• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm loving the game, but as I'm leveling up the community seems to be getting more and more obnoxious. Not just to me but in general. My first 50 games or so were generally nice and friendly. The last 20 or so have had more vitriol then I can remember in a game, short of when I played Dota back in the 5.84b WC3 days.

Not just via text but people just losing their shit over the mic, it's even worse if you encounter a team who's having a bad day. I'm not soured on it yet, but if this keeps up I don't think I'll continue to invest time in it, it's just not worth it for a hobby I like to consider stress relieving.
I'm curious how well the report system works and what kind of penalties it carries.

mbpm1

Yeah, nothing against PC players, but this is the stuff I don't want to deal with...

It makes me feel old, but I just don't want to spend my day getting yelled at by people because they don't think I played a video game well enough.

Every game I get in I try my best, if I don't meet your standards, you don't get to scream at me.

It's a good thing the community is so big I suppose. I haven't encountered much of this probably bc of that.

In fact, i haven't really found many people who will talk as much as to say gg :|

Gryph

Temple of Anubis is garbage on attack.

Yeah, I feel like I get rolled on this one more than any other map...

I've been starting to use Winston for this map though, and if he can make it to the A/B point, he has a good chance to buying enough time for the team to get in the door...

mbpm1

D.va is straight trash man. We need a tank, everything else is locked in and you pick her? I've gotten to the point if it's a payload map and sombody goes D.va i'm out before the game starts.

did you ask them to not use her? Just had a game where someone picked her and someone asked them to be reinhardt and they did.

Anyone else play Torb extensively like me? I'm curious what everyone else's average armor pack numbers are. Mine are an average of 16 per game, which seems low to me.

Yawnny

Yeah, nothing against PC players, but this is the stuff I don't want to deal with...

It makes me feel old, but I just don't want to spend my day getting yelled at by people because they don't think I played a video game well enough.

Every game I get in I try my best, if I don't meet your standards, you don't get to scream at me.

Do you think this is only going to be with PC players?

On another note:
Regarding the inevitable additional heroes they'll be rolling out: Do you think they'll do any universe crossover? (ie: Tracer in Heroes of the Storm)

I'm thinking it would be cool to have the sniper from SC2 as the sniper healer everyone seems to want.

Temple of anubis is so good.
I recently found out you can cut straight from the top of the dome window arches here with genji and its so damn great getting on top of and behind enemies
xKlvlqX.jpg

nahlakhai

Muting on PS4 is kind of annoying, unless I'm doing something wrong. You have to press start, go to Social, then R1 over to your current team and then mute. Can't do it from the scoreboard.

Gator86

Temple of Anubis is garbage on attack.

Yup, pure fucking misery. All the teams I've seen recently go Reinhardt, Bastion, Symmetra, Mercy, and Torb with a Junkrat or McCree. Infinite turrets and sentries you can't hit because of the shield. If you try to flank around you still get shredded by turrets and McCree flash combo or Junkrat trap/mine combo.

Gryph

Do you think this is only going to be with PC players?

On another note:
Regarding the inevitable additional heroes they'll be rolling out: Do you think they'll do any universe crossover? (ie: Tracer in Heroes of the Storm)

I'm thinking it would be cool to have the sniper from SC2 as the support healer everyone seems to want.

I mean, I think that there are of course PS4 players who will be toxic, but I feel like people are less likely to have mics, and they can't type offensive things into a chat box, so it'll be less toxic than the PC community for sure...

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but the PS4 demographics seem skewed more towards chill / casual players than the PC does...

Of course, T-Pain plays on PC, and he seems super chill...

LAM09

Muting on PS4 is kind of annoying, unless I'm doing something wrong. You have to press start, go to Social, then R1 over to your current team and then mute. Can't do it from the scoreboard.

It's a pain. I hope they release a patch to make it more straightforward.

Flintty

I've never really had any problems with Mcree but it appears that his secret is out now as every single one I have come across has fucking owned me. I need a break from the game cos I'm being put against seriously good teams and getting dicked. The rage is real.

ekim

D.va should not be the team's only tank, but she's great if she's being played correctly.

On attack she is great dealing with turrets. But yeah, the close range make her a little bit tricky to play. But her ultimate is great for zoning. Won quite a few payload matches due to this.

MUnited83

For you.
I mean, I think that there are of course PS4 players who will be toxic, but I feel like people are less likely to have mics, and they can't type offensive things into a chat box, so it'll be less toxic than the PC community for sure...

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but the PS4 demographics seem skewed more towards chill / casual players than the PC does...

Of course, T-Pain plays on PC, and he seems super chill...
Every single PS4 player has a mic though. (Doesn't mean they use it, but they do have it). I've spent over 30 hours with the PC version and haven't stumbled ibto anyone using in-game voice chat yet.

Mr.Mike

I'm at 50/50%. 28 matches won, 28 lost.

The Quick Play mode does have a hidden ranking/elo system right? Everyone should be heading towards 50/50 I guess.

Every single PS4 player has a mic though. (Doesn't mean they use it, but they do have it). I've spent over 30 hours with the PC version and haven't stumbled ibto anyone using in-game voice chat yet.

People don't seem to talk much at all in pub game, which I actually much prefer to the nonsense going on back over in CSGO. Maybe once the Competitive mode comes around they're will be more chit chat, but also then Quick Play will probably be even more chill.

oh god thread moves too fast help

The only way I got this was playing a joke match as 6 Winstons vs 6 Symmetras. I can't imagine getting this in a normal match because I can't see a person playing Symmetra long enough to get up 3 teleporters without switching to another character.

I've definitely gotten three teleporters up as Symmetra before. I think I even managed to do it while shutting out a team on Hanamura, but I might be misremembering that. It's definitely easy to do on Anubis, since it's pretty easy to defend the second objective and you might as well put up a teleporter even if it doesn't save that much time. Conversely, it would also be an easy map to get the achievement on, since that second objective doesn't exactly leave a lot of good places for teleporters.

I agree, though, you're never going to get that achievement intentionally. I feel like most of the achievements are like that.

Ramirez

I just think the game should come down to singular hero team comps. I seem to be in the minority on this, which is really surprising to me. It's not even an opponent thing always, I've seen many PUGs I que with ruin any chance of us winning by picking multiple of a hero.

Demoskinos

D.va is straight trash man. We need a tank, everything else is locked in and you pick her? I've gotten to the point if it's a payload map and sombody goes D.va i'm out before the game starts.

As someone who has the most most played time with her in my 50-60 ish hours of OW Play I can't agree at all. She is fine at what she does most people are just trash at playing her.

Astral

Yeah D.Va is definitely at her best when there's another tank taking all the hits while she flies around annoying people. And she's so, SO good with a Widowmaker on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom