• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

This can only happen to me:

YgETMCq.jpg

3 duplicates and crappy spray. RIP.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Unless I've missed something, they haven't done anything to remedy winning teams suffering as a result of rage- or spite-quitting.

Aaannnd there's no mention of the persistent bug with score counting on KotH maps in Quick Play.

The second one is what I wanted fixed. Sad to not see it.

Good patch though.

i've just left a team because all wanna play dps (i gotta more kills with reinhardt)
i tryed to rejoin another group after the end of the match, and found same players...
Blizzard have to implement a system that recognizes skills and team play
i'm sick to find everytime no skill players

AcAnchoa

I'm done with comp. mode until they somehow fix it and most people begin working towards the objective. For every rank I manage to advance I lose two or three to leavers or Rambos wannabes. I acknowledge that sometimes I play bad and then try to do something about it, but most games are just painful no matter how I feel I'm doing. I'm sticking to Quick Play while praying for a better second season.

Yushi

Honestly I have played 30 Comp games, And I have never run into all these problems you guys are getting (outside maybe 1 person leaving)

I'm 50+

abundant

I'm done with comp. mode until they somehow fix it and most people begin working towards the objective. For every rank I manage to advance I lose two or three to leavers or Rambos wannabes. I acknowledge that sometimes I play bad and then try to do something about it, but most games are just painful no matter how I feel I'm doing. I'm sticking to Quick Play while praying for a better second season.

Unless you play with a full group, I'm afraid Comp won't be good for solo players until season 4 or 5, and that hinges on the hope that the bad players flock to a new game, leaving only the good players behind. I'm sure that Blizzard will fix the rage quitter issue eventually, but there's no way to fix the bad player issue.

duckroll

So how does everyone feel about being in a 5 player group, doing competitive, and then getting a random who selects Hanzo on Volskaya defense, and at the end of the round we lose because while we were running from the spawn, he refused to contest the point and was just uselessly sniping from a distance. Then when we're on attack and we ask him to change character, he picks Torb. Feels great right?

We managed to talk him into playing a Reinhardt eventually. Went with a super aggressive surprise attack, Took both points super quick. The other team couldn't beat our Attack time, and then we attacked again super fast and hard, and won the match.

Chance

It would be great to have a hero that could sap ults.

"Justice rains from above!"
"No it doesn't."

"It's hiiigh noon!"
"No it's not."

"Heroes never die!"
"Yes they do."

"Lets break it down!"
"Let's not."

"Doot doo do doot do doooooo!"
"Wwwop wahwww."

finalflame

"No it doesn't."

"It's hiiigh noon!"
"No it's not."

"Heroes never die!"
"Yes they do."

"Lets break it down!"
"Let's not."

"Wwwop wahwww."

This is called a well-timed Roadhog hook. I deny Pharahs, Soldiers, Reapers, other Hogs, etc Ults all the time :D It's especially satisfying with Soldier76s:

"I'VE GOT YOU IN MY SIGH-"

"No you don't.

Onemic

Man I wish I was actually good with Genji. Too bad I main Zarya so including him in my rotation doesnt make much sense. Watching good players use him is a thing of beauty.

...And it's anime as fuck

pelicansurf

This is called a well-timed Roadhog hook. I deny Pharahs, Soldiers, Reapers, other Hogs, etc Ults all the time :D It's especially satisfying with Soldier76s:

"I'VE GOT YOU IN MY SIGH-"

"No you don't.

I don't mind if it's at the very beginning, since you get to keep your Ult (as an attempted Genji main)
I mind
. It is infuriating mid-ult.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"No it doesn't."

"It's hiiigh noon!"
"No it's not."

"Heroes never die!"
"Yes they do."

"Lets break it down!"
"Let's not."

"Wwwop wahwww."

Mercy's wouldn't work because it's fucking instant and she can die casting it
fuck Mercy

So how does everyone feel about being in a 5 player group, doing competitive, and then getting a random who selects Hanzo on Volskaya defense, and at the end of the round we lose because while we were running from the spawn, he refused to contest the point and was just uselessly sniping from a distance. Then when we're on attack and we ask him to change character, he picks Torb. Feels great right?

We managed to talk him into playing a Reinhardt eventually. Went with a super aggressive surprise attack, Took both points super quick. The other team couldn't beat our Attack time, and then we attacked again super fast and hard, and won the match.

i hope you asked him to join the group and play as rein only

Onemic

Mercy's wouldn't work because it's fucking instant and she can die casting it
fuck Mercy

It's worked for me with Zarya.

*Kill the enemy team*

"Heroes Never Die!"

"Fire At Will!"

*Entire team + Mercy now stuck in a black hole and decimated by my team...again*

Man I wish I was actually good with Genji. Too bad I main Zarya so including him in my rotation doesnt make much sense.
These are my two favorite heroes! I'm able to switch up what I play pretty frequently, though; my group of friends doesn't have a tightly defined six players with set roles.

Genji also gets a lot less play in competitive from me; I find he's very map and composition dependent. I can mostly roll Zarya out anywhere except on defense, and she's decent there, too.

Azoor

I just had a match where two of my team left the game after losing one point. I understand the frustration, but leaving is just going to screw over everyone and not gonna help anyone.

Maybe Blizzard should have a bit harsher punishment for leavers and NOT punish the opposing team as well.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck sake, was in a really close ranked game and I got diarrhoea so we lost, I spent 45 minutes on the toilet. I've never been able to eat Hovis bread since I was a kid and guess what bread I had for lunch.... :(

Onemic

These are my two favorite heroes! I'm able to switch up what I play pretty frequently, though; my group of friends doesn't have a tightly defined six players with set roles.

Genji also gets a lot less play in competitive from me; I find he's very map and composition dependent. I can mostly roll Zarya out anywhere except on defense, and she's decent there, too.

Usually Im the only tank on the team so I cant switch. Plus my Genji is really bad right now, so me playing him almost ensures that I will be handicapping my team. It's quick play though so whatever.

CoLaN

I understand, this game is competitive but damn, some people act as if that number was a measure of how much they are worth and a judgment of their whole life lol.

If staring at the number is killing your fun, you are doing it wrong in my opinion. Focus on enjoying yourself and improving.

ViviOggi

Rank 50 players are unbelievably cancerous wow

Play is whatever across the board, win some lose some but the general flaming LOL U SALTY shitspam and the classic stacks literally cussing anyone out of the game who dares to make friendly/neutral, constructive suggestions to one of their members is off the charts. Need to get back into my old Dota habit of muting the second these little shits show their true colors

One of the main reasons why mixing solo queue with group queue is painful is that if you are the one solo queuer filling for a group it can so easily turn very toxic if they lose and blame you for everything. Classic cases of always blaming the outsider or other instead of sorting out your own performance.

I understand, this game is competitive but damn, some people act as if that number was a measure of how much they are worth and a judgment of their whole life lol.

If staring at the number is killing your fun, you are doing it wrong in my opinion. Focus on enjoying yourself and improving.

I agree, but in this game you rely on your teammates A LOT. One single person cannot carry a team, which means no matter how well you do, there is always a chance you'll be screwed by someone else on your team.

Also, losing sucks.

pelicansurf

Man, no matter what variation of "support" I hear Sombra being, it encroaches ALL over Zenyatta's character. Except better, since you'll be far away from the point of battle.

Onemic

If Sombra is a hard counter to Zarya, I will be the greatest Sombra on the planet.

God damn I hate that hero and their 'I have no real counter play except maybe Reaper if he can fulfill the Twelve Labours of Hercules'

Reinhardt, junkrat

Reinhardt is pretty much a hard counter to Zarya.

ViviOggi

Honestly the most annoying thing about comp at average ranks is that if you don't play a Pharah killer yourself it's all but guaranteed that she will be free the entire game... like you think "alright we got a Soldier and [any long-range hero] so I don't have to go Soldier again" but despite knowing better you still underestimate how rotten their aim actually is

aeolist

Banned
Reinhardt, junkrat

Reinhardt is pretty much a hard counter to Zarya.

lol seriously? junkrat feeds her so much charge and it's incredibly easy to intercept firestrike with self shield. you can also save people who get pinned or ulted.

the only way rein is a zarya counter is if you don't break his shield before ulting, and even that doesn't matter if you have a hanzo or mei with ult to combo with yours.

the only real zarya counter is reaper, and he's situational.

Kasei

The number of times someone has unleashed a tirade on me for not resurrecting them when they're the only person down is increasing at an alarming rate. That or there are multiple weak friendly targets and I choose to heal / damage surge one over another as we're contesting a point.

The rage, death threats and other garbage posted in chat following these minor events is insane. Rather than be subjected to that all night I'm going to put the game down and play some 999 instead...

A decision soundly reinforced by my last game. Had a team that went ballistic over an attacking Hanzo on Gibraltar. They weren't responding to any suggestions in the team chat to change, and as a result had a torrent of abuse flung mindlessly at them.

Next round on defence? Upon seeing the same person reselect Hanzo, the 4 other members of the team locked in Hanzo too. That was a deep sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom