• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwpx

D.Va is sooooo strong now. I used to very rarely get a kill with her ult, i got 13 in one match last night. There's no way between that and her shield changes that she doesn't get toned down, right?

Kain

Also Zen is a blast now, yesterday I was using his Ult to escape and carry allies to safety at the same time, it's awesome. Those extra 50 HP help a lot to compensate for errors in positioning. Before it felt that you had to be constantly behind a barrier or hugging corners, now you can be a little bit more carefree. You still need to be careful, of course, but at least you won't get oneshot by literally everyone as soon as they see you.

And D. Va feels so good, with clever shield usage you can at last TANK. And given she is a strange tank with huge mobility you can still safely troll and flank healers and low hp chars.

The tanks in this game are great right now, each serves a purpose and each is a blast to play once you get the hang of them.

duckroll

D.Va is sooooo strong now. I used to very rarely get a kill with her ult, i got 13 in one match last night. There's no way between that and her shield changes that she doesn't get toned down, right?

I think it's more likely players will just adjust to her ult timing eventually. That's the main thing that has changed. It doesn't have more range or more damage, just a shorter timer that people aren't used to yet.

Last night I played one game as Ana. I stopped a Soldier 76 ult and a Winston ult with my sleep dart.

My teammates immediately woke them right back up.

Never again.

Oh you wake up when you get touched in sleep mode?
Yup, people need to learn that if Ana has just snoozed someone it has a 10s timer that won't end as long as it's not interrupted by the character taking damage.

That's more than enough time to sit out most ults, but just one hit will set them right back up.

fwpx

I think it's more likely players will just adjust to her ult timing eventually. That's the main thing that has changed. It doesn't have more range or more damage, just a shorter timer that people aren't used to yet.

Thats true, but man you get absolutely no time to react with most maps.

However, Zenyatta's Orb of Discord does not count as a hit for the purpose of Ana's sleep dart. Basically if Ana sleeps someone, Zenyatta can walk up, put Discord on the sleeper and charge up his right click to headshot. :D

Mendrox

She's like...what she was supposed to be now. Not sooo strong, but just right and viable now. Just a few more hours of work and I will hunt people down even faster and finally safer <3

Edit: Also her ultimate not killing her is too funny. Loved doing her ultimate on the ptr and just killing everyone with my pistol, because everyone tries to hide.

Ayumi

Worst game ever, had a team of players from rank 14 to 40. ALL my teammates left, so I was all by myself (needless to say, I lost). What a waste though.. Although the 1vs6 was pretty fun. I almost got the objective because they were too busy hanging out in the spawn zone.

She's like...what she was supposed to be now. Not sooo strong, but just right and viable now. Just a few more hours of work and I will hunt people down even faster and finally safer <3

Edit: Also her ultimate not killing her is too funny. Loved doing her ultimate on the ptr and just killing everyone with my pistol, because everyone tries to hide.
I agree. DVas ult before was just kind of meh area denial, like a crappy version of Mei's. This makes it dangerous.

PatjuhR

I love it when good switches happen.

KOTH and we got 2-0 down. A bunch of switches happened and we won easy 3-2. Just with all randoms aswell.

DrArchon

Had a chance to play some with the new patch last night. Only played Zenyatta, but still had a blast. Faster travel time on orbs is amazing, and it led to a lot more assists with discord. Extra health is great too, though having it be 50 HP and 150 shields might be too good right now.

Every match had at least one D.Va in it, as well as one Ana, but the D.Vas were doing way better than the Anas. Zenyatta makes her ult so much worse seeing as the discord orb lets you really put down boosted characters quickly.

Great patch so far, but I'm not great at the game and I only played 3 matches.

Ayumi

That leave penality is not fixed! We were leading 4-0 when the whole other team left, and the ranking only went up by less than a CM....

Drewfonse

Worst game ever, had a team of players from rank 14 to 40. ALL my teammates left, so I was all by myself (needless to say, I lost). What a waste though.. Although the 1vs6 was pretty fun. I almost got the objective because they were too busy hanging out in the spawn zone.

Err...git gud?

I had a 1v6 on Lijiang. Played as Winston and electrocuted the fuck out of the lined up team, right outside of the spawn room. Literally charged my ultimate in 5 secs. Jumped out, monkey business, game ends right as my ultimate dies. I laughed.

BigDug13

Well it's kinda like reacting to high noon right? Instead of waiting for it to happen, the team just has to be more aware of the Dva in play.

You can sleep or kill a high noon. You can sleep or kill a soldier or genji or Roadhog or Winston ult. You can kill a tire. DVa's ult becomes one of the best unstoppable ults in the game now.

NotLiquid

Cnz9vUrXgAQy90G.jpg

Running into those Zenyatta players post-patch

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goddamn Dva + reaper is a beastly combo.

It's like zarya + reaper except that you can protect reaper all the time as he keeps going on reaping.

So many whole hogs and barrages. I'm so full from eating all these ULTS.

I love Tranquility; it's like a counterspell for ultimates. Although I must admit that I sometimes instinctively use it selfishly to save my own ass when a teamfight starts to go sideways. I need to stop doing that.

Whoever said you get a legendary every 10 levels was a liar. No legendary in both my level 20 and my level 21 boxes. :p

I was told its every 25 levels

In my venture from 1-100 I got 6 Legendary skins and 4 Legendary coins, so roughly 1 Legendary every 10 levels.

However, in my venture from 101-170, I've gotten 2 Legendary skins, and 1 Legendary coin.

I don't know why, but my loot went to shit.

What sucks even more is the 2 Legendaries I got were duplicates.

Antiwhippy

Also I think ana can do some work as a serious support work. You just have to actually play her as support. Had a great game where my constant burst healing + nano basically rolled over the other team on defense.

Bydobob

The power of psychology. I thought McCree's buff came in yesterday and had my best matches with him. Looking forward to trying him tonight with placebo removed.

As a D'Va with a high success rate I'm surprised at the buffs she's been given. Her two lives and rapid mech recharge allowed her to last for ages in the right hands. I never thought DM was her main focal point either, her boosters got her out of a lot of trouble.

Glad about the Zen buff and Ana introduction though. Support has just become a lot less predictable.

LiK

1 star doesn't mean "easy to master", 1 star literally means "easy to use in basic capacity". That describes Rein to a tee. Even a terrible player (like me!) given the patience and a small amount of practice, can function decently as Rein in the basic capacity. You shield your team as you approach contested positions, you use your projectile once in a while, you charge if you need to sweep enemies out of the way, etc. Basically WYSIWYG, you press a button and it does that function, and most of the functions are singular in purpose.

I suck with Reinhardt and I'm good with everyone else. 3 stars for me!

peakish

play zarya and melt her.
I really like the Dva vs Zarya matchup right now, at least in theory. It's that much easier for a Dva to block a Zarya ult either in transit or after it lands, but Zarya's beam penetrates her field so they sort of counter each other. I've had a game with me on the Zarya side of this and it was really fun to chase them away with my beam. Combo'd really well with a Mei freezing them at the same time. Had to hold onto my ult until their mech was down though. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out after a couple of weeks.

Edit: Btw, since Blizzard are talking a lot about how skill ratings form a pretty much perfect Bell curve I wonder if they'll start showing where we place on it as our rating in the future. Would look kind of neat and properly show what the number represents which they don't think the number itself does.

Or maybe I just like Bell curves.

In my venture from 1-100 I got 6 Legendary skins and 4 Legendary coins, so roughly 1 Legendary every 10 levels.

However, in my venture from 101-170, I've gotten 2 Legendary skins, and 1 Legendary coin.

I don't know why, but my loot went to shit.

What sucks even more is the 2 Legendaries I got were duplicates.

Was any of them Gothic Zarya? If no, then you do not deserve to cry, as it is my only Legendary so far. :p

Antiwhippy

OMG now that I can be in a team that isn't 4 anas she is so much fun.

Her burst healing is super strong. Like, kinda ridiculous honestly. You can top up tanks faster than mercy. Also scoped healing has it's uses, but I'm pretty close behind my team 90% of the time. Scoped healing is good to heal that flanker causing havoc behind enemy lines though.

Also nana boost is bananas. It builds up super fast too when you're constantly healing.

I really like the Dva vs Zarya matchup right now, at least in theory. It's that much easier for a Dva to block a Zarya ult either in transit or after it lands, but Zarya's beam penetrates her field so they sort of counter each other. I've had a game with me on the Zarya side of this and it was really fun to chase them away with my beam. Combo'd really well with a Mei freezing them at the same time. Had to hold onto my ult until their mech was down though. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out after a couple of weeks.
same, I think it's a really good matchup atm. it's so satisfying to take down the DVa who thinks that she is invuln cus she has her defense matrix up. It also causes many of them to panic in my experience :p

Antiwhippy

Haven't been able to crack 6000 yet healing with ana, but that's because her matches tend to go ridiculously fast. Might change later on, but nano boost is just so good at pushing the line. Don't think I've played her on defense yet though, but I think she might be the go to secondary (or even primary) healer for attacking groups.

Haven't been able to crack 6000 yet healing with ana, but that's because her matches tend to go ridiculously fast. Might change later on, but nano boost is just so good at pushing the line. Don't think I've played her on defense yet though, but I think she might be the go to secondary (or even primary) healer for attacking groups.

I don't have a good feel for when to pop her ultimate. Do you just drop it immediately when the next team fight starts? Or are you trying to wait for "the right moment?"

I don't have a good feel for when to pop her ultimate. Do you just drop it immediately when the next team fight starts? Or are you trying to wait for "the right moment?"
Generally, it depends on the team comp. If you've got a good Genji, save it for his ult. Rein also does really well with a nano boost. Generally give it to someone who has good DPS and will always be in the front lines.

Antiwhippy

Roadhog too. Reaper also. Literally shreds the whole team.

If you see a reaper behind the whole other team don't hesitate.

Sorry for repeating this question again, but is there an easy way to add a large number of people to my PSN friend list? Having to do each one via the controller is brutal.

Veelk

Banned
Little questions:

Why did Blizzard include a crouch button? The only possible reason I can think of is that they had an extra button and couldn't think of what to do with it, but then they gave Torb and Mercy an alternative weapon and placed it awkwardly on the D-pad? The only thing I've ever seen crouch used for is so a dirty Torb could look up a Widow's skirt.

Also, did they add a weapon skin viewer to the PS4 or am I just insane? I could have sworn this wasn't a feature before, but I saw no announcement or anything, I just noticed a "view equipment" option in the Hero Gallery when picking costumes and now I can see how any given skin will change the look of my weapon.

With D.Va's 3 second timer, is it still a viable strategy to shoot the meka up in the air and have it fall down to the enemy? Or do I risk it exploding midair?

Antiwhippy

Also man i just realised that nano boost breaks the sudden death system even more now. I don't think it's possible to defend with nano boost in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom