• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
Tracer's match-up against Widow isn't that good. Widow has a huge advantage in verticality, a fairly decent health pool and assuming they're decent at placing venom mines will almost always see her coming and cripple her on top of that.

D.va with a better hitbox probably hard counters her.

Still pretty advantageous if you can get into a position where you can easily defense matrix and boost without having to take a shot on the approach. Still win most of my widow fights.

You can't shoot and defense matrix though. If they know you're coming (if you see a Widow on fire, assume wall hack) they can easily crit you before you can do anything which is a huge chunk of D.Va's health. At that point you're the one at the disadvantage and if they can bust your mech they can probably pop you as you're ejecting.

I'm talking about the 1% Widow's though. You can safely assume most anti-Widow tactics will work in pubs.

Sora_N

Widows totally losing their shit when I stomp on them with the leap and start zapping them is truly one of the best feelings Overwatch can supply me with. That and wrecking Mercies sitting comfortably in the backline. Or melting Genjis or Tracers who think they're clever.

Feels bad when they're sitting by a Bastion though. That's when you need to hope your team can pull out a decent counter-sniper.

You're describing my greatest fear when I'm Mercy lol.

I hate a good Winston.

I notice a not a lot of people use him but there are definitely good ones around.

So I've been interested in this on PS4, but probably won't be able to afford it until December or January since it'll $110 (minus whatever discount by then) for the game and PS+ (need to renew anywayz) and I have a few other games I'd buy first, I however wanted to ask question:

Since I'll be missing out some (game came out've nowhere to me, saw all the threads and looked up videos then was like wow, how did I miss this or else I may have gotten it at launch!) how long will this game be supported with new characters and maps/modes or whatever they add? My only experience since I only recently got into online games is Smash 4 (1 year) and Splatoon (8 months) from what I've looked into Blizzard, it seems they potentially may support it for multiple years. But if anyone has a estimate I'd like to know. Tho I guess they'd never officially announce a timeline. From what I've seen, I'd likely be fine with it as is but would still like to know if anyone knows.

darklin0

Banned
Widows totally losing their shit when I stomp on them with the leap and start zapping them is truly one of the best feelings Overwatch can supply me with. That and wrecking Mercies sitting comfortably in the backline. Or melting Genjis or Tracers who think they're clever.

Feels bad when they're sitting by a Bastion though. That's when you need to hope your team can pull out a decent counter-sniper.
I try to make myself feel better about that combo by telling myself at least Mercy isn't healing the rest of the team. ;-;
Its great until a Reaper shoots your giant monkey ass full of hot lead ;_;
Dip in and out the shield. I laugh at the reapers trying to run away from me.

Sora_N

So I've been interested in this on PS4, but probably won't be able to afford it until December or January since it'll $110 (minus whatever discount by then) for the game and PS+ (need to renew anywayz) and I have a few other games I'd buy first, I however wanted to ask question:

Since I'll be missing out some (game came out've nowhere to me, saw all the threads and looked up videos then was like wow, how did I miss this or else I may have gotten it at launch!) how long will this game be supported with new characters and maps/modes or whatever they add? My only experience since I only recently got into online games is Smash 4 (1 year) and Splatoon (8 months) from what I've looked into Blizzard, it seems they potentially may support it for multiple years. But if anyone has a estimate I'd like to know. Tho I guess they'd never officially announce a timeline. From what I've seen, I'd likely be fine with it as is but would still like to know if anyone knows.

You could look up if Diablo 3 still got updates on console.

This is the first Blizzard game I actually played since SC1. I bought SC2 and never played it, and only played a trial for WoW.

I love Overwatch a lot so far.

I've got to the point that if a Widowmaker starts killing me over and over, I just change to winston regardless of my team comp and make that guys life as miserable as he's putting me through

Widow can just bodyshot Tracer and kill her in a single shot. Plus venom mine and spraying with the smg aimed at their head makes short work of her too. I don't think D.Va is very good against her either because she's such a big target and pretty easy to get crits on.

Winston and Genji are probably the best choices to counter her if you need to. I find 76 at midrange to be pretty effective too as they can burst fire+helix to take off a lot of health really fast.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You can't shoot and defense matrix though. If they know you're coming (if you see a Widow on fire, assume wall hack) they can easily crit you before you can do anything which is a huge chunk of D.Va's health. At that point you're the one at the disadvantage and if they can bust your mech they can probably pop you as you're ejecting.

I'm talking about the 1% Widow's though. You can safely assume most anti-Widow tactics will work in pubs.

Hmm, actually now I'm wondering how quickly d.va can be headshot once she pop out of her mecha because I know I've taken them out by rapidly shooting the instant I pop out.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
First time traveling for work tomorrow since OW released.

Loaded the game up on my rMBP with 750m. Holy hell this is gonna suck. 1280x800 with every setting on its lowest option gets me 50-70fps most times. Buy my goodness does it look absolutely terrible.

I know Apple loves to fuck us with overpriced and underpowered video cards. But man do I hope the new 15" gets a nice little upgrade.

Ardenyal

There will always be snipers though. Last game I played we were supposed to push a payload. The team had 2 Hanzo and a Widowmaker. We got our ass kicked into oblivion, the payload never moved and the dumbass snipers never changed class. And you have to suffer through it.

The leaver penalty is just an xp penalty. No loss recorded for leaving.

Better to take the penalty and find an actual team than try to push a payload by yourself.

Hmm, actually now I'm wondering how quickly d.va can be headshot once she pop out of her mecha because I know I've taken them out by rapidly shooting the instant I pop out.

You can oneshot her before she hits the ground after the mech blows up. They get plenty of time to charge a shot during that animation too.

Moonlight

Banned
D.Va is okay since she can boost in and cover her approach with Defense Matrix and bully Widow a bit by tackling her and beaning her in the head with fusion cannons but her time to kill Widow isn't anything special and she doesn't really have the sustained threat of Winston's lightning. Second life is meaningless since you can just camp D.Va's pilot spawn.

You're describing my greatest fear when I'm Mercy lol.

I hate a good Winston.
I love out of position Mercies!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tumblr_o88n3jYtJi1qdzszpo1_1280.jpg

Cracks me up everytime. Same for how he casually says "Hi!" in his creepy voice when you do the greet command

Tracer and Reaper say hello.

edit: And winston.

Winston I can give you (assuming you can leap on them, otherwise no) but Tracer can't easily get where Widow is most of the time or it's a long route. Reaper gets hunted like a rabbit when Widow's ult is up which is a lot. Plus she can set up a mine and escape with her grapple hook.

This isn't a new concept for a character. There are people who have been sniping for years and have completely bonkers aim and Widow's toolset is godlike.

According to the other guys kill cam I was shot in the face around the point where D.Va's body is fully out of the mech. She hangs in the air for the moment in a very predictable way.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We had a sick Widow (and then a Pharah joined her later lol) on top of the fucking airplane inbthe hanger of the factory map, whatever it's called. Good luck getting up there with Tracer unnoticed :3

m4st4

tumblr_o88n3jYtJi1qdzszpo1_1280.jpg

Cracks me up everytime. Same for how he casually says "Hi!" in his creepy voice when you do the greet command

Lmao yesterday I had couple of cute ones with Symmetra. I gave shields to everyone but D.Va and she kept saying 'I need shields' - 'I need shields'... to what I replied 'I don't think so', every time.

Next game, I coordinated a sneak attack on Roadhog with Tracer: 'Thanks love!'... Symmetra: 'Perfect harmony.' - sometimes these characters are too real.

Tracer's match-up against Widow isn't that good. Widow has a huge advantage in verticality, a fairly decent health pool and assuming they're decent at placing venom mines will almost always see her coming and cripple her on top of that.

I mean, didn't we know this already from the Alive short?

So I just got Overwatch on Friday, I played the beta and thought it was ok, but I have been having a lot of fun with the game since Friday.

Also Toblerone is brain dead, i played him for the first time a couple of minutes earlier and i got a 15 kill streak and PotG.

Fugu

This isn't a new concept for a character. There are people who have been sniping for years and have completely bonkers aim and Widow's toolset is godlike.
Similarly, it is familiar territory that the best counter for Widow is Widow.

I'm on Vacation for a week and I have no access to playing Overwatch. I cry myself to sleep at night. ;-;
I'm forced to play Overwatch at 25FPS and about a quarter second of input lag until August.

Jintor

The way Tracer's blink works irritates me. It doesn't work the way I think it should work, which is a look-teleport; it seems to actually require you to be able to cover the ground inbetween. I guess it makes thematic sense since it's some kind of time thingymagig I guess, but you can't, say, look at a ledge and actually blink up there and that gives me the shits.

She's less maneuverable than a TF2 scout ;___;

m4st4

Can someone remove this white background from this picture, for my avy, pretty please?

295px-Symmetra-portrait.png

I'm a complete photoshop noob.
Edit: Apparently picture has no background, but when I put it as avy it does? :/

ramyeon

Can someone remove this white background from this picture, for my avy, pretty please?

295px-Symmetra-portrait.png

I'm a complete photoshop noob.
Edit: Apparently picture has no background, but when I put it as avy it does? :/
It needs to be the correct size (100x120), if the forum resizes the picture for you it'll have a background.

Yawnny

Loaded the game up on my rMBP with 750m. Holy hell this is gonna suck. 1280x800 with every setting on its lowest option gets me 50-70fps most times. Buy my goodness does it look absolutely terrible.

I know Apple loves to fuck us with overpriced and underpowered video cards. But man do I hope the new 15" gets a nice little upgrade.

Doesn't Apple fuck you around more with the game not even being released on it's OS?

Assuming you're playing this through bootcamp or parallels?

Fugu

If you want it to run better but look a whole lot worse, decrease the rendering scale.

balohna

Symmetra is pretty cool. I've tried learning a support character for games when nobody picks one, and she feels the most fitting for my playstyle. I'm usually playing D.Va and disrupting the other team on the front line, feels good to disrupt them on the back line as Symmetra.

Right now Hanzo has been my go-to defender, but I may switch to Bastion. I avoided him because of all the vocal haters, but he's fun to play as and honestly doesn't give me too much trouble when I face him.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone have a comment on how Blizzard makes maddeningly addictive games? Diablo 3, Hearthstone, and now this. How do they have that secret sauce no one else has? I know they're good, but are they experts behind making their stuff addictive? Gotta be. I'm not staying up 4 hours past bedtime for fucking Battlefield.

Rhaknar

Anyone have a comment on how Blizzard makes maddeningly addictive games? Diablo 3, Hearthstone, and now this. How do they have that secret sauce no one else has? I know they're good, but are they experts behind making their stuff addictive? Gotta be. I'm not staying up 4 hours past bedtime for fucking Battlefield.

Cocaine in the code

peakish

Polish. They put in the time to make clicking things feel good. Fewer barriers to playing means a smooth experience that's easy to return to.

darklin0

Banned
Cause aside from all the flak Blizzard gets(some of it deserved), they make really fun games.
Looks like a skin from Project M. But the costume itself is Mr L from Super Paper Mario.
Oh wow, I don't think I have ever played that Paper Mario game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom