• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDug13

The thing I have to learn is how to time his ult. I have the same problem with Lucio. I generally try to keep it and use it when we're pushing or when the enemy team is bunching up on us, but sometimes I mistime it quite a bit.

Other than that, just keeping the orbs deployed (especially the heal orb) and being conscious about it. I do enjoy being able to actually kill things reliably tho. Since my other most played heroes are Mercy, Lucio, Reinhardt and Winston. They all do okay damage but generally they're not really made for it.

With the new Ana ult, seems like that's the time to use it. when an enemy gets buffed to destroy, you can negate all their non-ult damage and even ult damage from heroes like Roadhog. Honestly Roadhog is going to have some problems with that heal debuffing grenade and more zenyatta on the battlefield. DVA is one of the top tanks now and Reinhardt got even more buffed due to how good Ana is with him. Might see very little of Roadhog when this goes live. If they miss their hook on me when I play Zen, they're pretty much dead.

A lot of console players on Reddit are also reporting this being fixed, so they may have pushed it to console already too.

This is what I've been waiting for before I get back into Ranked.

Yeah, I've been avoiding it, as well.

I lost 3 ranks around my second night of playing. Since that time, I have a handful of more losses but about 15 more wins.

It took that just to get back to the rank I started with.

I hate leavers in Competetive, I hate them in Quick Play, I hate them in Brawl. I'd like to see the penalty become way, way more steep than it is for every single mode.

This isn't DOTA where you need 40 minutes on the low end of a balanced game to complete. If you can't finish a 5-10 minute match, don't queue. If you can't handle the fact of life that is playing in occasionally lopsided matches, don't queue.

finalflame

Playing mostly support characters, I concur. It's especially bad if you don't have teammates who look out for the supports. I've been getting picked off by Tracers literally just camping around to kill specifically me so often when playing Mercy, Lucio and even Zenyatta today (though in the latter case, I often at least put up a fight and it's 50:50 whether I get murdered horribly or not lol).

A good Tracer is the bane of my existence.

Agreed. Which is why it's extra satisfying to hook/1-combo then as Roadhog ;p

I carried a few teams with Winston today. I finally got him. I understand now.

So good.

Now if only I could play Mei... she's another one of those heroes I want to be good with :(

Could you elaborate? I have a pretty hard time being effective as Winston ;/

AngryMoth

Got ranked 56 after my placement matches. Lost 6 in a row since then and down to 50 lol. I feel like I've generally been contributing more than most to the team effort but there comes a point where you have to question if you are the weak link haha

Prelude.

Could you elaborate? I have a pretty hard time being effective as Winston ;/
Winston's playstyle is embedded in his character. Jump in from out of nowhere, make a mess while everyone's confused, jump away, heal, repeat. Guerrilla-style.
He's a gorilla, that's what I'm saying.

Chance

Winston's playstyle is embedded in his character. Jump in from out of nowhere, make a mess while everyone's confused, jump away, heal, repeat. Guerrilla-style.

Yeppa. A good Winston gets behind your team or hangs back until the precise moment you engage the enemy team. Then it's suddenly monkey business and you're gettin' it from all sides.

Yeppa. A good Winston gets behind your team or hangs back until the precise moment you engage the enemy team. Then it's suddenly monkey business and you're gettin' it from all sides.

I'll keep this in mind next time I use him. His jump ability damages enemies, right? How do you know if you successfully land it? How much damage does it do?

Ramirez

Anyone reach the 60's in competitive going solo? I hit 55 using Lucio, exclusively. Is that decent?

I've hit 70 solo...it's all luck, IMO. Some days I get on the good teams and win a bunch, and other days I get on teams of people who pick double Genji and refuse to change no matter if it's working or not. You would think once you hit 70, you might stop running into people who use Symmetra/Torb/Snipers on KOTH, but...nope.

It's also astonishing how many times I'll look at the scoreboard and see that we have no tank, and I'm usually playing Lucio/Mercy when this happens, so my hands are tied to fixing the situation, lol. Gee, why can't we push in, oh, we have no fucking tank, great. I'm convinced that some people don't even know the touchpad brings up the current team comp, only way I can explain some of the stuff I see.

So wait, Dva's Defense Matrix buff makes her really good now? Awesome.

Been playing as Dva a lot, and while I touched on her in the PTR I didn't experiment too much, was busy playing Ana.

I dunno, I've seen plenty of teams with 2-3 Hanzos (and/or Widows when she was still OP), even on attack, so there's still a lot of stacking. Also seen several double Pharahs and Tracers as well lately.

Double Tracers is awesome. Just had a game where I went double Tracer with a random and we both ended up with 60+ elims. The enemy team Reinhardt was bamboozled the whole game lol

BigDug13

Ana playing point blank range with a Reinhardt is pretty ridiculous with healing in some situations. Shit hits the fan, throw a grenade into the fray hitting Reinhardt (and hopefully enemies and yourself if you're hurt) while spamming bullets into his back as he sweeps his hammer across the enemy team. 160 health per second and crazy ult building for both of you. I know it's a sniper rifle and all, but she's a fantastic healer in the fray with hipfire. Really makes her versatile in many situations.

LiK

Mercy damage boost was already very good. I get boosted as Junkrat and I can kill so many guys. There was no need to buff it. People just don't use it as often as her heal, imo.

BigDug13

But why? 30% Damage Boost was already strong enough. And it wasn't to compensate her longer ult charge, because her ult still charges ridiculously fast.

Their main concern was the fact that Mercy as a class has the lowest win percentage rate in the game, yet is the most popular pick for players overall. They feel like she needs something and hopefully the "res on the move" buff will be enough now that damage buff is returning to 30% range. They were also concerned that if it was a choice between Mercy using her pistol or giving a 30% buff, it was often better for her to use her pistol instead of even using the buff and now that has returned as a dilemma. (Still really depends on the player she's buffing and how good they are so for real tournaments, she won't be pistoling in lieu of buffing)

Wanderer5

But why? 30% Damage Boost was already strong enough. And it wasn't to compensate her longer ult charge, because her ult still charges ridiculously fast.

I just going by Blizz's reason for the buff and what it was like in the beta before it was nerf.

Yes I know it wasn't due to her Ult, because I told someone that here yesterday.:p

we're Blizzard and we don't know how to balance games. I'm really really not surprised.

Zenyatta now is ridiculous. triple support meta incoming

This seems incredibly unfair.

They had an idea, threw it on the test realm, and decided it wasn't worth it.

I mean, what more do you want form them here?

I just going by Blizz's reason for the buff and what it was like in the beta before it was nerf.

Yes I know it wasn't due to her Ult, because I told someone that here yesterday.:p

I think in one of those patch note interviews, the guy said something about how he didn't like how Mercy's were choosing their own pistol over damage buffing an ally. So they wanted to encourage more damage buffing.

Animator

I think they can lower the speed/dmg reduction buff from Ana's ult a little.

Other than that I wish they pushed her to live servers already because she is all I want to play.

Apparently McCree is insane again post-buff.

He never was bad after the nerf, just not as good.
The thing is, before the nerf, he was braindead as fuck, because you could just fan the hammer and kill most of the cast ez pz.

With the upcoming buff, they're emphasizing and rewarding skilled play with McCree instead of dumb spamming the right mouse button.

...here's hoping they're going to elegantly work around this problem with Hanzo as well.

Just had a second victory where the opposing team had two people leave when we switched sides after pushing payload to the end and got full win credit.

On PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom