• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about my rank at all. If you play solo, you know this game is just Russian roulette. As long as I have fun and competitive matches and I'm getting progress to my golden weapons, I'm good.

Docking people competitive points would be a good idea and it'll increase if they keep offending.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
As I've said, pretty sure they do dock people a whole level for quitting.

I dunno why people think that they don't.

Attacking is impossible a of now

No it's really not. If anything attacking has the advantage.

People pick meta comps > lucio speed boost > win. The game rewards speed and aggression too much now for defense to be advantageous.

Apathy

game kicks you out after like a minute lol

they'd have to just sit there for like 10 minutes wasting their own time

they wouldn't care. if they didn't about screwing over 5 people with a leave they aren't going to care about just hitting spacebar so they don't lose a rank. They would spend it badmouthing the team

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got dragged to the 55 dumpster solo, played with 2 friends and did a multiple game winstreak back to 60...this is ez mode now.

My favorite was when it grouped us with another 3 stack against all solos and we rolled over them (as "underdogs"!). I wish the game would stop doing that shit, but atleast I wasn't on the receiving end for once.

they wouldn't care. if they didn't about screwing over 5 people with a leave they aren't going to care about just hitting spacebar so they don't lose a rank. They would spend it badmouthing the team
they dont care about the team but they care about themselves

standing there for 10 minutes punishes them just as much.

Lose a rank.
100% XP loss for the next ten games.
Loss of competitive points (increases the more they do it).
The eventual ban from the season (it's too lenient atm).

Veelk

Banned
Hey all you spanish speaking people the game has inexplicably paired me with. I don't know the language, but I'm sure that you can understand the 'group up' command I give you as Lucio, right? Because I have my ultimate ready and it will be helpful if we make the final push together behind Reinhardt?

Guys? Please?

Apathy

I still say the easiest way is 3 strikes per season. after 3 you can't queue up for competitive till the season switches over

I still say the easiest way is 3 strikes per season. after 3 you can't queue up for competitive till the season switches over

It needs to take into account the number of games the person has. For instance, if you played 100 games, five quits can easily happen. Servers fuck up, the internet fucks up, or something happens. This is understandable, it happens. However, if the person only has 10 games played and they already quit five times, they need to be ban.

Soulflarz

Banned
The edge case for that is more than acceptable for the betterment of the vast vast vast majority

no dev is going to agree to screwing over the edge case

or do you remember "people without an internet can buy a 360" statements? That's an example of why you include the edge case.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
zErnxoN.png

Haha

wfbtzFy.jpg

rsz_gold_gun.jpg

Gold gun

We lost 3-0. I actually had 1 gold and 3 silvers I know medals aren't everything but it still should have been enough to stop that XXIncredible guy from messaging me 'play quickplay to learn how to play the game' afterwards.

feelsbadman

Drewfonse

Really getting the hang of and enjoying Zenyatta. So fun.

But damn, two straight games where we are in the clear lead, someone on our team inexplicably leaves....and we get steamrolled. Incredibly frustrating.

finalflame

"Guys we really need to counter that Pharah and our Soldier isn't doing very well, anyone want to switch and counter her?"

*2 people switch to Torb and Junkrat*

do people just not even fucking try?

Ramirez

Oh, who cares about those, both of us are 76, we'll get enough to outright buy our guns.

Plenty don't care about cosmetics and it's a pointless punishment- losing a full rank is 3-4 matches for some already you realize guys.
Neither system works.

That was more of a long play in my mind. Obviously cosmetics are going to be a huge draw of competitive seasons. Maybe people don't care about gold weapons, but they'll care about one that is on fire or something.

You start taking away the currency to buy those, and maybe you deter a few people from rage quitting, maybe not. I mean your average person has not hit 76, nor have they won/played the amount of games enthusiasts have, so docking them 20 CP would be a huge hit.

ISOM

"Guys we really need to counter that Pharah and our Soldier isn't doing very well, anyone want to switch and counter her?"

Torb is not a horrible counter to Pharah but Junkrat yeah..

They probably are clueless as to what the counter is. I usually say something like, "We could use an X or Y for that Pharah."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom