• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoskinos

What the living fuck. I literally got put in a game where i get the defeat screen. Gonna make a gif/webm of it. I thought blizzard was suppose to be good at this.
The absolute number 1 thing I want them to add is opting out of in-progress games. I Haaaaaaate being put into in progress matches.

This is a very good point, as D.Va's mobility options are very limited when she's on foot. I actually wonder who's the slowest moving character in the game?

The only characters with higher than standard base move speed are Genji and Tracer. D.Va has the highest situational move speed penalty which is firing in the mech.

Blues1990

The only characters with higher than standard base move speed are Genji and Tracer. D.Va has the highest situational move speed penalty which is firing in the mech.

Wait, Lucio's base move speed isn't as fast as the likes of Tracer? You'd think with wearing roller-blades would increase is overall speed.

Hex

Banned
People want to be the next Seagulll *shrug*

Yeah I have seen situations like that, I guess when they have a buddy with them.
Hell I had a Lucio who did no healing at all and was just trying to rack up kills...I was like wtf? He was not even on the objective

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Her pistol is really quite good. And it doesn't take many hits to get back in your mech.
Sort of does. Two eliminations will get you back in. So if you can go for low health enemies and/or head shots it's not to bad. But if you're in the middle of it you will probably die. Step one to no mech D.Va is to get the hell out of dodge then try to find easy pickings.

Sorral

People want to be the next Seagulll *shrug*

Yeah.. looked so boring tbh after seeing it in action. Not saying that out of jealousy or anything like that. It is just... your dmg is being boosted the whole time and you're being healed all the time. Much less risk, no fun.

The absolute number 1 thing I want them to add is opting out of in-progress games. I Haaaaaaate being put into in progress matches.

Yeah, but it'll never happen the same way they never added the option in WoW to avoid being put into in-progress raids/dungeons. They don't want people actively avoiding in-progress groups causing them to never fill up anymore if someone leaves.

DrArchon

They should make her pistol even stronger to compensate for the low health, or just increase her health a little bit.

Her pistol is awesome. Really easy to pester people and even get some kills with it. I actually prefer it over her dorky peashooters that she uses on her mech just because she can use her pistol at range effectively.

The need to make her mech-mode better. Her out of mech mode is fine being kinda crappy, but not if being in her mech is also kinda crappy.

Klyka

Banned
Whenever I see one of those pocket Mercy's who is very clearly only ever healing and boosting a single Person, I always wonder how ridiculously beta you have to be to literally be someone's healbitch.

Don't get me wrong,I heal my friends when I Play healer, but I also heal the rest of the Team and I heal/boost whoever is the best choice at the Moment.
If one of my friends told me to exclusively heal him,every game, every time we play, i'd tell him to fuck off,lol.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is there still a way to rate players individually? I remember that being in beta at some point but I don't see it anymore.
You can rate the match, but no not a single player.

Does rating a match do anything? I mean if 1 star would shame some of these games or players, I would totally do that. Uggh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You'd be surprised at how much mecha d.va can dodge. Not as annoying as Lucio, but nothing is as annoying as lucio.

And I play as a really annoying lucio.

I like d.va's mech mode. Although it could probably use perhaps a little bit less damage drop off. It seems to drop off around 10m, mmmmaaaaaaaaaybe 15m. Another big maybe on tighter spread.

KingBroly

Banned
If you have a gaming mouse, set up hotkeys on your mouse, it is a life saver.
I have Q tied to my center mouse button, I have flashbang (or appropriate action) tied to my thumb button.
Also try different sensitivities in options to find the best for you, especially horizontal.

I don't have a Gaming Mouse. When I built my rig I was pretty confident I could just use a Controller on everything.

Minecraft proved me wrong...

then I found out PC games don't usually have aim assist for controllers, Overwatch included.

Hyun Sai

Wow, now many players, after playing the stacking Tjorb and Bast, quit when it's their turn to attack, and even leaving a new lobby when it's Attack mode.

I don't even count the leavers at the end of a lost match.

Anything to keep this W/L ratio up, huh ?

Blues1990

Her pistol is awesome. Really easy to pester people and even get some kills with it. I actually prefer it over her dorky peashooters that she uses on her mech just because she can use her pistol at range effectively.

The need to make her mech-mode better. Her out of mech mode is fine being kinda crappy, but not if being in her mech is also kinda crappy.

People use D.Va like a Reaper, as her mech's high damage output at close range (coupled with her mech's mobility) gives her the tools to blast her foes in and escape before they can react.

Really, ganking and harassing are her strong suits.

No, if you think about it that is the design you want otherwise you would zoom past your team mates out of boost range.

Fair point.

Wow, now many players, after playing the stacking Tjorb and Bast, quit when it's their turn to attack, and even leaving a new lobby when it's Attack mode.

Funny cause at least on PC at higher levels of play, attackers have a higher winrate than defenders.

Looks like Overwatch.txt is getting shit on in reddit for not sourcing people's content. Account owner just threw his hands proclaiming that it would be too hard to do and that pissed people off even more.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4mkrzq/artists_and_content_creators_beware_of/

Always remember to watermark your shit, friends.

So true, i add mine at the intro/outro. Just hoping for no crop :'( lol.

Edit : I will post it here, a Very Canadian play of the game - Justin Trudeau

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4l8imEe2AQ

You can see how politic can turn ugly in Canada ! :O

Whenever I see one of those pocket Mercy's who is very clearly only ever healing and boosting a single Person, I always wonder how ridiculously beta you have to be to literally be someone's healbitch.

Don't get me wrong,I heal my friends when I Play healer, but I also heal the rest of the Team and I heal/boost whoever is the best choice at the Moment.
If one of my friends told me to exclusively heal him,every game, every time we play, i'd tell him to fuck off,lol.

So, playing a lot of Mercy, I don't do this, but, perhaps tangentially, I do (say on a defend map or Attack on Rt 66) favor boosting a Widow or a Bastion, then if I see someone in trouble, I bounce out, heal, then go back to who I think has the best angle or shot or is mowing people down. But, even that has limits, if the team still gets past a checkpoint or if the person I'm boosting starts missing, I'll go find others.

Wow. You're an ass.

Jintor

i just experienced the frustration of combo mccree. fuck that noise. absolutely no fun to come around a corner and get stunned and six-shotted in the face.

on the other hand, tracer on defence works quite well.

brawly

Woah got a sweet box just now.

screenshot-originalifuyh.png

screenshot-original1uzudr.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Who are the better Twitch and YouTube Overwatch content creators? I'm a big fan of Kripp, Hafu, Kibler for Hearthstone.

Looks like Overwatch.txt is getting shit on in reddit for not sourcing people's content. Account owner just threw his hands proclaiming that it would be too hard to do and that pissed people off even more.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4mkrzq/artists_and_content_creators_beware_of/

Always remember to watermark your shit, friends.
Easier than creating the content! Although I don't care too much so as long as he isn't profiting. If he is, then he should source.

R0ckman

Does anyone else jump on the payload and do the "In the groove" dancing emote as Lucio when you are doing the final push into the destination when the enemies are rushing back but you know its too late for them?

twice Lucio saved me. got blasted off ilios point but jumped and skidded back up. the other time was a jump to the side and luckily the steps was there

i also got POTG with the latter shown. i wish the first was shown. would have been pretty great

Dunlop

I don't quit, but it is pretty much a lost cause so I understand why it happens
With overlapping turrets and Bastion, outside of a skilled premade group on mikes you will lose. Period
I'm talking from my perspective as someone who solo's in with PUGs
I mentioned this last night, a game will be
MAYBE even group of attackers and defenders (or they will already be mostly Bastion and Torb). If attackers take the first objective the group will swap out to have overlapping turrets.

The turrets are so precise, taking out a single one can be a challenge, when they overlap you will not do it as the first will just be rebuilt while going for the second and you will be killed.

After queueing and getting 5 attack objectives in a row. I'm definately taking a break from the game for the rest of the day. I hope Blizz adds more options to the game soon (like unique characters per team) as I can see myself dropping it at this point

Turrets need to be changed so that they actually scan and will shoot when you are detected.

R0ckman

Everythings saved on the server yes, going to be building a new rig this winter just want to make sure I dont have to transfer any files.

Overwatch -for being Blizzard's first foray into FPSs - is surprisingly well balanced.

I believe McCree is really the only one who should be needed because he takes tanks down just too quickly. I'm willing to bet those that get taken down my McCree super quick who aren't tanks will be upset when the update hits because I think the two for those heroes will be the same.

Also keep seeing ppl complain about Torbjorn's torrents and Bastion turret form, but folks there's a counter to this. Genji, Widowmaker, hell for Torbjorn's turrents I use Winston backed up by a Mercy and take them out.

Make sure you have someone on your team to provide these counters. If you're playing solo then you change your character and counter to help your team.

I've played as Torbjorn's and a good Pharah/Widowmaker will make quick work of me and my turrets.

Most played:
1. Genji
2. Widowmaker
3. McCree
4. Tracer
5. Junkrat

Least played:
17. D.Va (39 minutes)
18. Reinhardt (24 minutes)
19. Bastion (24 minutes, 4.25 E/D lololol)
20. Roadhog (5 minutes)
21. Mei (0 minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom