• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4wtlwr/they_really_need_to_buff_widowmaker_on_console/

Okay, I've written out my suggestions for Blizzard to buff Widowmaker. Now I patiently wait for them to see my wisdom and implement these changes.

jzc9UkS.gif

Edit: Of course now is when the servers crash.

caesar

Banned
Reinhardts on defence are the worst. Do not charge in and die first on defence, that's how first point gets steamrolled...

Gurrry

Having this weird bug with dva when you get blown up and fly out of the mech, the black screen with the chinese writing on it comes up twice. Once at its regular time, then again like 3-4 seconds later out of nowhere, basically blinding me while im little dva trying to survive.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Having this weird bug with dva when you get blown up and fly out of the mech, the black screen with the chinese writing on it comes up twice. Once at its regular time, then again like 3-4 seconds later out of nowhere, basically blinding me while im little dva trying to survive.

Yeah I'm getting this fairly often too. it's annoying.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
copy paste please, reddit is being shit and won't load

Yeah same, reddit seems to be down -.-

ok got in

I know because I couldn't resist using the bug. I think it was exactly the right choice. Long enough to make a point, not long enough to make bug abusers quit. Glad they didn't Perma everyone who switched classes :)

This is all it says.

Apathy

well it's korean first, and from what i've gathered it's when you the mech dies to a rein charge it happens, not sure if it happens other times

Prelude.

People don't seem very relaxed...

The time constraints is a good point.
Well, I still play to win, but I'm more flexible in quick play since I can use characters I'm less comfortable with, or I want to practice them, and I don't care that much about having a rock solid comp. Even being able to leave if you get a map you played all day is something nice about quick play.

Yeah this has happened to MoonMoon a couple of times on stream.

ramyeon

Ugh, really?

Anyway, I've had it whrere my screen goes black for a second after the mech explodes and the writing has appeared. Don't think I've seen the writing pop up twice though.

LiK

I love that the game said we can leave without penalty after timer but we still lose a rank even tho someone else left first.

ramyeon

Yup, that message is a lie
Well it isn't really. It says that it will still count as a loss. You don't get the other penalties leavers usually get. If it didn't count as a loss it would be too easy for people to abuse and get out of games they were losing.

xaosslug

really think most peeps think the payload moves by itself. Just had my entire team walk away/ahead and leave the payload (and me) at the first checkpoint in Dorado. >_>... >_<

Fuck me, people are dense. When I'm playing as Ana, and repeatedly saying my Ultimate is ready, there's a reason for it. Let me know if your Ultimate is ready, and I'll know to use Nanoboost on you.

That said, I've only been playing on Quick Play with Ana. Maybe people on competitive are smarter about that.

That feeling when you signal ultimate is ready as Pharah and Zarya says "Understood" ultimate is ready.

Yea, everyone in our group lost one full rank as a result. So I guess it doesn't matter. We get punished for it then, wow.

Was part of the reason the struggle is so real at level 40's. Used to be worse. Used to be you got dock full points for a loss of a teammate left and you would get the bare minimum if you won and the other team had a player quit even if game was in hand before that.

So you could literally get into scenarios where you needed 3-4 wins to offset one loss because of quitters on both sides. Glad those days are over.

Prelude.

Someone in our group said if someone else leaves, they should get all the penalty and loss and match should cancel for the rest. The full team can get the win.
Yeah, but Blizzard basically said that they don't want to create a scenario where people could harass someone into leaving so that the rest of the team can get out of a losing match with no repercussions.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, making it still counts as a loss makes sense because otherwise it's too abusable. Can you imagine how toxic it would be if a group can bully who they perceive as the weakest link to drop out?

Making leaving super undesirable is the thing that needs looking into.

Discord should be be 50% increased for Zen and like 20% for everyone else. It wasn't really an issue when no one used him but with Zen every other game people have a third less health.

I've never really felt like a team carrier before but I definitely just had a match on Hanamura where I absolutely crushed it as Reaper and broke the capture point twice allowing my team to come in and actually capture the point, where they had made absolutely no progress until I broke the choke point.

Laputa_94

Yea, everyone in our group lost one full rank as a result. So I guess it doesn't matter. We get punished for it then, wow.

Reached 66 and immediately went back to 65. :(

I actually kept my rank but I believe its because I left almost instantly.

ramyeon

I actually kept my rank but I believe its because I left almost instantly.
I don't think this affects anything. It was probably just that your current position within your rank was high enough that even though you went back on the bar it didn't put you into the lower rank range.

psyfi

Banned
Why do people play QP and then complain endlessly about the rules of QP? Even if you are rank 30, if you stop caring about your rank it would just become a non stacking QP with slightly more focused teams. Which is what all of you want.
Yeah, that's really my take on it too. I only play QP when my rank is high and I want to play solo without bumping it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom