• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Playing on Hanamura the other day and a Rein on our team (attack) managed to push someone and they stopped right at the edge behind the point and the enemy guy just dropped into the pit and it was great.

Earlier I managed t do that myself and felt so good! I've not played Rein much at all except these past few days so I'm feeling good about this.

https://gfycat.com/VigorousApprehensiveArrowana

finalflame

I'm surprised in 2016 people still get bothered by getting called names on the internet. I'm of the "get tougher skin" camp, especially when you can just mute/disable chat if it bothers you sufficiently. I can't imagine someone calling me <insert nastiest derogatory term you can think of here> would make me upset. Of course, I'd never do that myself, but I'm just a decent human which is more than you can say for most people behind a mask of anonymity.

finalflame

fuck it. not playing lucio in rank if team right now aren't doing their job.

i-know-that-feel.jpg

Gorillaz

what the hell did they do to reinhardt in this latest patch?

I need to look at patch notes because he is bodying dudes with ease without ana

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Envy picked Mei in competitive and are making it work :eek:

itshappening.gif

To counter dat DVA threat?

Love DVa buff for bringing my 2 most played up.

what the hell did they do to reinhardt in this latest patch?

I need to look at patch notes because he is bodying dudes with ease without ana

Absolutely nothing?

He can body people before in the right situations.

Oh god I know last time the Talespin streamed he mentioned how he wanted to play Mei more in Pro Play but I didn't think the other 5 would actually go with it.

Whoaaah, Zenyatta replaced Mercy in this tournament ?

Pretty much atm, Discord Orb way too good not to have, and most teams like running the 2 2 2 set up, so Mercy got pushed out as Lucio is still invaluable atm.

Have zen and lucio basically been used by all the comps here?

Pretty much Zen/Lucio/McCree/D.Va have been in all the matches so far.

It's hilarious Mei has gotten more play time than Pharah
1x

Anne

Mercy ult still mad good, just Zen is borderline broken. Mercy/Zen is just not as good as Lucio/Zen so this is what happens.

Antiwhippy

Which is really just an example of the power/speed creep.

Blizzard needs to address it so it doesn't get out of control.

Mercy ult still mad good, just Zen is borderlineasy broken. Mercy/Zen is just not as good as Lucio/Zen so this is what happens.

No I agree, Zen is too good not to have at the time.

Not that I mind it just means I can insta-lock Mercy more now, also it give the Ex Pro Mercy players more options. I know Chips/Unkone/Morte literally got to the point where they refused to play Mercy unless it was scrims/tourney.

Anne

There's the Mercy/Zen/Sym set up again. That's the only set up I've seen Mercy in today, but has happened a few times.

chur

Just had a hell of a comeback in KOTH. Down 2-0 and a teammate quit at the start of round 3. He later rejoined at the when we were about to lose and we ended up winning the rest of the rounds.

Played a match on anubis. the first game where i didn't go lucio tonight. went Junkrat. we attack first. made some good time. had like 5:32 left on the clock. it was the other team's turn. we started with a widow on the team but they had a widow on their team too. unsure if our widow knew how to headshot or actually aim. so i used my mine and blasted myself up on the double arch way and killed her myself. widow change class please. anyways. we held it well but eventually lost the last point. but it was their turn again to capture points in 2 minutes. actually thought we might lose this but they did the obvious which was to push into the right room.just lobbed my bombs in the room taking them out. random reaper tried to teleport on the overpass on our side. while i'm just standing there watching him trying to position himself on. so i just placed a bomb on his position. lol he actually flew over to the right room somehow. but ended up taking him out with rein and the rest of their team in there. they couldn't capture the first point so of course one guy rage quits on their team. then one by one they all did except one person. someone on the team was like trying to negotiate with him. trying to ask if he has any achievements he want to unlock. lol. anyways. the rest of the team decides to just cap the first point so we won that round.

highlight of the matches i played today. https://youtu.be/ZFNQT97LKNE

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Got my first ever legendary vote today after getting 5 gold medals with Roadhog. I've only seen a couple of them before, and it's always a really good Zenyatta.

_woLf

I just played a game where my team was winning big, and then everyone in the game disconnected, and all re-connected...and it loaded us into a brand new map. Not even the same location, either.

And then the McCree on the other team ulted 6 times in 2 minutes. Half of them had no "It's High Noon..." cue at the beginning, and enough of them did damage to throw out the idea of it just being interrupted that many times.

Sus as fuck.

I had probably the best team ever on solo QP. They all somehow knew not to attack my sleep targets, so I'd dart them, tea taunt, and they'd wait until the tea cup was raised before demolishing whoever I put to sleep. It was glorious.

finalflame

Anyone in the Pacific timezone, playing on PC, who likes to chat over mic and is cool to play with someone Rank 46 wanna get together in a group to play Competitive most weeknights after 6pm and most of the weekends? I really want to take ranked seriously and am tired of playing with PUGs.

I wanna have a good time and just chill and play with people who actually are committed to improving our games.

Owzers

I decided to try Ana again because we could use another semi-healer.....my aim is abysmal and they had to stand still in front of me so i could heal them. Switched to Mercy and helped hold the final point in King's Row.

I can heal with her grenade though, right? That's all i need?

Does anyone actually use the rate match function at the end? I did when comp first started then I just kind of stopped. I'm going to try and do it for every match now.

Antiwhippy

Does anyone actually use the rate match function at the end? I did when comp first started then I just kind of stopped. I'm going to try and do it for every match now.

Win 3 stars.

Lose closely 2 stars.

I don't ever want to see these people ever again 1 star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom