• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewfonse

Hot diggity, Genji is fun.

And it's official: reflect killing a piece of shit Bastion IS actually the best thing since sliced bread. Literally.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Most played:
1. Genji
2. Widowmaker
3. McCree
4. Tracer
5. Junkrat

Least played:
17. D.Va (39 minutes)
18. Reinhardt (24 minutes)
19. Bastion (24 minutes, 4.25 E/D lololol)
20. Roadhog (5 minutes)
21. Mei (0 minutes)

mei.png
How can you say no to this face?

Hot diggity, Genji is fun.

And it's official:reflect killing a piece of shit Bastion IS actually the best thing since sliced bread. Literally.
Yeah, except all the Bastion players have figured this out now, so you have to flank them or catch them in a teamfight now.

How can you say no to this face?
I'm a man of principle. I should give Roadhog more of a chance, but I will never sully myself with Mei.

Not gonna play Reinhardt and not gonna play support now. I say "there's some shit on the left, take care of it." No one listens, I go get a triple kill and die in the process because the healer is trapped to Hanzo for some reason then no one moves the payload. Are you trying to get rekt? Seriously? Is that fun? I'm not asking to win but to jump into a meatgrinder that's easily solved and I mean easily is the dumbest shit. Games are either a wash or a mini-Dota aneurysm.

abundant

Is it just me, or does Widowmaker ever get POTG? I've put in over 46 hours and seen every character except her get POTG, most multiple times (yes, that includes Lucio and Mercy).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me, or does Widowmaker ever get POTG? I've put in over 46 hours and seen every character except her get POTG, most multiple times (yes, that includes Lucio and Mercy).

You on console? I'd imagine it's harder to play her with a controller, moreso than other characters. On PC once you get to high level most Widows seem to have built in trigger bot and have 70% headshot accuracy so they get a lot of POTGs.

Klyka

Banned

she gets POTG about 6/10 on PC, easily.

She just needs to do a double kill and a bodyshot and is an instant lock for POTG

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Man. Troll teleporters in TF2 were at least somewhat cute.

In Overwatch it just feels like wasting everyone's time.

Hit O for the social menu, click avoid this player and then report them as well, it's griefing.

abundant

You on console? I'd imagine it's harder to play her with a controller, moreso than other characters. On PC once you get to high level most Widows seem to have built in trigger bot and have 70% headshot accuracy so they get a lot of POTGs.

PS4, and I've come up against some nasty Widows, it's just that when my team knows about it, they hunker down, making the multikills that trigger POTG next to impossible to get.

Kiro

Any links for quick tips/pointers on how to properly use

Winston

Zarya

Symmetra?

Winston: jump in, shield, annoy, jump out.

Zarya: power up and let your life recharge, you have 200 shield so great sustain. You are squishier than tanks but can live longer if play smart.

Symmetra: cutoff an avenue with sentries or help at a choke. Tel port hidden. Lob shots through choke and use your charge gun to take down at close range (hopefully with your sentries there). Spam the shield on everyone!!! Not enough symms do it.

DrArchon

Well, she can't ult for a free PotG, so you have to actually put some work in to get it. And seeing as most Widowmakers are kinda shitty at their job you aren't gonna see too many that can do it.

There's a "Sharpshooter" POTG where if you get a triple kill with at least one headshot and no one else did anything more impressive, you're pretty much a lock. Getting a triple kill on squishies in a crowd scene isn't tough.

Are you guys on console? Because Widowmaker is up there with Bastion and Torbjorn for POTG dominance. They all have the advantage of being able to rapidly prey on people not paying attention to them.

XenoRaven

I got a Widow POTG on PS4 twice. One was when I sniped some people that had lined up in a straight line next to a payload. The other was when Zarya ulted the gate to A on Hanamura and I just lined up all my shots and killed everyone in the ult.

abundant

What kind of bizarro dimension do people live in where every second POTG isn't a widowmaker one o_O

I play mostly in groups, so that's probably why I haven't seen one. Everyone communicates, so we know when we're going against a good Widow. Someone then usually switches to one of her counters and takes her out.

Never seen her get one either. Haven't seen Zenyatta either, although that's probably just because he's not very popular given the difficulty of using him with pugs.

Console too.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Zarya is actually based off of real Blizzard employee, Tamara Bakhlycheva.

9vl1SWW.jpg

That's pretty cool, I want to meet who they modeled Tracer on, she can come over to my place for tea and crumpets.

I play mostly in groups, so that's probably why I haven't seen one. Everyone communicates, so we know when we're going against a good Widow. Someone then usually switches to one of her counters and takes her out.
The console versions aren't completely dominatied by widowmakers? But gaf told me console players can aim just fine.

arimanius

I've seen her get it a few times. Saw her get it twice last night. Went against a widow that was amazing. She was the only reason the other team won. She got POTG and almost everyone voted for her. This was on PC.

Bittercup

I managed to get a few on PC myself, but not many and I don't see Widowmaker PotGs in general very often either. At least not as common as other characters.
I haven't seen a Zenyatta or Mei PotG so far.

Edwardo

I play on Xbox and had this weird problem with my controller yesterday. As I'm moving, i'll be aiming the right thumbstick and it feels like it's lagging a bit every 10-15 seconds or so. The reticle will stick for about a half second then jump to where I was aiming to. It almost feels like it does when your controller dies mid-game. How you lose control and it just pulls your aim in some weird direction.

Anyone else experiencing this? I tried a couple other games, and everything seemed fine. Then I played some more last night and it didn't happen again.

Played multiple hours of Mei last night. It was really fun. She has a surprisingly high skill ceiling because her wall placement can cut people off from each other. It's like 3 people run in and you cut one off and focus them then get the next two. Her right click is really accurate at a distance too.

Man. Troll teleporters in TF2 were at least somewhat cute.

In Overwatch it just feels like wasting everyone's time.

It absolutely is, sadly it's probably one of the reasons why some people never vote Symmetra even if they didn't do such a thing.

I'm guilty of this with McCrees on my team.

*Sees McCree with 17 Fan Kills* Roll eyes and votes for anyone else.

Slowly Lucio will top Pharah and Mei. He's so vers. all he needs is some dmg, HP and speed boost when skidding on walls.

also how do you even wall ride on console and aim and shoot? i haven't really figured it out or tried.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait, how prevalent is teleport trolling anyway?

I don't think I've ever seem it once. Then again I'm usually the one playing sym.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Heh just did that. Our team was attacking and we had two Widowmakers and a Hanzo....

Bye bye.

Good choice, I think you can leave like 5 times in 20 games without getting hit with the penalty and you should never need to leave that many times so it's always possible to leave those matches where you just know it'll be depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom