• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Banned
In either case, I feel like this discussion has already been derailed, so I'll just get back to the point.

So long as you're contributing with helping out your team and securing victory, then I don't see why it's a big no-no if someone wants to play with a preferred character or two (hell, even just one). I know the point of the game is to get familiar with the cast and adapt to the playing field whenever it's appropriate, but not everyone can do it. Hell, it wasn't until I reached level 20 that I decided to try to get better with the other heroes, aside from my mains being Lucio, Zarya, Mei, & Pharah.

I agree.
Last night I had someone "We don't need two Pharahs" can someone switch to support...
I was like "Breh, there will be at least two turrets staring you in the face as soon as you round the first corner and that is IF they do not have a Symmetra on top of it...go with the flow"
And I was right, the other team was posted up hard.
There is no magic combination, and having one of each is not a key to success.
Having people play toons who they are good with is far more important than them playing one with a title.

JimmyJones

Banned
D.Va is so annoying to play against. They need to nerf her mech or something and make her a bit stronger when she's not in the mech.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Someone will always complain about something. Just play!

Zaventem

What the living fuck. I literally got put in a game where i get the defeat screen. Gonna make a gif/webm of it. I thought blizzard was suppose to be good at this.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Any non HUGE SHIELD tank is just free ulti meter. It's making their team lose obviously.

Everyone's mad but I'm sitting here with 80% winrate past two days.
Soon to be 20%

Klyka

Banned
D.Va is so annoying to play against. They need to nerf her mech or something and make her a bit stronger when she's not in the mech.

meftV0q.gif

She's considered to be one of the worst characters in the game right now, no? A lot of gaffers have been saying so in here over the last few days. IIRC she's getting buffed, not nerfed, with the next patch.

ekim

lol. You can easily destroy her mech with Junkrat. She's only dangerous when in close combat. I think she needs a buff not a nerf.

KJ869

I agree.
Last night I had someone "We don't need two Pharahs" can someone switch to support...
I was like "Breh, there will be at least two turrets staring you in the face as soon as you round the first corner and that is IF they do not have a Symmetra on top of it...go with the flow"
Having people play toons who they are good with is far more important than them playing one with a title.
I was playing junkrat on defence and in start somebody complained our setup that was 2 mercy bastion and something else that we need tank.. Thank good they decided to go with My comment that bastion with mercy replaces tank. Those two mercys definetly made our play. More i play the more I think the right amount of suports is 0 or 2.

Blues1990

I agree.

Pretty much. The game hasn't been out for long, & there really isn't a sure-fire combination for getting victories in the various game modes, but I'm looking forward to see how far players can push the character's abilities and discover new techniques with them. (Except for McCree, 'cause he don't count!)

In the case for me and my pal (he was Hanzo and I was Zarya), we were able to tear the opposing team apart and secure victory at the last minute in Territories. I was helping my teammates to distract the opposition and giving them barrier's, while my pal used Hanzo's mobility and stealthily kill the two Widowmaker's & used Dragonstrike to force Blue Team away from the choke point that they were guarding. After I got 5 of the 6 players on Blue Team with Zarya's Gravition Surge, my friend used Hanzo's Dragonstrike again to annihilate them in one blow. He quickly went to take care of the Tracer that was causing me grief (Storm Bow and a quick melee attack) & helped a Reinheardt player with using Scatter Shot to carve Bastion/Mercy's health, so said Reinheardt player can drop the hammer on them.

Flintty

58% winrate cause why the fuck not?

Nice I appear to be beating the system too, hovering around 60%. I'm away for three night starting today... How long till withdrawals start? Gonna miss playing this crazy addictive game and my team are gonna miss their tank, I'm sure lol

Blues1990

Have you seen DVa's pistol out of the mech? It's so good

Yep, D.Va's light gun has significantly greater damage, range, and accuracy than her mech's Fusion Cannons. I remember one match where this one player experimented to see how long he/she would last with just using that pistol.

Unfortunately, without her toy mech, D.Va has the lowest health in the game and can be taken out as quickly as a single trigger press.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't imagine only playing one hero, not only is it boring as hell you're gimping your team if you're not able to fill every role.

Hex

Banned
Thanks. All I've done is play against Bots so far because I'm not used to KB/M. So I've gotten an ever-increasing itch to play against others.

If you have a gaming mouse, set up hotkeys on your mouse, it is a life saver.
I have Q tied to my center mouse button, I have flashbang (or appropriate action) tied to my thumb button.
Also try different sensitivities in options to find the best for you, especially horizontal.

Jintor

Yep, D.Va's light gun has significantly greater damage, range, and accuracy than her mech's Fusion Cannons. I remember one match where this one player experimented to see how long he/she would last with just using that pistol.

Unfortunately, without her toy mech, D.Va has the lowest health in the game and can be taken out as quickly as a single trigger press.

and her speed and mobility is fucked without it. She's a low profile target, sure, but she can't escape once closed in on sans mech :(

also, is mei a winston counter? It was like fighting goddamn general winter last time I tried.

Dr. Buni

I couldn't imagine only playing one hero, not only is it boring as hell you're gimping your team if you're not able to fill every role.
Playing at least two heroes in each role is great. Forcing people to counter pick is retarded though.

Hex

Banned

I have my go to defense when shit hits the fan (Mei)
My fun defense (Junkrat)
My fun offense (McCree)
My this is going to be a slug fest ass clencher (Pharah)

My fuck this I just want to have fun for a bit (Tracer)
My I will try this support thing (Zenyatta)

Blues1990

and her speed and mobility is fucked without it. She's a low profile target, sure, but she can't escape once closed in on sans mech :(

also, is mei a winston counter? It was like fighting goddamn general winter last time I tried.

This is a very good point, as D.Va's mobility options are very limited when she's on foot. I actually wonder who's the slowest moving character in the game?

Zemm

It also takes you about 100 times longer to learn the skills other characters have and how best to counter them if you've never played them. Playing most of the characters at points makes you a better rounded player without a doubt. I mean play however you like but surely it would be more fun to start off playing many characters to learn about them then slowly move towards "maining" a character, although in this game even that's not idea.

Sane_Man

Attacking on Dorado. Two Widowmakers.. hmm, okay.. maybe to take out the ubiquitous 3 defender Toblerone turrets?

Nope. They stay back at spawn the whole time sniping the bells. WTF.

I quit out for the first time ever. Wait a minute, start a new game.. straight back into the same game. UGH.

Hex

Banned

I can deal with Winston pretty well as Mei.
I will freeze a bit, then ice block if he is not frozen himself.
Sometimes he will stand around trying to beat on me still or waiting for me to unfreeze instead of going to heal which is what I am counting on.
As soon as I pop out of ice block I will jump back and start the freeze again while making myway toward my team just in case and by this time he is usually an ice block.
Pop him in the eye and it is over.

A smart Winston will move on as soon as I iceblock understanding that he slowed me down and flank around later or move on to someone else

Can we post "Play of the game" meme here? or is there a threat of it ?

I just did one with Justin Trudeau, but maybe it's too much "meme" and too much Canadian too lol. Sorry eh!

I had some really wierd Play Of The Match moments last night.

In a match on Hanamura my Kill Cam showed me killed by a Soldier 76 using Tactical Visor, but the POTM showed me being killed by a D.Va ultimate that I was well clear of in the game.

Another match on Volskaya Industries gave Widowmaker POTM for me accidentally walking off the map.

Sorral

Just went against a McCree/Reaper who had his own pocket Mercy all the time and all she did was revive their teammates and only heal him. Looked so weird and he just fished for POTG kills, no objective work.

yeah, it's my biggest gripe I have with this game, and it's making me more frustrated every time it happens. Like, when I die in a dash and my body will fly across the map but on his screen I didn't dash at all so I died right in front of him and my body would stay infront of him. so fucking annoying

Yeah man, it is so infuriating. It just makes me sad that they are putting the game behind such net code system. I wanted much finer movements and precision.

Klyka

Banned
Just went against a McCree/Reaper who had his own pocket Mercy all the time and all she did was revive their teammates and only heal him. Looked so weird and he just fished for POTG kills, no objective work.

People want to be the next Seagulll *shrug*

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Fuck random teams
Been having bad luck with pub randoms. Like the first week everything was going great. Now inevitably I get stuck on the team that never makes a strong play for the objective. I swear I was spectating a 76 teammate during respawn, he had full health, and setup a bio heal in a room off to the side and then was attempting to "snipe" enemies from the room.

Fml
People want to be the next Seagulll *shrug*
I believe this and he sort of pisses me off. Yes, he is god tier and CAN completely ignore the objective and team kill the enemies all on his own. We get it. But you are not him. Get on the fucking objective because your 2x KD ratio isn't doing shit to help the team.
Healers generally don't get to counter pick. You have to stay as a healer. I run into this all the time.
Eh, not true really. I mean there's no hard and fast rule, but I was healing defending the final objective with like two minutes to go and we had a teleporter up so a second (or was it third?) tank made sense to me. We won and I even cleared out the objective with my D.Va.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom