• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

Is there like a bug where it stop counting what you do? Because I just had a match where it stopped counting elims but it would still show on screen that I eliminated the person, but give me zero fire points, which fucking sucks because that means I couldn't build my ult. Then those elims don't get counted on the stat page.

Yup, its happened to me twice now.

ohkay

This game has made me the angriest I've ever been at a game. I went 4-8 last night with players leaving the other team towards the end in 2 wins and lost 2 sudden death coin flips.

As an aside, who do you people doing well in solo queue hell play?

This game has made me the angriest I've ever been at a game. I went 4-8 last night with players leaving the other team towards the end in 2 wins and lost 2 sudden death coin flips.

As an aside, who do you people doing well in solo queue hell play?
Roadhog. I don't have to rely on anyone else. But if my team is actually good then we still work great together.

PatjuhR

Soldier 76 if I get a free choice.

I can heal myself, destroy turrets and run away when needed. And I can also deal good damage.

abundant

Last night I ran into a string of games where we got steamrolled and it made me realize why some people stopped playing. I had to take a little break, I was so frustrated with the game.

I also like to play Reaper as a solo queuer, because a lot of people still lack situational awareness. If they don't kill you in a few seconds and you're out of their direct field of view, they forget you exist. Then you kill them a few seconds later.

Went like 4-1 last night, only ranked up in MMR once. Two of the KotH games gave me like 1/3rd of a MMR point despite gold medals out the wazoo. Then I win a payload map and get 2/3rds of an MMR point, then lose the next one and go down a half point.

#Oversalt

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Last night I ran into a string of games where we got steamrolled and it made me realize why some people stopped playing. I had to take a little break, I was so frustrated with the game.

Speaking of, do people get super upset of choosing the wrong character during a quick play during your playtime or is it just my playtime?

I was playing last night and my team got really mad that I chose bastion on attack despite helping to win.

abundant

Speaking of, do people get super upset of choosing the wrong character during a quick play during your playtime or is it just my playtime?

I was playing last night and my team got really mad that I chose bastion on attack despite helping to win.

Some characters like Hanzo, Genji, Bastion, and Attack Torb have a stigma attached to them due to all the bad players flocking to them/people not realizing how good they can be.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Quick Play is the answer you seek! If you're getting burnt out on competitive, just chill out and play some fun games. They're usually not stomps anymore, since that's moved over to ranked.

The game is fun, don't frustrate yourselves over e-points. The hell's the difference between being 40 ranked and 50-60 except for perceived "badness"? I'm at 55 and just took a break.

Yeah, but I don't even care what I choose in quick play anymore. If I really wanted to win, I will go competitive.
Couldn't say that before, but now I can.

xaosslug

why do so many people choose Zenyatta in Comp? saw too many during my placement matches. they weren't that good.

the thought is that he discords peeps to make them easier to kill (since it auto-locks he's ideal for tenderizing Pharahs, Tracers, Mercys, and Genjis) + transcendence at opportune times, and thanks to this week's brawl there will likely be more Zenny's in comp once peeps train-up more on him. -__-

the thought is that he discords peeps to make them easier to kill (since it auto-locks he's ideal for tenderizing Pharahs, Tracers, Mercys, and Genjis) + transcendence at opportune times, and thanks to this week's brawl there will likely be more Zenny's in comp once peeps train-up more on him. -__-

Plus he makes enemy Roadhog actually killable, alsi discord orbs even when not killing work as a deterrent since people who get the orbs debuff usually hide or backoff from the battlefield until the effect wears off.

aeolist

Banned
i think maybe the weirdest thing in comp is designating an underdog when the difference between team average ranks is 1 point

there is no real difference until you start reaching 5 points i think, maybe more

Prelude.

Only if the team's blatantly lacking some kind of role and "that guy" picks a completely useless character that doesn't counter anyone in the opposing team. But now that competitive is a thing, quick play is more laid-back. Not "screaming in the chat upset" but still annoyed.

LiK

I was a pretty badass Lucio in Comp. kept winning in those games but when others chose him, they weren't that good at healing and we kept dying and losing. I dunno why some people keep sticking with Speed when we're in a firefight. Lucio's passive healing is better than anything speed can give in KOTH. I was a bit frustrated. I think if I ever go back into Comp, I'm playing Lucio as my main and eff off anyone else who chooses him.

I played QP just to chill yesterday. Had two people pick Hanzo, so I did as well. I was excited for the fuckery, but then they both switched off. We ended up slaughtering the other team.

Rad-

Is there a better KOTH comp than 2 Lucio, 2 Zarya, and 2 Winston?

Or swap the Zarya's or Winston's for Tracers

That comp is also really effective when capturing the first point in attack maps. It's also really fun to play because you're constantly speed boosted so nobody can run from Zarya and Winston.

Cocaine_

Neo Member
I also like to play Reaper as a solo queuer, because a lot of people still lack situational awareness. If they don't kill you in a few seconds and you're out of their direct field of view, they forget you exist. Then you kill them a few seconds later.

Dude this has happened at least 4-5 times in the last week, where I spot a Reaper trying to flank and call out in chat "Reaper behind us, he's probably got ulti so keep an eye out for him". 10 seconds later we get wiped by a Death Blossom and I'm sitting there like (-_-)

I'm going to keep giving my teammates the benefit of the doubt but complain that by default, everyone should be in the team voice chat. Come on, Blizzard.

Is there like a bug where it stop counting what you do? Because I just had a match where it stopped counting elims but it would still show on screen that I eliminated the person, but give me zero fire points, which fucking sucks because that means I couldn't build my ult. Then those elims don't get counted on the stat page.

Yes, on KOTH maps (at least on xbox). It really sucks to play a full match and then end up with only like 1000xp.

zoukka

Honest question: why do people think Tjors and Bastions work in defence and sudden death? I've never seen it work outside of quick match.

Dude this has happened at least 4-5 times in the last week, where I spot a Reaper trying to flank and call out in chat "Reaper behind us, he's probably got ulti so keep an eye out for him". 10 seconds later we get wiped by a Death Blossom and I'm sitting there like (-_-)

I'm going to keep giving my teammates the benefit of the doubt but complain that by default, everyone should be in the team voice chat. Come on, Blizzard.

As someone who plays support a lot, I've had it happen to me enough to know how to really piss people off when I play Reaper :p

Also on Dorado and Gibraltar, I love playing as Reinhart and walking to the side of the main entrance door. Just charge as they come out and you'll probably rack up a kill or two.

Also when I play Torb on Hollywood, the Turret on the rising / falling platform outside of Objective A makes for a hilarious time. Then I just shotgun anyone coming from the backside to try and take it out. Unless it's a smart Pharah, then I move it ASAP.

anyone enjoy Comp as it's designed now? I think it's rather bad.
Sudden death is the biggest problem with comp right now. Hopefully they replace it with a much better system, because a silly 50/50 coin flip shouldn't decide who wins, especially when certain maps favor defense and others favor offense, making the coin flip unfair. Not sure how Blizzard let that slide.

LiK

Sudden death is the biggest problem with comp right now. Hopefully they replace it with a much better system, because a silly 50/50 coin flip shouldn't decide who wins, especially when certain maps favor defense and others favor offense, making the coin flip unfair. Not sure how Blizzard let that slide.

yea, people who played it in the PTR also hated it and yet here we are. I guess they couldn't take it out. it makes the matches such a chore.

abundant

This and the rage quitters nonsense are the two biggest problems that need to be fixed before Comp can be good.

eek5

They already said they're changing it. They just didn't have time for the season

This and the rage quitters nonsense are the two biggest problems that need to be fixed before Comp can be good.

Yeah, I've probably lost close to 10 matches because someone lost connection or just plain quit on our team. It kind of sucks. At the very least, give the person who does NOT reconnect a loss and penalty, and the rest of the team gets ranked solely on performance. But some way it will get abused, I just know it.

vypek

Honest question: why do people think Tjors and Bastions work in defence and sudden death? I've never seen it work outside of quick match.

Maybe they have seen it once. I saw seagull do it on a stream in a sudden death match and they wont using Bastion, Mercy and Reinhardt.

Maybe they have seen it once. I saw seagull do it on a stream in a sudden death match and they wont using Bastion, Mercy and Reinhardt.

Throw in a Mei to hold the line where Rein cant, a Reaper to pick people off from behind, and a Pharah / Zarya / S76 as a damage dealer and you've got a solid sudden death defense team.

If everyone's coordinated, that is.

abundant

Yeah, I've probably lost close to 10 matches because someone lost connection or just plain quit on our team. It kind of sucks. At the very least, give the person who does NOT reconnect a loss and penalty, and the rest of the team gets ranked solely on performance. But some way it will get abused, I just know it.

What's crazy is that when someone leaves a match, the winners get reduced XP but the loser get the same amount of lost XP they get in a regular match. It makes it way to easy to drop in ranking but hard to rise up.

vypek

Throw in a Mei to hold the line where Rein cant, a Reaper to pick people off from behind, and a Pharah / Zarya / S76 as a damage dealer and you've got a solid sudden death defense team.

If everyone's coordinated, that is.

Very true. Even when not coordinated, people will catch onto what the Bastion, Mercy and Rein and trying to do and will work to help out anyways since they have something to lose.

V-Faction

latest

Effin' Leevers!

Lesath

I loathe it. I can't play a lot, and with losses being so much more impactful than wins I just keep slipping down the ranks so long as I keep playing until the first win of the day. There isn't a sense of progression, just deterioration. I've dropped from Rank 53 to 45, and recovering my previous rank just seems like a pipe dream now.

...I'm not really having fun with Overwatch anymore.

jorgejjvr

I loathe it. I can't play a lot, and with losses being so much more impactful than wins I just keep slipping down the ranks so long as I keep playing until the first win of the day. There isn't a sense of progression, just deterioration. I've dropped from Rank 53 to 45, and recovering my previous rank just seems like a pipe dream now.

Quickplay will always be there

Cocaine_

Neo Member

There's some things that need changing/fixing/adjustments, absolutely. But I think as a whole I'm enjoying it. The increased stakes and buy-in from my teammates makes me feel like I'm actually being challenged now.

I also think it's made Quick Play a more enjoyable experience. With my group of friends, I can tryhard in Comp and do my goofy shit in QP.

chur

Lucio is love, Lucio is life.

Tried some quickplay last night for the first time since comp came out. My teams were filled with tryhards. Felt sorry for them because I went in there to relax and try out some characters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
God, after a solid few matches playing as asshole hanzo.

How can players live with themselves for playing like this?

I feel like I need to cleanse now.

All joking aside, I think my hanzo is kinda improving. I probably should stop trying to play him everywhere though in quick play.

Depressing few comp matches, but ah well, ended on a high note so there's that. I feel a bit miffed that we couldn't win even when my pharrah scores like 40 or so elims but at least I'm improving as pharrah.

RemiLP

This is a skilled based rank. Your not supose to se progression unless your skill improve.

If you keep falling in rank, it means your still playing against people above your level.

I started at 48, went up to 49, then fell down to 42. The sooner you realise your not as good as you thought, the better.

I stopped caring about the ranks now, and just play as well as i can, and try to improve every game. Im winning more games than im losing now, and having just as much fun regardless of the number next to my name. If i get back up again, great, if not i will improve and do better next season.

aeolist

Banned
yeah if nothing else competitive has made me not care about losing in quick play as much. i think i'll stick with that for the next few days and just play random heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom