Hammer. He kills tanks faster than Bastion. McCree players like to remind people that he's so slow and its hard for him to do any of this despite moving the same speed as anyone else. Competitive teams run 1-2 McCrees in damn near every situation, he's in every single pub game.

If you don't think there's a problem with him you're delusional.

I think i played against some guy name xetehlol on PC who was playing roadhogg was that you? lets just said i send that guy to spawn point everytime i saw him.

Those guys are just scrub game designers.

Well, I mean.

I've seen Terran winning 90% of games at high level and getting buffs, then Zer winning 90% of games at high level and getting buffed, then Protoss winning three games in a Ro64-Ro8 and getting nerfed.

I've also seen Higby purposely leaving NC imbalanced, most of the devs having a VS preference -- literally, when asked -- and TR getting nerfed because anyone complains about losing when outnumbered 10:1 and outplayed on every possible level.

Sometimes balance-adjacent devs have a conflict of interest.

ViviOggi

Man i love dominating hanzos. You guys are always so busy aiming. I just catch you guys offguard and send you back to your spawn in seconds lol.

I think i played against some guy name xetehlol on PC who was playing roadhogg was that you? lets just said i send that guy to spawn point everytime i saw him.
You're just roleplaying right

Sianos

I find McCree being potent at medium range is more of an issue than anything - his left click single shots have a decent rate of fire and no spread cooldown like the TF2 revolvers. If McCree is going to be the king of close range combat, at least make him weak in the mid range.

However, it's not like I would be against a nerf to Fan the Hammer either if he's to keep his decent mid range fighting ability.

I feel similarly about Widowmaker - although in this case I think the better option would be to let her keep her assault rifle and mobility and instead lower the charge rate on her sniper rifle. Or better yet, give it Bazaar Bargain mechanics - charge rate starts off slow, but hitting a headshot raises it up to a possible one shot a second like it is now, a bodyshot keeps it the same, and missing lowers it significantly back towards the starting rate. In experienced hands you can still hit those crazy chain headshots, but you can't make it rain bodyshots and cherry tap people to death.

Xeteh

Nope, just Xeteh. You're not helping your own point though. Not that you care to, you're just mad your cheap character is going to be less broken.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

looks like this guy confirms my theory that all McCree players are douchebags.

But soon we will be the once who laugh at the end.

Zeliard

I agree that some of it is overblown, but McCree is one of the strongest mid-range fighters. His headshots do 140 damage per bullet before fall-off and his rate of fire is not bad at all.

pigeon

Banned
Well, I mean.

I've seen Terran winning 90% of games at high level and getting buffs, then Zer winning 90% of games at high level and getting buffed, then Protoss winning three games in a Ro64-Ro8 and getting nerfed.

I've also seen Higby purposely leaving NC imbalanced, most of the devs having a VS preference -- literally, when asked -- and TR getting nerfed because anyone complains about losing when outnumbered 10:1 and outplayed on every possible level.

Sometimes balance-adjacent devs have a conflict of interest.

I work in the game industry and I honestly think this is mostly paranoia, if for no other reason than that there are huge numbers of checks and balances between a commit going in and it making it to live.

Mupod

One thing about Winston is that he is one hero that becomes much, much better when you play with a decent team. I feel like Winston is actually pretty bad in random pub games. But when you play with a team that works together he is amazing.

Zenyatta is similar, if you've got a team with situational awareness watching for flankers and dealing with snipers he's like having two characters. If things fall apart it's like you're not even there.

finalflame

Zenyatta is similar, if you've got a team with situational awareness watching for flankers and dealing with snipers he's like having two characters. If things fall apart it's like you're not even there.

Zenyattas never last more than 5 seconds when I'm playing Widow. Pathetically easy to off. Sitting duck to the max.

Nope, just Xeteh. You're not helping your own point though. Not that you care to, you're just mad your cheap character is going to be less broken.

looks like this guy confirms my theory that all McCree players are douchebags.

But soon we will be the once who laugh at the end.

PJSalt....

no but seriously don;t get close to him.....Also stick with your team. Even if you get close a Mccree 2 on 1 usually will lose he only has 200 hp.

Woe is the poor Roadhog who had the bright idea to ult me as Genji.
Poor bastard knocked himself right off a cliff.

The only thing you can do as Roadhog when you've activated your ult and you see Genji, is face the other way. Usually, I spend the last few seconds of Roadhog's ult behind cover waiting for it to end so I can heal. It's really only useful when there is already chaos and you just want to add to it.

pigeon

Banned
I find McCree being potent at medium range is more of an issue than anything - his left click single shots have a decent rate of fire and no spread cooldown like the TF2 revolvers. If McCree is going to be the king of close range combat, at least make him weak in the mid range.

However, it's not like I would be against a nerf to Fan the Hammer either if he's to keep his decent mid range fighting ability.

I don't think McCree was designed to be the king of close range combat. Reaper and Mei exist! There are already characters designed (both mathematically and aesthetically) to have hard range limits. McCree has a revolver. He should be able to compete at any range, but not dominate any of them the way he dominates close range.

ExVicis

If you aim at her cockpit windshield, most likely.

What would that be? 75 per bullet x2 for crit hit -5 for armor, yeah easily enough.

*edit* no headshot damage for fan the hammer? just roll

She's still alive after that, just not in her Mech. But most likely after the first flashbang/FTH she's put her shield up so that FTH might be completely useless and if she knows what she's doing she'll boost right into you. Assuming you drop the mech anyway if the D.Va did damage to you before with her tackle she still has a fair chance to kill you and your flashbang is still down as is your roll. So you'll just have to hope your aim is better than hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom