• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDCowboy

Just played another round. For most of it, we couldn't even get out of the starting building. Needless to say, we didn't make it to the first checkpoint. I'm done. lol

What I truly don't get is why, just by odd's-sake, I never get stuck on the vastly superior team. I mean, if matchmaking is making lopsided (in skill) teams, that's one thing. But you'd think, just but the laws of chance, that I would get stuck on the overwhelmingly better team once in a while. But apparently not. :p

BigDug13

2 DVA's is pretty potent now too when roaming together. One concentrates on shooting whiel the other one puts up matrix as needed, then they switch when the matrix fuel is expended. Keeping each other from harm almost constantly. She might become my new main when not playing support. So much fun.

I've started playing Zenyatta a bit more too, once he clicks he's a hell of a lot of fun.

The thing I have to learn is how to time his ult. I have the same problem with Lucio. I generally try to keep it and use it when we're pushing or when the enemy team is bunching up on us, but sometimes I mistime it quite a bit.

Other than that, just keeping the orbs deployed (especially the heal orb) and being conscious about it. I do enjoy being able to actually kill things reliably tho. Since my other most played heroes are Mercy, Lucio, Reinhardt and Winston. They all do okay damage but generally they're not really made for it.

Hyun Sai

I'm also all for no hero stacking also in quickplay, I find no fun playing against that, so the relaxing casual thing is not even there.

Not to mention it would prepare new players to competitive as they are no longer guaranteed to play only character, so theyll have to diversify their arsenal.

I will also add that by removing hero stacking entirely, it would be SO MORE SIMPLE to balance the cast without thinking about this bullshit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Her defence matrix is just way too strong

It's good individually, but too strong when you can stack them.

Then again, same as rein's shield I guess.

Also holy fuck I am so glad that mercy's damage boost isn't making it out of PTR.

120 from splash damage? Fuck me.

Quonny

http://ollymoss.bigcartel.com/

ATUYYM6.png

Get on this, nerds.

Her defence matrix is just way too strong

I imagine you have to treat it like Zarya's Bubble.

You gotta know when to ignore it and let her waste the energy/cooldown, and you gotta know when to just shoot through it.

Does it burn up faster the more damage it eats? Or is it strictly a time thing?

You gotta know when to ignore it and let her waste the energy/cooldown, and you gotta know when to just shoot through it.

Timed, you can keep it up for 4 seconds straight with a full charge in the current iterarion, I believe.

Antiwhippy

It's way more versatile for actually blocking damage than bubble.

10 seconds to recharge the full 4 second shield, but you can just use a bit at a time and it's a 1 second cool down in between deployments. Works like pharah's hover.

On the flipside she can't do insane damage like zarya could.

AH AH AH I just saw that from Jeff Kaplan Q/A

All hope is lost.
That's not what Kaplan said. He basically said that while they wanted to allow it, stacking doesn't work in the current system so they are going to remove it, but it could return if they figured out a way to make it work.

Stacking in it's current form is gone for good in competitive play and I very much doubt they will ever find way to make stacking work.

Apathy

It's way more versatile for actually blocking damage than bubble.

10 seconds to recharge the full 4 second shield, but you can just use a bit at a time and it's a 1 second cool down in between deployments. Works like pharah's hover.

On the flipside she can't do insane damage like zarya could.

debatable, she can headshot. and the matrix is way stronger than zarya shields for what you mention but also the fact that the zarya shield is herself or 1 person at a time (and can sometimes be wasted on 1 person), whereas matrix can protect a whole team if necessary and based on the threat the D.va sees so the others being protected can't waste it.

Antiwhippy

debatable, she can headshot. and the matrix is way stronger than zarya shields for what you mention but also the fact that the zarya shield is herself or 1 person at a time (and can sometimes be wasted on 1 person), whereas matrix can protect a whole team if necessary and based on the threat the D.va sees so the others being protected can't waste it.

Unless you're against another Dva or roadhog 80% of your spread is not going to headshot anyone.

Also god ana + rein is super fucking annoying.

Hyun Sai

That's not what Kaplan said. He basically said that while they wanted to allow it, stacking doesn't work in the current system so they are going to remove it, but it could return if they figured out a way to make it work.

Stacking in it's current form is gone for good in competitive play and I very much doubt they will ever find way to make stacking work.

Yeah, but the fact that they "think" that it could work is baffling at best. It's like they're convinced they got the greatest idea of the century and refuse to let it go.

Wait and see...

eek5

It's a lot harder to time on PTR since she can cancel it any time and bring it up as fast as 1 second later. Even if you burn through all 4s of your "charge", after the 1s CD it recharges enough to bring it back up to at least block something.

zonezeus

Wtf, is Tracer the new Mei aka "The Noob" character everyone hates? Never really played her before, lately I've been giving her a fair spin for the past three days, 9 hours total, and goddamn she's amazing but the amount of salt she generates is through the roof, I've never encountered so much hate in Overwatch.

Wtf, is Tracer the new Mei aka "The Noob" character everyone hates? Never really played her before, lately I've been giving her a fair spin for the past three days, 9 hours total, and goddamn she's amazing but the amount of salt she generates is through the roof, I've never encountered so much hate in Overwatch.

A good Tracer is a nightmare.

When a team plays against a good Tracer and no one is willing to switch to counter that Tracer, that's where the salt comes in.

A good Tracer is a nightmare.

When a team plays against a good Tracer and no one is willing to switch to counter that Tracer, that's where the salt comes in.

This. If you don't have a good team watching the flank... she goes from annoying to god damn it kill that fucking Tracer, quick.

finalflame

Salt from teammates? Or others?

A good Tracer who knows when to go in/time her blinks/rewinds is deadly and extremely annoying to the enemy. However, most people who play tracer just keep getting slaughtered over and over again. Just an example of a character with a high skill ceiling.

I got a hate message a couple days ago saying "you trash noob, you think you're good using the easiest character in the game." I laughed so hard at that. Easiest character? If you say so, but it's not true, lol.

There's talk about Zen's HP being changed to 175 instead of 200.

Please no, just convert some of that shield to health so he can still have better survivability, but won't regen as much HP as he does in PTR right now. Plus, shouldn't his lack of mobility be enough to balance out the good DPS and health?

Or do nothing and keep him at 200HP with the 150 shield, I wouldn't mind that

zonezeus

Salt from teammates? Or others?

A good Tracer who knows when to go in/time her blinks/rewinds is deadly and extremely annoying to the enemy. However, most people who play tracer just keep getting slaughtered over and over again. Just an example of a character with a high skill ceiling.

From the red team. Looks like I'm doing my job right for a change, which makes me extremely happy because I'm horrible with every other offensive character and because of that I usually gravitate towards tanks/supports.

Antiwhippy

Btw, cryo freeze completely gets rid of ana's heal denial. It's the only self heal that does that from what I've tried.

From the red team. Looks like I'm doing my job right for a change, which makes me extremely happy because I'm horrible with every other offensive character and because of that I usually gravitate towards tanks/supports.

A good Tracer will create chaos and confusion for enemy teams. Play behind enemy lines more often than in front depending on the map, coming back to CPs when you're needed, putting a stop to the cap and causing havoc until your teammates can back you up, also if your team needs to force OT, you blink in and out of the cap, resetting the OT meter each time.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
nah, QP is for casual fun. banning stacking there would be bad. Comp is where people take it seriously so if you hate stacking, go Comp.
A dev said that class stacking is just annoying to go against and not fun, so if that's the case, then quick play is failing as being the casual fun mode when people can completely ruin a whole teams fun.

LiK

A dev said that class stacking is just annoying to go against and not fun, so if that's the case, then quick play is failing as being the casual fun mode when people can completely ruin a whole teams fun.

it doesn't happen often. people usually do it for one match and they don't bother again. the loss doesn't mean much in QP. but if they do it in Comp, it fucking sucks.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
it doesn't happen often. people usually do it for one match and they don't bother again. the loss doesn't mean much in QP. but if they do it in Comp, it fucking sucks.
I don't care about the loss, I care about it just being really unfun and a waste of time. I wouldn't care if I could quit but I can't, so I have to stick around for god knows how long.

It's never fun to be in a team doing it, it's never fun to go against it.

Btw, cryo freeze completely gets rid of ana's heal denial. It's the only self heal that does that from what I've tried.

I would imagine it works like Orb of Discord, several things can remove the debuff like Zarya Bubble, Reaper Float, Mei Ice Block, and the like.

You joke( I assume). But where else should symmetra place the portal when defending B? Still allows you to get back a second or two faster

Chances are this Symmetra just wants the achievement, but if you are actually answering, I'd say the top left balcony that faces the point, or maybe even the large healthpack room on the far right that overlooks out of bounds, packed with turrets of course.

You joke( I assume). But where else should symmetra place the portal when defending B? Still allows you to get back a second or two faster

Assuming that she put the teleporter facing the way forward, 1 second tops... Also, she could have put it somewhere where we could flank the attacking team.

But my take is that at this point you should just give up on Symmetra altogether and pick someone useful : )

I always choose Symmetra on Hanamura A if someone else doesn't, because she's a beast there. But if we lose A then I switch to another character with no second thoughts.

J Range

A lot of console players on Reddit are also reporting this being fixed, so they may have pushed it to console already too.

This is what I've been waiting for before I get back into Ranked.

I just had leavers on ps4, and it is NOT fixed. Got like a 1/15th a lvl like usual. Garbage.

Kamion

I carried a few teams with Winston today. I finally got him. I understand now.

So good.

Now if only I could play Mei... she's another one of those heroes I want to be good with :(

I dunno, I've seen plenty of teams with 2-3 Hanzos (and/or Widows when she was still OP), even on attack, so there's still a lot of stacking. Also seen several double Pharahs and Tracers as well lately.

finalflame

Yup, can confirm good Tracers make me salty :) I usually give a gentle shoutout in the form of "Wow, annoying tracer" followed by some praise post-match. An annoying enemy tracer is really, really noticeable.

Yup, can confirm good Tracers make me salty :) I usually give a gentle shoutout in the form of "Wow, annoying tracer" followed by some praise post-match. An annoying enemy tracer is really, really noticeable.

Playing mostly support characters, I concur. It's especially bad if you don't have teammates who look out for the supports. I've been getting picked off by Tracers literally just camping around to kill specifically me so often when playing Mercy, Lucio and even Zenyatta today (though in the latter case, I often at least put up a fight and it's 50:50 whether I get murdered horribly or not lol).

LiK

I don't care about the loss, I care about it just being really unfun and a waste of time. I wouldn't care if I could quit but I can't, so I have to stick around for god knows how long.

It's never fun to be in a team doing it, it's never fun to go against it.

It's fun for one match. Just a dumb thing people do. No biggie. Sometimes it's fun just to counter them and win. For one match I had last week: Enemy team went full Winstons and I destroyed them as Bastion. They switched over to all Soldiers and I switched to Junkrat and destroyed them. For some reason my team didn't bother stacking to counter (I was in a random game with one mate). I think denying a trolling team a win can be pretty fun.

I dunno, I've seen plenty of teams with 2-3 Hanzos (and/or Widows when she was still OP), even on attack, so there's still a lot of stacking. Also seen several double Pharahs and Tracers as well lately.

I haven't seen much. Double heroes doesn't change the game much. Some people just switch as soon as they start sucking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom