• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
all of that is wrong.

the real reason to play hanzo - nipple play
tumblr_o7r2qepjMQ1sx0qgwo1_500.gif

I don't get why he suddenly turns like he's a dog that just spotted a squirrel.

Chance

his scattershot is still a fucking pain.

the lack of Torbs and Symms in Comp is pretty sad now lol

Just played a comp on Volskaya. Two randos went Sym and Torb on defense, and I was like "okay... Don't get salty..." and the reds never touched the first point!

all of that is wrong.

the real reason to play hanzo - nipple play

Right, I forgot.

Nipple play isn't cool at all, it's hot hot HOT.

;)

Either way, watching higher rank/level players and then I look at the team compositions in my level range, and I see Widows/Hanzos (oftentimes both or doubles) on attack fairly regularly. I had like 5 consecutive games today where I always had double Genjis, too.

There is, I believe

Go to social -> turn off text chat for your group

Unless that's gone? It was there before the most recent update, it was what I did to hide chat before /hidechat
That reminds me. Played a couple matches on console today and I couldn't find any option to mute people besides going to their profile and muting them.

Anyone know if there is any quick mute option on console?

Attack sniper is very feast or famine. If you get a quick pick, your team is at a HUGE advantage. But if you miss your shots, you're making your team play 5v6. Even the best teams in the world don't often run attack sniper.

But he turns in the opposite direction...?
are you a dust physicist?
Right, I forgot.

Nipple play isn't cool at all, it's hot hot HOT.

;)

Either way, watching higher rank/level players and then I look at the team compositions in my level range, and I see Widows/Hanzos (oftentimes both or doubles) on attack fairly regularly. I had like 5 consecutive games today where I always had double Genjis, too.
tru tbh. :p

and yeah, people are still terrified of dying in this game. If you dying does something positive, like distracting people long enough for your team to take them out, or to contest an objective that's about to be up, just do it tbh. take one for the team... literally
That reminds. Played a couple matches on console today and I couldn't find any option to mute people besides going to their profile and muting them.

Anyone know if there is any quick mute option?
Do you not just have mic chat disabled by default? It's in either the Sound or Gameplay settings.

Kito

He can't escape like Mercy can, but still, I enjoy playing him much more and despite people shitting on his heals which are not half bad and calling him a shitty support class, I think he's one of the best.

Yeah, harmony orb is underrated. A competent Zen can consistently get kills; your team won't need as much healing, if the enemy is always down 1.

The most noble of sacrifices is playing mei and trying to fend off the enemy team during overtime while your team is respawning. Ice wall and block can buy you at least 7-10 seconds if you get your wall placed right.

tru tbh. :p

and yeah, people are still terrified of dying in this game. If you dying does something positive, like distracting people long enough for your team to take them out, or to contest an objective that's about to be up, just do it tbh. take one for the team... literally

You wouldn't believe how many times I've literally just ran past the entire enemy team to slap myself onto a point and get the game into overtime. I did it as Mercy, Lucio, Zenyatta, Zero Suit D.Va, Zarya, you name it. And I've done it so often I've actually become really good at juking around like a slinky on crack. It usually takes no less than 3-5 people to take me out if I really want to occupy the point, and I usually am able to at least kill one of them too.

Sadly whenever I do, nobody follows up, despite me distracting half to the entire fucking team lmao.

You wouldn't believe how many times I've literally just ran past the entire enemy team to slap myself onto a point and get the game into overtime. I did it as Mercy, Lucio, Zenyatta, Zero Suit D.Va, Zarya, you name it. And I've done it so often I've actually become really good at juking around like a slinky on crack. It usually takes no less than 3-5 people to take me out if I really want to occupy the point, and I usually am able to at least kill one of them too.

Sadly whenever I do, nobody follows up, despite me distracting half to the entire fucking team lmao.
I had a game like that the other day, it was on Hanamura and we were attacking point A. They had a Reinhardt, a Torb, a Genji, a Bastion and something else, and they had absolutely locked down the big gate opposite that little room with the health pack. My team would just run straight up to that gate and then skirmish for the next 30 seconds until they died, then try it all over again.

A total of three times, as DVa, I signalled the "group up with me" emote and then flew my way to the objective, and every time the entire enemy team followed me onto the point but the rest of my team would just stand at the big gate, taking potshots at them from there until I was dead and the enemy team would come back to block them off again. Three times.

I had a game like that the other day, it was on Hanamura and we were attacking point A. They had a Reinhardt, a Torb, a Genji, a Bastion and something else, and they had absolutely locked down the big gate opposite that little room with the health pack. My team would just run straight up to that gate and then skirmish for the next 30 seconds until they died, then try it all over again.

A total of three times, as DVa, I signalled the "group up with me" emote and then flew my way to the objective, and every time the entire enemy team followed me onto the point but the rest of my time would just stand at the big gate, taking potshots at them from there until I was dead and the enemy team would come back to block them off again. Three times.
I had a somewhat similar situation on that part of the map. I was able to graviton surge 3 guys and we took them out. So I was thinking we would push the point and cap it. Nope. The one Rein, he was by himself, killed me(I was at very low health and was caught off guard) then single handedly held all 5 of my teammates. By himself. At least we still won. But that was annoying.

I'm actually not sure how that's similar to your situation, but you get the point :p

I had a somewhat similar situation on that part of the map. I was able to graviton surge 3 guys and we took them out. So I was thinking we would push the point and cap it. Nope. The one Rein, he was by himself, killed me(I was at very low health and was caught off guard) then single handedly held all 5 of my teammates. By himself. At least we still won. But that was annoying.

I'm actually not sure how that's similar to your situation, but you get the point :p
5vs1 and the Reinhardt wins... How does that even happen? :p

5vs1 and the Reinhardt wins... How does that even happen? :p
If you saw my team, you would know. I would watch as my team would constantly ignore the Rein while he killed us. There's only so much I can do as Zarya against one Rein lol.

It was kind of amusing that they couldn't kill him. Although I would've been pissed if we lost because of a single Rein.

I'm sure he had teammates helping him a bit, but it was mostly the Rein doing the work.

Apathy

On the initial push on Anubis attack my team just wrecked the other team, like easily and as soon as we wiped them and are about to finish the first cap, someone on the other team leaves and ends the match. We get no points. That's some bullshit.

Again, 3 strike per season policy, and if someone leaves the winning team just gets the points, it's so annoying

Look, this is an important question that's going to determine a lot about the future of overwatch. I need to know. What is he looking over at?
sombra. :p
If you saw my team, you would know. I would watch as my team would constantly ignore the Rein while he killed us. There's only so much I can do as Zarya against one Rein lol.

It was kind of amusing that they couldn't kill him. Although I would've been pissed if we lost because of a single Rein.

I'm sure he had teammates helping him a bit, but it was mostly the Rein doing the work.
It's like when people target the tanks instead of the Mercy attack boosting them right beside them :-|
Genji's ass.
naked reaper.

Jarate

Banned
Ana is fine, she fucks over practicaly every ult int the game. Soldier 76, Reaper, etc just get completely wrecked by her sleep dart

She also does some really good things with other debuffs like stopping characters from healing

Ana is fine, she fucks over practicaly every ult int the game. Soldier 76, Reaper, etc just get completely wrecked by her sleep dart

She also does some really good things with other debuffs like stopping characters from healing
Maybe... Is it because so few people have played her yet? Every time someone picks her in competitive I get a sinking feeling. And so far that feeling has been backed up.

She has her moments, but in the minute to minute gameplay she is fucking useless.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I bitch about my bad experiences...it's only fair that I praise the good ones.

I had two games in Comp and they were...good. I feel we overpowered the enemy team by a tad in both of them, but it was still a hard fought match that was exciting and we all did pretty good.

I can't seem to use Genji's ult effectively. I get that he is a beast if used correctly, but I feel like the enemy team just shuts me down more often than not when I have my sword out. Not complaining about that per se, because that should happen, but I look forward to the day I can just flat out Raiden a team.

Comp is the serious mode where people want to win, and that is not something I'm always up for. Most of the time I just want a casual, but competently played match. But sometimes you do want to go all in, and today I enjoyed the two matches I played. Now I'm one match away from a real ranking, and....well, I doubt it's gonna be good, but we'll see.

Jarate

Banned
Maybe... Is it because so few people have played her yet? Every time someone picks her in competitive I get a sinking feeling. And so far that feeling has been backed up.

She has her moments, but in the minute to minute gameplay she is fucking useless.

People think she's a sniper

she's mccree who can happen to scope

She plays really similar to Zenyatta in ways

Ana greatly benefits from being on a team on the same page that isn't half flankers

Squire

Banned
Quick play is finally playable again. Played four matches a few minutes ago, won, got D.va's ult achievement, and it was POTG, too.

Also, it's very easy to get on fire with her for me now. Never used to do that.

People think she's a sniper

she's mccree who can happen to scope

She plays really similar to Zenyatta in ways
Mcree and Zenyatta have great DPS. Zen heals better and without even having to think about it. AND his health regenerates. Honestly I can't think of situation where I would rather have Ana than Zen.

In the future I see:
"This Anubis point B is proving tough, I'm gonna switch to Ana so I can nano boost our tank to break their defense."

As her biggest (only?) use.

Ana seems fine to me. She's a great support character. I think she counters Pharah easier than Widow due to how fast scope/unscope is with her. Plus sleep dart is incredibly good against tanks considering how beefy they are. Her grenade is a great anti-Mercy/Lucio too which really shakes things up.

Plus her ult is really good too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mcree and Zenyatta have great DPS. Zen heals better and without even having to think about it. AND his health regenerates. Honestly I can't think of situation where I would rather have Ana than Zen.

In the future I see:
"This Anubis point B is proving tough, I'm gonna switch to Ana so I can nano boost our tank to break their defense."

As her biggest (only?) use.

Her biotic grenade wrecks zen's ult.

Zen's healing is also mediocre compared to Ana. We're talking 30hps vs 75 hps. Not to mention the 100% heal bonus biotic grenade gives. He can't sustain a tank as well as ana.

Her biotic grenade wrecks zen's ult.

Zen's healing is also mediocre compared to Ana. We're talking 30hps vs 75 hps. Not to mention the 100% heal bonus biotic grenade gives. He can't sustain a tank as well as ana.
A tank with a harmony orb and a zen by its side helping attack enemies (that all have a discord orb on them) is much better than an Ana attempting to hit them from the back lines while providing no offensive help.

I hope im the one who is wrong though because I love what she brings to the table in theory.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Maybe because ana should be focused on support? Why are you comparing them based on dps potential?

From my pov they're secondary supports with different roles. Anna keeps the team alive longer while zen is meant to assist in dps.

Apathy

people need to stop testing characters in competitive. go to the practice range, go to quick play, don't bring something you don't even know to competitive.

LiK

people need to stop testing characters in competitive. go to the practice range, go to quick play, don't bring something you don't even know to competitive.

When I saw a random use Ana in Comp I knew I was in trouble. This is the PS4 after all.

the best thing a reaper can do is teleport out in the open. i just scoped and pointed it at his head and then when he solidified. BOOM. lol

eventually they decided to pick a widow and i was caught off guard because i stood there and they got me after a second shot

Vestal

I can't take this shit.. Carrying a team 3 fucking times and being surrounded by morons 3 times.. Lossing 3 straight and back down to 44..

For reference.

Game 1: Tracer/Dva : Elims 45 Obj Kills 25
Game 2: Zenyatta/Junkrat Elims 49 Obj Kills 20, Healing 9k(1 round as zen)
Game 3: Tracer: elims 48 obj kills 20 damage 13k

Its always 1 asshole playing Ana or Hanzo.. You beg them to not do it, but they still do.

KAAAAHHHHNNNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom