• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

shielded myself and tanked a DVa ult.

shielded a teammate that got hooked by a roadhog.

two of the best feelings I ever got in Overwatch.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck this fucking game. Dredges up old angry memories of the fucking Huntsman in TF2. I look at some of the kill replays and shake my head. Bull. Fucking. Shit.

I also have a big fucking bullseye on my back for ults for some reason.

Grief.exe

I was lovelaika :)

IzyW492.gif

Trickster

Have over 300 games played. Get winrate slightly above 50%, game starts matching me against people playing like those i saw in the takeover tournament....

Hasney

Still pissed off about the lack of custom servers and it gets worse. I hat being on a team on dfence that just have 2 or more Tors. It's boring to play with.

Kito

Just had a game where I froze the ENTIRE enemy team TWICE with Mei's ult, and nobody took anyone out except me. Sorry I can't kill 6 at once like Bastion, team! Is it that had to left click? Wow. Just fucking wow. I haven't won one game in 3 hours.

Gurrry

I really wish the OW reddit page wasnt littered with weird waifu fan art and POTG gifs.

Trying to find a PSA or helpful tips on there is near impossible. We need a shoryuken.net for overwatch. Dedicated character forums and high level discussion.

DrArchon

Starting the really dig Tracer. I was crap with her during the beta, but I'm doing a lot better with her now. Staying alive with her a lot longer and I'm using her ult properly to get double kills/take out turrets without dying.

One thing I don't understand is why the targeting icon shows her shots as being really accurate when she's not firing and then immediately expands out when she fires one shot. I get that she's not accurate at long range (she'd be too good if that was the case) but why not make the targeting icon big the whole time? It's just weird to me.

R0ckman

Have over 300 games played. Get winrate slightly above 50%, game starts matching me against people playing like those i saw in the takeover tournament....

And at the same time giving you complete morons for teammates. You KNOW when you have good teammates, there is a differemce between a couple of off day players and complete morons.

Trickster

And at the same time giving you complete morons for teammates. You KNOW when you have good teammates, there is a differemce between a couple of off day players and complete morons.

For real. I don't mind a matchmaking system that tries to keep you at 50%. The way it is in Overwatch is just completely fucked though.

Hyun Sai

Funny cause at least on PC at higher levels of play, attackers have a higher winrate than defenders.

Where do we find those stats ? Talking about PS4 here, but it would be interesting.

I don't quit, but it is pretty much a lost cause so I understand why it happens
With overlapping turrets and Bastion, outside of a skilled premade group on mikes you will lose. Period
I'm talking from my perspective as someone who solo's in with PUGs
I mentioned this last night, a game will be
MAYBE even group of attackers and defenders (or they will already be mostly Bastion and Torb). If attackers take the first objective the group will swap out to have overlapping turrets.

The turrets are so precise, taking out a single one can be a challenge, when they overlap you will not do it as the first will just be rebuilt while going for the second and you will be killed.

After queueing and getting 5 attack objectives in a row. I'm definately taking a break from the game for the rest of the day. I hope Blizz adds more options to the game soon (like unique characters per team) as I can see myself dropping it at this point

Turrets need to be changed so that they actually scan and will shoot when you are detected.

Yeah, Pubs stacking is also becoming tiresome.

New low: someone raging in an AI practice game about how we needed better teamwork and goddammit why isn't the healer healing. Um, half of us are in there to practice playing characters we never use. Sorry we ruined your practice match?

I really wish the OW reddit page wasnt littered with weird waifu fan art and POTG gifs.

Trying to find a PSA or helpful tips on there is near impossible. We need a shoryuken.net for overwatch. Dedicated character forums and high level discussion.

Maybe try r/OverwatchUniversity?

Hex

Banned
It's fucking draining joining matches for the display to say "No Support Heroes/No Tank Heroes" every damn time.

Like, I'm a good Winston but I'm not playing him every single match.

Don't let it stress you.
If people can play their characters, and play their parts it will not matter.
Those are suggestions, no more and no less.
Filling in the dotted lines does not mean you will do better.

Meia

Having a ton of fun the more I play Zarya. Had a potg where on Numbani where I was chasing down a soldier 76 and a roadhog by a bus with 100 energy, kill the soldier which prompts an unseen Mercy res(with another few bodies right in front of me). Popped ult + my shield, and just alt-fired to a quad kill. Fun as hell. :D

LiK

Don't let it stress you.

Yea, why do people give that Game Tips box so much credence? It's just letting people know you MAY need a certain class. You're not required to play a class you don't want to. Go with who you're good at and if you're not doing well, then counter pick the problem enemy player.

Hex

Banned
What's the consensus on Winston? I had a blast with him on the beta, but he always struck me as kind of limited.

He is a game changer, just don't stand there and slug it out.
Jump in and wreck shit, then jump out and circle back for another approach.
He works best when he has the other parts of his team ready to take advantage of the hole he is about to make.

Don't let it stress you.

In pub games not having a support is tantamount to suicide. I've seen some games work without a tank but that's pretty rare too.

That said, I'm beginning to feel like who fucking cares if the team has no support, why the hell is it always YOUR job to be the support/tank? Force someone else to do it once in a while.

Hasney

I think I'm close to the point of being done for now, it's been so bad this weekend that I'm just not feeling it anymore. I'd mentioned earlier that I wasn't sure that the matchmaking was doing anything but jesus, once i hit 65% w/l I started noticing that a lot of my teammates were single digit levels doing a lot wrong. Which is fine, at that point they're stull learning, but I don't see how it's a good experience for them to be matched against level 30-50's on the other side and me.

Then because of the overplay of turrets, I really only like the king of the hill mode as defending on the same team as Tors or attacking against them is just boring, but I can't pick that. There's not much out right now so I'll probably keep banging my head against the wall with it (Hey, like watching wrestling still!), but hopefully ranked fixes matchmaking and when more content comes out, I can actually choose what I want to play casually.

Long shot dream is a server browser for casual games, but I won't hold my breath. That's what kept me coming back to TF2 and not just the core gameplay.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Fri night, two of my good friends brought their computers over. One set up on the side of my big desk, the other used his new Razer Turret and sat on my chaise, playing on the 4K TV I have on my wall.

Played Overwatch from about 8pm to 2am, non-stop, sipping on alcoholic beverages and eating pizza. Was an absolute blast.

Drewfonse

Fri night, two of my good friends brought their computers over. One set up on the side of my big desk, the other used his new Razer Turret and sat on my chaise, playing on the 4K TV I have on my wall.

Played Overwatch from about 8pm to 2am, non-stop, sipping on alcoholic beverages and eating pizza. Was an absolute blast.

The best nights

LiK

In pub games not having a support is tantamount to suicide. I've seen some games work without a tank but that's pretty rare too.

That said, I'm beginning to feel like who fucking cares if the team has no support, why the hell is it always YOUR job to be the support/tank? Force someone else to do it once in a while.

Yup, I never cared about being forced to playing a certain class when I go solo. I never believed I have an obligation to the randoms. I just pick who I'm good at and go with the flow. Usually randoms will quickly switch to another character as soon as they die once anyway.

Drewfonse

Yup, I never cared about being forced to playing a certain class when I go solo. I never believed I have an obligation to the randoms. I just pick who I'm good at and go with the flow. Usually randoms will quickly switch to another character as soon as they die once anyway.

Not my randoms, hahaha. Pig headed.

I thought my game was bugged because I played like five matches in a row with competent teams and excellent group compositions.

But it's back to normal now. 😎

Luigi87

I don't get the obsession of teams with two Hanzos... on Control... when both even fail to get any kills with their ult.
Just had a nice loss with 0%

Hex

Banned

Man that reminds me of the old days, love that shit.
There used to be an awesome hole in the wall lan center back in the day, I think the last game I remember playing there was ...ah hell I don't remember but just something about the late nights, dim light neon everyone around the ring of pcs with the big tv (big for the time) hanging over the top so people could watch.

DarkestHour

Banned
Just had a game where I froze the ENTIRE enemy team TWICE with Mei's ult, and nobody took anyone out except me. Sorry I can't kill 6 at once like Bastion, team! Is it that had to left click? Wow. Just fucking wow. I haven't won one game in 3 hours.

There are some extremely clueless players out there and it does get frustrating. Give it time and hopefully everyone will improve.

Man, I was 17 hours in, having fun, but not feeling like I was significantly "good" with any character...

And then I give Tracer another shot, and she clicks with me, hard. As it turns out, I'm actually pretty good at teleporting around and harassing people... And it doesnt hurt that I can be a good contributor on both attack and defense using her, so I can just roll with her all the time. Just hit 27 hours, played as her all weekend.

I also started playing games on the Americas server (been playing on Asia mostly before this weekend)... There was this level 17 random Torb on Kings Row, we were on defense. It's pre-game, he builds a turret in a decent spot (behind the right wall)... And doesnt upgrade it.

I jump up and down on top of the turret.

I tell him to upgrade the turret via chat.

No dice.

We lost that one, of course.

How do you get to level 17 without knowing stuff like that? :-(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

This is what happens when you try to help someone, the community is getting more toxic by the day. I'm really getting sick of the "I don't care" or "I play for fun" people who just suck and refuse to improve or take advice and completely handicap the team. Competitive mode can't come soon enough.

Hasney

This is what happens when you try to help someone, the community is getting more toxic by the day. I'm really getting sick of the "I don't care" or "I play for fun" people who just suck and refuse to improve or take advice and completely handicap the team. Competitive mode can't come soon enough.

I mean, have you played Rocket League? It's not going to weed out the people who do that automatically. I'm just hoping the matchmak in that mode isn't bullshit and hopefully I can rise through the ranks enough to have some fun, competitve matches.

Hopefully they're smart enough to have different queues too so if you go into ranked solo, it doesn't match you with pre-made groups.

LiK

Man, I was 17 hours in, having fun, but not feeling like I was significantly "good" with any character...

And then I give Tracer another shot, and she clicks with me, hard. As it turns out, I'm actually pretty good at teleporting around and harassing people... And it doesnt hurt that I can be a good contributor on both attack and defense using her, so I can just roll with her all the time. Just hit 27 hours, played as her all weekend.

I also started playing games on the Americas server (been playing on Asia mostly before this weekend)... There was this level 17 random Torb on Kings Row, we were on defense. It's pre-game, he builds a turret in a decent spot (behind the right wall)... And doesnt upgrade it.

I jump up and down on top of the turret.

I tell him to upgrade the turret via chat.

No dice.

We lost that one, of course.

How do you get to level 17 without knowing stuff like that? :-(

Win or lose, you earn almost the same amount of EXP. You can just play a lot and still lose your way up. That guy sounds like he's never played a Torbjorn.

KraytarJ

So I just had a Roadhog game where I hooked to cancel a Reinhardt charge 3 times, including once when he had one of my teammates pinned and was about to kill them, felt pretty good I must say.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, have you played Rocket League? It's not going to weed out the people who do that automatically. I'm just hoping the matchmak in that mode isn't bullshit and hopefully I can rise through the ranks enough to have some fun, competitve matches.

Hopefully they're smart enough to have different queues too so if you go into ranked solo, it doesn't match you with pre-made groups.

My hope is once I get high enough there will be less idiots and more people who *gasp* actually play to win.

Redmoon

Really hoping they eventually make it so chat UI can be disabled during Highlight viewing.

Like sure it's fine when it appears during an in-game PotG, but when watching the Highlights and whatever was your most recent messages pops up for whatever reason, that's really dumb.

You could always just do Alt+Z but that will disable the entire hud, nut just the chat.

Do hope we can have hud customization so we can move around or disable every hud element we want. Maybe even have support for custom hud's (like CS:S or TF2 ones)

http://i.imgur.com/IzyW492.gif[img][/QUOTE]
We did work last night!
[quote="Hex, post: 205707433"][URL="http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/shared/c8a2434226c36cb5"]My stats[/URL][/QUOTE]

[url="http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/lovelaika-1505"]Here are mine[/url]
Playtime:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ICWM6st.jpg

Drewfonse

Win or lose, you earn almost the same amount of EXP. You can just play a lot and still lose your way up. That guy sounds like he's never played a Torbjorn.

Reason number 9 that I always test drive unfamiliar heroes in AI mode for 3-4 games before inflicting my ineptitude with them on teammates. At least by then I'm somewhat functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom