• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiro

Can we all discuss this most important Overwatch issue?

What does "Timing on Zenyatta's Rapid Discord achievement is more lenient" mean?

I...need to know.

Thewonandonly

Any word on when this is coming to console because all I want is to play Ana :)

Gotta go splinter cell on everyone's ass and be the tranq God!!!!!!

You will sleep if you see me

Edit: also I want to hero stacking to come soon so I don't have to play widow maker anymore because I would only play her when the other team had 3 or more turrets. But I got a 80% win rate with her :)

matmanx1

I still haven't cracked the 20 Kill Streak achievement. My highest streak was 15 or something like that. :(

I hate to admit this but I got my achievement playing Torb on Hollywood at the first defense point. Place the turret on the moving elevator and stand upstairs in the cafe for easy potshots at the incoming team.

Might be harder to pull off now because teams have wised up to the turret on the elevator trick but for a while there you could mess up a lot of teams with the turret in that location while still doing good dmg with your primary gun.

Grief.exe

It's a sleep dart, so you have to hit the person directly.

So you have to be pretty skilled with the shot then, if you when a harasser jumps you or you need to cancel an ultimate, then it's over.

I should just go full time PTR and get good with Ana and Zen, they seem to be key to the meta going forward.

Kiro

Is it bad that I'm more excited for the D.Va and Zenyatta buffs than Ana?

DVa and Zenyatta are my two most played characters (given my win percentages aren't stellar with either of them). But I'm with ya buddy. Ana will definitely get some test runs too of course.

matmanx1

So I have finally come out of my "support" shell somewhat. I've been mixing in Soldier 76 and Reaper in Quickplay games (with a dash of Pharah, although I have a lot of work to do in that area) and it has very quickly taught me one important thing: Map awareness!

As a support, I hardly ever used or investigated the flanking routes on the maps. I didn't need to and in a game, it was often a bad idea to do so since I could run in to enemy flankers and be out of position to help my own team.

But as an offence class, and especially as Reaper, you really have to know the flanking routes to be any good at the class. They are your routes of attack and your routes of escape after swooping in to cause some chaos.

The last few days have been a whole series of "A-hah!" moments as I discovered paths, nooks and crannies that I never knew existed. These maps are pretty intricate, and I have much more appreciation for their design because I finally stepped outside of my "support" comfort zone.

caesar

Banned
Koth
1.Lijiang
2.Nepal
3.Ilios

2 point
1. They are all trash but Volskaya edges it

1pt payload
1.Numbani
2.kings row
3.Hollywood

Payload
1.Gibraltar
2.Dorado

A way to get out of needing to do the .5 point, how about this?

2 points for win, 1 point for loss, 600 points for a golden gun. AKA, the McDouble.

Rad-

Weird that they nerfed Hanzo (hitboxes) without buffing anything for him. He's already one of the least played heroes. At least Mei got a nice buff in self heal -> ult charge.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Weird that they nerfed Hanzo (hitboxes) without buffing anything for him. He's already one of the least played heroes. At least Mei got a nice buff in self heal -> ult charge.

It's a weird choice. I do worry that Overwatch is going to eventually fall into WoW's arena season mentality

'This spec is just fucked. Maybe next arena it won't be. Too bad if you like this spec!'

As it stands, I don't know what purpose Hanzo has. His ult has become ridiculously niche, his damage is ok but Widowmaker is a far more consistent choice at higher levels, his area denial is nothing compared to Junkrat's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom