• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I imagine we will see an Illidan themed Genji skin sooner than later.

They're going to crack that nut. It won't just straight up be WoW characters or Starcraft characters, but it'll be colors and designs similar. Like giving him horns and hooves and a green sword or something

I think symettra is fine in her niche

2015-12-01-1448950228-3409670-misfittoys.jpg

I imagine we will see an Illidan themed Genji skin sooner than later.

They're going to crack that nut. It won't just straight up be WoW characters or Starcraft characters, but it'll be colors and designs similar. Like giving him horns and hooves and a green sword or something

Oh they're going to go for that shit for sure. Jaina Mercy, Kerrigan Widowmaker, Raynor McCree, etc.

KiraFA37

Anybody on EU PC looking to play together? You can add me (KiraFA37#2240), quote to reveal, I'm getting tired of the teams I get on solo queue quick play or competitive.

Auctopus

Average player's train of thought: "how come when that floaty Angel girl dies I stop getting free health and I do less damage?... Beats me!"

Nazo

Did Blizzard fuck up the matchmaking or something? I've had some of the worst matches ever today. I had to stop playing just now or else I was going to snap the disc in half.

I imagine Uther Reinhardt is more likely, Arthas Reaper, Gul'dAna

I just wonder how long they'll hold off doing it

If were talking cross-over skins, Reaper as Maltheal from Diablo 3 seems too obvious not to do. They even share the same pose!

Tychus Reinhardt

I imagine Uther Reinhardt is more likely, Arthas Reaper, Gul'dAna

I just wonder how long they'll hold off doing it

I would say Arthas Reinhardt.

Giant ass frostmorne, ice shield, icy or mini-Sindragosa projectile.

As long as I get Olaf the Stout Torbjörn, I don't care what else happens.
767596-olaf.png

I'll also gladly take Baleog the Fierce Hanzo and Erik the Swift Lucio (or Tracer, would be even funnier).

ohkay

Reddit seems to have come to the same conclusion as me: https://m.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4vzb29/rank_63_competitive_just_feels_like_a_survival/

I find it goes for QP too over a certain MMR. I'm not sure what the right fix is but buffing his counters rather than nerfing him might be the best way to go.
I was just talking about how broken genji seems to be at high levels. He is the one character I truly fear facing and I feel obligated to use my ults just to kill him if I ever hear "ryuji no ken wo kurae." He also doesn't seem to have any true viable counters

brian!

I was just talking about how broken genji seems to be at high levels. He is the one character I truly facing and I feel obligated to use my ults just to kill him if I ever hear "ryuji no ken wo kurae." He also doesn't seem to have any true viable counters

Yeah genji is great for carrying a team and forcing the enemy team to play a certain way

Eric WK

Winston is my go to counter for Genji on console. At the very least you can prevent them from running around unchecked all match and if they're not incredible, you'll be sending them to respawn often.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
That's why I decided to put for the effort to get good at Genji. It literally requires over like 30-40 hours of playtime to become "OK" at a Ranked Level. Then you need another 100 hours on top of that to reach the levels of "stream-tier genji". He is real tough, but once you get the hang of him, you are a walking team-wipe in a can.

Scirrocco

God i just had one of those days where it feels like the game is out to get you. I just wanted to get on and do 1 game, get my first win exp, maybe earn a box to get some summer gear.

7 straight losses, mostly blow outs. Awful teams. Had a guy on hanamura defense who refused to be anyone but tracer, when we had no healer (i was tank). And games where tanks just refused to be anyone but zarya (shes not bad, but situationa when solo tanking, especially on defense). We just got rolled.

Eventually just went to competitive so at least people would try. 2 losses there, fairly close this time. First one was egypt, double over time but lost because of the coin flip putting us on the wrong side. Second one was Nepal, 1-1, 99-99 over time, just cleared the whole team off the point and would have won if not for a last second enemy mercy rez. Damn frustrating.

Then i got invited to a team of decent players, and hoped maybe now i had a chace to win one finally. I didn't even get the chance. For some reason, I got stuck on the loading screen, and had to leave. Twice. ts never happened before. And this was comp, so it counts against me. I just gave up after that.

Finally got fed up and went vs ai, and eventually got past the load screen. Apparently for some reason I'm just taking super long to load for some reason. It took 30 seconds before I could even see my character. And the enemy bots were literally invisible for another minute after that. I hope its not a hardware issue. And then there was no first win exp. I thought you could get that from VS AI.

I hate leaving on a loss, but I think i'm making a new rule after today: Quit after 3 losses from now on.

Sorry, but i just really had to vent.

Rad-

Genji can be a game winning hero but he definitely has counters. Lucio ult counters his ult pretty hard (and Zen ult soft counters his ult) and McCree is now great against him in general fights.

FoxSpirit

So is this game actually toasterwatch (as in, will any 970+ run it at ultra easily?)
Yes it can easily. Also reflections to medium, Local fog detail to high and you'll probably get stable 120fps. Those two settings do virtually nothing but eat a lot of FPS.

Winston is my go to counter for Genji on console. At the very least you can prevent them from running around unchecked all match and if they're not incredible, you'll be sending them to respawn often.

He's definitely great for making Genji's life hell, but right now, Winston just doesn't seem viable in Ranked.

Every game has got a Zenyatta, which makes Winston drop so fast that even the Genji you were trying to harass can burn you down before you burn him. And every game has a Reaper. One of those that actually initiates first using decent positioning will get 1 to 2 shots off to start and will drop him. Ana directly, and easily, counters Winston's ult.

Any more, he seems great for a counter-pick that you switch to when your team has stalled, and then you quickly switch out of. I'm not sure that a buff is in order. Maybe a nerf to the increased damage from Orbs?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
4 - 0 streak then we come against a 66 Hanzo who was either cheating or the best Hanzo I've ever seen by a mile, must have had 8 ultimates during the game. If he's legit he should seriously go pro because I've never seen anything like it.

ohkay

Genji can be a game winning hero but he definitely has counters. Lucio ult counters his ult pretty hard (and Zen ult soft counters his ult) and McCree is now great against him in general fights.
As someone who plays a lot of Lucio, I know Genji is coming for me if he ults. Should I have to save/have my ult available just so me and my team can survive his?

AngryMoth

Not usually one for spectating video games but I'm quite enjoy watching some pro matches of this game. It's amazing how good they are at aiming

Rad-

As someone who plays a lot of Lucio, I know Genji is coming for me if he ults. Should I have to save/have my ult available just so me and my team can survive his?

If the enemy team has a good Genji, I think your team should either try to save Lucio ult or Reinhardt ult to stop him when he ults. But of course it's situational.

That's why I decided to put for the effort to get good at Genji. It literally requires over like 30-40 hours of playtime to become "OK" at a Ranked Level. Then you need another 100 hours on top of that to reach the levels of "stream-tier genji". He is real tough, but once you get the hang of him, you are a walking team-wipe in a can.

It's funny, I've played Genji about 5-6 times now. And each time it follows the same pattern: 90% of the match I feel like I'm totally useless and just plinking away at the enemy without doing any major damage. But then that last 10% I'm just a goddamn machine, shredding enemies left and right. Not always due to his ult. either; there were times when I was just on a roll and kicking ass with his regular abilities. But it never seems to be quite enough to feel like I'm making a difference.

Maybe I should start picking him more just to get some practice in. He's pretty much my go-to pick for the character to pick in skirmish to play around with; maybe I should take him into actual competition more.

Defuser

Although McCree is great to counter Genji but the moment you fail to kill Genji with your flashbang combo you are good as dead. With Genji double jumping right click melee swift strike combo or right clicking you to death while your flashbang on cooldown there is almost no way to outbeat him one on one unless you got a good aim to shoot upclose.

ohkay

If the enemy team has a good Genji, I think your team should either try to save Lucio ult or Reinhardt ult to stop him when he ults. But of course it's situational.
So I guess the real underlying question I have is: is it fair that I should have to save my ultimate just to make sure one character's ultimate doesn't completely kill my entire team?

Majine

Banned
Anyone else put off by the fact that the characters mouths don't move when you hear the pre-match banter? Usually, I wouldn't mind, but Blizzard has a track record of tiny details like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom