• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Huh? They all have passive healing, Mercy's health goes up faster if she's healing someone else.

Mercy's self healing only works while she isn't taking damage.

Lucio is the only one who heals himself normally through damage, and can amp if up for even more health.

I would start nerfing Lucio by reducing his self healing effectiveness to 75% or even 50%.

Gorillaz

im really glad the hero mixup is back for the brawl of the week

it's basically like a popquiz on what you know about heroes and how to counter them on the fly. Now that I have a well rounded feel of each character this mode is hype as hell and fun

kromeo

There's only 2 nerfs I want, turrets need a cooldown after they're destroyed and probably a bit less hp, and widowmakers assault rifle does too much damage

Xeteh

Sym has a huge shield that regenerates and Mercy's HP also regenerates I thought.

He isn't hard to kill eitheras he just has good mobility instead of defense/HP. I think if he does get nerfed, it will probably feel misplaced and they will readjust him again.

Zenyatta does as well but those aren't really the healing I'm talking about. Lucio's amp'd heal fills his health fast, its why he's so durable.

darklin0

Banned
Mercy's self healing only works while she isn't taking damage.

Lucio is the only one who heals himself normally through damage, and can amp if up for even more health.

I would start nerfing Lucio by reducing his self healing effectiveness to 75% or even 50%.
Nah. I don't want another Zen or Mercy too scared to jump on point. His whole kit is based on him being at the very front of every push.

Brawl mode is dumb. Enemy team spawns two Bastions, a Symmetra and a Reinhardt on defense, we end up with three Mei. Short of suiciding to get new heroes, no thank you.

It's like playing without a group, only a million times worse.

Is anyone bothered by how little proficiency is awarded in this game?

I've got a way better win ratio and a ton more gold medals than my brother but he's got more lootboxes because the way experience is doled out is heavily weighted towards time spent.

I know some of the game's appeal is in "hiding the fact you suck" but why not reward those who are excelling with a slightly reduced grind in claiming some loot?

Sorral

Zenyatta does as well but those aren't really the healing I'm talking about. Lucio's amp'd heal fills his health fast, its why he's so durable.

How would that get changed anyway? Lower self-healing efficiency? It will have to be significant for it to actually affect him.

Must he be so squishy for it to be "balanced"? He can't revive, target heals from range, boost dmg, and more as it is. Bring up the other healers to his level and get more people to play and enjoy support instead.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Is anyone bothered by how little proficiency is awarded in this game?

I've got a way better win ratio and a ton more gold medals than my brother but he's got more lootboxes because the way experience is doled out is heavily weighted towards time spent.

I know some of the game's appeal is in "hiding the fact you suck" but why not reward those who are excelling with a slightly reduced grind in claiming some loot?

I mean it is slightly reducing your grind by giving you more exp?

Xeteh

How would that get changed anyway? Lower self-healing efficiency? It will have to be significant for it to actually affect him.

Must he be so squishy for it to be "balanced"? He can't revive, target heals from range, boost dmg, and more as it is. Bring up the other healers to his level and get more people to play and enjoy support instead.

I guess you didn't read what I said.

I said I don't think he needs to be nerfed at all, he's just really strong because of that.

xxczx

Hey, I did it!

giphy.gif

I guess that blaster isn't so terrible after all. Thank you for the advice on how to improve my Mercy play.
Wow, what was that widow thinking

pigeon

Banned

Personally, yeah, I think Lucio is just too well-rounded. He doesn't have to be squishy but he needs to be bad at something. He has knockback, solid damage, solid sustain, move speed, and an ult that's better than revive because it's proactive. Frankly, the only reason people don't stack him more is that he's literally designed to be bad when stacked.

Zemm

Watching Seagull's stream earlier and I strongly disagree with the Pro mindset that Stopwatch should be the tournament standard. It makes for a awful, awful viewing experience when 3 minutes into a game everyone goes GG and suddenly stops.

But at the same time I'm not sure what rules they should adapt.

I find stopwatch way more fun but the reason the pro's are doing it this way is because the tools aren't available to make a proper stopwatch mode so they do the timing manually which doesn't help keep the suspension when you can't see a proper timer. Once that's fixed it'll be much better,

Xeteh

Sorry, talking about his strength implied that it needs to be nerfed. In bed and about to sleep.

No worries, I do hope they buff other supports too. I play Lucio despite Mercy being my favorite support hero. He's just so much stronger when your team doesn't help. I dig Symmetra but I only play her when we have another support on defense and I like Zenyatta in theory but my aim sucks and he has even fewer escapes than Lucio/Mercy.

missing 10 coins to buy a legendary skin I want

*opens lootbox*
*gets frogston skin*

... I wanted 10 coins :(

Bad costumes for jerk Ryu players.

X-Frame

Actually got a POTG with Zenyetta on Anubis -- just popped Transcendence while we pushed through the main door (healed a lot) then got a kill when we reached the zone. Pretty cool!

1upsuper

For people familiar with Blizzard, are they likely to release convention exclusive skins or anything like that? Do they do that for their other games? I really don't want to miss out on cool skins. <_<

Lucio's healing isn't the problem. The speed buff is straight up bonkers.

It shouldn't be avaiable at the start of a match. It shouldn't capture points faster. It shouldn't be as effective without being amped up. As long as these points stand he'll be mandatory in any competitive team.

Baliis

For people familiar with Blizzard, are they likely to release convention exclusive skins or anything like that? Do they do that for their other games? I really don't want to miss out on cool skins. <_<

I'd almost guarantee there's blizzcon related stuff of some sort. They always do like, a murloc pet in WoW, a transmog/cosmetic in diablo, etc.

tribal24

Banned

It shouldn't be avaiable at the start of a match. It shouldn't capture points faster. It shouldn't be as effective without being amped up. As long as these points stand he'll be mandatory in any competitive team.

he shouldn't be well rounded as a healer self healing should be 25%, i can deal with Zenyetta getting more hp though.

Sorral

It doesn't let you capture points faster. That was already debunked a few pages back, and it is certainly not as effective as being amped up... There is a big difference in speed. As for the start of the match, even without it, you get there with over 30s to spare so I don't know how is that a complaint.

Hyun Sai

The last weeks end in those competitive tournaments, Lucio was not mandatory when it was not KoTH. Mercy was though. Rez is much more powerful than Lucio's Ult because it charges so much faster.

Never played Mei before. My previous experiences with her are just other gafers yelling "Fuck you Mei!" Lol. Played the brawl today and got a chance to Play her, that was pretty fun...

X-Frame

Just had an amazing game as Symmetry on KOTH -- basically I just bum-rushed the capture point and immediately put 3 sentry turrets up in corners and then watched as they just melted anyone who came in.

Then I put 3 more in popular retreat/health pack areas and watched as they melted in there as well.

Hey, I did it!

giphy.gif

I guess that blaster isn't so terrible after all. Thank you for the advice on how to improve my Mercy play.

The blaster is actually nice for spamming doorways or choke points since its not hits an the bullets are kind of slow. Makes sure anyone standing in the line of fire takes a bit of damage. It's pretty useless for anything else though. I did kill a widow maker with it too tho

It doesn't let you capture points faster. That was already debunked a few pages back, and it is certainly not as effective as being amped up... There is a big difference in speed. As for the start of the match, even without it, you get there with over 30s to spare so I don't know how is that a complaint.
Lemme rephrase it then, his speed buff should be weaker without amping it up so it's more bursty. Does that make more sense?

Getting to the capture point first so you can set up defenses is a huge advantage, it doesn't matter if you can't capture it right away since you basically guarantee you'll have the point at the start if the enemy doesn't have a Lucio.

I dunno why people kept saying it captured faster in that case. Weird placebo effect?

Sorral

No worries, I do hope they buff other supports too. I play Lucio despite Mercy being my favorite support hero. He's just so much stronger when your team doesn't help. I dig Symmetra but I only play her when we have another support on defense and I like Zenyatta in theory but my aim sucks and he has even fewer escapes than Lucio/Mercy.
I'm in a similar boat. I can't seem to play Zenyatta well (they nerfed his HP which used to be 200 iirc sometime in the beta), Mercy is bad for me with randoms, and Sym is something for defense with another support.

If they take out Lucio as well, I can already see myself not helping with support in pubs and/or only playing with friends.

Sorral

Lemme rephrase it then, his speed buff should be weaker without amping it up so it's more bursty. Does that make more sense?

Getting to the capture point first so you can set up defenses is a huge advantage, it doesn't matter if you can't capture it right away since you basically guarantee you'll have the point at the start if the enemy doesn't have a Lucio.

I dunno why people kept saying it captured faster in that case. Weird placebo effect?

Yeah, I guess so.

As for the point thingy, I have seen teams get slaughtered because they clustered in the point by getting there faster with Lucio. I don't see as an advantage as you kinda become open to flankers faster. It depends more on the players than the heroes of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom