• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No way dude, ever single time I've done it, not just today or this week, it's like that.

Estimates otherwise have been fairly accurate.

Really? Estimates for me has been super whacky for awhile now. I definitely also stay back most of the time to vote and rate.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm for steeper punishment. This is included.

Around launch, you could get into a game and play the same people 4 matches in a row. It was seemless.

Now, people are so goddam salty all of the time to the point where they can't see a game's credits?

Spoiler tag: Fuck off. Close spoiler tag.

I don't get why it bothers you so much that someone leaves after the game is over.

Has anyone had trouble with the Waste Not, Want Not achievement on Xbox One? I got the 3 solo kills with one clip, but the 15G never popped and it still shows as locked and I even have the pixel Reaper spray from it. Will it just unlock randomly? or do I have to keep trying to do it to get it to register?

Walk out of spawn. BEEPBEEPBEEP dead from Tracer bomb. See Tracer taunting in the background.

Walk out of spawn. No Tracer. Still try to play cautious. Hear Blink being used. Ah well I'm on to your game now you can't OH YOU'RE BEHIND ME AND dead from clip drained into my head.

Walk out of spawn. See Tracer in the distance fighting a teammate. Alright maybe I can help and kill her finally. Take 2 steps, Tracer uses all 3 blinks to suddenly get behind me, dead from clip drained into my head.

All of this happened in a row. The enemy team is probably just sitting on the point laughing. LAUGHING AT WHAT A JOKE I AM!

:'(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
McCree on PTR right now is no worse than Pharah is on live right now.

Pharah's probably better due to her better viewpoint actually. Complete map control with McCree's live peashooter not able to counter her for shit.

Anne

I think it's worth mentioning that the teabagger was playing Reaper.

I once death spectated a D.Va spray the salt shaker and taunt after using her ult
they did not get POTG

I have gotten PotG, done emote to taunt, and then Winston jumped on me and killed me in the replay. Whole chat lit up with variants of "lol" from both teams, was totally worth.

Antiwhippy

Walk out of spawn. BEEPBEEPBEEP dead from Tracer bomb. See Tracer taunting in the background.

Walk out of spawn. No Tracer. Still try to play cautious. Hear Blink being used. Ah well I'm on to your game now you can't OH YOU'RE BEHIND ME AND dead from clip drained into my head.

Walk out of spawn. See Tracer in the distance fighting a teammate. Alright maybe I can help and kill her finally. Take 2 steps, Tracer uses all 3 blinks to suddenly get behind me, dead from clip drained into my head.

All of this happened in a row. The enemy team is probably just sitting on the point laughing. LAUGHING AT WHAT A JOKE I AM!

:'(

See this is why I'm willing to trade my pharah being shot out of the air by mccree for a more prominent mccree in the game because fuck tracer.

Garbage character needs to be flashbanged out of the game.

Since we're ranting about stupid ass post/inbetween game shit, can I add something? Can I please not get kicked for inactivity if I spawn into a round loss/victory on Control maps? Because the score display actually counts as "being inactive".
Today I literally spawned into a loss like that, and the round was over before I could pick a character (even if it were just "pick and play immediately", it was like a second), and then the whole in between rounds shebang started and as the next round started I got booted.

So fucking dumb.

Einchy

Overwatch definitely does not give you the time to take a piss sometimes, I usually got to hustle

Been times that I almost got kicked out before the game even started because I was tabbed out while I waited for the game to begin. I really don't think they should count that towards inactivity.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The more I mess with Bastion and look at his design and his kit the more I think the original idea was for him to be a tank. And not because of his tank ultimate.

I'd kind of dig him if his weapon did less damage but slowed the enemy down like some sort of cover fire/pin down mechanic with more HP

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I know I am not the absolute worst player in the world at rank 50 but why in the holy hell am I getting matched up against people with over 200 levels. Like, not just anyone, but a team that all have stars on them.

Meanwhile, I have 1 player who is over 200...and he decides he wants to play Zenyatta on KotH....

bkw

I think I need to start playing characters I suck at to lower my quick play MMR. I figure if I keep playing characters I'm comfortable with and do well, I'm just putting myself in a harder position to ever pick up the other characters. Play a bad Widowmaker now, and hopefully I'll start being matched against weaker targets. Right now there's just no good mode in the game to practice.

And please can we get some options for Quick Play? Sometimes I just feel like payload maps and payload maps only.

I don't get why it bothers you so much that someone leaves after the game is over.

Beyond the specific reason I mentioned, I'll add the fact that the game actually isn't over, evidenced by the penalty, and the entitlement approach and attitude that further inhibits what was and what could be a better gaming experience for everyone.

Einchy

Beyond the specific reason I mentioned, I'll add the fact that the game actually isn't over, evidenced by the penalty, and the entitlement approach and attitude that further inhibits what was and what could be a better gaming experience for everyone.

Jeff Kaplan says there's no penalty for leaving once the game is over, so, I really don't see why you think you're entitled to make everyone stay for multiple matches in the same lobby.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
On one hand, Quick Play is really killing me with the matchmaking. So much Torbjorn on attack, Widowmaker's that are doing so poorly that I never have infravision, No tanks or no heals. But it's quick play.

On the other hand, I Want to play competitive because I'd LIKE TO THINK that people will take it a little more seriously but there's a high chance people are just being people. And I don't want to play competitive as a support until the patch with Ana and Roidzilla Zenyatta because I don't like playing as Mercy or Lucio and they're my only real options as support if I'm forced into the role on competitive.

Einchy

The gulf is when you believe the game to be over.

Once I can no longer move my character and someone has won or lost, that's when it's over and it seems that's what Blizz believes, too. When do you think a game is over? When the play of the game is shown? Voting? Exp bar?

When do you think it's okay for people to leave?

Nyx

Last 8 comp matches lost, fuck this game.

It's like I'm always in the team that has 2 Hanzo's and no tank or healer while every opponent team has great team set ups.

Also, Junkrat can die in a fire.

Veelk

Banned
Zenyatta is pretty good in Lijiang Control Tower!

I mean, sure, but that's contingent on a competent team coming together around him.

This was...not...Or at the very least, the opposing team outclassed us so much in teamwork that it really made little difference. Like, do you have any idea how infuriating it is to try and clear out a room that has a Reinhardt, Lucio, Mei and Mercy securing it while a Pharah and Soldier try to murder you? I did as well as can be expected with Genji's pretty rad offensive capabilities, but between the naturally high health of Reinhardt, Lucio and Mercy providing healing, Mei trolling the game as usual, and then when I finally get some kills in, Mercy comes in to just bring them all back to life, we could have used someone with more bite than Zenny.

Davidion

Today it's: Gaf game, lose. Solo queue, lose. Go 25-5 with gold in kills, obj kills, obj time and damage done, lose.

How about just let me have one winning streak, game.

Veelk

Banned
That sounds like a pretty bad match up for genji too, honestly.

This was Mobawatch, fyi. And I did well, considering. Having jump mapped to L2 gives me extra survivability as I jump around. Given the times the entire team was trying to get me, I survived pretty well. Mei was the only one who could kill me consistently. The tradeoff is that my aiming goes to shit, so I'm just spamming shuriken, which usually hit something because the room was so crowded, but nothing consistently enough to kill. Which I wouldn't mind, because then I was buying my teammates team to come in and wreck their shit from behind and I'm building up my ultimate in the meantime. It seems like a worthwhile strategy to me, but I need a cavalry to save my ass in such instances.

Antiwhippy

This was Mobawatch, fyi. And I did well, considering. Having jump mapped to L2 gives me extra survivability as I jump around. Given the times the entire team was trying to get me, I survived pretty well. Mei was the only one who could kill me consistently. The tradeoff is that my aiming goes to shit, so I'm just spamming shuriken, which usually hit something because the room was so crowded, but nothing consistently enough to kill. Which I wouldn't mind, because then I was buying my teammates team to come in and wreck their shit from behind and I'm building up my ultimate in the meantime. It seems like a worthwhile strategy to me, but I need a cavalry to save my ass in such instances.

Fair enough, but i feel like weekly brawls tend to be generally more trying out wacky stuff.

Veelk

Banned
Fair enough, but i feel like weekly brawls tend to be generally more trying out wacky stuff.

In most cases they are. But I'm a big fan of Mobawatch.

For one, no hero stacking. Thank god.

For another, it forces you to commit to the choice you make, which I feel has resulted in players being more careful with their decisions and trying to maximize their characters utility. Sometimes you just get bad matchups you can't do anything about, but otherwise I think it's an interesting effect. I would be interested in a mode where there are a limited amount of changes you can make.

Lastly, no stat tracking. These games don't count toward the total games you play, so losing carries no penalty. I care about trying to maintain a good W/L ratio, but I don't like that I care. I don't play Comp partially for that reason, because I already feel bad whenever my W/L ratio in QP dips below 50%, even though I shouldn't. Having matches of absolute no consequence allows me to not feel guilty about failing a game because I'm trying to experiment with what works and what doesn't without it being a black mark on my record. Or it just makes me feel not guilty for failing a game period. And it makes me a lot less angry when I lose because of bad teammates. A game mode that doesn't record how you did is a major stress reliever for me, something I hadn't expected. The wins are as satisfying as always, but losses no longer hold any weight. It's a much more pleasurable way of playing imo.

If they just changed it so you could swap heroes, Mobawatch would be my official mode of play without question.

Around launch, you could get into a game and play the same people 4 matches in a row. It was seemless.

Now, people are so goddam salty all of the time to the point where they can't see a game's credits?

Once "victory" or "defeat" flashes on your screen, the game is over. People should be able to do what they want at that point.

Ramirez

Rein told me that 'Ana would have been proud of you" or something similar tonight playing Pharah. First time I'd ever heard it...hear the Soldier line all the time, lol.

Einchy

Winston Weekly Brawl where you have your ult up at all times.

Mode where Bastion sentry mode can move and is as fast as a tracer with Lucio's speedboost.

Hire me, Blizz.

Kamion

Played my morning matches and already done with Overwatch for today, that was horrible.

Played King's Row, got the payload almost to the end (then people were wrecked by Bastions) and I thought "well, we only need to defend long enough".
Team stacks 4 Torbs and 2 of them refused to switch against a 2x Pharah team. Sigh.

Torb is becoming the new Hanzo for me. Lots of "Torb mains" on console. Protip: People know how to counter you now.

Pretty sure this is about comp. The game ends anyway. I want to be able to leave right after Victory/Defeat because having to watch POTG is just a waste of time?

Son Of D

Bit late to the teabag talk but I once had a Genji kill me who then decided to teabag me. I was Junkrat. Wish I saved the clip.

vanty

I now have five legendary skins. D.va's Junker which I bought and four I've found.

Just hit level 40 and got the Explorer legendary for Winston. At level 39 I got the Bloodhardt legendary for Reinhardt. Weeks ago I got Plague Doctor for Reaper and Jester for Junkrat in the space of a few days. My combined playtime for these four characters is probably 10 minutes, 9 of that being Reinhardt when I was forced to use him since no one else would.

My balls are thoroughly broken, Blizzard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom