• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoreu

I got some Hate mail guys!!!

L5OL0y0.png

I've never played team shooters at all, but this game looks like a lot of fun.

Is there a good community on PS4? I've spent a ton of time with various COD games but I always roll solo...is it a decent game for pub play?

Poetaster

Banned
Playing these best of three attack games is so fucking aggravating. Busting your ass off with Lucio wallriding, weaving outside through windows on the objective while a full team is on your ass and seeing your teammate number never go above 2 is too common. No shit we lose.

Canucked

Is there a good community on PS4? I've spent a ton of time with various COD games but I always roll solo...is it a decent game for pub play?

I am loving it on PS4. Also never played a game like it before. The only problem is no one uses a mic unless they want you to hear them chew.

I only play public which is a nightmare for some people but I have no game friends because I'm old and crabby.

Playing these best of three attack games is so fucking aggravating. Busting your ass off with Lucio wallriding, weaving outside through windows on the objective while a full team is on your ass and seeing your teammate number never go above 2 is too common. No shit we lose.

Wait til ranked where it's best of 5 lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
And they always die one at a time

I mean I don't mind it if it's one or two tracer or reaper to do a little harassment.

But when all the 5 other including your torb goes there, and then proceed to get steamrolled by the other team on the way to point A?

At least fall back a little.

mbpm1

I mean I don't mind it if it's one or two tracer or reaper to do a little harassment.

But when all the 5 other including your torb goes there, and then proceed to get steamrolled by the other team on the way to point A?

At least fall back a little.
Yeah it's okay if a Junkrat or someone heads out there to cause some mayhem.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I'm getting to be pretty good with Zenyata . Hes a pretty devastating character for taking out tanks and snipers.

The ability to boost damage is really nice.

Kinsei

Banned

I've never had any problems getting into a match on PS4 and if anyone drops out the slot is filled almost immediately. I haven't received any nasty messages either so I'd say the community is pretty good.

Solo Q can be hit or miss. Tonight I did really well with randoms, but some days it's bad.

I play on PS4, with a group of other GAFfers. Add me when you get the game: hi-fi_famicom

And quote the OP to see the Google Doc with a list of GAFfers for each platform.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I wish i could make people salty enough to get hate mail. When i usually have a good match i get friend requests instead lol

It gets old, I'm really good at CoD and it gets to the point where I'm abused every single game for either cheating or being a no lifer (always plow through the prestiges), at first it was funny but now it's just depressing so I've had to disable both text and voice chat just so I can play the game, not that I do these days thanks to Overwatch. The Overwatch community have been far less hostile thankfully.

Owensboro

I am loving it on PS4. Also never played a game like it before. The only problem is no one uses a mic unless they want you to hear them chew.

I only play public which is a nightmare for some people but I have no game friends because I'm old and crabby.

You should join the PSN group! I've never used them before now but you can set up a party chat for people in the group to join, and then just start playing. Eventually, someone will join and this game is a ton more fun just chatting, laughing, and cheering when other people get multi kills. I've met some fun people that way so far! (PS, no one in that group has been super competitive yet, and everyone has been pretty chill so far.)

Does collecting souls do anything for reaper?

If an enemy walks backwards into zenyettas charge attack can it hit twice?

Does Zaryas beam range go up when fully charged?

BlindRage

If anyone wants to group up on x1, I'm down. Finally getting the hang of Winston I think and have been having a lot of fun with him.

Kinsei

Banned
You should join the PSN group! I've never used them before now but you can set up a party chat for people in the group to join, and then just start playing. Eventually, someone will join and this game is a ton more fun just chatting, laughing, and cheering when other people get multi kills. I've met some fun people that way so far! (PS, no one in that group has been super competitive yet, and everyone has been pretty chill so far.)

Oh cool. I know I'm not the one you quoted but could I join once I get a mic tomorrow? I don't hate playing with randoms but it can get frustrating since you cant really coordinate as a team with them.

Haha, that's great.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Pull out a Hanzo or Widowmaker and the other player will regret playing as him

Right now torbs are getting better at putting it in corners where snipers can't get a direct LoS without getting into turret range.

Too bad genji, soldier and DVa still destroys them easily.

Damage Blocked - Average

#991 (Top 5%)
Most Eliminations

#186 (Top 1%)
Most Final Blows

#574 (Top 3%)
Most Damage Done

#84 (Top 1%)
Most Objective Kills

5m 26s
#10 (Top 1%)
Most Objective Time

So 0_o apparently my Reinherdt really is pretty good.

It's weird that I've played so much Toblerone that I can recognize another decent player immediately and just switch to Soldier 76 to rip him apart.

Satch

Banned
OMG I HATE WIDOWMAKER PICKERS THEYRE SO FUCKING CANCER USELESS WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I HAD THE WHOLE ENEMY TEAM PUSHED INTO THEIR SPAWN AND WIDOWMAKER WASNT PUSHING THE (UNCONTESTED) PAYLOAD BECAUSE SHE WAS SCOPED IN DOING NOTHING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

anyway, i have 600 gold, which pharah skin should i buy. anubis or jackal?

OMG I HATE WIDOWMAKER PICKERS THEYRE SO FUCKING CANCER USELESS WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I HAD THE WHOLE ENEMY TEAM PUSHED INTO THEIR SPAWN AND WIDOWMAKER WASNT PUSHING THE (UNCONTESTED) PAYLOAD BECAUSE SHE WAS SCOPED IN DOING NOTHING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anubis

Anubis. Join the squad

Kinsei

Banned

The white one (I think it's Jackal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom