• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone actually use the rate match function at the end? I did when comp first started then I just kind of stopped. I'm going to try and do it for every match now.

Easy win - 2
Good game win - 3
Bad game lose - 1
Idiots on my team - 1
Idiots on enemy team - 3
Good game lose - 2
Average game - 2
Get POTG - 3
See lol POTG - 3
Join when match about to end - 1

Jarate

Banned
Went 2-2 today, last game, a person left us right away, we almost capture the payload on offense, and lose after a good fight on defense

and then i just lost all the experience I won from winning despite gold healing and 10k damage as Zenyatta :|

Ramirez

BS3McQi.jpg

This looked a lot cooler in game than it does in the weapon preview, lol. I'm at like 170 wins, this dude stays winnin' apparently, lol.

ohkay

I've had a good weekend. Went from 58 to 65, which was my original goal, but looks like I'll be shooting for a higher rank now. Also, my Pharah has a number rank on overbuff now!

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Not sure how you guys are getting so much luck with randoms. I'm 30-44 now in competitive. I always try and pick the best class that fits, I will change if needed, I consider myself a pretty decent player. I'm currently ranked 49 and I'm sure I will just continue to fall.

I'm about to just give up on the game. It went from uber fun in the beginning to super frustrating now. Perhaps I just need a break, or just go back to quick play where my record is much better.

Nimby

Banned
A rank 56 Reinhardt decides to play extremely aggressive on Anubis defense, charging past the choke-point to smack the enemy team around. Of course he dies, and so did the Torbjorn who thought setting up his turret next to their spawn would be an ideal place to halt enemy advance.

Terrible games overall today. First time I ranked down consecutively in the last week.

Soulflarz

Banned
I know which ones you're getting. Also, I bought Plague Doctor. Cannot wait for it anymore lol

Ones? You think I need anything besides reaper? :3

Also RIP I'm creating a giant rank gap between me and all of GAF like with RL, where basically I was locked into matches with a few people I knew only so I don't have some huge lopsided player numbers in a match.

Then again, my friend was unranked and went 6-1 today, we're really hoping to place him straight into the 60s.

peakish

Wow, Talespin on Mei was great. I've been about to declare that competitive Overwatch is pretty boring to watch because it's mostly just two very similar team comps bludgeoning into each other. Fights are way too fast for a spectator to appreciate in-combat tactics. Including a Mei is easy to understand and how she plays a role in changing fights makes instant sense. As was LGs double Hanzo strategy before the 1 hero limit was introduced to the ESL qualifiers, or the times an aggressive Bastion strategy is brought out.

If matches would always bring out strategies that you can easily understand the game would be in a fun place.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Anyone on PS4/US/NYC down to party up? I'm over randoms.

I'll play anyone but Bastion. Leaning towards Ana on some maps and in some situations, but am totally ok if you're in the "she's not cut out for competitive" camp
and I'm a bit baked right now if that's an issue. ;)

SnakeXs

Winston for Pharah.

Tracer needs to be removed from the game

If the enemy team has a Pharah and your team doesn't have a counter for her and you allow her to rain down on you, do you wish she was gone from the game, or do you switch for her but not think Tracer is worthy of being switch-for-a-counter worthy?

Did I win? 3 stars
Did I lose? 1 star
That’s a good rating scale.

Win 3 stars.

Lose closely 2 stars.

I don't ever want to see these people ever again 1 star.
Easy win - 2
Good game win - 3
Bad game lose - 1
Idiots on my team - 1
Idiots on enemy team - 3
Good game lose - 2
Average game - 2
Get POTG - 3
See lol POTG - 3
Join when match about to end - 1
I generally try to do. If it was a blowout for either team, one star. If it’s a Sudden Death or a KOTH that’s 2-2 and comes down to the last match, three stars. Everything inbetween, two stars.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

SnakeXs

Looking at this my reaper seems pretty close, though definitely not as good. I don't play him enough though. One discrepancy is definitely solo kills. I tend to go after big melees where everyone touches everyone.

Everyone touches everyone, you say? 8]

Soulflarz

Banned
Tracer is a bitch to fight 1v1 on console

FTFY

Also hoping I don't annoy this thread by literally all my things being from the perspective of a reaper, I just really only play him when I sit down and play this game...I would do something else, but it's kind of more efficient for me to keep using him since I'm doing well with him.

Looking at this my reaper seems pretty close, though definitely not as good. I don't play him enough though. One discrepancy is definitely solo kills. I tend to go after big melees where everyone touches everyone.

I've been working hard from a drawing board perspective to optimize my positioning and move usage. I gave a rough explanation of a few of the tools, but really, besides the ones I mentioned earlier, reaper should be going for when they're not looking at you, which is a lot easier said than done. Just because you walked up to them without dying does not mean you have flanked them well enough to do anything notable. A proper flank is when a squishy has died before they can reasonably react to you. Trading lives is a waste of time and effort.

Other random stuff of note-
-You don't have a fair matchup against roadhog. Stop listening to that sentence. His shotgun does more damage (7x20 vs 9x25 a shot, damage at point blank and pellets respectively) and he has more health- you can sometimes live being chained with a phase instantly, but if you're fighting a roadhog, you need to have seen him first or he needed to be injured.
-You also can't beat a D va anymore 1v1 head on, stop trying, rethink your flanking methods and how you can help your team, if shes looking at you you need to get out of there if you aren't certain you'll kill first.

- Reaper also should NEVER burn his die die die. My gimp list off the top of my head as I said earlier was -
zarya can shield it for herself+one other, reaper cant be hit by it, mccree can stun you, winston can barrier to neuter your entire thing AND kill you, roadhog can chain you, d va can matrix it, mei can ice shelter to live, junkrat can launch you, pharah can MAYBE launch you in time generally is in air and takes less damage (not really that safe vs others), lucio can launch you away, reinhardt can shield it, sleep dart from ana, and genji can reflect it. If you are using it early or in a non optimal situation, you are going to die and have wasted your ult needlessly.

Death blossom is to be saved for when you have FULLY flanked their team- so that by the time they actually can notice it, at least one or two are dead. The only exception to this is a necessity to save an objective in the moment. I probably sit on a full death blossom more than I have one ready, and it results in a lot more efficient kills and even more Death Blossom kills. Generally if you could get gimped, you could have killed one or two people anyways.

I'm debating making a comprehensive list on how to use him in a more optimal way just because I'm so sick of seeing bad reapers on ranked. Granted, I always take reaper so it's no issue for me personally, but it's cringey when the other teams reaper falls over dead.
Does anyone even want one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom