• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hristi

I hate playing against a Lucio with good wallriding. The control map in Lijiang tower which has a pole in the middle, Lucio was just healing on top of the pole wallriding while my team gets clobered and didn't even notice him up there.

nbraun80

i hate the overwatch community so much

CkeezHcVAAEJCIf.jpg

technically bastion does have heal. :p

ExVicis

I'm a little surprised anyone's still talking about him. I haven't seen a really obnoxious Bastion since the beta, presumably because people are just better at countering him now.
We had a few people last thread calling for nerfs to his range and to take away his self-heal, which honestly would remove any kind of effectiveness Bastion can still cling to.

Still the truest representation of Mei's everywhere
Especially if she's on your team. If she's on your team expect her to ruin every great opportunity for a kill you ever get and at least two attempts you make to escape.

Considering you were one of the tanks why didn't you switch to Support yourself?
D.Va is a fantastic waifu, yet a terrible tank.

Considering you were one of the tanks why didn't you switch to Support yourself?

because the reinhardt was straight up bad, and d.va is a bad defensive tank. i played my role really well, why handicap the team and leave it with two awful tanks?

we ended up winning and i got potg + 4 gold medals.

i don't consider staying the role i'm the most competent on the team at on the same bad form as switching hanzo > d.va > bastion when asked if they could go support

Jams775

I'm so glad random hero mode is back. I almost stopped playing because of quick play. I'd never get a chance to play anything other than support and when I did finally get to play another hero, a team mate would tell me to go on support. But the only reason I switch because the team wasn't doing any damage.

Blah, anyways

I love how random takes all that crap out the window and you just do your best with what you get.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
trying to learning Junkrat. gets POTG. it was actually because hanzo's ult i just threw bombs into it hoping it would stick lol they need to make POTG just about something epic and not focus on one person.

First time I play reaper and junkrat as my main hero for the game I get POTG both times. It's real easy to get it with them.

mbpm1

We're about to lose point 1 of Hanamura but Symmetra lays down a teleporter at the last moment before engaging enemies and dying

I come out, see teleporter, enter and have exactly at that moment 100% for Ult for Bastion

I switch to tank mode immediately but there are a ton of them spread out everywhere on the point

At the last moment the zarya on my team comes out of the teleporter and shoots her ult allowing me to blast them to kingdom come

Good feelings

I got POTG but Symmetra or Zarya deserved it more lol

That's the thing that always make me hesitant to ask allies to swap to support. I've played matches where we had no support and won (though losses are more often the case) but when it bothers me too much I just change myself, without saying anything either way.

Support-less victories feel very liberating in a way. It generally happens when the enemy is terribly disorganised, but it feels good nonetheless.

Woo-Fu

Banned
because the reinhardt was straight up bad, and d.va is a bad defensive tank. i played my role really well, why handicap the team and leave it with two awful tanks?

we ended up winning and i got potg :p

You didn't say any of that though in what you said. People a) aren't mindreaders and b) probably wouldn't have agreed with you in the first place. You're also assuming that those players you think are bad at one hero are somehow magically good at the heroes you want them to play. Somehow I doubt it works like that.

Doesn't matter how you rate the hero, you weren't the one who wanted to play it in a pub game. Until there is ranked play you can't really expect anybody to care what you think about what heroes they pick, to be blunt.

RowdyReverb

I don't support this thread title, because I don't want to think about loot boxes and go into despair.

In all honesty though, hell yeah OT3 let's burn through this one and get to 4 already guys.

Edit: Top of the page? Better plug my favorite recent PotG so I can brag.

4038795ad4d56bb0dd8628a8176799fe.gif
Good job Zarya!

Canucked

i don't consider staying the role i'm the most competent on the team at on the same bad form as switching hanzo > d.va > bastion when asked if they could go support

Ignore everyone. Be your true Winston.

You didn't say any of that though in what you said. People a) aren't mindreaders and b) probably wouldn't have agreed with you in the first place.
If your team is lacking a role, it's pretty evident that switching to an already well filled role is stupid. I don't know what there is to disagree with that.

ExVicis

We're about to lose point 1 of Hanamura but Symmetra lays down a teleporter at the last moment before engaging enemies and dying

I come out, see teleporter, enter and have exactly at that moment 100% for Ult for Bastion

I switch to tank mode but there are a ton of them spread out everywhere on the point

At the last moment the zarya on my team comes out of the teleporter and shoots her ult allowing me to blast them to kingdom come

Good feelings

I got POTG but Symmetra or Zarya deserved it more lol
That's some magical stuff right there. Whatever allowed you guys to win that match is the same kind of magic that makes dreams come true.

TheYanger

Maybe he's better as Bastion or D.va than support. Get over yourself. A team with 1 tank 1 support is better than 2 tanks no supports, and asking HIM to switch when you just as easily could in that situation is fucking ridiculous.

mbpm1

That's some magical stuff right there. Whatever allowed you guys to win that match is the same kind of magic that makes dreams come true.

What was great was that she went to the right side of the point while I approached from the back

What I think happened was that enemies saw her first, naturally moving and spreading out to counter her outside of beam range on the far wall on the left

This left them in the right spot for her to ult while I emerged and was in the right spot to take advantage of this position

And it all took place without communication at all

A golden moment

Maybe he's better as Bastion or D.va than support. Get over yourself. A team with 1 tank 1 support is better than 2 tanks no supports, and asking HIM to switch when you just as easily could in that situation is fucking ridiculous.

this is ridiculous. get over myself? chill out. i stayed as tank because, as i've said before, multiple times, the other tanks were not good. two shitty tanks and a mediocre healer if i switch, versus a good tank, a mediocre tank, and a healer of unknown quality seems like a far better choice to me

Woo-Fu

Banned
If your team is lacking a role, it's pretty evident that switching to an already well filled role is stupid. I don't know what there is to disagree with that.

There is plenty to disagree with since hero stacking isn't inherently bad and is quite common in comp play.

What some of you seem to be missing is that most people play the game to have fun. Most of those people who play the game to have fun? Evidently they don't enjoy playing Support. If they did this would never be an issue, right? So why should they play what you want instead of what they want? I mean it is their $40-$60, right? When you pay for my copy of Overwatch you can have a say in what heroes I play. Until then you just look selfish trying to get other people to play the boring role so you have fun at the non-boring role.

Because that player just switched, thus suggesting they're in a position to switch again, as opposed to most of the rest of the team, which is... like, doing stuff.

And when they die they can switch to what they feel is needed. If they're not dying then obviously they don't need to switch, right?

Considering you were one of the tanks why didn't you switch to Support yourself? I mean from that screenshot you're as big a part of the problem as the player you're talking about.

Because that player just switched, thus suggesting they're in a position to switch again, as opposed to most of the rest of the team, which is... like, doing stuff.

TheYanger

this is ridiculous. get over myself? chill out. i stayed as tank because, as i've said before, multiple times, the other tanks were not good. two shitty tanks and a mediocre healer if i switch, versus a good tank, a mediocre tank, and a healer of unknown quality seems like a far better choice to me

If you make that decision that's fine, but you can surely see how coming and bitching about other people not doing THE EXACT SAME THING AS YOU looks fucking ridiculous right? So yes, get over yourself.

If you were the only tank it would be one thing, but you weren't.

There were already two tanks the entire time. The D.va switch was a third tank. I think asking them is appropriate, but you also need to be willing to switch yourself when you're part o the problem (remaining on a second tank with no support).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I find mei to be the best hero to solo carry a payload as other fuckwit teammate go play COD elsewhere in the map.

You're still going to lose because well, solo carrying is damn near impossible, but I've taken it further than I though I would most of the time!

She's like a better tank than 3 of the actual tanks in the game. :lol

Jams775

Maybe they need better incentives to play support in quick play. I was getting depressed playing hours of Lucio and Mercy because no one else would.

Savitar

Mei has been the biggest insufferable player to contend with lately. She's so good at freezing you and then giving you a severe case of brain freeze. Sure you run into some that are not so good with her....but man some are just brutal with her.

mbpm1

Mei has been the biggest insufferable player to contend with lately. She's so good at freezing you and then giving you a severe case of brain freeze. Sure you run into some that are not so good with her....but man some are just brutal with her.

If the Mei is good at her right click too (without freezing) you're in for fun times

Canucked

I find mei to be the best hero to solo carry a payload as other fuckwit teammate go play COD elsewhere in the map.

You're still going to lose because well, solo carrying is damn near impossible, but I've taken it further than I though I would most of the time!

She's like a better tank than 3 of the actual tanks in the game. :lol

Because I see that snowsuit and I fucking walk away. She can be someone else's problem.

If you make that decision that's fine, but you can surely see how coming and bitching about other people not doing THE EXACT SAME THING AS YOU looks fucking ridiculous right? So yes, get over yourself.

If you were the only tank it would be one thing, but you weren't.

There were already two tanks the entire time. The D.va switch was a third tank. I think asking them is appropriate, but you also need to be willing to switch yourself when you're part o the problem (remaining on a second tank with no support).

again, you're trying way too hard to make this into a personal issue. you come out of the woodwork screaming get over yourself, and for what? because i posted a picture of chat of someone who i ask to switch immediately after they switched to an already filled role to... another role that had a symmetra in it?

god, i'm starting to think YOU'RE rose lmao

anyways, if you wanna continue this argument, discussion, whatever, feel free to PM me so we don't clutter up the thread :)

Apathy

We had a few people last thread calling for nerfs to his range and to take away his self-heal, which honestly would remove any kind of effectiveness Bastion can still cling to.

Especially if she's on your team. If she's on your team expect her to ruin every great opportunity for a kill you ever get and at least two attempts you make to escape.

If vaderise makes more cards, one for Mei should be "at the start of every turn, 50% chance to give your opponent a 0/4 ice wall"

What was great was that she went to the right side of the point while I approached from the back

What I think happened was that enemies saw her first, naturally moving and spreading out to counter her on the far wall on the left

This left them in the right spot for her to ult while I emerged and was in the right spot to take advantage of this position

And it all took place without communication at all

A golden moment

Had a moment like that as Pharah with Zarya. She hit the "my ultimate is ready" button, and I did the same, hoping beyond hope that the other player would understand the message.

They did, and I arrived into the fray just in time for Zarya to hit her ult. Launch up, justice raining from above, and half the enemy team wiped out just before the final push of the payload to win. Most times pub matches are terrible, but sometimes it just works out.

Exile20

Isn't that the same with every hero? A widowmaker pro makes you not even want to leave spawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom