• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

D.Va is definitely not the strongest but she's by no means useless. She, like Symmetra, kind of feels like she's in the wrong category.

Prefer dva outside of her mech. Ive been more usefull outside the mech than in.

Kinda wish i could just park the mech somewhere and get out.

mollipen

Mercy's pistol is a lot stronger than I realized. Got a few kills with it today.

For the longest time, I was like, eh, don't need it. Then I realized just how powerful it can be. One of the best things I did was to switch weapon change to Triangle (on PS4).

And yeah, I've also been surprised how many kills I've gotten with D.va with her "worthless" hand gun as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh mech form is good. You can really cover the vertical space with it.

I especially like using it to take out all the goddamn torbs and junkrats and bastions setting up shop on the upper levels.

Especially good for the final push of 66 too just due to the verticality if the level and self destruct is crazy good for clearing space for your team.

PatjuhR

I've been throphyhunting lately. How the hell am I supposed to block 1.500 damage with a single use of D.Va's defense matrix?

I like playing her. Dunno if my team likes me playing D.Va tho. I go head first into battles when I'm meched up, but play super pussy when my Mech is down. Good for my KD, but I feel like my team is missing a tank half the game.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I've been throphyhunting lately. How the hell am I supposed to block 1.500 damage with a single use of D.Va's defense matrix?

I like playing her. Dunno if my team likes me playing D.Va tho. I go head first into battles when I'm meched up, but play super pussy when my Mech is down. Good for my KD, but I feel like my team is missing a tank half the game.

Activate that skill in front of a Bastion in turret mode.

D.Va is so garbo. She'd be more useful if she died when her mech blew up so she didn't run around with her pea shooter doing nothing.

More often than not, when I lose my mech as D.Va I'm back in it faster than if I'd had to respawn and run back to the point.

No, she wouldn't.

I'm level 72 with a 69% win rate as D.Va. Many (if not most) of those games with gold medal eliminations. Let's dispel with this fiction that she's a bad character. Low tier at the pro level? Sure. But I'm not a pro and neither is anybody here. She absolutely wrecks pub games in the right situations.

m4st4

That's how D.Va plays anyway? It's not like you can tank outside the mech, gotta be extra careful and pew-pew-pew from afar (that is if you escape the danger in the first place).

Has Blizzard ever been at E3, at least recently?

Hm I think not. :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Justice disappears into your defense matrix from above.

PatjuhR

Cool, thanks for the advice! Enemy Bastions are helpfull after all.

I know D.Va outside her Mech is supposed to play away from danger, but sometimes I wonder if it isn't better to die immediately and come back suited up. Barney aproves.

kagamin

I've gotten at least 2 kills on people summoning D.Va's mech, it deals 50 damage so if they're low enough on health it can finish them off hilariously.

vypek

For the longest time, I was like, eh, don't need it. Then I realized just how powerful it can be. One of the best things I did was to switch weapon change to Triangle (on PS4).

And yeah, I've also been surprised how many kills I've gotten with D.va with her "worthless" hand gun as well.

Yep. D.Va's pistol was a surprise to me as well. Didn't realize it until I saw a really skilled enemy doing well with it to see how strong it was.

There's nothing more satisfying than losing your mech to a McCree combo, then popping out and finishing him off with a couple headshots.

"Winky face" just doesn't do it justice. But I still say it every time.

As D.va, I'm pretty sure I killed someone while boosting into them. Didn't even know it dealt damage.

Yep. Even better, melee right as you run into them. A sizable dose of instant damage, then finish them off with your guns.

More often than not, when I lose my mech as D.Va I'm back in it faster than if I'd had to respawn and run back to the point.

No, she wouldn't.

I'm level 72 with a 69% win rate as D.Va. Many (if not most) of those games with gold medal eliminations. Let's dispel with this fiction that she's a bad character. Low tier at the pro level? Sure. But I'm not a pro and neither is anybody here. She absolutely wrecks pub games in the right situations.

Alot of people here are discussing group games, since pubs are always going to be meaningless.

I got that D.Va achievement pretty quickly by blocking a McCree ult with it for multiple teammembers. The one for getting 4 kills with her ult seems impossible though, unless the enemy team is stupid or you get lucky and can combine it with a Zarya ult or something.

Hasney

There's nothing more satisfying than losing your mech to a McCree combo, then popping out and finishing him off with a couple headshots.

"Winky face" just doesn't do it justice. But I still say it every time.

"Love, D.Va"

That gets used a lot.

I got that D.Va achievement pretty quickly by blocking a McCree ult with it for multiple teammembers. The one for getting 4 kills with her ult seems impossible though, unless the enemy team is stupid or you get lucky and can combine it with a Zarya ult or something.

Nah, you've just got to arc that baby in. Come in from overhead to time it so it explodes as it hits the ground and it confuses everyone.

Fugu

No, she wouldn't.

Because of MMR the fact that you have a 72% win rate with D.Va suggests that you are better at her than you are with other characters, not that she is strong or viable.

EDIT: This doesn't just apply to you, of course. It is simply that hero win rate is a worthless stat for everyone as it only represents your performance with that character relative to your performance as a whole.

ncslamm

Had a match tonight on Anubis where both team went all tracer round 1 and all soldier round 2. That was the most fun I've had in this game since launch and that's saying a lot.

"Love, D.Va"

That gets used a lot.

Nah, you've just got to arc that baby in. Come in from overhead to time it so it explodes as it hits the ground and it confuses everyone.
I do that everytime though, launching it over walls and buildings so it lands perfectly on the spot. The enemy just hides when they hear it and see the big exclamation mark flashing... Most kills I got with it is 3.

PatjuhR

I also suspected a lot of trouble trying for the Carwash trophy with Symmetra, but I got it on literally the first time I played her (picked her because half the team picked her aswell, we lost).

I set them up behind the wall on the left (from attackers side of view) on point B in Anubis. Then a Winston jumped in and I got it.

vypek

I also suspected a lot of trouble trying for the Carwash trophy with Symmetra, but I got it on literally the first time I played her (picked her because half the team picked her aswell, we lost).

I set them up behind the wall on the left (from attackers side of view) on point B in Anubis. Then a Winston jumped in and I got it.

I like a lot of the sprays behind those trophies/achievements

Xeteh

Neither of them are or feel like they are in the wrong categories.

You must have missed the part where I said "kind of feels". That was me having an opinion. You don't have to agree but don't act like you've got the definitive answer.

nomis

Other than the both being snipers, I don't see many similarities.

Gee I dunno, how about the gradual charge to 100% damage the longer you scope in

Yet in typical overcharged Overwatch fashion, it takes about half the time to reach full damage as TF2.

You must have missed the part where I said "kind of feels". That was me having an opinion. You don't have to agree but don't act like you've got the definitive answer.

I don't know about D.Va but Symmetra still feels more like a Defense hero than a Support. To the effect that if someone picks her, you still want another support to actually heal the team.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't know about D.Va but Symmetra still feels more like a Defense hero than a Support. To the effect that if someone picks her, you still want another support to actually heal the team.

Especially if Torb is defense since they both do similar things(gives out armor and places something to hold back the enemy).

PatjuhR

I think Symmetra is right in support, because she is really a supportive character. But she doesn't belong with Lucio and Mercy. So one of them has to go. Maybe a healing category or Symmetra to defense.

spiritfox

I think Symmetra is right in support, because she is really a supportive character. But she doesn't belong with Lucio and Mercy. So one of them has to go. Maybe a healing category or Symmetra to defense.

Just give her a heal capability. Shields used to be it but after the nerf it's kinda useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom