• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducktail

I just really can't get over the choice of allowing a hero to be selected more than once, it's just so dumb to me and makes zero sense.

I had a 5 Dwarves and 1 Reaper group as Defense and 5 Winstons and Lucio as Attack. We obliterated the enemy team.

NHale

Yup, pure fucking misery. All the teams I've seen recently go Reinhardt, Bastion, Symmetra, Mercy, and Torb with a Junkrat or McCree. Infinite turrets and sentries you can't hit because of the shield. If you try to flank around you still get shredded by turrets and McCree flash combo or Junkrat trap/mine combo.

The map is great but allowing teams to have more than 1 player playing the same character makes it impossible to do good on that map on offense. If you are on defense have 2 guys play Torbjorn, 1 turret on the bridge another below and you kill 80% of the guys trying to push. Put a Reinhardt defending while Torbjorns repair turrets.

B is even easier because you get to defend behind the walls on B with the turrets that kill everything that tries to go airborne like Pharah. Thn if you have Symmetra on the ground it's game over.

As someone that likes to play with Torbjorn they seriously need to nerf the turret. Maybe a bigger slowdown to get Turret to level 2 after one is destroyed. I can get another up 20 seconds later at level 2. At the same time I fear they start tweaking the game too much, 21 characters seems to much to balance, for example I always saw Bastion as something to nerf but now clearly not because you need something that can demolish Reinhardt shield quickly. That shield can push a payload if you allow it time to recharge.

Kyoufu

#RemoveWidowmakerandHanzofromthegame
and Mei too

But Hanzo is my favourite!

Got this skin last night after buying 250 loot boxes. Best skin in the game.

SAL3Afd.jpg

I will say I see less Widowmaker cards than any other hero at the end of a match. I don't know if it's because it's hard to get one as her or if nobody is any good with her.

Mr.Mike

What sensitivity do people play at? Right now I'm at 5 in-game with 500 dpi on my mouse. (And also 75% sens on Widowmakers scope).

Its impossible to not play Lucio every round.

The benefit of being able to team fight constantly while eroding the other team in a battle of attrition......that's literally the best ability in the game.

The real MVP.

Ramirez

I had a 5 Dwarves and 1 Reaper group as Defense and 5 Winstons and Lucio as Attack. We obliterated the enemy team.

It doesn't always work out, I never said it did.

You never played TF2, right?

I have, not sure what that has to do with my opinion on this. Different games...

I mean, best I can hope for is a playlist that prevents it, I see nothing wrong with options.

Onemic

I will say I see less Widowmaker cards than any other hero at the end of a match. I don't know if it's because it's hard to get one as her or if nobody is any good with her.

Her and Hanzo dont tend to show up. I feel like it's because they're elimination based and unless you're racking up tons of eliminations it's hard to get a card based on that alone.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I just love playing D.VA. character got everything.
And it feels so good to kill a widowmaker who shot you out of your mecha. They never expect you to hit them from a distance with your pistols lol.

Danj

But Hanzo is my favourite!

Got this skin last night after buying 250 loot boxes. Best skin in the game.

who the hell buys 250 loot boxes... is that how many you have to buy to get good drops?? does this not have a Pity Counter like Hearthstone does? (Hearthstone guarantees you one legendary every 40 packs)

ekim

Sometimes I really think some of the Widowmakers on PC are cheating. It's just seems so impossible what some people can pull off. I don't know man.

Regarding dVA. She is great at taunting other players and distract them from the objective while the team can go in. Without her mech lots of people ignore her and her Mech call ult charges pretty fast. You can do a lot for your team with her.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just think the game should come down to singular hero team comps. I seem to be in the minority on this, which is really surprising to me. It's not even an opponent thing always, I've seen many PUGs I que with ruin any chance of us winning by picking multiple of a hero.

Torb stacks bother me a lot...not fun at all even if you manage to win.

Haven't really seen much else on that level atleast. Though we tried an all soldier match last night and won pretty convincingly on payload.

I'd imagine stacks are here to stay though. Blizzard seems to like it and back from beta nerfed winston's shield specifically because of the power with multiples. That's gotta make balancing a nightmare.

Yawnny

I mean, I think that there are of course PS4 players who will be toxic, but I feel like people are less likely to have mics, and they can't type offensive things into a chat box, so it'll be less toxic than the PC community for sure...

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but the PS4 demographics seem skewed more towards chill / casual players than the PC does...

Of course, T-Pain plays on PC, and he seems super chill...

You have a good point, and I do agree with you.

It's hard to escape the cesspool that is the community around competitive PC games.

ie: every time I think I want to get back in to CS:GO, I'll join a quick deathmatch, hear the utterly cruel, unusual, terribly racist, sexist, racial, shaming, mean and disrespectful no-hope-for-human-kind, chatter from the delinquents.. And then I quite the game.

Here's hoping Overwatch is at least a little better than the average shit stew you and I have experienced.

This is why I'm glad I have actual friends I can play with, leading to a marginally better experience.

EDIT: Not saying you don't have actual friends. Just an inner thought.

Killed the enemy Mercy twice with Winston on Numbani.

This is the greatest feeling in the world.

Winston's sometimes tricky to play. Always be moving and watch your health bar

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
who the hell buys 250 loot boxes... is that how many you have to buy to get good drops?? does this not have a Pity Counter like Hearthstone does? (Hearthstone guarantees you one legendary every 40 packs)
Maybe kyoufu just has the money and wanted to support the game? I mean who are we to judge him/her :D?
And it seems to have a pity counter.

Kyoufu

...But you could have bought that skin separate? You have like 12000 coins?! lol

I opened 250 and got a lot good stuff, but none of them were the Okami skin so yeah, I used the currency that accumulated to buy it in the end.

Around 1 in 8 or so boxes provided a legendary of some sort.

Gurrry

That website is great! I am 83 global with Zarya lol

Damn thats awesome!

Idk how you guys are getting into the top 100 and staying there. Mine is constantly fluctuating between 300-200. I might even go ham for 10 games and never lose, and ill stll drop in ranks.

DrArchon

PotG with Reinhardt just now on Lijiang Tower. Charged 3 guys off the edge of the stage in a fantastic suicide move to clear the objective. Got 9 votes after the match for all my environment kills.

Too bad the PotG clip doesn't last long, or it would've seen me do the EXACT SAME THING AGAIN right after walking back there ('cept with an ult to stun them beforehand). God it feels so good when you're on point with Reinhardt and you're charging people off of maps to your death.

Ramirez

Torb stacks bother me a lot...not fun at all even if you manage to win.

Haven't really seen much else on that level atleast. Though we tried an all soldier match last night and won pretty convincingly on payload.

I'd imagine stacks are here to stay though. Blizzard seems to like it and back from beta nerfed winston's shield specifically because of the power with multiples. That's gotta make balancing a nightmare.

We went up against a 2 Lucio team earlier that was pretty miserable. But yea, the turrets are obviously the biggest problem with the stacking, IMO. There's just nothing fun about fighting an A.I. that instantly locks on to you even if you flank it. The design decision on not even being able to flank it blows my mind.

Onemic

Sometimes I really think some of the Widowmakers on PC are cheating. It's just seems so impossible what some people can pull off. I don't know man.

Regarding dVA. She is great at taunting other players and distract them from the objective while the team can go in. Without her mech lots of people ignore her and her Mech call ult charges pretty fast. You can do a lot for your team with her.

If you've played CS, it's very believable. It's just AWP shit.

Gryph

PotG with Reinhardt just now on Lijiang Tower. Charged 3 guys off the edge of the stage in a fantastic suicide move to clear the objective. Got 9 votes after the match for all my environment kills.

Too bad the PotG clip doesn't last long, or it would've seen me do the EXACT SAME THING AGAIN right after walking back there ('cept with an ult to stun them beforehand). God it feels so good when you're on point with Reinhardt and you're charging people off of maps to your death.

Haha, nosing people off the map with D.VA on Lijiang is one of my favorite things... I once got a Mei right before she Ice-Blocked, felt good to watch that little ice cube fly off the map...

We went up against a 2 Lucio team earlier that was pretty miserable. But yea, the turrets are obviously the biggest problem with the stacking, IMO. There's just nothing fun about fighting an A.I. that instantly locks on to you even if you flank it. The design decision on not even being able to flank it blows my mind.

Once I got up into the 30's I started to see a lot of groups running two healers, usually a Mercy and a Lucio or two Lucios... Seems to be part of the emerging pug meta...

Kyoufu

Oh and by the way, if anyone is curious, after opening 276 boxes in total the highest number of unlocks I have on a character is 34. Expect to see plenty of dupes.

Sifl

Not a fan of them on your team? Or do you like playing them instead?
Most of the time I feel like it's the equivalent of being down a person. If we need to push, unless you're doing work and massacring the other team I feel they aren't helping. They just aren't played aggressively by randoms, and there's nothing worse then you about to lose in overtime and the last person alive is a Widow/Hanzo trying to snipe people from long to midrange and not hitting anything.

kromeo

The ultimate is great for clearing out enemy base as well, hardly anyone seems to use her though

Kyoufu

Most of the time I feel like it's the equivalent of being down a person. If we need to push, unless you're doing work and massacring the other team I feel they aren't helping. They just aren't played aggressively by randoms, and there's nothing worse then you about to lose in overtime and the last person alive is a Widow/Hanzo trying to snipe people from long to midrange and not hitting anything.

Fair enough, but you're down a person regardless of which character they play if they're not good at using him/her.

As Hanzo I am a serial killer and my wolves eat anyone trying to push the payload :D

Hex

Banned
I try to give the healer or tank of my team a vote unless someone went crazy on eliminations or kill streaks. Obviously people don't do the same for me :(

Same.
A good healer will always get my votes, seconded by a good tank/support. Kills do not impress me unless they were clutch to break a line or swing things.

This game is making me appreciate how great the ps4 community feature is, super easy to find games with GAF members who actually communicate and play well balanced teams.

shiba5

It definitely does. Appreciate the input. I'm sure there will be a bad egg every once in a while, but if the community as a whole is bad, I'm not playing this game. Like another poster said, my time is limited and I'm looking for a fun pick up and play game. Are other players easily muted?

PS4 has been awesome so far. I ran into one kid discussing his farts in a lobby once, but I just nope'd out of there and joined another group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom