• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
Someone keeps mentioning Reaper slipping through the nerf cracks. I agree slightly, for the most part he is fine, but the tiny bit that pushes him into BS territory is being able to wraith over health packs and still get them, who in the hell thought that on top of getting health from kills was not obviously too much?

he dies very fast so it's fine. Wraith only is a temp save. People only complain about his ult really.

BigDug13

Someone keeps mentioning Reaper slipping through the nerf cracks. I agree slightly, for the most part he is fine, but the tiny bit that pushes him into BS territory is being able to wraith over health packs and still get them, who in the hell thought that on top of getting health from kills was not obviously too much?

If you nerf that then he also won't be able to get healing from support classes in wraith form.

Hey guys, I've gotten 3 legendaries in the summer loot boxes so far! Out of 20-ish opened! Great luck, but....
6HM3zOC.png

Huh, never realised how awesome Mei's is. Bearded Moustached boots are dapper as heck.

LiK

When I'm playing like shit and I still get gold medals. That's when I know I'm in trouble. 3 losses in a row today with different groups/randoms. Back to 59

I-hate-u

If they nerf Repear before Genji then wow.

AngryMoth

So I got placed at 56 and instantly tumbled down into the 30's, I think 34 was my lowest. I swear to god this was mostly due to a combination of shit teams and insanely bad luck with someone leaving in what felt like 50% of my matches. I mean I'm not the best player but I'm not that bad!

Well, I managed to gain 7 ranks today and get myself back up to 52. Feel like I have stared into the abyss and and am just now managing to claw my way out the other side.

I knew I wasn't the worst Lucio, but suddenly a realization on how to heal/survive/fight today made me start winning a bunch of comp matches as him.

Gone through rounds without even dying while getting like 8k/9k heal per round.

Damn, just lost a match where a combination of my (Zarya) and D.Vas ults got us a quintuple kill. Such a cool moment, but we still couldn't push the payload the rest of the way due to a damn good Widowmaker covering the attack path. Ah, well, I at least pushed my win percentage with Zarya to above 60% tonight, so it was a good run all in all.

Grisby

When I'm playing like shit and I still get gold medals. That's when I know I'm in trouble. 3 losses in a row today with different groups/randoms. Back to 59
For the past few days I've been 54-56. Don't think I'm going to pass my 58.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have been trying to take my Hanzo playtime over to Ana to change things up with that style.

Weirdly enough, I can kill Tracer with Ana more than any other hero I play. Even ones I have way more experience with. I don't know if they underestimate the dart or what, but Tracer's the one hero I can always nail with it.

LiK

Fuck. Really bad games today. I keep getting matched up with people who can't kill anyone. 3 eliminations in Route 66 got me Gold. One more loss and I'm done for tonight.

Dude was only a level 48 with about 12 games in comp and somehow was a 61. It was the final defense for us and he goes Bastion... fucking Bastion.

We lost ofc

Ouch, that was a bad loss. We were right there.

That faster overtime ticker can be a bitch, couldn't land fast enough as Pharah. Little annoyed that characters that are literally invincible can contest but being slightly too high doesn't count.

Salarians

Played a game earlier with someone who changed characters every few minutes and just wandered around the map looking confused. They were level 109 so I'm just going to assume a friend who hadn't played the game before was holding the controller.

We actually did win the first round, somehow.

maomaoIYP

I'm at rank 60.
First comp match of the day, I get a ranks 38-45 in my team. And an unranked level 25, who picks widow.
The widow leaves halfway into round 1.
Why.

edit: Oh GAWD another unranked in the next game. This time he's level 26. FUCK.

LiK

4th loss in a row. I just raged and turned off my PS4. Matches weren't even close. Got steamrolled. Havent been this frustrated this much before.

Also. Fuck that random who stuck with Ana in Lijiang and did jackshit. Didn't even survive long enough to use her Ult. Are these people even playing seriously?

Nudull

Banned
4th loss in a row. I just raged and turned off my PS4. Matches weren't even close. Got steamrolled. Havent been this frustrated this much before.

Also. Fuck that random who stuck with Ana in Lijiang and did jackshit. Didn't even survive long enough to use her Ult. Are these people even playing seriously?

I swear, we Ana players are not all terrible. ;_;

caesar

Banned
Why not QP? Hero stacking.

Seeing your rank bounce around like this is like getting a kick in the balls every so often. Hero stacking is like getting cancer in the balls. Neither are good, but I know which one I'll take.

And yeah, look, I'm not saying it's entirely unreasonable to lose a few matches, but I wouldn't care if all that happened was that I lost a few matches. But losing a match has a permanent mark on my record of some kind. Comp is way worse with it's rank, but I don't like how QP tracks the matches you win and those you don't. Which is why I ache for a mode with no stat tracking. I'm at my happiest when I just have to worry about the match itself, because even if I lose 3 matches in a row, maybe even all 20, that means nothing because there's no permanent record of it. And I wish I could just not care about that, but I'm just psychologically wired to.

Qp is that mode though, its literally the fuck about and have fun mode. No one cares about your wr.

Also what heros are you playing in comp?

patchday

so much salt in this thread and like zero accountability for losses. You guys complaining bout awful teammates on the daily look up your own stats and compared it to the top 100? Now if your K/D/A is like really great and you lose over 50% then I'd be really keen on seeing that evidence

I swear, we Ana players are not all terrible. ;_;

just ordered her t-shirt lol.

Veelk

Banned
Qp is that mode though, its literally the fuck about and have fun mode. No one cares about your wr.

Also what heros are you playing in comp?

Did I mention how hero stacking is a cancer in the balls? Because it is.

Like I said, I would LOVE to not care about my w/l ratio. But I can't help it.

I mostly main D.Va. I used to be good with Genju too, but I left him alone for a while and now I'm no longer good. My PSN is KingofBlades2278, if you want to look at my modest stats. Feel free to add me though, I want to build up my friendslist so I can play with other gaffers. I usually solo queue, which I feel is the real problem I have. Even losses are easier to bare if you actually talk to people while playing.

LiK

so much salt in this thread and like zero accountability for losses. You guys complaining bout awful teammates on the daily look up your own stats and compared it to the top 100? Now if your K/D/A is like really great and you lose over 50% then I'd be really keen on seeing that evidence

just ordered her t-shirt lol.

Who the fuck cares about numbers. They don't account for when you play randoms or groups. Sometimes you just do better or worse depending on that. And yes, I can tell when I do horrible and I have gold medals which means I'm going well in the match compared to others in my team. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. But I'm more frustrated when my team gets steamrolled. Close matches that end in a loss is fine because at least it was fun.

Nudull

Banned
Dear Rein players,

Please stop making yourselves so easy to trick. At the very least, stop using your charge when there's a big cliff right in front of you. :p

I think I'll buy another loot pack and play QP to relax. Invite me if you wanna play casual games.

Did we ever added each other?

patchday

Who the fuck cares about numbers. They don't account for when you play randoms or groups. Sometimes you just do better or worse depending on that. And yes, I can tell when I do horrible and I have gold medals which means I'm going well in the match compared to others in my team. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. But I'm more frustrated when my team gets steamrolled. Close matches that end in a loss is fine because at least it was fun.

on League of Legends Gaf we all know each other's 'profile'. When someone hops on and whine bout bad teammates we can easily look at their timeline, stats, etc and that helps us figure out where they go wrong.

I'm always leery of people blamming teammates. Yes, people are awful but so is the guy doing the complaining in my experience

[edit] btw no offense to this guy posting btw

Nudull

Banned
on League of Legends Gaf we all know each other's 'profile'. When someone hops on and whine bout bad teammates we can easily look at their timeline, stats, etc and that helps us figure out where they go wrong.

I'm always leery of people blamming teammates. Yes, people are awful but so is the guy doing the complaining in my experience

Does having a close-to-50-50 win average make me a bad OW player? :c

LiK

I'm venting. that's all.

patchday

Does having a close-to-50-50 win average make me a bad OW player? :c

I honestly have no idea. In League of Legends we have lots of tools to determine how badly a player is performing.

I hope Overwatch gets a better API so players can improve their game

_woLf

Legitimately hope Blizzard temp bans everyone who uses other characters in Lucioball.

How the hell have they not fixed it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom