• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaventem

D.va is straight trash man. We need a tank, everything else is locked in and you pick her? I've gotten to the point if it's a payload map and sombody goes D.va i'm out before the game starts.

Ken

D.va is straight trash man. We need a tank, everything else is locked in and you pick her? I've gotten to the point if it's a payload map and sombody goes D.va i'm out before the game starts.

Nothing is locked in though lol.

Also can't deny people their quick match waifus.

Ferrio

Banned
Disguising would be a little off I feel with so many characters having really unique movement options. I mean, would there be a point to it when pretty much everyone has a different way to move around? I'd be very suspicious of any Winston that isn't leaping, Tracer that isn't blinking, Genji that isn't double jumping/wall climbing, Widowmaker that isn't grappling, etc.

Cloaking would be fine though and I'm very surprised that no one can do that already, even if it was just a partial cloak and not full 100% invisibility.

Tracer already fills the spy role too. Teleportation that gets her behind enemy lines and an attack that's perfect against stationary targets like turrets.

73C1770E921415DD20FA7535924EECCBD23ED39E
So I started my last game as soldier 76 when my teammates kindly asked me to check the time because I hadn't noticed it was high noon, worry not as I fixed that before setup was done.

Sorry to read this. People really need to get a grip. This is entertainment.

I know right.

To be honest this will probably be the one thing that stops me playing the game. I have two nights a week to play games, but even then I still have responsibilities that will cause me to stop playing at the drop of the hat to sort out. I just don't have the time to dedicate to learning every trick in the book. It seems the online community for this game (at least in my short time playing it) is pretty toxic already.

The matches are so short, and I personally am still having fun even when losing for it not to bother me one bit. Some people take games far too seriously.

peakish

Hah, finally got that 5 team member res as Mercy on the final objective. Just stood behind a wall as the enemy team emptied two ults, then pressed that Q hard as goddamn fuck.

fhqwhgads

Youre going to be """""stuck with shitty teams""""" as long as you keep picking him lol

Mercy and LUCIO are right there
Just because Lucio is the best character in the game doesn't mean I'm gonna pick him every time. I play to have fun, not to be a tier whore who's in constant tryhard mode.

JMZ555

I have noticed now on a few occasions when playing Pharah, if I shoot a missile just as i die the missile disappears on its way to target....

I can clearly see in replay it has left my canon but suddenly evaporates. Not sure why this should happen.

Bittercup

Play Widowmaker
Get a 20 kill streak (then die), then get a game winning Pentakill (PotG didn't record last kill) and... Don't get an epic vote.

But the losing team's Tracer did...

;_; I'm not destined to get an epic vote.
http://plays.tv/video/574c8dbaed372...ghlight-ended-still-couldnt-get-an-epic-vote-
That's a cool play of the game.

I often don't understand why people vote for some cards and not others. Things like Mercy reviving the whole team a dozen times. Zero votes. Game changing play of the games, pushing the payload etc. Often gets ignored as well.
I usually wait and vote for whoever didn't get any.

Smooth As Silk achieved. ^_^
Yay, congratulation. Really tough achievement. I only got it by luck.

BigDug13

man I really wish I could make Lucio's speed song just turn on when the button is held then go back to heal song automatically when the button is released. So annoying when I forget to switch. Why is this a PC only option?

I've been accidentally playing OW to three in the morning the past few nights which is terrible to my day routine but at least it's fun (most fun I've had in gaming for a long time).

I had my first perfect setup with Zarya yesterday where I put down the graviton surge and pulled the entire team in to it off their payload. Junkrat then fired up his ultimate and drove his tire it in to the group. He gets POTG of course and I believe it auto saves to his higlight reel =( I should to check mine to be sure tho.

Tracer was one of my least favorite characters throughout the betas but her play style finally clicked this weekend. I think soon she will my most played hero.

I finally gave Roadhog a try last night and I'm finding that I do very well with him.

Also, I've noticed that a lot people have learned how to be very effective with Symmetra.

D. Va utterly shuts down shotgun (Reaper, Roadhog, Torbjorn's alt-fire) and poke-damage (Tracer, Widowmaker's rifle) characters with her incredibly high armor stat (or at the very least, makes their job much harder).

Is she a good pick? No. But if the enemy has a Reaper who's tearing through your team, there is no better Tank to contest him.

Just because Lucio is the best character in the game doesn't mean I'm gonna pick him every time. I play to have fun, not to be a tier whore who's in constant tryhard mode.

While that's a fair sentiment, Zenyatta is made of glass and has lackluster abilities (aside from his ultimate). Harmony is great if your teammates are in your sight, but it only affects one at a time (and it's slow to switch between them). Discord is excellent against enemies, but most have the brain to hop behind a wall so they're not promptly shredded.

You're in a losing battle by picking Zen, unfortunately.

Randdalf

I really like Dorado, great map for Pharah. Just went 28 eliminations with a 19 kill streak on it, so probably biasing my opinion a bit. I've still never got a play of the game though.

Rad-

Oh man the netcode and servers didn't bother me that much until I started trying out Genji. I've already made so many dashes though the enemy or to safety only to suddenly die and then in the replay I didn't apparently dash at all. Wtf?

Gryph

I meant it more that I haven't played the console version or have any experience with how the playerbase votes.

But most of the time it's the healer that gets the vote or all of one team votes the single card that has a player on their team.

That's sarcasm. It just struck me as funny after all the people talking about PC toxicity, to think that the PC players were altruistic voters....

Wat?

Satch

Banned
That's fine, but if you want to win you're going to do every scummy thing to win at all costs. People in pubs ignore their supports as a rule, so picking Zenyatta is asking to lose cuz that just amplifies the problem due to how weak he is.

Your teammates will make their way to the point eventually when they realize theyre super hard to kill with Lucio buffs. I know its frustrating to have to be that guy, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I played Lucio every game with my friends yesterday and we won every game except one... I hear Lucios music in my sleep... Oh lets break it down..... Pump up the volume... Lets get you healed up... Thisll make you feel better... But my winrate is LIT!!!!!

w0s

I know right.

To be honest this will probably be the one thing that stops me playing the game. I have two nights a week to play games, but even then I still have responsibilities that will cause me to stop playing at the drop of the hat to sort out. I just don't have the time to dedicate to learning every trick in the book. It seems the online community for this game (at least in my short time playing it) is pretty toxic already.

The matches are so short, and I personally am still having fun even when losing for it not to bother me one bit. Some people take games far too seriously.

It is almost comical. Game is out less than a week and people in chat act like everyone should know every matchup and be not just proficient but excel.

Advice time folks, got any tips for playing an offence Mei? I always feel useless when I try to use her in anything that isn't strictly defensive, I'm not sure what I'm not doing right but I could really use some help.

Mei plain struggles in some compositions and portions of maps so sometimes you just have to switch. I play a mix of flanking and moving with the team. Keeps the enemy on their toes.

- Right click is powerful and you can just spam it when facing chokepoints/turrets/snipers
- Try to take atypical routes and sneak up on the enemies
- Mercy, Genji, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Zenyatta, D.Va, Lucio are all free kills if you get close. Reindhart is also screwed if he's trying to shield and you're next to him
- Only use blizzard if you will definitely pick up two kills with it, your team can follow you up or time limit is forcing your hand
- Avoid 1v2 situations unless you get the jump on them. Nearly always will result in you dead
- If you ever see a straggler sitting on their own vs your team, put a wall behind them. They won't realise till too late. You can pick up a LOT of kills like this
- Use your invulnerability and wall to buy time if you're desperate
- Once invulnerability is on cooldown, you are almost certainly dead if outnumbered. Be wise about the way you use it

Mendrox

Good. Please stop playing the game then. D.va is straight up good.

Orcastar

Got POTG as Symmetra and the clip was just me running back to point A in King's Row after respawning and putting down a teleporter while my turrets killed three enemies somewhere else. Good times.

As I play more I keep running into some seriously toxic players. I've encountered a small handful of people now who just sit there and flame everyone and everything the whole time in the chat. Maybe I'm just having bad luck :(

selfnoise

Man, Lucio is so good. I mean, I'm a healer and I just got 16K/3D on Lijiang Tower while keeping my entire team upright. Get the jumping and the alt-fire right and you can KO just about anyone.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Any tips for unlocking the "The Path is Closed" trophy? Destroy 3 Symmetra teleporters in the same game.

How.

#How

The chances of playing against her and then being able to find her teleporter 3 times is pretty looooooooooow.

I actually got this in a normal match last night but yeah, it's super luck based(though a lot of these are). I was Genji since being a hero like that would be fairly important as he can easily get behind enemy lines, the biggest thing is the symmetra most likely needs to not switch after the first objective which this one didn't(it was on Anubis).

Wanderer5

Got POTG as Symmetra and the clip was just me running back to point A in King's Row after respawning and putting down a teleporter while my turrets killed three enemies somewhere else. Good times.

Heh I had a similar PotG with her yesterday, but with killing a Winston first, before moving on to set a teleporter while my turrets were killing people.XD

Hyun Sai

I wish there were more Tiers Whore Tryhards in PUGS, because I'm always the one having to pick Lucio when no support available.

One time, a player picked Lucio, so I decided to play another character for once. Mid match, I see we have no support at all, the moron switched. Oh whelp, back to the beat !

D.Va is great, just not as a main tank. I use her all the time, but only when there's another tank on the team. She's basically a melee assassin with a super high health pool.

saw POTG with torb just walking and hitting his turret. i don't even think it killed anyone lol

Dreavus

I don't think POTG will ever make everyone happy. I had one recently where the sniper on our team snuffed a "high noon" with a headshot, immediately turned and snuffed a "I've got you in my sights" with another headshot. Stopped two enemy ults cleanly within 10 seconds which was a huge defensive play.

Then a guy on the other team says "that got play of the game? lol smh" in what I can only assume was an unironic fashion.

It's like, oh, would you rather it be junkrat or reaper pressing Q for the billionth time? And for that person maybe that is what they want?

I still like the feature though, I think it's still got a lot of potential.

That's a cool play of the game.

I often don't understand why people vote for some cards and not others. Things like Mercy reviving the whole team a dozen times. Zero votes. Game changing play of the games, pushing the payload etc. Often gets ignored as well.
I usually wait and vote for whoever didn't get any.

Yay, congratulation. Really tough achievement. I only got it by luck.

Most of the time it seems people just "vote along team lines", as in, for their team only. You can almost always count up 6 or less votes per team colour. People seem to also like to push one to "epic!" if they can.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is there a reason Lucio can't deflect rockets with his alt-fire? My tf2 Pyro playtime keeps making me waste it on Pharaoh's.

It's not really deflect on that sense. Only Genji can really reflect attacks.

Gryph

That's a bit harsh man. I mean, if your D.VA player is sitting on your Payload like a Reinhardt then they're not doing the best they can but still...

However, if your D.VA is playing like I play D.VA, running ahead, flanking the opponent, diving in to kill their Mercy, jumping up to kill their Widowmaker, or using her Meka armor to get close enough to kill a bastion or a Torbjörn turret, you should really be more thankful to have a good disruptor to knock those choke points open for the payload to roll through...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom