• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugu

Look guys, I'm playing!
gGdqHki.jpg

I will grant that this is mostly not Blizzard's fault since my hardware was barely running the game to begin with but I used to get 30FPS in situations like this, which was a low albeit playable number. Now I'm lucky if I get 20FPS in the menu.

We actually won this game, too.

Animator

Look guys, I'm playing!
gGdqHki.jpg

I will grant that this is mostly not Blizzard's fault since my hardware was barely running the game to begin with but I used to get 30FPS in situations like this, which was a low albeit playable number. Now I'm lucky if I get 20FPS in the menu.

Are you running the game on a iphone or something?

ramyeon

Look guys, I'm playing!
gGdqHki.jpg

When did the 3DS version come out?

Gator86

Rank 64 in solo q. Hopefully I can get to 70.

That's my goal for the weekend. Got to 65 tonight and having competent teams made me fall in love with the game all over again. My hero selections have basically dropped to Torb, Lucio, Mercy, and Zarya at this point though. Trotting out someone like Mei, who I have the most time with, feels like I'm dooming my team.

Ayumi

Look guys, I'm playing!
gGdqHki.jpg

Seriously though, what system are you running the game on?

mbpm1

Played with the saltiest team ever

They were mentally beaten before we lost and let us know on voice chat and normal, felt bad to play

Ayumi

Jesus, I played on a friend's laptop that was getting 25-45 FPS and it was unenjoyable for me.

I'm using a Macbook Pro Retina from 2013 with only 1 GB on the dedicated GPU. Pretty sure Boot Camp is making things worse, but it definitely is not unenjoyable. I set the FPS limit to 30, but I could probably go higher. You're just used to a lot higher. Overwatch's "Low" graphic settings are far better than other games' "Low" settings. lol

Look guys, I'm playing!
gGdqHki.jpg

My framerate dropped a solid 10 frames after one of the patches. Used to max everything at 60, now it's 50 if I don't go back to defaults.

Fugu

Are you running the game on a iphone or something?

When did the 3DS version come out?

Seriously though, what system are you running the game on?
I'm temporarily located in Japan and I couldn't bring my desktop. This is how it runs on my laptop, which has an i7 but a Quadro GPU, which isn't great for gaming. I've actually never played the game on anything else as I've been here since October.

Holy shit I feel bad for your teammates
I do just fine, thanks. I've been playing this game exclusively on this laptop since it came out and my rating floats around the mid-fifties. Hell, before competitive I was top 50 Mercy for the region.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm using a Macbook Pro Retina from 2013 with only 1 GB on the dedicated GPU. Pretty sure Boot Camp is making things worse, but it definitely is not unenjoyable. I set the FPS limit to 30, but I could probably go higher. You're just used to a lot higher. Overwatch's "Low" graphic settings are far better than other games' "Low" settings. lol
It was on 'Low' and I was surprised since I thought I could turn down the settings more.

He'll be going from that to a 970 so it should be a nice jump.

cyborg009

Banned
Look guys, I'm playing!
gGdqHki.jpg

This really does look like a Vita game. not even kidding.

duckroll

You should change the render scale settings to 90% at least. See if you can turn other stuff down to get it to run better to compensate. Should look much better.

Fugu

You should change the render scale settings to 90% at least. See if you can turn other stuff down to get it to run better to compensate. Should look much better.
The reason it looks so bad is that the render scale is at 50%. Everything else is as low as it could possibly be.

I don't really care how the game looks. The game I've played the most over the past five years looks like this:

At 20 (or less) fps? How?
I've played a lot of Quake (see above) so, mechanically at least, this is still a lot easier than what I'm used to; Mercy doesn't have to aim very much to heal and her weapon is best used for spam, which also does not require aiming. My biggest problem is that I can't really react to things because there's a pretty serious amount of input lag, but if I'm paying attention I can usually prevent things from happening before it gets to that point.

mstevens

Man this bug where the stats stop counting randomly sometimes after the first round is brutal.. Just got 900 xp for a match because it only counted my kills/time played from round 1 and ignored round 2 and 3. Is this a new bug with the latest patch? I don't remember this happening before.

Yeah, I think I'm done with competitive. Had 2 guys tell me to kill myself and demanded everybody (even the other team!) report me because apparently it's my singular fault that we lost? I guess Symmetra is so uniquely bad on Anubis point A that it's all my fault, forever. Idk.

Sure, the entire team melted away from the gate like a chocolate easter bunny faced with a blowdryer at the first sign of pressure, leaving me stranded high and dry behind what's suddenly enemy lines, but sure. Why not. Clearly my inability to get a teleporter up in time meant that I must have intentionally and deliberately trolled them.

Look guys, I'm playing!
gGdqHki.jpg

what are your specs?

Pretty meh night; I just couldn’t break 59 tonight. I was so close a number of times only to lose. Somehow I’m still 58 so that’s good. I did go from 56-58 today, so I really can’t complain too much. Pretty sure I can get to 60 by the end of the week.

Grisby

Got the huge rez and potg as da Mercy. I wasn't trying to hold on to my super or nothing, was a bit behind and managed to rez all 4 dudes.

I don't know about you guys, but I turned around two comp games by becoming one with Zenyatta. That guy can destroy people.

76 elims, 33k damage, 41 objective kills. triple gold. of course the team loses.

When you have a torb on attack...on lijiang....you know your team is screwed even if you carry like crazy.

Got the huge rez and potg as da Mercy. I wasn't trying to hold on to my super or nothing, was a bit behind and managed to rez all 4 dudes.

I don't know about you guys, but I turned around two comp games by becoming one with Zenyatta. That guy can destroy people.

I had a play earlier where I wiped out five of theirs. Their Mercy revived them all and got POTG. Instant "Yes!....NOOO!" moment.

Terrorblot

Blah I haven't played in a like a week. I thought competitive was going to invigorate my interest even more but instead it seems to have killed it.

MG310

Closed out the day with a few good competitive games. A few with Zarya and my first Competitive game with Zenyatta where I thought I did pretty well.

Superflat

Won the majority of games today in solo queue competitive. When you have a good team, competitive matches go pretty darn fast, so fast sometimes that there's not enough exp to go around lol. Some great close matches as well that made my knuckles white.

The only bad competitive match I had today was on Gibraltar. Zero coordination, never saw our team grouped together ever; and of course the one team member who has to spray salt everywhere: "No one could kill X on X. My team sucks"

Mm.. is there an easier way to swap between two accounts? I play on one for Solo and the other for Premade, but I'm lazy. Help me, GAF. Enable my sloth.

76 elims, 33k damage, 41 objective kills. triple gold. of course the team loses.

When you have a torb on attack...on lijiang....you know your team is screwed even if you carry like crazy.

Haha.. where do you even set up your turrets there? I guess Gardens and Market have long stretches that lead to the point, so maybe that could work. Control room you could set it on Balcony and cover the approach, but the enemy outranges it depending on where you set it. Still not as good as most maps placement areas, and he still doesn't really make the cut.

Torb is fun to mess around with, but he's actually just awful in almost every way. Once you destroy his initial turret, he becomes almost worthless. Wish people in comp would figure that out. His shotgun is pretty strong though.

duckroll

Torb definitely works on Lijiang Control Room. There are a few places to set up the turret, and it doesn't have to be too creative if your team can bottleneck the other team well. You just need them to be far away and just out of sight enough, and take part in the defense yourself using the shotgun alt attack. Molton Core as often as possible during pushes, along with Lucio's Shield Barrier.

On pretty much every other Control map though? Lol no.

Torb in Lijiang control room can work if they deploy up top.

The one I had in my team tried deploying by the stairs overlooking the point...

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Anyone having trouble with drivers on PC?

I keep getting this error:

AMD rendering device has been lost

then I get a pop up warning and Overwatch freezes and I can't play. It only happens when I play Overwatch.

It sucks because it happened a couple of times in competitive in the climax of the battle.

I looked around Blizzard forums and found some solutioins but there was no official solution, only tips for people in the forums.

Blizzard only says that they are looking into the issue.

I downloaded new drivers but it still has not fixed the issue.

Kind of sucks.

eek5

Mm.. is there an easier way to swap between two accounts? I play on one for Solo and the other for Premade, but I'm lazy. Help me, GAF. Enable my sloth.
Try this on the launcher:
6JXkgFQ.png

launch two instances of bnet and log into each?

If that doesn't work make a windows account with password on your system then make a bnet shortcut using runas - (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490813.aspx)

You should be able to use the shortcuts to launch versions of bnet logged into different accounts.

PSA: If you are on console, please don't pick Widowmaker in Competetive, trust me, you suck.

In comp I consistently end up in teams with 1 or 2 (!) hanzo/widow/torb on ATTACK. I regularly change to Reinhardt (despite pretty much sucking at it). Last night I even had to start spamming the "I need healing" but nope, no one switched to healing and we of course got crushed.

I'd like to pitch new ideas for the messages that pop up on the screen when choosing your character :

- 'Your team composition SUCKS as it has no tank/healer. You WILL lose'
- 'You're picking up a sniper on ATTACK. You are either paid to play or a moron'
- 'Choosing Widow makes you a detriment to your squad, go back to splatoon (tm)'
- 'You picked up Bastion on ATTACK? FFS at least don't sit in the back'
- 'You chose Symmetra. You have ONE job : to put a teleporter up. Don't die before you do that mkay?'

Kasei

Played a ranked game last night on Hanamura. Random member of my team rage-quit after we captured the first point in the final round of the match, not before spamming the general chat with the usual vitriol about always having terrible teams and being God's gift to Overwatch. Slowly but surely the remaining members conceded and it was down to me and my buddy to contest the final point with 5-6 minutes remaining.

The other team were nagging us to leave, but hell no. You have to earn the win! It got to the point where two of their team had also left, and we stood something of a fighting chance with good ult synergy.

Thoroughly enjoyed that last stand moment, particularly as having people leave and wreck your team and rank is so frustrating.

Bollocks

lvl 20, played only mercy so far and tonight switched to lucio, omg is he awesome, can still heal but also be more aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom