• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
It'd be fine with that. But I don't. I go on streaks. I win a bunch, then I lose a bunch. Otherwise, my rank wouldn't jump around like this. And it's seriously not pleasant at all. I would rather not have the rank at all, but then I have to deal with hero stacking, which is even worse.

then play quick play?

If you flipped a coin 20 times and got heads 3 times in a row, would you flip out about it? It's statistics, it's how these things work.

Roubjon

It's not a hard rank. I generally regrab it in the high 73s, and I'm top 100 by 76. I lose it if I fall low 73. Rank fluctuates, so yeah. Then again, this is ps4, not PC.

Seems like I can hopefully make it there at least once by the end of the season then. Right now I'm at the rear end of 71 on PS4.

Also, these high rank games are so unbelievably tense. There's no room for error whatsoever basically.

Permanently A

Anyone else have a character that just doesn't click?

D. Va is obviously really powerful but every time I play her I feel like her mech is held together with paper mache and spit

Blues1990

D. Va is obviously really powerful but every time I play her I feel like her mech is held together with paper mache and spit

For me, it's everyone BUT Zenyatta, Zarya, Mei, Lucio, Pharah, & (somewhat) Roadhog. I think I'll keep practicing them in the training range.

ksan

blues and exmachinae, thanks for the games! fun playing with ya
Goddamn can anyone beat envyus?

naah, they have chips <3<3
probably the nicest person ive ever played with, ever, and ive never seen anyone else that's just straight up amazing at every game they play

Soulflarz

Banned
Goddamn can anyone beat envyus?

No theres a fairly large river filled with mines between them and the 2nd place team.

Seems like I can hopefully make it there at least once by the end of the season then. Right now I'm at the rear end of 71 on PS4.

Also, these high rank games are so unbelievably tense. There's no room for error whatsoever basically.

Theres a surprising amount of room for error considering what it is. I f up plenty. Just gotta make minor optimization related deaths!

Yes, on console at the least.

Gotta be Roadhog for me. I get every other tank, and like playing them, but Roadhog just doesn't sit well with me.

Veelk

Banned
then play quick play?

If you flipped a coin 20 times and got heads 3 times in a row, would you flip out about it? It's statistics, it's how these things work.

Why not QP? Hero stacking.

Seeing your rank bounce around like this is like getting a kick in the balls every so often. Hero stacking is like getting cancer in the balls. Neither are good, but I know which one I'll take.

And yeah, look, I'm not saying it's entirely unreasonable to lose a few matches, but I wouldn't care if all that happened was that I lost a few matches. But losing a match has a permanent mark on my record of some kind. Comp is way worse with it's rank, but I don't like how QP tracks the matches you win and those you don't. Which is why I ache for a mode with no stat tracking. I'm at my happiest when I just have to worry about the match itself, because even if I lose 3 matches in a row, maybe even all 20, that means nothing because there's no permanent record of it. And I wish I could just not care about that, but I'm just psychologically wired to.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I save those for when there's a real issue I need a misleading link.

Seriously though people here find Genji OP?

Imo he is, his ult at least, it's too strong and charges too fast.

I can't hit Genji when he's jumping. What if they just didn't let him jump? Maybe that would balance him.

Yeah, they should do that.

D.va's strength is harassment and distracting, not tanking per se. She is incredibly tanky 1v1, to the point that she can just endure fire to take out targets and potentially escape alive; else, she has a fair chance of killing them with her pistol. Snipers, supports, and basically anyone isolated is a prime target for her to do her deed. And her survivability can actually be phenomenal if you're able to back off and pepper enemies with the pistol, where you're surviving and re-summoning the mech multiple times in a row. (The rapid fire makes it more like a beam weapon--great for headshots.)

Just remember to boost often and go where no one expects, while keeping the enemy on their toes.

Personally, for me it's Widowmaker. I'm simply not accurate enough to take advantage of her alt fire, and thus her ult. Feels like any time I'm using her I'd be better off with someone else, which leads to me not using her at all. (I also have a similar issue with McCree, though I'm much more interested in learning him.)

Anne

I save those for when there's a real issue I need a misleading link.

Seriously though people here find Genji OP?

In high level nah, in solo Q he's actually pretty hard to deal with but not OP. The ult is really what gets people in solo Q. It can be played around but if you don't actually commit to it you get punished hard.

Sou Da

There seems to be a whole crusade against Genji on the forums. People digging up playtimes to accuse others of being Genji mains and all.

Creepy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah dva is actually really good at tanking now. Best to treat it as a hybrid of Zarya's and rein's taking abilities.

Roubjon

Theres a surprising amount of room for error considering what it is. I f up plenty. Just gotta make minor optimization related deaths!

It's more like better not miss a single shot in my tracer clip on that enemy Zenyatta because the Reaper behind me will probably kill me if I'm there any longer lol.

Salarians

CbCvKf-UUAAXUQq.jpg
Which one, GAF? Leaning towards Devil.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Genji is a problem because of the DVa buff, Ana addition and Zen buff. You ran away Winston. You nerf Genji's ult and everyone will move onto complain about Tracer or Reaper. You nerf them, every support is now Lucio except Zen is Lucio and hits like a truck.

All this because Blizzard can't decide if McCree is an anti-flanker or not.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd sacrifice Genji's abilities to a stronger Mei if they only adjust it to also make the freeze slow down Tracer's blinks.

Kill them both, Mei. Do what Torbjorn can't.

Veelk

Banned
Only solution to the genji problem which I'm sure the whole overwatch forums will agree with:

Buff mei.

ernie.gif

I don't think Genji''s a problem, but apparently I'm in lower levels of play in the 50's where players still aren't that good. He can be really annoying, but eventually people take him down.

Blues1990

Only solution to the genji problem which I'm sure the whole overwatch forums will agree with:

Buff mei.

But seriously, the Defense Heroes need some serious love. Bastion in general is incredibly flimsy, while Symmetra (for Support) doesn't excel outside of defense.

Skii

Played 3 hours with Genji today... My highest eliminations in a game was 12. This is gonna be harder than I thought.

Skii

You know all the tricks and combos?

What do you mean?

My accuracy in general is really poor. Rarely seem to hit the target and because of the button mapping on my controller, it's harder to get off the secondary fire.

Always mistime deflection and dash in even when it's not possible to kill.

And I rarely get more than one kill with Dragonblade.

It's gonna take time I think. Maybe he'll never click. I dunno lol.

Anne

What do you mean?

My accuracy in general is really poor. Rarely seem to hit the target and because of the button mapping on my controller, it's harder to get off the secondary fire.

Always mistime deflection and dash in even when it's not possible to kill.

And I rarely get more than one kill with Dragonblade.

It's gonna take time I think. Maybe he'll never click. I dunno lol.

Like the combos using dash.

Alt fire > melee > dash is 164 damage if all the shurikens hit body.

Also if you land primary fire and confirm it into dash you can turn and do alt fire into melee and that can kill 200 damage characters with no headshots.

So like the whole point of the character is to jump around and deal damage until they are low enough you can execute them by comboing using shift. It's safe to go for it when they are around 100~ HP.

Ketch

Try lowering your sensitivity a little and no kidding try the practice range. If you can't hit shurikens as genii then you can't play genji.

Skii

Like the combos using dash.

Alt fire > melee > dash is 164 damage if all the shurikens hit body.

Also if you land primary fire and confirm it into dash you can turn and do alt fire into melee and that can kill 200 damage characters with no headshots.

So like the whole point of the character is to jump around and deal damage until they are low enough you can execute them by comboing using shift. It's safe to go for it when they are around 100~ HP.

Ah okay thanks. I'll try to remember those!

Try lowering your sensitivity a little and no kidding try the practice range. If you can't hit shurikens as genii then you can't play genji.

Yea, use Practice range just to get sensitivity and controls remapped to your liking.

Well the sensitivity I use on console for Reaper is 50/40 but with Genji, I'm already down to 20/20 and I still feel like my aim is all over the place. The problem is, any lower and I won't be able to do anything with Dragonblade because of the lower sensitivity.

Any recommendations on sensitivity for a controller?

R0ckman

Someone keeps mentioning Reaper slipping through the nerf cracks. I agree slightly, for the most part he is fine, but the tiny bit that pushes him into BS territory is being able to wraith over health packs and still get them, who in the hell thought that on top of getting health from kills was not obviously too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom