• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
just tested to be sure

deflection is cancelled if your ult runs out. dumb

if you hit deflection just before your ult runs out it does nothing. dumb

AngryMoth

Just managed to hold point A on hanamura for 6:40 (after getting stomped in the first 3 rounds) then win on sudden death. Fucking drama man!
Why do people leave Comp right before match starts and it cancels the match
Because they didn't get to pick their main the poor snowflakes.

Almost certainly a new map and a bunch of skins coming next month.

Yeah. Blizzard said they would release new skins "in summer", and that a new map is "in the pipeline" a while back, so it stands to reason to expect an August update with a new map and new skins.

And that's not taking into account the voicelines found in the PTR files hinting at new game modes and such.

Ramirez

Was crushing a team 2-0 in KOTH then my team starts changing characters from the comp we had and we lose 3-2, what the hell man...

brian!

Yeah ive won a couple of sudden death defense games gently reminding our team that the comp we were running got run over the first time

Steamrolling the enemy team on attack just to have someone leave when defense starts is so deflating especially when you have the win streak bonus going smh

Ramirez

So, when is Discord Orb getting a cool down? It's like if Zarya could throw out team shields with no cool down, so fucking dumb. There should be some strategy involved in a debuff.

Blues1990

Road hog has become pretty OP I feel

Upcoming+zenyatta+buff+trigger+large+mentionlist+overwatchstuff+trigger+large+controls+collection_8fbaea_5972877.jpg

Not really. Not a single other ability in this game can be spammed like that, what makes him special?
What makes him special and unique among the other characters is the fact that he can spam both orbs. Remove that and you take away what makes him special. Also, you know how much it would suck if you put a discord on a Zarya or a Mei and they just cancelled it, forcing you to wait on a cool down for nothing? He's fine where he is.

Yeah. Blizzard said they would release new skins "in summer", and that a new map is "in the pipeline" a while back, so it stands to reason to expect an August update with a new map and new skins.

And that's not taking into account the voicelines found in the PTR files hinting at new game modes and such.

I'm really looking forward to whatever's in the next update. Splatoon was my first online shooter, and I fear it's set my expectations too high in terms of frequency of new content.

I'm really looking forward to whatever's in the next update. Splatoon was my first online shooter, and I fear it's set my expectations too high in terms of frequency of new content.

Well I do see somewhat more frequent updates from here on out, mostly because I think that Blizzard waited for the game's release buzz to die down a bit before releasing new content, and that's perfectly fine.

A bad Lucio is not worth voting for

I think people just auto vote for support. Went 40-0, had 4 gold medals, POTG and 75% kill participation yet Lucio still got more votes than me in this one match earlier. Don't care about the votes, but it was funny. Our Lucio really didn't have to do much.

People still vote for Lucio even when he does his Ult at the wrong times.

Do you guys think the PS4 version will have a healty player base for a long time? I love Overwatch, but I'm starting to realize that my friends are slowly playing less and less.

Should I get the PC version if I want to play competitive for in the long run or should I just continue with the PS4 version?

I don't know if this is the new meta or what, but I've found Pharah's counter on console (and I wish it wasn't this character).
It's Genji

Several games now, I've been playing Pharah on KOTH and I've had the opposing Genji focus on me exclusively. So much so, that in two games, they double Genji'd me. The double-jump forward slash will get them to my height most of the time. It's not a death sentence, but if they're tracking you, when you land, they'll be there. So, uh, good luck.

---

I have no idea why Blizzard thinks it ok for match me with 70s. I've never been even a rank 60, now I'm facing off against 3 68-72 ranked opponents and even if I have three of my own, I'm still pretty useless. One game Blizzard gave no fucks and when one our 70s dropped they replaced him with a level 4. I mean seriously.

---

I hate to say it, but as much as I loved KOTH, I'm kind of over it. And sadly its because I'm not good enough anymore. It's basically a TDM and at the upper levels (60ish) I'm just not getting it done, compared to other game types.

LiK

Okay Comp games today. Only lost two and both were the result of people leaving my team after 1 round. Not playing my best tonight but still got some cards on the board.

GG Vault

Corpekata

Banned
I've gotten into 2 or 3 ranked matches with 6 randoms versus 2 randoms plus 2 different teams of two. You'd think the matchmaking would split that into 1 team of two + 4 randoms on each side.

Not like there was any notable difference in ranks as far as I could tell.

I think people just auto vote for support. Went 40-0, had 4 gold medals, POTG and 75% kill participation yet Lucio still got more votes than me in this one match earlier. Don't care about the votes, but it was funny. Our Lucio really didn't have to do much.

People still vote for Lucio even when does his Ult at the wrong times.

Yes, people often vote for the support players and rightly so, because that might encourage more people to play support. I generally tend to vote for the support player if they get a card out of respect for them playing support, especially being mostly a Tank/Support player myself.
Not a lot of people play support, and very often nobody else would play support but them; so even if that Lucio didn't do very well, at the very least he deserves recognition for playing support in the first place.

Also, my experience is entirely reversed. If a player gets a card and the PotG, they usually get almost all of the votes, and very often will the players with the most eliminations get votes instead of the players with the most objective time, gold medals or whatever; at least in my case.
I've had a game where I healed like 15k as Lucio, and 7 of the votes went to the Widowmaker with 30% scope accuracy. Like what the fuck.

Nobody votes for the tanks though. If I see a tank on the card selection, I forego my usual choice of the support.

Okay Comp games today. Only lost two and both were the result of people leaving my team after 1 round. Not playing my best tonight but still got some cards on the board.

GG Vault
Same to you. I'm still salty about that KOTH exp gain. But at least we won. Probably would have lost a whole level if we lost that game. Fun overall though.

Tracer has been my best character lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom