• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

4th (?) legendary dupe rip. should at least offer you the recolor before turning to currency

ScreenShot_16-06-06_15-25-26-000_zpsxd22kiik.jpg

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
It's also a shared experience. 'It's a game' can't excuse you if your fun is at the expense of the people forced to share it with you. People who refuse to swap characters or choose characters totally inappropriate to a map or mode are diminishing the experience of others, and sanctimoniously preaching about it over voice channel just sounds embarrassing.

Why do you assume that they dont know what they are doing? On King's Row I like to open up the attack as a Widowmaker so I can thin the ranks easily on the initial spawn and push. I quickly change once I see we are easily making it to the first objective. A lot of characters can be used effectively outside of their preset "defense/offense" categories.

Sora_N

Wow holy shit, I've been trying to focus on playing Genji only but then this one group no one was picking healer or tank so I picked Mercy and healed our way to victory. I had to tell someone to play tank but it all worked out lol.

Felt so good.

Why do you assume that they dont know what they are doing? On King's Row I like to open up the attack as a Widowmaker so I can thin the ranks easily on the initial spawn and push. I quickly change once I see we are easily making it to the first objective. A lot of characters can be used effectively outside of their preset "defense/offense" categories.

Many people who choose Widowmaker seem incapable of either actually landing shots or changing characters to adapt. If that doesn't apply to you, then ok.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I hate it when I'm on a losing team, time is running down, and someone on my team is above/directly outside the objective just firing away. FFS contest the point. Even if you die, you might give the team the extra couple seconds it needs to get to the point and turn things around.

Instead of adopting a persecution complex why not just say, "Don't worry, I'm pretty good." or "I can switch if need be." No one ever does that though. 99% suggestions aren't even malicious. It's like, "Hey 4th Reaper. Can you switch to a tank?" If there even is a reply it definitely isn't, "Sure!"

Sora_N

Instead of adopting a persecution complex why not just say, "Don't worry, I'm pretty good." or "I can switch if need be." No one ever does that though. 99% suggestions aren't even malicious. It's like, "Hey 4th Reaper. Can you switch to a tank?" If there even is a reply it definitely isn't, "Sure!"

Honestly when I notice we're dying and I'm practicing Genji or whatever (been 2 days since I play Genji exclusively) then I just switch to healer or tank. Whichever is needed.

I'm not good at playing the defensive characters or half of the other offensive cast but I can play healer competently if the team is decent. Tank is ok.

I prefer to win so I switch when I KNOW we'll die if we don't have the healer or tank.

Moonlight

Banned
Because if they don't recognize what their character is actually good for than they're probably not very good. It's not a really radical leap. You can use Widowmaker offensively and you can use her defensively, but all of that seems much less relevant when you're playing something like a Control map where progress towards completing the objective isn't guaranteed and you need people on the point.

Though it's not really bad Widowmakers I need to deal with on the regular, it's not like people who tend to do that shit, especially 'high skill floor/cap' characters almost ever take suggestions to do literally anything else remotely reasonably anyways.

Permanently A

Finally got my 1000 gold. What skin do you guys think is the best for Reinhardt, they're all so good I'm having a hard time deciding. Hell Reinhardt's Bundeswehr epic is basically a legendary.

Ken

Finally got my 1000 gold. What skin do you guys think is the best for Reinhardt, they're all so good I'm having a hard time deciding. Hell Reinhardt's Bundeswehr epic is basically a legendary.

blackhardt for edgehart
bloodhardt for tengen toppahardt
WoWhardt for WoWhardt
stonehardt for sophisticated WoWhardt

can't really go wrong with any. first two are great if you like mecha though.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Continuing my experiment. After ~100 games of playing Mercy or Lucio, I'm now playing whatever class I want so long as it's not a duplicate.

11 out of 14 games we've gone without a healer at all. One of the other three, I was playing Zenyatta.

lol

This community is getting more shitty by the day, unfortunately.

Also currently sitting on over 2,000 gold. Not sure what I want. Definitely gonna get the Valkyrie skin for Mercy - so sexy. Other than that, though... not sure. Wish Lucio had better outfits. I'd do something for Hanzo - but his Okami is the most commonly seen legendary in the game.

darklin0

Banned
Why is it when a team has a really good sniper the opposing team just falls apart? There are counters and other things you can do, but the second a couple of people die to Widow all common sense goes out the window.

Warewolf

Achievement update: 73%

Any tips on zenyatta discord orb or Genji reflect double kill?

We had a Genji on our team yesterday get the reflect achievement during a push on Volskaya and the moment he got it ended up being play of the game;

Bastion and Widowmaker setup on the catwalk above Point B, maybe two feet apart. Genji flanks and sneaks up on their left, shuriken gets their attention, pop reflect, Bastion Unloads and Widow goes for a scoped shot, reflect takes them both out.

It was pretty damn fine work.

darklin0

Banned
Continuing my experiment. After ~100 games of playing Mercy or Lucio, I'm now playing whatever class I want so long as it's not a duplicate.

11 out of 14 games we've gone without a healer at all.

lol

This community is getting more shitty by the day, unfortunately.
I noticed it as well when I solo. Luckily I group with another person and we both like support so we trade off a lot. Sometimes you just gotta McCree cheese some fools.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why is it when a team has a really good sniper the opposing team just falls apart? There are counters and other things you can do, but the second a couple of people die to Widow all common sense goes out the window.

Because a really good Widow will easily lockdown your entire team unless you counter-sniper her (which then boils down to who's the better widow) or go Winstom on her ass. But since asking a pug to change to a character, specifically to a non-dps one is usually hard, good Widows destroy pugs. Hell good widows destroy pre mades aswell, which is why its so bizarre there isnt more outcry about her.

Does the ass give her a pass? :3

Satch

Banned
We had a Genji on our team yesterday get the reflect achievement during a push on Volskaya and the moment he got it ended up being play of the game;

Bastion and Widowmaker setup on the catwalk above Point B, maybe two feet apart. Genji flanks and sneaks up on their left, shuriken gets their attention, pop reflect, Bastion Unloads and Widow goes for a scoped shot, reflect takes them both out.

It was pretty damn fine work.

yeah this is how i got it (i just got it 30 mins ago). a hanzo was sitting next to a bastion and i baited it out and killed them both. got play of the game as well.

i think outside of something stupid like that, the most likely situation is a Mercy boosting a Bastion. they usually stand pretty close to each other so you can get the kills that way

Fugu

I really think it's baffling when I'm playing support and there's no tank or other supports. So many people have the mentality that it's not their responsibility to play these characters and it just completely defeats the purpose of playing a team game like this.

Moonlight

Banned
A really good Widow can make the enemy team feel like they've got way more presence than they actually do which makes people do dumb, super reactionary stuff. And no one wants to pick disruption heroes like Winston or D.Va to try to deal with her because they're not as cool. That's basically it.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Because a really good Widow will easily lockdown your entire team unless you counter-sniper her (which then boils down to who's the better widow) or go Winstom on her ass. But since asking a pug to change to a character, specifically to a non-dps one is usually hard, good Widows destroy pugs. Hell good widows destroy pre mades aswell, which is why its so bizarre there isnt more outcry about her.

Eh, when I'm playing with a friend, I just pocket Mercy a D.Va or something. Go in, shoot shoot, she dead.

Also, counter sniping isn't *that* hard. Reason being, even if you suck, you can just keep peaking around a corner, and act as a distraction. A Widow focused on you, isn't focusing on your team.

I really, really good Widow doesn't have any counters.

Psychological effect of being taken out in an instant.

Usually in that case I just switch to a counter and get revenge

patchday

she's a lot weaker now. sometime during beta she was a true terror that I was sure was going to ruin the game

darklin0

Banned

It is just ridiculous that everyone freaks out and any notion of teamwork goes out the door.
A really good Widow can make the enemy team feel like they've got way more presence than they actually do which makes people do dumb, super reactionary stuff. And no one wants to pick disruption heroes like Winston or D.Va to try to deal with her because they're not as cool. That's basically it.
My favorite thing is when you land next to Widow's as Winston and they completely freak out lol.
Winston begs to differ. :D
Psychological effect of being taken out in an instant.

Usually in that case I just switch to a counter and get revenge
Keep on doing good work friend. Not enough people change their original picks to counter.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

D.va with a better hitbox probably hard counters her.

Still pretty advantageous if you can get into a position where you can easily defense matrix and boost without having to take a shot on the approach. Still win most of my widow fights.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Eh, when I'm playing with a friend, I just pocket Mercy a D.Va or something. Go in, shoot shoot, she dead.

Also, counter sniping isn't *that* hard. Reason being, even if you suck, you can just keep peaking around a corner, and act as a distraction. A Widow focused on you, isn't focusing on your team.

JenniferLawrenceOk.gif

Im talking about the really good ones, not the "decent" ones. The ones that actually do kill you when you peak out to "distract" her because you are a mediocre one. The ones that know how to hide and change positions so youre always guessing where they are. That snap to headshots like they are aimbotting. Im not talking about pug widows.

Bliddo

11 out of 14 games we've gone without a healer at all.

There will always be snipers though. Last game I played we were supposed to push a payload. The team had 2 Hanzo and a Widowmaker. We got our ass kicked into oblivion, the payload never moved and the dumbass snipers never changed class. And you have to suffer through it.

I really think it's baffling when I'm playing support and there's no tank or other supports. So many people have the mentality that it's not their responsibility to play these characters and it just completely defeats the purpose of playing a team game like this.

I mean isn't one support the norm? But yes, ideally there would almost always be a tank on offense.

Moonlight

Banned
It is just ridiculous that everyone freaks out and any notion of teamwork goes out the door.

My favorite thing is when you land next to Widow's as Winston and they completely freak out lol.
Widows totally losing their shit when I stomp on them with the leap and start zapping them is truly one of the best feelings Overwatch can supply me with. That and wrecking Mercies sitting comfortably in the backline. Or melting Genjis or Tracers who think they're clever.

Feels bad when they're sitting by a Bastion though. That's when you need to hope your team can pull out a decent counter-sniper.

Ran into a group of cheating assholes on PS4 today, three of them were Genji and they could NOT be hit by anything from anyone on my team yet would plow us all down. It was gross, they must have been lag switching or something because in the replay they had this weird stuttering to every movement. Of course there's no bloody way to even report on consoles so guess they win =(

Rhaknar

Widows totally losing their shit when I stomp on them with the leap and start zapping them is truly one of the best feelings Overwatch can supply me with. That and wrecking Mercies sitting comfortably in the backline. Or melting Genjis or Tracers who think they're clever.

Feels bad when they're sitting by a Bastion though. That's when you need to hope your team can pull out a decent counter-sniper.

Its great until a Reaper shoots your giant monkey ass full of hot lead ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom