• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

OMG I HATE WIDOWMAKER PICKERS THEYRE SO FUCKING CANCER USELESS WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I HAD THE WHOLE ENEMY TEAM PUSHED INTO THEIR SPAWN AND WIDOWMAKER WASNT PUSHING THE (UNCONTESTED) PAYLOAD BECAUSE SHE WAS SCOPED IN DOING NOTHING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

anyway, i have 600 gold, which pharah skin should i buy. anubis or jackal?

r2rOF7r.gif

Okay I think I'm starting to get the public game fatigue everyone else is talking about. Most attack maps have been atrocious. Hard to organize a random team I think.

OMG I HATE WIDOWMAKER PICKERS THEYRE SO FUCKING CANCER USELESS WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I HAD THE WHOLE ENEMY TEAM PUSHED INTO THEIR SPAWN AND WIDOWMAKER WASNT PUSHING THE (UNCONTESTED) PAYLOAD BECAUSE SHE WAS SCOPED IN DOING NOTHING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm generally curious, why is the sniper class so interesting to the general audience? You literally run into this issue in any shooter that has a sniping class.

Also a Flanking or Actively Agreessive Widow is an absolutely devastating teammate to have. Love the few times I grouped up with one.

Anyone got tips for playing Pharah? Every time I play her, I feel like I can't get any kills, and that I die too quickly.
Personally I play her as a mosquito rather than a killing machine. Can't tell you really what to do to get more kills.

Just remember some maps are better suited to her than others.

I'm generally curious, why is the sniper class so interesting to the general audience? You literally run into this issue in any shooter that has a sniping class.

Also a Flanking or Actively Agreessive Widow is an absolutely devastating teammate to have. Love the few times I grouped up with one.

Snipers are Just Cool Man (tm). There's an allure to them.

giphy.gif

I asked some of you if I should buy this game last night and eventually decided to. Just played an hour or so and I am completely sold. So freakin fun. The only really toxic person I've encountered yet (after we lost in freakin overtime of a 1 to 1 match) got shut down by an opposing teammate and he told me I did well :D I mean I'm level two playing with 25-40s, at least I'm going for the objective.

Gonna spend countless hours on this game

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Okay I think I'm starting to get the public game fatigue everyone else is talking about. Most attack maps have been atrocious. Hard to organize a random team I think.

The TDM around the objective mode has slowly been creeping little by little

Why move this payload, why capture this point
I'll just get my kills or chase after the team in their base...

The new moronic thing that's creeping in is Defend players push way too hard into the opening area of the Attackers base
Hey guys we get 60 seconds to set up a perimeter to block them at key chokepoints...
Nope let's just stay by the payload and die and run all the way back to die again one by one

Attack has this new thought process of playing coy until :30 seconds till game over then bum rush...
It frustrating you push the defense back, yet team just getting kills till "Overtime" then they go balls to the wall, where the fuck was that hustle for the first 4 and half minutes?

Anyone got tips for playing Pharah? Every time I play her, I feel like I can't get any kills, and that I die too quickly.

Direct hit people. If you can't do that, shoot at feet. She's pretty straightforward, but a lot of her strength comes from how well you can aim. Also try to come at people from unexpected angles and from above.

jump at enemy pharahs pressing their q to die attack and punch them for giggles

if you see a widowmaker and you notice that they can actually hit something, you should probably consider not playing pharah

Attack has this new thought process of playing coy until :30 seconds till game over then bum rush...

I take it you have never played Team Fortress 2.

What's the problem? He's an easy thing to beat. I should know since I've got the most time in him.

He's just not enjoyable to play against. I don't think he's OP. The last 3 games I've been up against him we've won. It just wasn't even that enjoyable to win having to deal with his ultra-long-range, instant lock-on turret, and the knowledge that he's just brainlessly sitting behind it letting it play the game for him. And his ult cooldown is insane, it seems to be up on every push.

He's just not enjoyable to play against. I don't think he's OP. The last 3 games I've been up against him we've won. It just wasn't even that enjoyable to win having to deal with his ultra-long-range, instant lock-on turret, and the knowledge that he's just brainlessly sitting behind it letting it play the game for him. And his ult cooldown is insane, it seems to be up on every push.
Any decent Torb isn't doing that.

jacobs34

The TDM around the objective mode has slowly been creeping little by little

Why move this payload, why capture this point
I'll just get my kills or chase after the team in their base...

The new moronic thing that's creeping in is Defend players push way too hard into the opening area of the Attackers base
Hey guys we get 60 seconds to set up a perimeter to block them at key chokepoints...
Nope let's just stay by the payload and die and run all the way back to die again one by one

It frustrating you push the defense back, yet team just getting kills till "Overtime" then they go balls to the wall, where the fuck was that hustle for the first 4 and half minutes?

This makes me wish a new, popular shooter would come out and syphon some these
people out.

Satch

Banned

idk dude, i really really try to be nice to widowmakers and hanzos in pubs because i know they get shit on by the community because everyone assumes theyre bad right off the jump, and if they listened to the haters theyd never get to play their hero. i totally and completely get that, and part of me feels bad for them for that reason. but it is infuriating to be death-spectating a teammate thats walking side to side scoped in when the payload is just waiting to be pushed

i asked that widowmaker beforehand "hey can you switch to mccree or reaper, we're having a hard time pushing and i dont think widowmaker is as useful here" and he ignored me. ok, whatever. but like come on man, at least help push the cart sometimes.

in the game right before that one, i had two hanzos on my team and one of them started spamming "we need a healer" because we couldnt push in without it. and i got on mic and was like "if you think we need a healer, then why dont you pick one??? youre one of the two hanzos on our team but of course you wont switch" and OBVIOUSLY he didnt switch, but the other one was nice enough to do so.

i just dont get it man

You can shoot people without being shot at. Fish in a barrel.

Theoretically.

Exactly. People like being able to get kills from afar without having to put themselves in danger.

I like playing Widow, but unfortunately her and Hanzo are usually the first characters to get picked so I end up choosing someone else most of the time.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
As he should lol

Why would you go for health pack when someone more important needs it.

If you steal a healthpack from your Mercy as she's healing you I think it's fair if she throat punches you.

If you steal a healthpack from your Mercy as she's healing you I think it's fair if she throat punches you.

Most randoms don't even acknowledge the existence of a Mercy/Lucio/Zen until they're about dead. Don't get me started on them actually helping you if an enemy starts attacking you. They usually let you die.
ib8nJGm.png

Zaventem

Lucio's healing isn't the problem. The speed buff is straight up bonkers.

It shouldn't be avaiable at the start of a match. It shouldn't capture points faster. It shouldn't be as effective without being amped up. As long as these points stand he'll be mandatory in any competitive team.

Well as it is currently he's the only one with that ability and unless another aoe speed buff class comes out he'll always be a staple.

idk dude, i really really try to be nice to widowmakers and hanzos in pubs because i know they get shit on by the community because everyone assumes theyre bad right off the jump, and if they listened to the haters theyd never get to play their hero. i totally and completely get that, and part of me feels bad for them for that reason. but it is infuriating to be death-spectating a teammate thats walking side to side scoped in when the payload is just waiting to be pushed

i asked that widowmaker beforehand "hey can you switch to mccree or reaper, we're having a hard time pushing and i dont think widowmaker is as useful here" and he ignored me. ok, whatever. but like come on man, at least help push the cart sometimes.

in the game right before that one, i had two hanzos on my team and one of them started spamming "we need a healer" because we couldnt push in without it. and i got on mic and was like "if you think we need a healer, then why dont you pick one??? youre one of the two hanzos on our team but of course you wont switch" and OBVIOUSLY he didnt switch, but the other one was nice enough to do so.

i just dont get it man

I mean, it's not really his job to push the cart but if he was doing his job, then you guys shouldn't be having as tough of a time getting on the cart to begin with.

Him getting on the cart will only leave your team weakened when you get back in though, which ends up contributing to you guys wiping again... so he's not really doing anything wrong in staying back, keeping his position. If enemies are up and you guys aren't, he'd die on it super fast anyway.

Satch

Banned
I mean, it's not really his job to push the card, but if he was doing his job, then you guys shouldn't be having as tough of a time getting on the cart to begin with.

Him getting on the cart will only leave your team weakened when you get back in though, which ends up contributing to you guys wiping again... so he's not really doing anything wrong in staying back, keeping his position. If enemies are up and you guys aren't, he'd die on it super fast anyway.

if only there was a function where he could change heroes at any time of the game

So, I gotta say, having played about 8 rounds or so of the weekly brawl... I suddenly have a newfound respect for D.Va. Every time she came up for me, I managed to do some serious damage. Could be because a lot of people were having Torbjorn and Widowmaker come up for them on the other side, so I could just rush in and wreck them, but I'll have to play her more often.

Oh, and thanks Blizzard for making sure that the moment I charged three enemies on Volskaya Industries with Reinhardt, knocking two of them (and myself) into the frozen water was the PotG, so everybody could see how dumb I was. :p

Owensboro

Oh cool. I know I'm not the one you quoted but could I join once I get a mic tomorrow? I don't hate playing with randoms but it can get frustrating since you cant really coordinate as a team with them.

Haha, that's great.

You can just search for it under "communities" in the PS4 friends menu. The name is somewhere in the first post (you have to quote the post to see it). Don't be afraid to start your own party either! It seems people are shy and don't want to do it for some reason. People will join! I know I always check to see if a group is running before playing a few games.

Apathy

if you go afk for even 3-5 seconds every time you respawn i fucking hate you. can people just not do that cause it fucks the team up so badly, what are these kids doing

Zaventem

Got valkyrie mercy, im so happy.

if you go afk for even 3-5 seconds every time you respawn i fucking hate you. can people just not do that cause it fucks the team up so badly, what are these kids doing

Are they actually stating they're going afk? I usually wait for healer/another teammate to reapawn over playing mr solo.

It's not like Funkos preclude the existence of other, non-Funko figures. I like the little guys, I like Hot Toys, but I can only afford one of those things :p So why not let Funko do Funko?
As far as I remember Blizzard has tended to have two options.

Funko, the low-end option. And some statues in the $300+ range.

I just want them to make some midrange stuff that will look nice.

They're on their phones. Seriously we had people much earlier in this thread complaining about not being able to tweet/snapchat/whatever between deaths/rounds.

I'm sitting here like you're here to play a damn game. Matches aren't even long like 10 minutes max.

Are people seriously blind? How the fuck do you just walk past the teleporter., does it need to be some epilectic rainbow shit so you can see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom