• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

And yeah, once again, defended a map without losing any points and Lockdown still didn't pop (PC here). Frustrating as hell.

So is the Lockdown achievement bugged? I've defended a map without losing the first point multiple times now and it's still not popped.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, you can't let the other team touch the first point at all. Just keeping them from taking it isn't good enough.

Zomba13

If it's the one I'm thinking of, you can't let the other team touch the first point at all. Just keeping them from taking it isn't good enough.

Oh wow. That seems overly harsh. They should change the description then because it says without losing the point, not without someone touching it.

Sorral

Just went a team of four McCrees, a healer, and whatever DPS for the last one for two games. They couldn't keep us from delivering the payload and they also couldn't attack... Just High Noon everywhere.

Well Raiden also had a pretty nice ass, and since Genji is pretty much just Raiden

mgs2_6_a21.jpg

Stupid Sexy Genji.
Grey Fox bro. Genji is Grey Fox.
Even their back stories are similar with them both being unwilling made half machine.

KingClown

Well alright! I just played several matches with some fellow Gaffers and it was a lot of fun! We won some games, lost some games but all in all, playing in a good group is definitely a different experience than playing with pubs (not that that's particularly bad imo). It was a great way to end the night.

So for those who played with King_and_Clown on PS4 for a while, thanks for the matches! I had a blast!

Oh wow. That seems overly harsh. They should change the description then because it says without losing the point, not without someone touching it.

Actually, turns out I'm wrong. I was thinking of Shutout, which is prevent the other team from touching the point on a Control map. Lockdown is as you describe, and I haven't gotten that achievement either despite numerous apparent lockdown situations. Maybe you really can't let the opponent touch the point in that one either.

Apathy

Just went a team of four McCrees, a healer, and whatever DPS for the last one for two games. They couldn't keep us from delivering the payload and they also couldn't attack... Just High Noon everywhere.

try going against 6 mei's at the last point of route 66.

Holy shit that tried my patience. we eventually won, but at the end it was back to back to back freezes. they went 2 at a time and could trap us and kill us. Hello, diminishing returns, would love if you existed here

Rainy

Banned
After talking so much about how playing against a Tracer irritates me I decided to play her for a whole day.

Might have found a new main...

Zomba13

Actually, turns out I'm wrong. I was thinking of Shutout, which is prevent the other team from touching the point on a Control map. Lockdown is as you describe, and I haven't gotten that achievement either despite numerous apparent lockdown situations. Maybe you really can't let the opponent touch the point in that one either.

Oh yeah, I got Shutout. I'm just missing Lockdown as my last Map achievement. Could well be a thing where they can't touch the point, put man, how do you get a game where that happens? A Tracer or any other fast character can just zip in and touch it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I got that as roadhog weirdly enough.

I think he's the best tank on defense honestly.

Satch

Banned
omg this guy in my game picked widowmaker on koth and i was like "nooo it doesnt have to be like this, you dont have to do this, reconsider" and he got on his mic and went on this long rant about how this is a game to have fun and nobody gets to tell him what to do and blah blah it was so embarrassing

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh yeah, I got Shutout. I'm just missing Lockdown as my last Map achievement. Could well be a thing where they can't touch the point, put man, how do you get a game where that happens? A Tracer or any other fast character can just zip in and touch it.

It's just bugged, nobody actually has it yet.

omg this guy in my game picked widowmaker on koth and i was like "nooo it doesnt have to be like this, you dont have to do this, reconsider" and he got on his mic and went on this long rant about how this is a game to have fun and nobody gets to tell him what to do and blah blah it was so embarrassing
I don't think I'll ever talk to randoms.

Apathy

frozen hard butt punch

Achievement update: 73%

Any tips on zenyatta discord orb or Genji reflect double kill?

Hear that the zenyatta orb one was hard as fuck and people were cheesing it.

D.Va is so garbo. She'd be more useful if she died when her mech blew up so she didn't run around with her pea shooter doing nothing.

Waiting and running is not more useful then being another body on a point that can shoot. Out of her mech D.Va is quick and her gun can do quite a bit thanks to it's RoF.

Some people find joy in taking L's. We used to call them Raptors fans.

99% to 0%! Then they capture and come all the way back. Holy Hell, I hate playing with randoms so much. I even told my team when enemy team captured at 10% "We need to adjust our comp. We can't get inside." Because we had 2 supports and a Blackwidow. NO one changed.Stubborn asses.

Maybe losing is fun for him

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Achievement update: 73%

Any tips on zenyatta discord orb or Genji reflect double kill?

I genuinely don't see how the zen one is even possible. You would need to get the perfect storm where you discord a person who dies ASAP and keep that train rolling multiple times within 6 seconds, without dying. It's duimb as hell and easily the hardest out of anyone's.

The Genji one is easiest on a Bastion, I killed a damage boosted Bastion/Mercy combo that were hiding in the back of Anubis.

Moonlight

Banned
A good time to pick Mei solely to Ice Wall in front of him constantly.

D.Va is so garbo. She'd be more useful if she died when her mech blew up so she didn't run around with her pea shooter doing nothing.
She's actually like, decently useful outside her mech. Her pistol has no damage fall off and decent DPS which makes it pretty solid harass and if your aim is solid it gives her an edge 1v1 against characters like Junkrat. As long as you understand her limitations in pilot mode and stick close to your team she shouldn't be completely useless. It's also not bad for stalling objectives.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The most fun I've had in the game is playing as D.VA. She's a disruption tank through and through. Basically play her as a Tracer that doesn't die in 1 hit. Also once you're out of mech, just post up behind your team and snipe people. She does a ton of damage and has range.

Not sure why people have an aversion to pushing the payload on the last checkpoint on King's Row. Got stuck there how many times. If you can get it around the corner it's pretty much a couple ultimates away from game over.

Demoskinos

try going against 6 mei's at the last point of route 66.

Holy shit that tried my patience. we eventually won, but at the end it was back to back to back freezes. they went 2 at a time and could trap us and kill us. Hello, diminishing returns, would love if you existed here

Did exactly that last night. Other team started out as 6 roadhogs and I helped my team turn them into bacon with Zenyatta's discord orb. Then they decided to go all Mei and that last part was so frustrating. So many Ice walls. Ultimates and Sorry....sorry....sorry.

*sigh*

Apathy

Did exactly that last night. Other team started out as 6 roadhogs and I helped my team turn them into bacon with Zenyatta's discord orb. Then they decided to go all Mei and that last part was so frustrating. So many Ice walls. Ultimates and Sorry....sorry....sorry.

*sigh*

Our team won with a normal tem comp, nades > mei apparently

also just saw this

tumblr_o878o1avAS1qeiz5bo1_500.png

and it legitimately made me laugh

sappyday

Is it possible to reach level 25 in 6 hours time? It took me to get that far in like 15 hours but my friend was able to reach that level in only 6

Up until now I felt there's this unspoken rule that you don't roll with more than one bastion, and that's pushing it to begin with. Earlier today I played against a team with three bastions. Come on, fellas. They're lucky my team kept the strategy of running into them.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Is it possible to reach level 25 in 6 hours time? It took me to get that far in like 15 hours but my friend was able to reach that level in only 6
Play with a group of 6, win a whole lot, and never quit a game and sure, probably. When all those conditions are met I can get around 4k XP a game. Which is 5-6 games a level after level 22. Way less before hand.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You guys are acting gross about tgat Widowmaker guy, it is a game.

Not only that but I wonder how many people actually are polite and actually ask instead of saying "lol noob widow isnt for attack l2p".

We had a puggie in our premade the other day who we asked "hey made can you please go X instead?" and lo and behold he did.

Moonlight

Banned
You guys are acting gross about tgat Widowmaker guy, it is a game.
It's also a shared experience. 'It's a game' can't excuse you if your fun is at the expense of the people forced to share it with you. People who refuse to swap characters or choose characters totally inappropriate to a map or mode are diminishing the experience of others, and sanctimoniously preaching about it over voice channel just sounds embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom