• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntax

Yeah numbers tweaks are precarious on symmetra

In terms of qol, they should incorporate communication about the teleporter somehow.

Symmetra has audio cues when she puts up a teleporter. "The path is open." or something like that, I believe.

She's my second favorite character but her utility isn't enough to trump Mercy, so I don't play her as often as I'd like. Personally, I'd still like the direction indicators on the teleporter.

ViviOggi

Saw a Torbjörn potg tonight, it was absolutely horrible as usual. He missed a couple of shots on a Reinhardt and right at the end his turret finishes off two players with chip damage offscreen.

Then, in all chat: "Sorry for potg ... " I nearly lost it, it's not your fault buddy

Just had a match where Dva launches the mech and then an allied mei ends up icewalling it by accident.

Same mei tried to icewall a reaper in the middle of his death blossom but it instead knocks him into the air.

Some people really shouldn't play certain heroes

V-Faction

Saw a Torbjörn potg tonight, it was absolutely horrible as usual. He missed a couple of shots on a Reinhardt and right at the end his turret finishes off two players with chip damage offscreen.

Then, in all chat: "Sorry for potg ... " I nearly lost it, it's not your fault buddy

Aw.

6c6.jpg

brian!

Symmetra has audio cues when she puts up a teleporter. "The path is open." or something like that, I believe.

She's my second favorite character but her utility isn't enough to trump Mercy, so I don't play her as often as I'd like. Personally, I'd still like the direction indicators on the teleporter.

A thing id like to see is teamwide access to # of charges left (so ppl know when to skip it and let someone with an ult through, etc.), or things indicating that the tele is taking dmg or is destroyed, like some sort of visual cue

Nudull

Banned
Just had a match where Dva launches the mech and then an allied mei ends up icewalling it by accident.

Same mei tried to icewall a reaper in the middle of his death blossom but it instead knocks him into the air.

Mei is evil incarnate, confirmed.

xaosslug

70 50? 70 45? Verticals not as important. You can kill a Pharah though unless shes been going for you from minute one, it's worth trying to lay shots on her.

Regarding aggression, that was actually a more passive game, I've had games where I've been able to shut down their entire team. But yes, you want to be aggressive and forcing their push to end. See where traded lives with a Lucio due to a Reinhardt as they all came back in? They're now out their primary healer and can't safely push up. Stuff like that is important.

I think he's a really good flanker but the "oh I'll just wait here 5m" doesn't really work unless you're waiting right by where they're spawning, because you can always be more aggressive and still get work done. However, I did have a few minor issues. I completely burnt my death blossom in round 3 on one guy when it could have been saved, and I also died a few times where I could have phased easily.

that's crazy. I think I use 20 15? LOL

what about Rein? Did you keep going after him to stop their push? You would even bypass Zayra and go after Rein a few times was that by design? Really interesting stuff! :D

Mei... icewall...by accident...

6UzrlnP.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
that's crazy. I think I use 20 15? LOL

what about Rein? Did you keep going after him to stop their push? You would even bypass Zayra and go after Rein a few times was that by design? Really interesting stuff!

Have to turn that up, people can actually walk a circle around you and you're dead, no way around it. Get used to a higher sensitivity. I played MW2 at 10 for a bit and now I'm still comfy at any sensitivity really.

Uhm...well Rein can't do much against me unless he's on the offensive. He's also holding the line and Zarya can shield. He's easier to kill. Generally I do stuff situationally, there is no "strategy to be pro" or whatever, but yes, if those are your two targets, Rein is generally the one that your team isn't attacking assuming he's yours to killl anyways.

FoxSpirit

In good news, a 5 win streak got me from rank 32 to 36. Last 3 matches got me about a whole level each. My guess is that I'll end in the mid 40s. My healing is in the top 40%, and that's with teams that like to be far too spread out.

Also, got backfilled into a QP match, randomly picked D.VA, yep, Bastion&Reinhardt got someone to leave. We still won that, I took care of Bastion well the reminder of the match :-D

How to fix Symmetra:

1- Let her place all six turrets before the start of the match without needing Lucios help.
2- Have her E add 25 shields and covert 25 health to shields.
3- Have her teleporter automatically shield friendlies who come through and give it two turrets on top.
4- Let her pre-place her teleporter with Q and activate it with Q when ult reaches 100%.

WhyMe6

All my comp games say "Rejoin" after the search. I haven't quit any comp matches. Is anyone else getting this on PS4?

Yes, this happens quite frequently for me on PS4 too, and I don't think it's my connection issue. I'm pretty sure it's something on Blizz's end. It's annoying as I usually like to be doing things during that search time, so sometimes I've missed that rejoin prompt appearing as I haven't noticed an audio cue.

TheDanimal

Yes, this happens quite frequently for me on PS4 too, and I don't think it's my connection issue. I'm pretty sure it's something on Blizz's end. It's annoying as I usually like to be doing things during that search time, so sometimes I've missed that rejoin prompt appearing as I haven't noticed an audio cue.
It does this every single time for me.
It's really annoying.

finalflame

Does anyone ever experience gnarly lag spikes where their latency will go up to 2000-3000ms for anywhere between 1-2 minutes, then it goes back to normal? I don't get DC'd completely, and it happens very very infrequently.

I'm trying to pinpoint if the cause is my home networking equipment, internet connection, or just the game itself ;/

Prelude.

Team comp is shit on Anubis defence, I'm the only tank and we have one support. The usual Torbjorn (exp lv27) doesn't listen, nobody changes and we lose, obviously.
On the second round I pick Zenyatta, Lucio is with me trying to get a 2-2-2, they actually listen this time and we stomp them until the end.

It's not that hard, isn't it?

Also, it's pretty funny how a discord orb is enough to make a Widowmaker fuck off from her position, you don't even have to shoot at her.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Team comp is shit on Anubis defence, I'm the only tank and we have one support. The usual Torbjorn (exp lv27) doesn't listen, nobody changes and we lose, obviously.
On the second round I pick Zenyatta, Lucio is with me trying to get a 2-2-2, they actually listen this time and we stomp them until the end.

It's not that hard, isn't it?

Also, it's pretty funny how a discord orb is enough to make a Widowmaker fuck off from her position, you don't even have to shoot at her.

It dispels when you get out of los, so that makes sense. :p

Prelude.

It dispels when you get out of los, so that makes sense. :p
Yeah, but it's pretty hard to actually kill her with Zen from extreme distances since his orbs have travel time so she could have tried to shoot me but nope, she went "oh shit, better get the fuck out of here" every time and drop down.

*gets legendary skin for the first time* HOLY SHIT I hope it's....

...well, I guess I could try Winston.
At least it wasn't Edgelady Zarya.

matmanx1

How do we fix Symmetra?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG9d_l9la8Y

The video suggests Symmetra give 50 shield instead of the 25, but that would probably impact the meta quite a bit. A Genji would be able to have a total HP of 325 with a shield and an armor pack for Torb. Now you'll have a Genji, who is hard to hit already, also have lots of durability.

I have absolutely no idea what they can do to this character without making her broken, or changing her completely.

One thing they could do is make her shield percent based instead of a flat number. Tracer and the 200hp characters keep the 25 shield but after that it goes to a flat 10% of total health and armor. This would benefit the tanks more, obviously, but I don't have a big problem with that.

Turrets needs to charge quicker overall as well before they can be placed.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

print screen should stick to pharah

xaosslug

Anyone on PS4 want to play?

on right nao doing qp. HMU, PSN: res1tvih

Have to turn that up, people can actually walk a circle around you and you're dead, no way around it. Get used to a higher sensitivity. I played MW2 at 10 for a bit and now I'm still comfy at any sensitivity really.

Uhm...well Rein can't do much against me unless he's on the offensive. He's also holding the line and Zarya can shield. He's easier to kill. Generally I do stuff situationally, there is no "strategy to be pro" or whatever, but yes, if those are your two targets, Rein is generally the one that your team isn't attacking assuming he's yours to killl anyways.

k, yeah. Gonna try and get used to a higher sensitivity for sure.

Ramirez

Quitting should dock you competitive points, every quit doubles the amount. I don't think anyone who quits gives a shit that they lose one rank score.

brian!

i kind of need to train myself to move on to doing other stuff after I ult w/ dva instead of watching the ult and waving my arms like im bowling or something

Apathy

They really really need to fix the joining a game at the defeat screen, how fucking hard is it to just make the game not queue a person in right them, people don't like it. Psychologically people get annoyed and leave again.They dont like waiting up to 2 minutes to see that.

Also, you gotta be stupid to getinto a game where you're defending, seeing a lucio, a zen, a widow on think to yourself, "you know what this team needs? an ana." Ana is literally what hanzo/widow used to be when it comes to terrible teammates.

Soulflarz

Banned
Quitting should dock you competitive points, every quit doubles the amount. I don't think anyone who quits gives a shit that they lose one rank score.

But

A ranked 70 player quits 5x, is now 69->68->66->63->59->54

He's now going to carry everyone in his rank for a silly amount of time until he hits 70 again.
No one does harsh penalty systems for rank vs just banning people because if you do that you effectively ruin the lower ranks for a bit.

#177 Roadhog on PSN.
#855 Tracer

Roadhog is tough in some of these high level games. A good team with a Zenyatta and you become useless. If I can't switch to Tracer, or it's just not a good time/game for Tracer I really have trouble being helpful. I really like Zenyatta but I'm not really sure how good I am with him. (Being on fire with Zenyatta is SO easy, so I don't really take that into account. Pharah is meh since the patch. I can play a Rein, Genji, Zarya, Lucio etc. but I'd be playing way below my skill level for that character (how the fuck do those Lucio's constantly wall ride the objective?!).

I was in a game with three of the top whatever rank guys (Soulflarz rank) I was so damn useless in that game. I switched about 10 times. We actually ended up winning and my Tracer contested at the very end of round 5, which led to us winning. But for the most part if it's a bad Tracer game or they take out my Roadhog I'm pretty damn awful in these 67+ rank games.

xaosslug

But

A ranked 70 player quits 5x, is now 69->68->66->63->59->54

He's now going to carry everyone in his rank for a silly amount of time until he hits 70 again.
No one does harsh penalty systems for rank vs just banning people because if you do that you effectively ruin the lower ranks for a bit.

i think he's talking about the payout you receive (for gold guns) when you win.

Soulflarz

Banned
i think he's talking about the payout you receive (for gold guns) when you win.

Oh, who cares about those, both of us are 76, we'll get enough to outright buy our guns.

Plenty don't care about cosmetics and it's a pointless punishment- losing a full rank is 3-4 matches for some already you realize guys.
Neither system works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom