• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStars

Banned
Are people seriously blind? How the fuck do you just walk past the teleporter., does it need to be some epilectic rainbow shit so you can see it?

They probably just don't know what it is. I had to tell quite a few people I saw run past portals that it's quicker to take the portal than to run.

Apathy

They're on their phones. Seriously we had people much earlier in this thread complaining about not being able to tweet/snapchat/whatever between deaths/rounds.

I'm sitting here like you're here to play a damn game. Matches aren't even long like 10 minutes max.

It's infuriating specially on D when the payload is near the end

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
OMG I HATE WIDOWMAKER PICKERS THEYRE SO FUCKING CANCER USELESS WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I HAD THE WHOLE ENEMY TEAM PUSHED INTO THEIR SPAWN AND WIDOWMAKER WASNT PUSHING THE (UNCONTESTED) PAYLOAD BECAUSE SHE WAS SCOPED IN DOING NOTHING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

anyway, i have 600 gold, which pharah skin should i buy. anubis or jackal?

Save for Thunderbird, it's gorgeous.

I'm really curious what this is like. Overwatch with equal starts would be really different

... That sounds genuinely interesting.

Like everyone starts out as generic heroes, but you can unlock another hero by gaining points throughout the match. It'd be even more interesting if it forced you to succeed with lower tier or more situational characters before you can access the higher tier ones.

I'm really curious what this is like. Overwatch with equal starts would be really different

Fairly chaotic, and unfortunately the Random Number God was very cruel to me tonight: I got four Winston draws, which would have been in a row if it hadn't been separated by a Torbjorn... on attack, and Hanzo just kept coming up for me, and I'm terrible with all those characters. I swear I only saw blessed Pharah five or six times in 8 matches. But it is a good chance to learn characters you wouldn't otherwise use, and I helped in a clutch victory by putting up a well-timed wall with Mei, who I had only played about three or four times before. So it's fun, and unlike the past brawls I get the feeling I'll be playing this one a lot until it rotates out.

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about the Soldier match. Didn't have anything like that tonight, although one match half of the team picked Junkrat as a joke to start... and stayed Junkrat when the game began. We couldn't believe the odds.

They're on their phones. Seriously we had people much earlier in this thread complaining about not being able to tweet/snapchat/whatever between deaths/rounds.

I'm sitting here like you're here to play a damn game. Matches aren't even long like 10 minutes max.
What is wrong with people.

Seriously.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I have death can off and one time we had Objective B @ Volksaya Industries after the Defenders had that shit lockdown

We seriously put effort with 1.5 minute to go and destroyed 2 Torbs, 2 bastion combo with a Rein and Mercy on their side

We get them down, only Mercy escapes by a sliver of health, it was 5 on 6, does her Ult. All rise and Ults galore, we get 4 of the 6, Rein and a Bastion stayed alive, our team dies
Last team member looking into a corner inside the room with the big health pack, like 20 feet away from the objective
Just there, no moving, even in "Overtime" just there when I went to grab the pack
By the time we reached back, they were set up again...

dity

I've played this for about an hour (probably more) every day since I bought it. This game's so much fun!

I main D.VA. I think I'm pretty alright with her.

The TDM around the objective mode has slowly been creeping little by little

Why move this payload, why capture this point
I'll just get my kills or chase after the team in their base...

The new moronic thing that's creeping in is Defend players push way too hard into the opening area of the Attackers base
Hey guys we get 60 seconds to set up a perimeter to block them at key chokepoints...
Nope let's just stay by the payload and die and run all the way back to die again one by one

Attack has this new thought process of playing coy until :30 seconds till game over then bum rush...
It frustrating you push the defense back, yet team just getting kills till "Overtime" then they go balls to the wall, where the fuck was that hustle for the first 4 and half minutes?

Yeah I don't know what it is. Several times I've been keeping at least half the team busy by myself, but no progress is made on the objective at all and I'm wondering just what the hell the rest of my team is doing.

On the other hand, I just did an attack/move the payload map where the entire team just destroyed our opposition - I didn't die once and the payload never stopped the whole time.

So weird.

As far as I remember Blizzard has tended to have two options.

Funko, the low-end option. And some statues in the $300+ range.

I just want them to make some midrange stuff that will look nice.

Yeah, sure, but again: Funkos do not preclude not-Funkos. Nothin' stopping Blizzard from shopping around the license to some middle-priced joints.

ExVicis

You know it's so very rare I meet s good Hanzo, but when it happens it's amazing how they do. They build up ults like no tomorrow,. They us their ults to deny travel more than for kills. They seem to be capable of playing sniper and also getting on the point. And they get kills, so very many.

And they're not on my team, ever.

if you go afk for even 3-5 seconds every time you respawn i fucking hate you. can people just not do that cause it fucks the team up so badly, what are these kids doing

An enemy Widow went afk in the middle of the map and let me headshot her and two teammates with my Widowmaker. I appreciated that.

Blues1990

You know it's so very rare I meet s good Hanzo, but when it happens it's amazing how they do. They build up ults like no tomorrow,. They us their ults to deny travel more than for kills. They seem to be capable of playing sniper and also getting on the point. And they get kills, so very many.

And they're not on my team, ever.

Next time when I play, I'll call my friend who plays Hanzo. He's pretty good at playing to the characters strengths, and is pretty deadly when it comes to dealing with Tracers. (A well-placed short from the Storm Bow+Quick Melee Attack-Instant Dead Brit.)

Mr. X

Patch Notes on battle.net are from May Beta still

I really wish duplicate rewards from crates gave me how much they cost to buy honestly. I keep getting sprays and they aren't worth much >:[

Patch Notes on battle.net are from May Beta still

I really wish duplicate rewards from crates gave me how much they cost to buy honestly. I keep getting sprays and they aren't worth much >:[

Yeah. I don't really see a good reason to keep it at less than 100% of cost, other than just to slow things down a little.

As is, I don't see much reason to include 'em at all, other than, again, slowing things down :p Why not just take them out of the deck?

spiritfox

Is it me or does the death cam automatically go to the shitty players in your team? Everytime I die I spectate a shitty Widow or Hanzo or something.

Played mostly the Brawl today. Got to play Widomaker. 14 eliminations on my first go.

Also played a Mercy run and had 7 eliminations. That was fun.

Wish I had a chance to play more this week. Had to nuke my PC yesterday because I kept getting BSOD. Reinstalling Windows is always fun.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So... you won't play McCree unless he remains as he currently is?
Depends on the adjustments. If they take away or nerf some abilities that I like, then I probably wouldn't play him, that's correct.

I don't have any loyalty to a fictional character in a videogame. If I don't enjoy what the character brings to the table anymore, I'll definitely stop playing them.

Depends on the adjustments. If they take away or nerf some abilities that I like, then I probably wouldn't play him, that's correct.

I don't have any loyalty to a fictional character in a videogame. If I don't enjoy what the character brings to the table anymore, I'll definitely stop playing them.

Yeah i am experimenting with other characters now too. I like widowmaker. Usually i like burst dps type characters. Mccree had just that infact a little too good burst dps lol. But I like widowmaker is 1 hit KO with headshot. I was playing some bastian too and with a good team hes is godlike. Type of team that gives you proper cover.

Kito

The legendary skins for Symmetra suck; I kinda like Vishkar, but it doesn't look 1k worthy. Usure if I should spend my coins on it. How cool would Valve licenced Atlas/P-body skins be?

Junkrat (Hayseed), Hanzo (Okami), or Lucio (Ribbit) appeal to me, but I don't use these characters, and I already have the godly Sunyatta & Yeti Hunter.

1e59qJn.jpg

Need to play more :|

Apathy

some stupid pharah decided to stop literally right at the line of a point and use her ult instead of touching it in overtime.

people can't be that stupid,I refuse to believe humanity has such brain dead people walking around, this has to be some high level trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom